Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,490 members, 7,920,845 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 01:26 PM

Saint-Etienne Fans Attack Players After Relegation To Ligue 2 - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Saint-Etienne Fans Attack Players After Relegation To Ligue 2 (482 Views)

Etienne, Samuel Eto'o's Son To Play For Cameroon In FIFA Under-17 World Cup / Panathinaikos Vs Olympiakos Abandoned After Fans Attack Players (Photos, Video) / See How Ladies Welcomed Atletico Madrid Players After Landing In Uyo. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saint-Etienne Fans Attack Players After Relegation To Ligue 2 by Goalgist(f): 10:10pm On May 29, 2022
Saint-Etienne fans attacked their own players after they were relegated to Ligue 2 following their play off defeat to Auxerre on Sunday.

Saint Etienne were beaten on penalties after Ryad Boudebouz missed the deciding spot kick following a 1-1 draw on the night and a 2-2 draw on aggregate, meaning Les Verts will play in the second tier of French football for the first time since 1999.

The club is the joint-most decorated in French domestic football having won Ligue 1 10 times in their history, however Paris Saint-Germain equalled that tally with this year’s league win and will more than likely eclipse it.

After relegation was confirmed, fans turned on their players in aggressive fashion and chose to confront the squad, board and directors with violent methods.

Supporters ran onto the pitch at the Geoffroy-Guichard Stadium and began throwing flares and smoke bombs into the stands towards the directors box while also appearing to attempt to attack and confront their own players.

Saint Etienne players were evacuated from the pitch, with no reports as of yet to say they have been hurt. Footage below shows the moment thousands of fans invaded the pitch before beginning to attack.

Click the link below to see videos:

https://www.goalgist.com/saint-etienne-fans-attack-players-after-relegation-to-ligue-2/

Re: Saint-Etienne Fans Attack Players After Relegation To Ligue 2 by Coly2012(m): 10:15pm On May 29, 2022
Is Paul Pogba brother still in that club?
Re: Saint-Etienne Fans Attack Players After Relegation To Ligue 2 by Goalgist(f): 10:27pm On May 29, 2022
Coly2012:
Is Paul Pogba brother still in that club?

No

1 Like

Re: Saint-Etienne Fans Attack Players After Relegation To Ligue 2 by paulolee(m): 10:34pm On May 29, 2022
st anietie self don follow relegate....make the fans beat them well because dm scatter my tickets too much last season..
stake them double chance DM go lose for home, carry them to lose against other team, dm go play barren draw..
I gave up on them when I play them under4.5 against lorient early last month and I see 2-2 half time...
d match end 6-2, lorient come from behind n win them 6-2 scatter my ticket, me self i too sturbon bcoz I for jus leave d stupid club....them suppose arrest dier coach join..

1 Like

Re: Saint-Etienne Fans Attack Players After Relegation To Ligue 2 by jagorinho: 11:13pm On May 29, 2022
I have never seen a team that loves to draw like this useless team, if this team is 2 goals ahead, it won't rest until it conceeds the 2 goals and get a draw, seems their board always instruct the team to go for draw In any circumstance they find themselves.
Re: Saint-Etienne Fans Attack Players After Relegation To Ligue 2 by Stargangz: 11:16pm On May 29, 2022
paulolee:
st anietie self don follow relegate....make the fans beat them well because dm scatter my tickets too much last season..
stake them double chance DM go lose for home, carry them to lose against other team, dm go play barren draw..
I gave up on them when I play them under4.5 against lorient early last month and I see 2-2 half time...
d match end 6-2, lorient come from behind n win them 6-2 scatter my ticket, me self i too sturbon bcoz I for jus leave d stupid club....them suppose arrest dier coach join..

Bros take am easy nah grin

(1) (Reply)

What Mane Did Minutes After Departing Liverpool / Tuesday Football Predictions 10 Correct Score Tips 750 Odd , For More On Youtube / Milik Sent Off For Celebrating Disallowed Goal & Referee Shows Four Red Cards.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.