Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,161 members, 7,880,640 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 11:20 PM

Can A B.Sc Holder Become A Principal Of A School Without B.Ed In Any Field? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Can A B.Sc Holder Become A Principal Of A School Without B.Ed In Any Field? (14807 Views)

NASRDA Salary For B Sc / Can A B.sc Holder In Banking And Finance Study Journalism In Masters? / What Are The Advantages Of B.tech Over B.sc In Civil Service? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A B.Sc Holder Become A Principal Of A School Without B.Ed In Any Field? by Agugbadin: 2:39pm On May 31, 2022
Go and obtain PGDE that is all you need.
Re: Can A B.Sc Holder Become A Principal Of A School Without B.Ed In Any Field? by flamingREED(m): 2:40pm On May 31, 2022
That school would be working mechanically.

I used to think differently.

But having been in B. Ed training locally and Diploma training with Buckingham University, my eyes have become open to how easy and extremely effective trained educationist can be
Re: Can A B.Sc Holder Become A Principal Of A School Without B.Ed In Any Field? by Lovelive: 2:43pm On May 31, 2022
You just nailed it , nothing to add.

Iseoluwani:
Professionally wrong

You no study CUS 301. CURRICULUM STUDIES
YOU NO STUDY EMT. EDUCATIONAL MANAGEMENT
YOU NO STUDY TEST AND MEASUREMENTS
YOU NO HISTORY OF EDUCATION,

YOU DON'T KNOW FAFUNWA, NPE (2004)

U NO GO NCE....

HABA IT'S VERY WRONG AND DANGEROUS

however anything can happen in Nigeria sha..

2 Likes

Re: Can A B.Sc Holder Become A Principal Of A School Without B.Ed In Any Field? by sanusianangi: 2:45pm On May 31, 2022
jastech:
There's this job position of a principal of a school am asked to take in. As a B.Sc holder in pure field without B.ed what is my chances of securing that position. Please I need you guys advice and opinion

Very very possible to become! But in private school not in public schools my brother. Is better to go for PGDE. it will make u more qualify.
Re: Can A B.Sc Holder Become A Principal Of A School Without B.Ed In Any Field? by barbstee(m): 2:48pm On May 31, 2022
jastech:
There's this job position of a principal of a school am asked to take in. As a B.Sc holder in pure field without B.ed what is my chances of securing that position. Please I need you guys advice and opinion

If it's a private school then it's possible but in government schools you'll need a PGDE before you can be given duty post

1 Like

Re: Can A B.Sc Holder Become A Principal Of A School Without B.Ed In Any Field? by gbagyiza: 2:51pm On May 31, 2022
jastech:

You will be consider for the role with your B.Sc. if you perform well in the interview, but you will be advise to get PGDE in the future. If you really want to go far and blend well with the system, you need to enroll for your PGDE n write TRCN certification.
Re: Can A B.Sc Holder Become A Principal Of A School Without B.Ed In Any Field? by omodelesunky(m): 2:53pm On May 31, 2022
LordIsaac:
Yes...100%. You just get yourself a TRCN certificate, that's all.

Is it possible to get TRCN certificate without having B. Ed or Post graduate in education?
Re: Can A B.Sc Holder Become A Principal Of A School Without B.Ed In Any Field? by thomasjoe(m): 2:55pm On May 31, 2022
jastech:
There's this job position of a principal of a school am asked to take in. As a B.Sc holder in pure field without B.Ed. what is my chances of securing that position. Please I need you guys advice and opinion

Tell them what your unique selling points are and get the job! Meanwhile, try to get your PGDE and also get yourself a TRCN certificate on the side lines! Best of Luck ...
Pls ignore those highlighting that you don't Have B. Ed. Its a trap to slow you down!
Re: Can A B.Sc Holder Become A Principal Of A School Without B.Ed In Any Field? by Ag21sam: 3:03pm On May 31, 2022

You can't take TRCN exam without having, B.Ed, NCE or PGDE result
Re: Can A B.Sc Holder Become A Principal Of A School Without B.Ed In Any Field? by gfelo(m): 3:09pm On May 31, 2022
Anything is possible in Nigeria bro
Re: Can A B.Sc Holder Become A Principal Of A School Without B.Ed In Any Field? by MrCover: 3:09pm On May 31, 2022
Nothing No Go See ooooo
Re: Can A B.Sc Holder Become A Principal Of A School Without B.Ed In Any Field? by FullBlastLight: 3:11pm On May 31, 2022
Very possible!

I was once did for 3yrs in a renown Private Sch in Abj b4 I eventually resigned 2 grab a NGO job offer, where I am at d moment!

Meanwhile, during d time, I hosted many external supervisors in d sch at different times, and neva once did anyone of them raised an eyebrow abt it.

Although Schs are more pedantic than one anoda. Any sch dt's overly pedantic may not let u bcom d Principal however good or dexterous u may be!

Whereas, any sch dt's flexible abt following rules, wil alwys wave or wink at it, and thus go ahead 2 put a competent person there, regardless of weda or not d person has B.ed!
Re: Can A B.Sc Holder Become A Principal Of A School Without B.Ed In Any Field? by oldroad: 3:15pm On May 31, 2022
MaskSubzero:
ok
not possible to get TRCN Without an ED cert

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A B.Sc Holder Become A Principal Of A School Without B.Ed In Any Field? by sinkhole: 3:16pm On May 31, 2022
MaskSubzero:
ok
Better go get your PGDE, because no TRCN without a minimum of PGDE.

