Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,840 members, 7,930,907 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 11:35 AM

Meet Indian Woman Who Faked Being A Man For 36 Years To Protect Her Daughter - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Meet Indian Woman Who Faked Being A Man For 36 Years To Protect Her Daughter (75020 Views)

"King Charles Has Only 2 Years To Live", Funeral Plans Unveiled / Biggest US Navy War Games In 40 Years To Prepare For WW3( Pics) / Joe Biden Becomes The First Democrat In 28 Years To Win Georgia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet Indian Woman Who Faked Being A Man For 36 Years To Protect Her Daughter by merits(m): 4:34pm On May 30, 2022
ogbiwa:
A crafty woman reportedly spent 36 years pretending to be a man to protect her daughter and keep herself safe from stalkers.

S.Petchiammal from the state of Tamil Nadu in southern India, made the unusual sacrifice for decades while raising the child alone.

Married when she was 20, she tragically lost her husband while pregnant with his daughter only 15 days after their wedding — and quickly found life as a single mum a struggle in the strict, traditional and sometimes unsafe environment of her village.

Petchiammal eventually decided to move away, and began to cut her hair and change her clothing after a personal visit to Tiruchendur Murugan Temple, where she rechristened herself with the name ‘Muthu’.

The devoted mum then spent the rest of her life keeping her true identity a secret from everyone but her daughter and close members of family as she took on a range of manual jobs, including work in construction, hotels and tea shops.

Revealing the story of her life in disguise as a man, Ms Petchiammal told the New India Express: “We resettled at Kattunayakkanpatti over 20 years ago. Only my close relatives back home and my daughter knew that I am a woman,”

"I did all kinds of jobs, from working as a painter, tea master, parotta master to 100-day work. I saved every penny to ensure a safe and secure life for my daughter"

"After days, Muthu [a male name] turned to be my identity, which in turn was mentioned on all documents, including Aadhaar, Voter ID, and bank account."

Petchiammal added that while her daughter has now married, she is not willing to revert back to female attire yet as she thinks the identity she took on gave her child a "safer life" — and so believes she should die as the same person.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/weird-news/woman-fakes-being-man-35-27068379

Re: Meet Indian Woman Who Faked Being A Man For 36 Years To Protect Her Daughter by Uprightness100(m): 4:34pm On May 30, 2022
Which GOD?
GOD does not bless Lies and Falsehood.
You should pray for her to repent from falsehood.

ArchiLimited:
Eya. God bless her

1 Like

Re: Meet Indian Woman Who Faked Being A Man For 36 Years To Protect Her Daughter by Muna400(f): 4:34pm On May 30, 2022
[quote author=Balotelli71 post=113316006][/she must have small breasts]
Re: Meet Indian Woman Who Faked Being A Man For 36 Years To Protect Her Daughter by jrusky(m): 4:34pm On May 30, 2022
siofra:
See how Nigerians are praising her grin yet they hate Bobrisky

Is bobsilly protecting anyone? Does this narrative has any relation with that thing called Bobsilly?
Re: Meet Indian Woman Who Faked Being A Man For 36 Years To Protect Her Daughter by akanbiaa(m): 4:34pm On May 30, 2022
Hmmm
Re: Meet Indian Woman Who Faked Being A Man For 36 Years To Protect Her Daughter by candidladyTemp(f): 4:35pm On May 30, 2022
PAGAN9JA:
Indian mother's Love

Can a Nigerian Mother man do the same?

1 Like

Re: Meet Indian Woman Who Faked Being A Man For 36 Years To Protect Her Daughter by miketayo(m): 4:35pm On May 30, 2022
siofra:

How does it correlate
Re: Meet Indian Woman Who Faked Being A Man For 36 Years To Protect Her Daughter by ThePlugg(m): 4:36pm On May 30, 2022
God bless all Moms

1 Like

Re: Meet Indian Woman Who Faked Being A Man For 36 Years To Protect Her Daughter by STEWpid(f): 4:37pm On May 30, 2022
That's a powerful protection against Gbola people

1 Like

Re: Meet Indian Woman Who Faked Being A Man For 36 Years To Protect Her Daughter by Harmless1b(m): 4:38pm On May 30, 2022
ogbiwa:
A crafty woman reportedly spent 36 years pretending to be a man to protect her daughter and keep herself safe from stalkers.

