Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,846 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:42 PM

Have U Used USPS Or EMS Lately? Share Your Experience - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Have U Used USPS Or EMS Lately? Share Your Experience (13853 Views)

Mini Importers: Dhl/Fedex/ Ups/Ems/Nipost And Nigerian Customs Public Feedback / Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST / NIPOST's EMS Speedpost - what are your experiences? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have U Used USPS Or EMS Lately? Share Your Experience by billtommy(m): 12:55am On Jul 17, 2011
have u used USPS or EMS lately,tell me ur experience,i want to no if i can use it or not,a broda wants to send me 2 blackberry torches through usps or ems,cos dhl and fedex are expensive,asking for almost 150 dollars for 2 blackberry torches,pls i want advises asap,thanks
Re: Have U Used USPS Or EMS Lately? Share Your Experience by rabbits207: 9:43pm On Jul 20, 2011
I sent 4 blackberry torch last week Monday through USPS with $80 and it was delivered to the final destination in Ibadan on Friday. All you have to do just tell your brother to take the phones down to the nearest post office and make sure he use the right service which is Express Mail Service 3-5 Working days which will cover $100 insurance and tell him to put more $400 insurance on it should be in case the phone lost or something they will refund the full amount of $500 back. All he will spend on the shipping cost will be around $50 MAX and the Tracking Number will start with E series and end up with US, It may look like this EG 9383830 US,EB 3738373 US, EH 3738383 US or EQ 383837 US. I hope i help with your question!!!
Re: Have U Used USPS Or EMS Lately? Share Your Experience by keyne(f): 6:19pm On Jul 21, 2011
lmao, EMS/USPS!!! u had better use fedex or any oda
ok, I have sent 4 packages to nig
2 got der and the oda 2, (missing in transit)
if u want to use EMS/ USPS, BUY EXTRA INSURANCE, If not, NEVER)
p.s, am yet to recv the insurance claim check I filed for a while ago!
Re: Have U Used USPS Or EMS Lately? Share Your Experience by rabbits207: 6:25pm On Jul 21, 2011
Which state did you sent the package from?
Re: Have U Used USPS Or EMS Lately? Share Your Experience by keyne(f): 7:03pm On Jul 21, 2011
TX, ANY STATE INFACT, VE HEARD OF DIFF TALES OF WOES FROM DIFFERENT FOLKS!
Re: Have U Used USPS Or EMS Lately? Share Your Experience by rabbits207: 7:50pm On Jul 21, 2011
Have been using this service at the Post office Express Mail Service 3-5 Working Days forever but i make sure i buy extra insurance on my packages sha and nothing goes wrong with my packages smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley.
Re: Have U Used USPS Or EMS Lately? Share Your Experience by rabbits207: 7:57pm On Jul 21, 2011
@keyne, You said you
keyne:

lmao, EMS/USPS!!! u had better use fedex or any oda
ok, I have sent 4 packages to nig
2 got der and the oda 2, (missing in transit)
if u want to use EMS/ USPS, BUY EXTRA INSURANCE, If not, NEVER)
p.s, am yet to recv the insurance claim check I filed for a while ago!

You said you have sent 4 packages to Nigeria from TX? But i can tell yo have just gotten a visa, How come? Am a lil confused.Tell me about it.
Re: Have U Used USPS Or EMS Lately? Share Your Experience by rabbits207: 8:12pm On Jul 21, 2011
@keyne, When are you coming to the states?
Re: Have U Used USPS Or EMS Lately? Share Your Experience by keyne(f): 8:57pm On Jul 22, 2011
bwahaha, just gotten my visa!!!whttlolz, nope, i was sharing my visa interview experience, being in the states for almost 2yrs~
rabbits207:

Have been using this service at the Post office Express Mail Service 3-5 Working Days forever but i make sure i buy extra insurance on my packages sha and nothing goes wrong with my packages smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley.
I tried EMS and it didnt get dere.thank God is was insured, nawa o
It took me a while to realize that they use NIPOST! shocked
Re: Have U Used USPS Or EMS Lately? Share Your Experience by rabbits207: 11:07pm On Jul 22, 2011
keyne:

bwahaha, just gotten my visa!!!whttlolz, nope, i was sharing my visa interview experience, being in the states for almost 2yrs~I tried EMS and it didnt get dere.thank God is was insured, nawa o
It took me a while to realize that they use NIPOST! shocked

