Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,806 members, 7,872,682 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 07:41 PM

Oyo: Senator Folarin Defeats Adelabu, Others To Win APC Governorship Ticket - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyo: Senator Folarin Defeats Adelabu, Others To Win APC Governorship Ticket (23815 Views)

Lagos Election: Chinedu Rhodes-vivour Hallucinating After Sanwo-Olu’s Win – APC / Atiku Win: APC Prepare For Retirement - Femi Fani-Kayode / Femi Otedola Accepts PDP Lagos Governorship Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyo: Senator Folarin Defeats Adelabu, Others To Win APC Governorship Ticket by barbstee(m): 5:16am On May 28, 2022
I would have preferred Adelabu though
Teslim to me isn't an option to Seyi

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyo: Senator Folarin Defeats Adelabu, Others To Win APC Governorship Ticket by PrincessofDSS(f): 5:16am On May 28, 2022
It’s still doesn’t change the fact that suffering continues in Nigeria

So what’s the need of celebrating suffering in the form of a win

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Oyo: Senator Folarin Defeats Adelabu, Others To Win APC Governorship Ticket by Cromagnon: 5:20am On May 28, 2022
BowenSurf:

I think Tinubu reasoned that allowing a candidate to emerge without his support will show who truly owns Oyo grassroot support. He supported Penkelemeesi the other time but gangup by those who lost APC primaries was the reason Makinde won. Those rebels from APC have left Makinde too.

Besides, I see Penkelemeesi as a candidate foisted on others...the guy is very young and naive. That year, they said all Oyo state NPOWER beneficiaries must come for clearance in Ibadan with a dress code. On getting to the clearance venue, it turned out to be a campaign ground for Penkelemeesi and they forced us to mark attendance before the end of campaign by 3pm. My fellow beneficiaries were murmuring, cursing the idiot because those living far away from Ibadan woke up at midnight to catch up with buses that would get to Ibadan before dawn because it was stated that we must be there before 9am. I knew the man's political career was gone.

Chei.
Re: Oyo: Senator Folarin Defeats Adelabu, Others To Win APC Governorship Ticket by Adexxi(m): 5:22am On May 28, 2022
GSM should go and sleep , he doesn't have any opposition, Teslim wey people hate for ibadan , customer dada ni grin Landslide victory for Makinde

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyo: Senator Folarin Defeats Adelabu, Others To Win APC Governorship Ticket by Mallamjp(m): 5:23am On May 28, 2022
FIRDAUS3:
Folarin against Seyi Makinde......
APC will have to come back in the next 4 years again.
Adelabu would have be the best option for Oyo APC.
#My opinion!
Teslin Folarin is a Muslim. He will win the poll very easy, because Makinde is a hypocrite, bigot and infidel grin cheesy cool
Re: Oyo: Senator Folarin Defeats Adelabu, Others To Win APC Governorship Ticket by Neyoosha007(m): 5:23am On May 28, 2022
No walk over for Makinde kankan, Teslim is a very strong politician, very deep rooted
Re: Oyo: Senator Folarin Defeats Adelabu, Others To Win APC Governorship Ticket by Difrent: 5:24am On May 28, 2022
Congtatulations to Folarin

Bigger congratulations to Makinde in Advance....Teslim will face the same fate as Adelabu in 2019 where the majority of the party leaders dont want him and will likely work against him

Biggest congratulations to Adelabu because i have always believed his brightest chance would be in 2027 after seyis tenure.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyo: Senator Folarin Defeats Adelabu, Others To Win APC Governorship Ticket by Adexxi(m): 5:28am On May 28, 2022
Shut that crap joor undecided wetin dey close Even you yourself know Teslim is never a match for Makinde, someone who is a collosal failure, Makinde would have won him before 12pm of election day .
Adelabu had already registered himself in the mind of good people of oyo state , although he lost woefully but I see him improving in his number of votes even though am sure he can't defeat Makinde

With Teslim as Apc candidate, Makinde got no opposition embarassed
Philipponzaghi:

Teslim is stronger than Adelabu. More thorough bred politician and him be agba awo. I remember him during baba Adedibu period and how them dey disturb Oyo that year.