S.Petchiammal from the state of Tamil Nadu in southern India, made the unusual sacrifice for decades while raising the child alone.

Married when she was 20, she tragically lost her husband while pregnant with his daughter only 15 days after their wedding — and quickly found life as a single mum a struggle in the strict, traditional and sometimes unsafe environment of her village.

Petchiammal eventually decided to move away, and began to cut her hair and change her clothing after a personal visit to Tiruchendur Murugan Temple, where she rechristened herself with the name ‘Muthu’.

The devoted mum then spent the rest of her life keeping her true identity a secret from everyone but her daughter and close members of family as she took on a range of manual jobs, including work in construction, hotels and tea shops.

Revealing the story of her life in disguise as a man, Ms Petchiammal told the New India Express: “We resettled at Kattunayakkanpatti over 20 years ago. Only my close relatives back home and my daughter knew that I am a woman,”

"I did all kinds of jobs, from working as a painter, tea master, parotta master to 100-day work. I saved every penny to ensure a safe and secure life for my daughter"

"After days, Muthu [a male name] turned to be my identity, which in turn was mentioned on all documents, including Aadhaar, Voter ID, and bank account."

Petchiammal added that while her daughter has now married, she is not willing to revert back to female attire yet as she thinks the identity she took on gave her child a "safer life" — and so believes she should die as the same person.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/weird-news/woman-fakes-being-man-35-27068379

Still sounds like Indian movie
Re: Meet Indian Woman Who Faked Being A Man For 36 Years To Protect Her Daughter by Acidbath: 4:39pm On May 30, 2022
Indians wey dey treat their women like sh1t...yet, na them dey pay dowry.

Their women don't value themselves as beautiful as they are. If they can all speak with one voice, there will be no need to change gender identity.

Re: Meet Indian Woman Who Faked Being A Man For 36 Years To Protect Her Daughter by Theama(m): 4:39pm On May 30, 2022
Hmmm
Re: Meet Indian Woman Who Faked Being A Man For 36 Years To Protect Her Daughter by Yankee101: 4:42pm On May 30, 2022
Women suffer for their biology, treat EVERY woman you meet with dignity please.

Even an Ex

Show respect to everyone. It helps them become a better person; makes their day better and help them to see God in you

2 Likes

Re: Meet Indian Woman Who Faked Being A Man For 36 Years To Protect Her Daughter by iTommysco: 4:42pm On May 30, 2022
Lol another Bob risky
Re: Meet Indian Woman Who Faked Being A Man For 36 Years To Protect Her Daughter by Haakeem(m): 4:44pm On May 30, 2022
siofra:
get out jare.
Re: Meet Indian Woman Who Faked Being A Man For 36 Years To Protect Her Daughter by Aforxzy(f): 4:44pm On May 30, 2022
Maybe there was gender discrimination and she felt she would get better jobs as a man than as a woman..

Otherwise being a woman wouldn't have stopped her from protecting and providing for her daughter. The falsehood was totally unnecessary IMO

1 Like

Re: Meet Indian Woman Who Faked Being A Man For 36 Years To Protect Her Daughter by 9jaBloke: 4:46pm On May 30, 2022
Movie deal loading.........
Re: Meet Indian Woman Who Faked Being A Man For 36 Years To Protect Her Daughter by Nktessy(f): 4:47pm On May 30, 2022
Skyfornia:
This is a true mother-hen protecting her chick by all means necessary...but did she remove her bress? How did she disguise that part of her body?? Woo! To be a man no be day job!

