Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,870 members, 7,879,661 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 01:29 AM

I Am Really Depressed, My Mom's Death Is Killing Me! - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Am Really Depressed, My Mom's Death Is Killing Me! (38541 Views)

I Feel Depressed! My Cousin Beat Me Because Of N100 Biscuit / Help: My Father Is Killing My Mom Gradually / My Mom's Death Would Be A Relief To Me, She Hurt Me A Lot - South African Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Really Depressed, My Mom's Death Is Killing Me! by delpee(f): 9:31pm On May 31, 2022
@OP
Sincere condolences to you. May God comfort and uphold you. May her soul rest in peace.

Please remember that she has run her race and gone to rest. It's time to move on. Consider her wishes for you. If you stay in the mourning mood for too long, it will be difficult to move forward and fulfill your life goals/purpose here on earth. Your mum will wish that you succeed. Have that at the back of your mind.

May God give you a partner who will walk with you through life's storms, and make you smile joyfully again.

1 Like

Re: I Am Really Depressed, My Mom's Death Is Killing Me! by Hope313(m): 9:31pm On May 31, 2022
dboY1123:
It is a month already that my mom died in my hands.. I am really depressed!! I have been seeing life as nothing and vanity, I can't get over her, memories with her kept coming back really hard I tried to keep myself busy by watching movies, playing games and so on..But that doesn't stop my mind from remembering her.

These days, nothing bothers me again, not even life or death, I still have a father but it doesn't change things..

There was a time I went to school (my ppa), my proprietor was trying to pacify me by talking about when he lost his wife back then and everything, I started feeling uneasy and extremely tired..it wasn't stress at all my stomach started aching and I felt like vomiting or even passing out..he noticed it and I quickly left his presence and I went back home to shower and rest..

Please how can I get over my mom, I'm so obsessed with her and her memories kept coming in my head that every time I felt I could have done something to rescue her despite everything I did, taking her to state hospitals and even private.. I am the last born and I am about 29years..I have elder ones like 45(first born) but I took so much responsibilities when she was sick and I was only the one she could call everytime she's depressed due to memory loss..I later found out her sickness was related to heart failure and it was congestive heart failure she was going through.. All those times we thought she had nocturnal asthma like early last year..

It was only last month we knew that it was cardiomyopathy or cardiomegaly heart related.. The general hospitals we took her too didn't say anything like that, one of them only said her liver seemed bigger than the normal one..And we thought it was edema cz her legs were swollen.. So, it was heart related disease and it led to cardiac arrest or heart attack cz she just vomited and stopped breathing all of a sudden..
so sorry my brother, may the only true God Jehovah give you the needed strength to endure the death of your mum. Jehovah our loving creator have given us hope in his word the Bible, the account of (John 5:28-30) assures us about what Jehovah will do for our dead loved ones. What we just need is to exercise faith in the ransom sacrifice of Jesus Christ. Read( Romans 6:23)
Re: I Am Really Depressed, My Mom's Death Is Killing Me! by Hezmatosky: 9:32pm On May 31, 2022
Like say we never loss our mama before sha sad Na ur mama death dey make you wan throw up? Abi ur hand dey
Re: I Am Really Depressed, My Mom's Death Is Killing Me! by Henz81: 9:32pm On May 31, 2022
dboY1123:
It is a month already that my mom died in my hands.. I am really depressed!! I have been seeing life as nothing and vanity, I can't get over her, memories with her kept coming back really hard I tried to keep myself busy by watching movies, playing games and so on..But that doesn't stop my mind from remembering her.

These days, nothing bothers me again, not even life or death, I still have a father but it doesn't change things..

There was a time I went to school (my ppa), my proprietor was trying to pacify me by talking about when he lost his wife back then and everything, I started feeling uneasy and extremely tired..it wasn't stress at all my stomach started aching and I felt like vomiting or even passing out..he noticed it and I quickly left his presence and I went back home to shower and rest..

Please how can I get over my mom, I'm so obsessed with her and her memories kept coming in my head that every time I felt I could have done something to rescue her despite everything I did, taking her to state hospitals and even private.. I am the last born and I am about 29years..I have elder ones like 45(first born) but I took so much responsibilities when she was sick and I was only the one she could call everytime she's depressed due to memory loss..I later found out her sickness was related to heart failure and it was congestive heart failure she was going through.. All those times we thought she had nocturnal asthma like early last year..