That 2023 election for Oyo go close gan. Even Makinde himself won’t say Teslim is easier than Adelabu.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyo: Senator Folarin Defeats Adelabu, Others To Win APC Governorship Ticket by Adexxi(m): 5:31am On May 28, 2022
All this muslim fanatics, una don start again, always try to divide people along religion line , wait to see how Makinde will trash Teslim , person wey no get level undecided
Mallamjp:

Teslin Folarin is a Muslim. He will win the poll very easy, because Makinde is a hypocrite, bigot and infidel grin cheesy cool

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyo: Senator Folarin Defeats Adelabu, Others To Win APC Governorship Ticket by Adexxi(m): 5:38am On May 28, 2022
Which Adelabu no dey primary venue Comrade you are disappointing me , Adelabu can't stand Teslim , it's a fact , majority of the bigwigs in Apc are with Folarin ..... Slogan: Tessy lokan embarassed whereas no vacancy in agodi grin
Philipponzaghi:

If he’s Tinubu candidate in that election, he wouldn’t have lost.

The guy that anchored that primaries (Tokunbo Afikuyomi) is Tinubu boy and Oyo APC structure is also in the hand of them Tinubu caucus.

Adelabu self no dey the party primary venue. Even the APC chairman for Oyo na them them Asiwaju caucus with them Fatai Buhari.
Re: Oyo: Senator Folarin Defeats Adelabu, Others To Win APC Governorship Ticket by omolola100(f): 5:39am On May 28, 2022
Good morning Nairalanders
We really need help, our house rent expired last month and the care taker has been giving us tough time to come and settle the bills, but as it stands now, we don't have enough to pay the house rent, salaries has not been paid and we hardly find it hard to even feed with the present situation in Nigeria..

Please whatever help anyone can render to us will be appreciated, I pray you will never lack any good things in life in Jesus name..
Re: Oyo: Senator Folarin Defeats Adelabu, Others To Win APC Governorship Ticket by Skodiswayze(m): 5:51am On May 28, 2022
FIRDAUS3:
Folarin against Seyi Makinde......
APC will have to come back in the next 4 years again.
Adelabu would have be the best option for Oyo APC.
#My opinion!

Both adelabu and folarin combined can’t win 3 local governments in 33

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyo: Senator Folarin Defeats Adelabu, Others To Win APC Governorship Ticket by Difrent: 5:52am On May 28, 2022
Adexxi:
Shut that crap joor undecided wetin dey close Even you yourself know Teslim is never a match for Makinde, someone who is a collosal failure, Makinde would have won him before 12pm of election day .
Adelabu had already registered himself in the mind of good people of oyo state , although he lost woefully but I see him improving in his number of votes even though am sure he can't defeat Makinde

With Teslim as Apc candidate, Makinde got no opposition embarassed

Rather like by 10am sef
I recall in 2015....tesi was already congratulating Ajimobi before the end of voting....he just took Gej money him and Jumoke Akinjide and did very little in the elections....the type of things he is well known for. He also famously said they duped Akala by collecting his money and and later working against him, this is the time for people to dupe him too by collecting his money and working against him

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyo: Senator Folarin Defeats Adelabu, Others To Win APC Governorship Ticket by Jimasun: 5:57am On May 28, 2022
Philipponzaghi:

Osinbajo ko, Osunbajo ni.

Same Osinbajo that doesn’t even have all the Ogun APC in his hand will be one controlling Oyo.

Prof. Osinbajo has no structure anywhere bro. He is not a politician.

The fact you don't know Tessy is with Osinbajo is a pointer to your political naivity

2 Likes

Re: Oyo: Senator Folarin Defeats Adelabu, Others To Win APC Governorship Ticket by Adexxi(m): 5:58am On May 28, 2022
Infact before kick off grin This is pay back time for Teslim , ibadan people will milk him and vote against him , his own defeat will be more shameful than that of Penkelemesi
Difrent:

Rather like by 10am sef
I recall in 2015....tesi was already congratulating Ajimobi before the end of voting....he just took Gej money him and Jumoke Akinjide and did very little in the elections....the type of things he is well known for. He also famously said they duped Akala by collecting his money and and later working against him, this is the time for people to dupe him too by collecting his money and working against him

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyo: Senator Folarin Defeats Adelabu, Others To Win APC Governorship Ticket by Adexxi(m): 6:00am On May 28, 2022
You know nothing , Teslim is with Osinbajo , it was his caucus Osinbajo had meeting with when he came to ibadan i remember Adelabu caucus are mocking Osinbajo then .... So Osinbajo wins here undecided
Philipponzaghi:

Osinbajo ko, Osunbajo ni.