She must have used girdle to press it inside
Re: Meet Indian Woman Who Faked Being A Man For 36 Years To Protect Her Daughter by bluefilm: 4:48pm On May 30, 2022
Maybe they didn't find her out probably because they thought all along that s/he is a Trans. grin
Re: Meet Indian Woman Who Faked Being A Man For 36 Years To Protect Her Daughter by SaturnNick(m): 4:48pm On May 30, 2022
I believe 30% only
Re: Meet Indian Woman Who Faked Being A Man For 36 Years To Protect Her Daughter by jojothaiv(m): 4:50pm On May 30, 2022
SundayYam:
Nigerians can now earn in US Dollars by participating in the US Stock market.

I've sent you a mail, awaiting your response.
Re: Meet Indian Woman Who Faked Being A Man For 36 Years To Protect Her Daughter by hope4nigeria(m): 4:51pm On May 30, 2022
siofra:
see how empty your skull is, comparing that hopeless soul with reasonable person, you are very mad
Re: Meet Indian Woman Who Faked Being A Man For 36 Years To Protect Her Daughter by cayorday89(m): 4:53pm On May 30, 2022
This here is the mother of all disguise... I can't imagine how she went about all that with all the discomfort associated with being a woman especially the monthly thing...
Re: Meet Indian Woman Who Faked Being A Man For 36 Years To Protect Her Daughter by almarthins(m): 4:55pm On May 30, 2022
siofra:

Bobrisky na homosexual, get it. grin
Re: Meet Indian Woman Who Faked Being A Man For 36 Years To Protect Her Daughter by Holluwhakemmy(f): 4:56pm On May 30, 2022
Skyfornia:
This is a true mother-hen protecting her chick by all means necessary...but did she remove her bress? How did she disguise that part of her body?? Woo! To be a man no be day job!
She might not be a boosty person.
Re: Meet Indian Woman Who Faked Being A Man For 36 Years To Protect Her Daughter by Emperor88(m): 4:56pm On May 30, 2022
siofra:
Finally found a Nigerian who is not an hypocrite. When a woman wears Agbada it is cute but Bob is a devil incarnate to them.

1 Like

Re: Meet Indian Woman Who Faked Being A Man For 36 Years To Protect Her Daughter by Emperor88(m): 4:58pm On May 30, 2022
hope4nigeria:
see how empty your skull is, comparing that hopeless soul with reasonable person, you are very mad

You are actually the mad person here...If a man did same what will you call him?
Re: Meet Indian Woman Who Faked Being A Man For 36 Years To Protect Her Daughter by henryadex(m): 4:59pm On May 30, 2022
Sultty:
indians and dramas are like 5&6, it's in Indian film i see bullets move in slow motion, the bullet receiver go kitchen go drink water come back to his previous posture to receive him bullet

Anything that can be be acted is a reality in the spiritual realm

1 Like

Re: Meet Indian Woman Who Faked Being A Man For 36 Years To Protect Her Daughter by Emperor88(m): 4:59pm On May 30, 2022
jrusky:

Is bobsilly protecting anyone? Does this narrative has any relation with that thing called Bobsilly?
She is a cross_dresser same as bobrisky.
Re: Meet Indian Woman Who Faked Being A Man For 36 Years To Protect Her Daughter by Karemarealty288(m): 5:01pm On May 30, 2022
A movie must be made out of this wonderful real life story.....

Re: Meet Indian Woman Who Faked Being A Man For 36 Years To Protect Her Daughter by Karemarealty288(m): 5:05pm On May 30, 2022
Uprightness100:
Which GOD?
GOD does not bless Lies and Falsehood.
You should pray for her to repent from falsehood.

Who are you to decide for God who to bless or not? Why do you this fake Pastor judge her?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Croatian President Personally Driving The National Football Team (Photos) / Kenyan County Officer Gets Stuck During Sex With Another Man’s Wife (PHOTO) / At least 65 dead in Makkah Grand Mosque crane crash (graphic Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.