Oops! my bad. I can tell you live in TX? what part of TX do you live?
Re: Have U Used USPS Or EMS Lately? Share Your Experience by Fogman(m): 9:01am On Jul 25, 2011
USPS delivery thru EMS is ok and fast, but EMS will exploit you before releassing the package. You have to go to tgeir office at the post office to take deliver of parcels.They access the package content and ask you to pay certain amount which they call handling charges. Have happened to me on more than one occasion.
Re: Have U Used USPS Or EMS Lately? Share Your Experience by keyne(f): 8:48pm On Jul 25, 2011
^^^^ u mean they open the package?!!!!wow! shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Have U Used USPS Or EMS Lately? Share Your Experience by Jsteed: 10:49pm On Jul 25, 2011
I have used EMS(usps) four times this month and last month, the item got there but each time I was charged N18,500 for 10 pieces of used blackberry, any body know any better way of doing this, please let me know
Re: Have U Used USPS Or EMS Lately? Share Your Experience by rabbits207: 11:25pm On Jul 25, 2011
@Jsteed:
You are very lucky. I sent 2 brand new blackberry torch last week via USPS(EMS) to Ibadan and they charged 18k for the 2 phones after i paid $50 for shipping. see me see Nigeria wahala ooo, my question is where is the money going to? is it for custom or who?
Re: Have U Used USPS Or EMS Lately? Share Your Experience by Jsteed: 11:34pm On Jul 25, 2011
@rabitt
My siblings requested for the official government invoice for the charges, but the people at the post office refused to release it, so I think the charges levied at small items like that goes to their pocket and not the gov.
the amount you are declaring as the value of the item will also affect how much they charge you in nigeria, you should take not of that
Re: Have U Used USPS Or EMS Lately? Share Your Experience by rabbits207: 11:42pm On Jul 25, 2011
@Jsteed:
I was introduce to this shipping company Impexworldwide im thinking to give it a trail a see how things goes with them, Do you know anything about them? Are you in states? Where do you buy your blackberry's?
Re: Have U Used USPS Or EMS Lately? Share Your Experience by Jsteed: 11:46pm On Jul 25, 2011
I have never had of them, how do they operate, and what is their shipping rate like, are they curier service, or do they ship by air or sea
yes I am in state and I buy blackberry over the internet,
Re: Have U Used USPS Or EMS Lately? Share Your Experience by billtommy(m): 1:43pm On Jul 26, 2011
ok,so i will have to pay almost 18k to collect d 2 blackberries here?
Re: Have U Used USPS Or EMS Lately? Share Your Experience by billtommy(m): 1:44pm On Jul 26, 2011
i will appreciate oda options just dat ups,fedex and tnt are very very expensive
Re: Have U Used USPS Or EMS Lately? Share Your Experience by rabbits207: 8:16pm On Jul 26, 2011
Cam Impex 732-698-9008 they are in New Jersey and Yes they ship by Air, Its very cheap but i never use them before tho, Im willing to give them a trail and see how things goes by, Which state you dey?
Re: Have U Used USPS Or EMS Lately? Share Your Experience by Jsteed: 9:05pm On Jul 26, 2011
I am in MO, are you in USA
Re: Have U Used USPS Or EMS Lately? Share Your Experience by rabbits207: 9:12pm On Jul 26, 2011
Yes! Am in LA.
Re: Have U Used USPS Or EMS Lately? Share Your Experience by Jsteed: 9:29pm On Jul 26, 2011
are you dealing on blackberry? do you find it easy to buy?
Re: Have U Used USPS Or EMS Lately? Share Your Experience by rabbits207: 9:45pm On Jul 26, 2011
Im me tundex2002us
Re: Have U Used USPS Or EMS Lately? Share Your Experience by blkmum700: 9:49pm On Jul 26, 2011
@poster,
             don't even try them,except you want to lose the blackberry, last year November, my friend in California send me  two laptop,2 gold chain and two digital camera ,i got none of them and this year i have also lost two gold chain from a friend in new Jersey,i think they are some people here in Nigeria who are stealing them,i keep tracking the one from California ,there is no any update except the package has been dispatch for international delivery,when i told my friend to go back  there,they told him they can't trace the location of the package once the package is outside US,means the package has been deliver to Nigeria but some useless crook are stealing them here at the post office,i think Government need to do something about this,NOT the politician in this country alone are corrupt the people working in government departments are also corrupt.just stay away from them with insurance or without insurance once your package is lost you wont get refund,believe me.
Re: Have U Used USPS Or EMS Lately? Share Your Experience by femmy2010(m): 10:39pm On Jul 26, 2011
I would advice you Use any of FedEx,Ups,dhl.
Rather pay $50 more than Pay $50 less and loose your berries.

1 Like

Re: Have U Used USPS Or EMS Lately? Share Your Experience by Jsteed: 10:43pm On Jul 26, 2011
how much does it cost to ship with FEDEX, UPS or DHL
Re: Have U Used USPS Or EMS Lately? Share Your Experience by femmy2010(m): 10:48pm On Jul 26, 2011
You can do a fast calculation on www.fedex.com or www.ups.com
Re: Have U Used USPS Or EMS Lately? Share Your Experience by rabbits207: 11:11pm On Jul 26, 2011
@Jsteed:
Are you the one trying to add me on Yahoo IM?
Re: Have U Used USPS Or EMS Lately? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jul 26, 2011
G
Re: Have U Used USPS Or EMS Lately? Share Your Experience by Jsteed: 12:43am On Jul 27, 2011
@rabitt
is not me
Re: Have U Used USPS Or EMS Lately? Share Your Experience by nanidee(f): 1:34am On Jul 27, 2011
@ OP, use fedex. They're usually cheaper than dhl, but u wont have any problems with them.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Much Does An Average Okada Man Earn In A Day / Fashola Commissions Tejuosho Market / Supreme Court Rules That Old & New Naira Notes Will Co-Exist As Legal Tender

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.