It was only last month we knew that it was cardiomyopathy or cardiomegaly heart related.. The general hospitals we took her too didn't say anything like that, one of them only said her liver seemed bigger than the normal one..And we thought it was edema cz her legs were swollen.. So, it was heart related disease and it led to cardiac arrest or heart attack cz she just vomited and stopped breathing all of a sudden..
Dear, be console by the fact that God gives and He takes. That feeling is normal especially when you love the person so much. With time you will get over it.
Re: I Am Really Depressed, My Mom's Death Is Killing Me! by psalmistkakah(m): 9:34pm On May 31, 2022
Chaii, i passed tru this wen i lost my dad i2019, for good two years, i lost interest in life, my business was affected, i started giving customer less attention, My heart will race immediately i hear the word dead. chest and short breath will set in, like i will pass out, I developed severe chest pain and palpitations set in.. keep dreaming of my dad almost every day.. As i type i still have chest but am getting better without drugs.. I have decided to put everything behind me and move on, i talk to myself that my father will be disappointed in me in the spiritual realm. I shod rather represent him well, knowing fully well that one day i will also say goodbye to this life.. So make i enjoy myself too.. Although it wasn't easy but u need to fight it.. last last u will be okay. is a bad experience, i know exactly how u feeling now.. Andranaline go just pour inside u any how.. try and check ur BP but not put in fear.. Nothing will happen to u..

1 Like

Re: I Am Really Depressed, My Mom's Death Is Killing Me! by tinacrl01(m): 9:35pm On May 31, 2022
dboY1123:

I feel the same way when I lost my dad..my mom died last year Oct and my dad died April this year your will not understand how I’m feeling now about there deaths
Re: I Am Really Depressed, My Mom's Death Is Killing Me! by jimtemi1: 9:36pm On May 31, 2022
Try and have reasonable friends around you
Re: I Am Really Depressed, My Mom's Death Is Killing Me! by Fairandlovely(f): 9:37pm On May 31, 2022
cry cry going through same,,lost my mum a month ago nd it hasn't been easy,,saw when d doctors nd nurses fought hard 2 resuscitate her but she still left me cry
Re: I Am Really Depressed, My Mom's Death Is Killing Me! by Nsarug80: 9:38pm On May 31, 2022
dboY1123:

The way you feel about your Mum's demise is an expression of the love & happy moments you both shared. It's very normal but you'll get over it with time.
I lost my mum exactly 10years ago when I was 32, yet I acted like an infant, giving up all hope & aspirations. Today, I'm a happy person with a wife & three kids, one of whom is named after her.
So, my brother, take heart no matter how painful it is. It's really painful losing loved ones. However, life must go on. Once again, take heart & rest assure you will be happy again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am Really Depressed, My Mom's Death Is Killing Me! by MetaPhysical: 9:39pm On May 31, 2022
dboY1123:

Op, your mother transitioned from a physical state to a metaphysical state.

I know Im going to get a mention for typing my moniker but thats ok.

There are three phases of this life, they are partitioned from the other. Those stages are

1. Prelife
2 Life
3. Afterlife.

Life is a continuity through all three stages and is never extinguished but transforms.

It goes like this...when a child is born they already carry in them the imprint for reproduction. In other words they come out of womb with a capacity for recreating ancestry.

The fertilization stage of sperm and egg is a manifestation for that ancestry to experience life. In the womb the life has no knowledge of time, space or distance...it exists in a void. Life is where experiences happen to know, to taste, to touch, to feel and to see. Then a muvh richer and better experience lies ahead when life transforms into afterlife. We become like bird, we can at once see everything, be everywhere, touch every link up and down in the ancestral link.

In afterlife we can experience a ancestor of 300yrs ago or a descendant to be born 500yrs in future. Imagine a baby in womb, inexperienced, dependent and need an adult to care and nurture its development. That is a relationship between life and afterlife. They are in the metaphysical state caring for us, looking out for our best interest and grooming our development. To them, we are in the womb of life.

So your mother is not dead. Keep her in your memory and remember she is looking out for you. When you need something that she cannot provide she will reach to your ancestral link and ask for someone to get it to you so you will be okay. So remember to pray and love her and as well your ancestors because you are in the womb of life and they look out for what is good for you.

Dont forget your mom, keep her in loving memory and stop saying she is dead. She lives in afterlife with your ancestors and descendants. Your descendants cannot come to your aid because they are in prelife and are yet to know what living is....unlike ancestors, they have passed through it, they know, and can bring solution to a dillema in your path.