Same Osinbajo that doesn’t even have all the Ogun APC in his hand will be one controlling Oyo.

Prof. Osinbajo has no structure anywhere bro. He is not a politician.

1 Like

Re: Oyo: Senator Folarin Defeats Adelabu, Others To Win APC Governorship Ticket by Sannisege: 6:11am On May 28, 2022
Adexxi:
You know nothing , Teslim is with Osinbajo , it was his caucus Osinbajo had meeting with when he came to ibadan i remember Adelabu caucus are mocking Osinbajo then .... So Osinbajo wins here undecided
story.. delegates are going for the highest bidder. Forget story alaye!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyo: Senator Folarin Defeats Adelabu, Others To Win APC Governorship Ticket by adeoba2008(m): 6:12am On May 28, 2022
All of you are only looking at Teslim alone. If the primary is free and fair enough and there are no rancour, it will be hard for Makinde to have a walk over. If they all decide to work together and no go into the election as a divided house, APC can stage a comeback. The only that can make Makinde to win the election is his achievements not any other thing.

It's too early to predict but they have all agree to accept the outcome of the election. Teslim has done alot to ensure that there is peace in Oyo APC ahead of the election and thats what Tinubu and the National wants.

1 Like

Re: Oyo: Senator Folarin Defeats Adelabu, Others To Win APC Governorship Ticket by Odidigboigbo(m): 6:13am On May 28, 2022
Mallamjp:

SW doesn't play religious politics. Mind you Bayo Adelabu and Abiola Ajumobi are all Muslims when Makinde defeated them in 2019

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyo: Senator Folarin Defeats Adelabu, Others To Win APC Governorship Ticket by Olabode211: 6:16am On May 28, 2022
that man is not even worth to be a governor.a whole ambitious idiot.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyo: Senator Folarin Defeats Adelabu, Others To Win APC Governorship Ticket by onatisi(m): 6:16am On May 28, 2022
teslim is not all that a popular candidate yes he is well-known , people know him but majority dont like him that much to vote for him in a general election , he always has a way of winning party tickets because it is easier to win a party ticket than to win a state in a general election but i know despite the huge goodwill makinde is enjoying now with the public , he wont relax and take the election easy , it is very important he takes it serious and embark on a strong campaign BECAUSE AT TIMES POLITICS CAN BE FUNNY

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyo: Senator Folarin Defeats Adelabu, Others To Win APC Governorship Ticket by onatisi(m): 6:18am On May 28, 2022
Odidigboigbo:
SW doesn't play religious politics. Mind you Bayo Adelabu and Abiola Ajumobi are all Muslims when Makinde defeat them on 2019
most especially oyo state

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyo: Senator Folarin Defeats Adelabu, Others To Win APC Governorship Ticket by horladtop(m): 6:24am On May 28, 2022
BowenSurf:

I think Tinubu reasoned that allowing a candidate to emerge without his support will show who truly owns Oyo grassroot support. He supported Penkelemeesi the other time but gangup by those who lost APC primaries was the reason Makinde won. Those rebels from APC have left Makinde too.

Besides, I see Penkelemeesi as a candidate foisted on others...the guy is very young and naive. That year, they said all Oyo state NPOWER beneficiaries must come for clearance in Ibadan with a dress code. On getting to the clearance venue, it turned out to be a campaign ground for Penkelemeesi and they forced us to mark attendance before the end of campaign by 3pm. My fellow beneficiaries were murmuring, cursing the idiot because those living far away from Ibadan woke up at midnight to catch up with buses that would get to Ibadan before dawn because it was stated that we must be there before 9am. I knew the man's political career was gone.