As somebody said, it could be possible in Private School, but in Government Schools even if you enter by "leg" you will still be required to get the PGDE! Otherwise, one day that your long leg will be cut short for you embarassed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can A B.Sc Holder Become A Principal Of A School Without B.Ed In Any Field? by Olatara(f): 3:19pm On May 31, 2022
If you get enough money do PGCE not PGDE (both are the same sha but one is better)

My opinion
Re: Can A B.Sc Holder Become A Principal Of A School Without B.Ed In Any Field? by daddy001: 3:26pm On May 31, 2022
LordIsaac:
you don't get a TRCN cert without having B.EDU /PGDE

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A B.Sc Holder Become A Principal Of A School Without B.Ed In Any Field? by kareemkamil(m): 3:29pm On May 31, 2022
Not possible
Re: Can A B.Sc Holder Become A Principal Of A School Without B.Ed In Any Field? by murade: 3:31pm On May 31, 2022
LordIsaac:
without Education qualification like NCE, Bed, you cant sit for TRCN

1 Like

Re: Can A B.Sc Holder Become A Principal Of A School Without B.Ed In Any Field? by bnovative(m): 3:37pm On May 31, 2022
It's unfortunate how people with no knowledge of a question rushed to offer answer.
Op if it's a registered private school, maybe yes.
If it's a government school - NO.
Principal is not just a title, it's a rank equivalent of level 17: the zenith of career in the civil service.
When you join the teaching service with a bsc or Ba or B. ed, hnd etc, your entry level is level 08. It will take a minimum of 21years of service to get to the rank of principal general.
Those with hnd are bared at level 14.
Those bsc in other fields except education can never be made principal, unless the run a pgde programme to add to their certificate.
Re: Can A B.Sc Holder Become A Principal Of A School Without B.Ed In Any Field? by luluman: 3:39pm On May 31, 2022
jastech:
If you don't have any training in education you are not fit for the post.
Re: Can A B.Sc Holder Become A Principal Of A School Without B.Ed In Any Field? by luluman: 3:41pm On May 31, 2022
LordIsaac:
Error. You mislead. The TRCN is a professional body not a trainer. You cannot be a principal without the proper educational training. Its your type that will ask students to copy notes from textbooks
Re: Can A B.Sc Holder Become A Principal Of A School Without B.Ed In Any Field? by luluman: 3:42pm On May 31, 2022
MaskSubzero:
ok
Follow them and be employed only by a quack school
Re: Can A B.Sc Holder Become A Principal Of A School Without B.Ed In Any Field? by GBJakes(m): 3:44pm On May 31, 2022
jastech:

You must have pgd edu, if not you won't be qualified for the position. My advice is for you to go for PGD in edu at least let it be inview.
Re: Can A B.Sc Holder Become A Principal Of A School Without B.Ed In Any Field? by AdeProgrammer(m): 3:57pm On May 31, 2022
asto70:
you are right ,no government school will give him the post of VP talk less of Principal.

Even registered private school we not give him the post of VP talk more of Principal.

I know what I'm saying!

If you own a secondary school you'll understand.
Re: Can A B.Sc Holder Become A Principal Of A School Without B.Ed In Any Field? by YMPada4: 4:10pm On May 31, 2022
In truth you aren't qualified for the job. Per adventure you may wish to own that job position someday, you are encourage to go for at least a certificate in education. This if done, will give you in-depth knowledge that include but not limited to educational; psychology and sociology, classroom management, educational administration and planning, GUIdance and counselling, etc. I wish you all the best!

jastech:
Re: Can A B.Sc Holder Become A Principal Of A School Without B.Ed In Any Field? by OBA117(m): 4:15pm On May 31, 2022
LordIsaac:

Please if you don't have Education make sure you get PGDE. You can only obtain TRCN when you have education or PGDE. That's part of the requirement.
Re: Can A B.Sc Holder Become A Principal Of A School Without B.Ed In Any Field? by Tranquility2345: 4:33pm On May 31, 2022
jastech:

Na this kind English you wan take be principal of school Naija is finished o…

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A B.Sc Holder Become A Principal Of A School Without B.Ed In Any Field? by DOM7: 5:16pm On May 31, 2022
LordIsaac:
How can he get TRCN Without educational background?
Your saving grace in education is to enroll in PGDE or NTI but some private school don't mind but sure is against the ethics
Can you allow a nurse or Lab attendant operate you?
Re: Can A B.Sc Holder Become A Principal Of A School Without B.Ed In Any Field? by Phlakes(f): 5:43pm On May 31, 2022
jastech:
yes but I will advice you go for educational management course
Re: Can A B.Sc Holder Become A Principal Of A School Without B.Ed In Any Field? by grandstar(m): 6:20pm On May 31, 2022
jastech:

My cousin who is a Graduate teacher says you need post graduate diploma in education. This will make you professionally qualified.
Re: Can A B.Sc Holder Become A Principal Of A School Without B.Ed In Any Field? by Anjojo(f): 6:33pm On May 31, 2022
zxcvbnmlkjhgfds:

You know this because you work with or for TRCN ?

Seems you forgot it means Teachers Registration Council of Nigeria and your NCE or B.Ed result or certificate is part of what you'll tender when applying for the certificate?
You'll still sit for TRCN exams o
Please who has the NTI certificate I need help ASAP

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Top 8 Skills You Need To Land Your Dream Job / More Than 5000 Nigeria-trained Medical Doctors Practise In Us’ / My Junior Colleague Was Handed Over To By My Boss In Her Absence. What Do I Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.