You do a disservice when you think of your mom and past ones as dead. They are in afterlife, love them, adore their memories with flowers, nice incence, good perfume, white clothings, cook their favorite food and give out in alms...particularly on their birthday or afterlife day. Tell them to come be with you and love you.
Re: I Am Really Depressed, My Mom's Death Is Killing Me! by Gabby2022: 9:41pm On May 31, 2022
Nothing will take away the pain,eventually you will find a way to deal with it
Re: I Am Really Depressed, My Mom's Death Is Killing Me! by lanocfoods: 9:42pm On May 31, 2022
dboY1123:

Don't try to fight your grief, give it time let it wash over you, it's okay to feel sad and down, but always remember that there is light at the end of the tunnel and you will be fine with time. I went through the same thing but with my dad, he died holding onto my hands tightly, I was numb for a long time, up until his burial (I can't even remember much from that day), never cried even on the day he was buried. The day the dam burst, I cried so hard I thought I would lose all the tears in my body, that was the day my healing started. Its been 8 years now and I'm better. You will be okay

1 Like

Re: I Am Really Depressed, My Mom's Death Is Killing Me! by Snowx: 9:43pm On May 31, 2022
Sorry for your lost bro...I know how I feel when I lost my father..if I hear any Christian music especially that of agape live band...I will cry heavily anywhere I found myself.

Just brace up...cry and wipe ur tears if needs be..don't hold it..
Re: I Am Really Depressed, My Mom's Death Is Killing Me! by Naustine(m): 9:44pm On May 31, 2022
I perfectly understand this feeling.i lost my dad when I was 19, he died in my arms as well.. after a battle with cancer.it was cruel. After that, I practical stopped loving and got depressed..I started misbehaving and lost my head. But a time came when I sat down and asked myself if this is what my dad would have wanted. And if it's the best way to honour him. I got myself up and moved on. Today I've been able to see two of my younger ones through higher institution. So man , pick ur self up and tell ur self that u would make mama proud..
Re: I Am Really Depressed, My Mom's Death Is Killing Me! by suffering: 9:45pm On May 31, 2022
Time heals all wounds. You go dey alright, last last.
Re: I Am Really Depressed, My Mom's Death Is Killing Me! by Fibonacci88: 9:49pm On May 31, 2022
dboY1123:

Hi. I pray God grants u the strength to bear the loss. I feel ur pain, I felt like u when I lost my dad. Losing love one can be depressing but u can take comfort that u did ur best for her while alive. Hold strong and move on. The love u showed her at her last moments won't go unrewarded. Draw closer to God. Time is the best healer. Also channel the love u would have shown her if she was alive to ur dad. God keep u strong.
Re: I Am Really Depressed, My Mom's Death Is Killing Me! by harmony75: 9:51pm On May 31, 2022
emmydee:
This topic has really touched me. I also lost my mum last year due to diabetes complications. Her leg was amputated. It is a long story but I won’t go into that. Every minute of the day, I mean “every minute “, I think of her departure. It is still unbelievable in my mind how that could happen. I lost my dad in 2017 also due to diabetes complications. We all did not understand how bad diabetes could be and the doctors didn’t make us understand the severity of the disease. I am the first son, she died in my arms. I took her to some of the best hospitals in Portharcourt yet she died. It was actually the day she died that one of the doctors made me understand how bad the situation was and by then she was already in coma. So countless number of times in a day I try to think what we did wrong, what we should have done the other way. I concluded that the amputation was actually a no no. I took her to the hospital today and the amputation was done the next day, no observation or any form of treatment. After just three weeks, she died. I don’t know how to erase the regrets from my mind. The most painful part is that she died just when life was becoming rosy for us her children. All along, she had been managing life while we were hustling. Just when the breakthrough came forth, she left.I pray that God gives me the grace to forget about her death.
Amen it is well with you dearie!
Re: I Am Really Depressed, My Mom's Death Is Killing Me! by Senorita123(f): 9:57pm On May 31, 2022
Pele..
Re: I Am Really Depressed, My Mom's Death Is Killing Me! by PointZerom: 10:04pm On May 31, 2022
dboY1123:

Hold yourself. What's happening to you is normal but after her burial, you'll get over it.
My prayers and thoughts are with you.
Re: I Am Really Depressed, My Mom's Death Is Killing Me! by ManspaceBarber(m): 10:07pm On May 31, 2022
dboY1123:

I can understand how you feel. You are an amazing person. I want you to know that going through this, you are stronger than you envisage.

Please, when you mother's memories come to mind, let it be the good ones, and not that of her last days nor the day she gave up.

The sweet memories will compensate you for that of your loss. It's a phase, it will fade. The day will break.

My thoughts are with you, brother.
Re: I Am Really Depressed, My Mom's Death Is Killing Me! by ShenTeh(m): 10:26pm On May 31, 2022
I quite understand this feeling very well.