You are very right bro, I was there as well very stressful and discouraging
Re: Oyo: Senator Folarin Defeats Adelabu, Others To Win APC Governorship Ticket by Adexxi(m): 6:24am On May 28, 2022
You still don't want to learn ... Olodo grin
Sannisege:
story.. delegates are going for the highest bidder. Forget story alaye!
Re: Oyo: Senator Folarin Defeats Adelabu, Others To Win APC Governorship Ticket by Sannisege: 6:30am On May 28, 2022
Adexxi:
You still don't want to learn ... Olodo grin
see this mugu. You no know say na highest bidder delegates dey go for, little boy wake up from your slumber.

1 Like

Re: Oyo: Senator Folarin Defeats Adelabu, Others To Win APC Governorship Ticket by Adexxi(m): 6:30am On May 28, 2022
I don't think Teslim can come close to Makinde , even in his local govt he would be defeated , people no just like this man, even my neighbor who is a core Apc member is saying Makinde already sealed his 2nd term .....who wan vote baba pakute grin
onatisi:
teslim is not all that a popular candidate yes he is well-known , people know him but majority dont like him that much to vote for him in a general election , he always has a way of winning party tickets because it is easier to win a party ticket than to win a state in a general election but i know despite the huge goodwill makinde is enjoying now with the public , he wont relax and take the election easy , it is very important he takes it serious and embark on a strong campaign BECAUSE AT TIMES POLITICS CAN BE FUNNY

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyo: Senator Folarin Defeats Adelabu, Others To Win APC Governorship Ticket by Adexxi(m): 6:34am On May 28, 2022
Me little boy Be lyk say u wan collect wotowoto undecided
Follow my earlier write up I wasn't contemplating on highest bidder get the delegate . I'm only trying to emphasize how Teslim winning is a bonus to Osibanjo .... Just trying to teach you slowpoke grin
Sannisege=113240487:
see this mugu. You no know say na highest bidder delegates dey go for, little boy wake up from your slumber.
Re: Oyo: Senator Folarin Defeats Adelabu, Others To Win APC Governorship Ticket by Sannisege: 6:44am On May 28, 2022
Adexxi:
Me little boy Be lyk say u wan collect wotowoto undecided
Follow my earlier write up I wasn't contemplating on highest bidder get the delegate . I'm only trying to emphasize how Teslim winning is a bonus to Osibanjo .... Just trying to teach you slowpoke grin
Your father is the real slowpoke, so go and teach him at home. Omo Iran kiran

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyo: Senator Folarin Defeats Adelabu, Others To Win APC Governorship Ticket by Alsakinah: 6:45am On May 28, 2022
Interesting... Seyi knows Folarin will win. He knows Folarin wella, reason Seyi recruited Auxiliary. He has been preparing for Folarin.

Senator Kolawole Teslim Folarin the in coming Governor of Oyo State.
Re: Oyo: Senator Folarin Defeats Adelabu, Others To Win APC Governorship Ticket by tinsel: 6:52am On May 28, 2022
[quote author=Jimasun post=113239254]
Oyo APC is in the hand of Osinbajo caucus[/quote
See this one. Osibanjo kwa. People just wake up and talk any how.

1 Like

Re: Oyo: Senator Folarin Defeats Adelabu, Others To Win APC Governorship Ticket by tinsel: 6:53am On May 28, 2022
Jimasun:

Oyo APC is in the hand of Osinbajo caucus
Osibanjo kwa
Re: Oyo: Senator Folarin Defeats Adelabu, Others To Win APC Governorship Ticket by Owopariola1: 6:53am On May 28, 2022
Adexxi:
I don't think Teslim can come close to Makinde , even in his local govt he would be defeated , people no just like this man, even my neighbor who is a core Apc member is saying Makinde already sealed his 2nd term .....who wan vote baba pakute grin

That's the thing. Teslim is unpopular.

The majority of the people in Oyo state view him as a protegé to Late Adedibu (godfather of thuggery). Also, people consider him to be generally violent (his issue with Eleweomo is still fresh in people's memory).

A few days ago, it was rumored that he was wielding sword to show that he's ready for whatever it takes.

Plus, Seyi is generally popular and well-received among the populace/electorates who are not politicians.

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Economy Fared Under Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan, Buhari / JTF Kills 14 Boko-Haram Bombers In Kano / Workers Locked Down In Ramadan Without Salaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.