Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,629 members, 7,926,841 topics. Date: Wednesday, 21 August 2024 at 12:15 AM

Congratulations, Jacob : Email Sent To Me By Barack Obama - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Congratulations, Jacob : Email Sent To Me By Barack Obama (464 Views)

Photos Of Putin’s Newly Mobilized Army Of Aged And Unfit Men Being Sent To Fight / Barack & Michelle Obama Buy Martha's Vineyard Mansion For $11.75 Million / Barack Obama Hails Chinua Achebe, Chimamanda Adichie Ahead Of Visit To Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Congratulations, Jacob : Email Sent To Me By Barack Obama by UncleAyo: 5:00pm On May 27, 2022
Hi Ayobami,

Do you remember this photo?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BInAW_Gx1Y

I sure do.

In 2009, Carlton Philadelphia, a National Security Council staffer, brought his wife and two sons to the Oval Office for a departure photo. Carlton’s older son, Isaac, asked me a few questions about policy, but a more surprising question came from his younger brother, five-year-old Jacob.

“Is your hair like mine?” he asked.

It wasn’t the kind of question a president gets every day.

So, I bent down and told him, “Go ahead, touch it.”

He replied, “Yeah, I think that’s pretty much what I’ve got. ”

White House photographer Pete Souza captured that moment and for years the photo hung in the halls of the West Wing. It was a reminder of one of the reasons I first ran for president: that if I were to win, young people—Black kids, Hispanic kids, kids who may not have always felt like they belonged—might see more possibilities for their own future.

It’s hard to believe 13 years have passed. Today, Jacob will graduate high school and continue on to the University of Memphis to study political science. And I couldn’t be more proud of him.

We recently reconnected to reflect on that moment and his journey since then: Check out our reunion here: https://www.obama.org/updates/jacob-philadelphia/?utm_source=crm&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=jacobphiladelphia_052722&sfmc_s=0033600001cYxG3AAK

Congratulations, Jacob, and best of luck to the Class of 2022.

—Barack

Re: Congratulations, Jacob : Email Sent To Me By Barack Obama by God1000(m): 5:02pm On May 27, 2022
Obama remains one of the greatest US presidents
Re: Congratulations, Jacob : Email Sent To Me By Barack Obama by doggedfighter(f): 5:10pm On May 27, 2022
I haven't forgotten Obama and his oratorial skills.

1 Like

Re: Congratulations, Jacob : Email Sent To Me By Barack Obama by Nobody: 5:13pm On May 27, 2022
God1000:

In what sense?
Re: Congratulations, Jacob : Email Sent To Me By Barack Obama by OBALOLA55(m): 5:15pm On May 27, 2022
IT SHALL NEVER BE WELL WITH BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA angry
Re: Congratulations, Jacob : Email Sent To Me By Barack Obama by Fidinno(m): 5:15pm On May 27, 2022
F
Re: Congratulations, Jacob : Email Sent To Me By Barack Obama by cmikel: 5:27pm On May 27, 2022
awsome
Re: Congratulations, Jacob : Email Sent To Me By Barack Obama by UncleAyo: 5:28pm On May 27, 2022
OBALOLA55:
IT SHALL NEVER BE WELL WITH BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA angry

We like to speak as if whatever we say will have effect on other people.

Me I feel I will be delusional to think my curse will have effect on other people.
Re: Congratulations, Jacob : Email Sent To Me By Barack Obama by Uprightness100(m): 5:49pm On May 27, 2022
God1000:

Precious Daddy, I Pray thee, open the eyes of understanding of this young man so that he can see and Understand who Obama really is before it is to late.

1 Like

Re: Congratulations, Jacob : Email Sent To Me By Barack Obama by God1000(m): 5:53pm On May 27, 2022
Uprightness100:

Precious Daddy, I Pray thee, open the eyes of understanding of this young man so that he can see and Understand who Obama really is before it is to late.
lol, hello my guy, I hope you good.

I know who Obama is and what he stands for
He's an upstanding man, a man of integrity, class, compassion, visionary and pragmatic
Re: Congratulations, Jacob : Email Sent To Me By Barack Obama by God1000(m): 5:54pm On May 27, 2022
Thanksful:

In what sense?
in every sense
Re: Congratulations, Jacob : Email Sent To Me By Barack Obama by OBALOLA55(m): 6:02pm On May 27, 2022
UncleAyo:

We like to speak as if whatever we say will have effect on other people.

Me I feel I will be delusional to think my curse will have effect on other people.
IS THERE ANYTHING LIKE LAW OF KARMA undecided
Re: Congratulations, Jacob : Email Sent To Me By Barack Obama by Uprightness100(m): 6:37pm On May 27, 2022
Sorry bro! You have no idea. You are casualty of the Endtimes Deception. My Father in Heaven open your eyes
God1000:
lol, hello my guy, I hope you good.

I know who Obama is and what he stands for
He's an upstanding man, a man of integrity, class, compassion, visionary and pragmatic

1 Like

Re: Congratulations, Jacob : Email Sent To Me By Barack Obama by UncleAyo: 7:52pm On May 27, 2022
OBALOLA55:
IS THERE ANYTHING LIKE LAW OF KARMA undecided

In real life, there is nothing like law of karma, but in people's imaginations, there is.
Re: Congratulations, Jacob : Email Sent To Me By Barack Obama by OBALOLA55(m): 8:33pm On May 27, 2022
UncleAyo:

In real life, there is nothing like law of karma, but in people's imaginations, there is.
I WILL SCREENSHOT THIS FOR POSTERITY SAKE
Re: Congratulations, Jacob : Email Sent To Me By Barack Obama by UncleAyo: 8:45pm On May 27, 2022
OBALOLA55:
I WILL SCREENSHOT THIS FOR POSTERITY SAKE

Good
Re: Congratulations, Jacob : Email Sent To Me By Barack Obama by Nobody: 6:03am On May 28, 2022
God1000:
in every sense

When you like a person, even his vomits makes sense. I understand.

(1) (Reply)

Hungarian Parliament Speaker Laszlo Says Volodymyr Zelensky Has Mental Problems. / WP: Biden Had To Reassure EU Leaders Panicking Over Russia's Success In Ukraine / Ukraine President ‘didn't Want 2 Hear It' When He Was Warned About Russia- Biden

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.