June 2016 I lost my mum and I became very depressed. While trying to get over that rude shock, I lost my immediate elder sister October same year. I was completely devastated. Death lost its worth for me, more so life and living.

It is a tough place to be. Time will heal you but if the affection is deep, it would take a very long time.

Ps I still shed a tear or two just 2 nights ago before I slept off.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I Am Really Depressed, My Mom's Death Is Killing Me! by TechBIogger: 10:34pm On May 31, 2022
solasoulmusic:

Yes it can be uncomfortable, hard to wear slippers or even shoes and standing for long periods for those affected. As for me a padlock fell on my foot and created a huge bump that was fluid it’s like bone now my bone has grown through it
a pharmacist once told me this, you're right bro
Re: I Am Really Depressed, My Mom's Death Is Killing Me! by Dosoq(f): 10:38pm On May 31, 2022
Was once in your shoes, I lost my beloved mum 2018 November, I'm yet to heal.

I really took care of her by asking her to get a referral letter from lagos hospital (when they were just turning up and down) to uch ibadan cos I reside in ibadan.

I was 7months gone(pregnant) when she came over,was always going to the hospital with her even in my condition, she did surgery and all,but i lost her exactly a month after I gave birth.

If I tell you that I miss her every passing day,there's no day I don't remember her,as I type this,I'm shedding tears.

One of the things that help me heal are those memories we share,her smiles,her jokes and all.

I'm also the last born and we were the closest in the family which was evident to my siblings.

I'm now an orphan,but God has been faithful.

She's gone to rest, take good care of yourself.
Re: I Am Really Depressed, My Mom's Death Is Killing Me! by warlordd(m): 10:50pm On May 31, 2022
Take heart brother. I've been there so I can imagine what u are going through. When my mum died, a part of me died. It's not always easy, but with time u will surely over. Time is the healer of wounds.
Re: I Am Really Depressed, My Mom's Death Is Killing Me! by royalmu: 10:56pm On May 31, 2022
Op, you just have to be determined to succeed and make your mum happy wherever she is. I know it's not easy. Be a man and move on. Pray to God everyday for help. You will be fine, cheers.
Re: I Am Really Depressed, My Mom's Death Is Killing Me! by Chevronstaff: 11:00pm On May 31, 2022
My condolence bro... Take heart.. May God grant you the fortitude to bear this irreparable loss
Re: I Am Really Depressed, My Mom's Death Is Killing Me! by Flier: 11:02pm On May 31, 2022
I have been there and I know how difficult it’s so I don’t think you need someone to comfort you as you are 29 years old and your mum was probably 60-65 years when she died because your first born is 45years so your case is even better than mine,It will only make you stronger as you won’t fear death again
I lost my Dad when I was 6 and a sis in 2008 since then I don’t fear anything again,the sis was like an angel to all of us,we could sacrifice anything for her but sadly we lost her.
The memory lingers forever but it’s what it’s
Re: I Am Really Depressed, My Mom's Death Is Killing Me! by ehix89(m): 11:03pm On May 31, 2022
dboY1123:

Never underestimate the power of Jesus Christ in mending your brokenheartedness brother.
Re: I Am Really Depressed, My Mom's Death Is Killing Me! by autodevice(m): 11:06pm On May 31, 2022
Be strong
Re: I Am Really Depressed, My Mom's Death Is Killing Me! by Freemasonry: 11:08pm On May 31, 2022
I totally understand how you feel bro. I lost my mom...the love of my life last year and I don't think I can forget her in a dozen lifetimes. She died in my arms too and there's no day that passes that I don't miss her.
I was her last too and we had a beautiful relationship full of love and mutual respect.

I guess all I've been trying to say is that I can relate to what you're going through.
I don't know if this will help but it helped me get over my grief.

I ask myself this question: would my mom have wanted me to be miserable and in perpetual grief?
And the answer was always no every single time.

So sorry for your loss.
Re: I Am Really Depressed, My Mom's Death Is Killing Me! by hamzeiy: 11:13pm On May 31, 2022
Loosing a parent especially a mother in a pain or an injury that does not heal and you learn to leave with the pain.
I fully understand your pain bro. I lost my mum about three years ago. Till date the pain remains fresh.
You just have to learn to live with the pain and know that whatever God has decreed to happen will surely come to pass..your mum was not meant to pass that day irrespective of what you would have done. Stay strong and pray to Allah to heal your heart.
dboY1123:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Lady Dies 2 Months After Her Wedding (Photos) / Serpent & Garden Of Eden Inspired Maternity Shoot Got People Talking / How To Know If A Man Wants Only Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.