Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,612 members, 7,932,836 topics. Date: Tuesday, 27 August 2024 at 01:27 PM

Apple Plans To Introduce Always-on Display Mode Feature In The Iphone 14 Pro. - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Apple Plans To Introduce Always-on Display Mode Feature In The Iphone 14 Pro. (3217 Views)

Facebook Added Dark Mode Feature: This Is Awesome / Apple Plans To Use Its Own 5G Modem In 2022 Iphones / Wireless Charging: A Useless Feature In The Smartphone Industry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apple Plans To Introduce Always-on Display Mode Feature In The Iphone 14 Pro. by truthCoder: 6:37am On May 31, 2022
Badb0y4lyf:

Lol I won’t reduce my self to calling you names that said I have been using Apple even before it dreamed of introducing sim and telephone function to iPod so don’t tell me about Apple eco system. How is the technology unproven they are simply not innovative. You just shot your self saying they has been screen touch laptop since mongo park days since they have the technology and it has been proven since mongo pack days why haven’t they adopted it. If you approved all the tech I said Samsung had done earlier and iPhone adopted it 2 years later or so on then what precious Eco system are you glorifying I will say it only a market gimmick to produce cheap and sell exorbitantly.

Comprehension is a subject taught from primary school days and it is to prevent arguments like this.

Touchscreen laptop displays offer no extra advantage to the apple eco system, reason why its not being adopted, despite being an old tech.

The sacrifices in terms of display thickness, extra bezels, lower nits, power consumption, wrong inputs etc far outweigh any benefits.

Yet many tech companies keep adopting it and their mediocre laptops never outsells the MacBook that is without it.

Same analysis with any other ‘new tech’
Re: Apple Plans To Introduce Always-on Display Mode Feature In The Iphone 14 Pro. by Nobody: 6:51am On May 31, 2022
tobidipity:

What methods do you use to withdraw from your amazon acc?
if i say my own just know say na spammed one .some times i cart with it or i buy amazon giftcard that will deliver to my email and will redeem it

1 Like

Re: Apple Plans To Introduce Always-on Display Mode Feature In The Iphone 14 Pro. by Nobody: 7:04am On May 31, 2022
truthCoder:

Android powerbank spotted
iphone power bank is out since wireless charging (attact the power bank to the apple icon and it will start charging
Re: Apple Plans To Introduce Always-on Display Mode Feature In The Iphone 14 Pro. by paduzman: 7:42am On May 31, 2022
truthCoder:

Android powerbank spotted
lol, talking of power bank have you tried the Oraimo 27,000 mAh power bank yet? So much power on a sleek devices is one hell of a thing.

Re: Apple Plans To Introduce Always-on Display Mode Feature In The Iphone 14 Pro. by Olam09(m): 7:54am On May 31, 2022
ogatechy:
Apple may be working on an Always-on display feature for the upcoming iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max lock screens.
Samsung will sue their ass.
Re: Apple Plans To Introduce Always-on Display Mode Feature In The Iphone 14 Pro. by Hilariousthiago(m): 8:19am On May 31, 2022
What's wrong with Samsung fanboys? They're always rushing every new thread on iPhone, meanwhile, you won't see iPhone fanboys on Samsung's threads like that. Inferiority complex innit?

1 Like

Re: Apple Plans To Introduce Always-on Display Mode Feature In The Iphone 14 Pro. by Nobody: 9:32am On May 31, 2022
Wetin all of una dey here dey argue sef?
Comparing iphone and high end androids is like a comparison between davido, wizkid and burna boy on who is the best no be today the dragging go end everybody go talk say na their fav wey better pass, so make all of una getat abeg, iphone this, samsung that yen yen yen yen, instead of channeling the energy you use for baseless arguments into starting up your own phone manufacturing company una dey here dey argue nonsense, while the guys wey una dey argue for dey use una mumu dey cash out steady... .... abeggiiiiii

Walks out
Re: Apple Plans To Introduce Always-on Display Mode Feature In The Iphone 14 Pro. by FERNANDEZISBACK: 9:54am On May 31, 2022
paduzman:
lol, talking of power bank have you tried the Oraimo 27,000 mAh power bank yet? So much power on a sleek devices is one hell of a thing.
How much does this cost?
Re: Apple Plans To Introduce Always-on Display Mode Feature In The Iphone 14 Pro. by shezy14(m): 10:08am On May 31, 2022
truthCoder:

Do you even know the meaning of always on?

Do you think it’s about just keeping a screensaver on?

Dey use google sometimes before you expose your ‘bushility’ online o
pls enlighten us Mr always on
Re: Apple Plans To Introduce Always-on Display Mode Feature In The Iphone 14 Pro. by shezy14(m): 10:10am On May 31, 2022
truthCoder:
Thats how android fanboys would be saying they have face unlock.

Face unlock on android is different from face unlock on Iphone. And no, its not the same technology.

Iphone has always on display on the Apple watch starting from series 5.

This uses an LTPO technology that drops the refresh rate to 1hz from 120hz.

This not just about putting a clock on your screensaver. This is not about AMOLED. It’s about refresh rate.

Ceteris paribus, if your phone screensaver is on at 120hz or 60hz and the iphone screensaver is on at 1hz, it means a drop in idle power consumption by a factor of 120 or 60.

This is an interesting addition to iphone 14 and saves the battery further.
you're obviously talking gibberish, what has that got to do with always on?

6 Likes

Re: Apple Plans To Introduce Always-on Display Mode Feature In The Iphone 14 Pro. by shezy14(m): 10:12am On May 31, 2022
truthCoder:

Congratulations.

If truly you are not a biased prick, you would know that early adoption does not imply best in class service.

The apple strategy is not to rush to market with unproven tech but to ensure it fits into the apple ecosystem.

If the feature would not add any conceivable benefit to the whole ecosystem, why add it now?

There have been many touch screen laptops from the days of Mungo Park yet Apple has not adopted it. Does that mean they dont have the technology to manufacture touch screen laptops?

If truly you use apple devices and actually know more than sending WhatsApp messages to your serekodes, you would never rubbish the apple ecosystem.
ok, tell us what apple does more than Samsung or Google?
Re: Apple Plans To Introduce Always-on Display Mode Feature In The Iphone 14 Pro. by phr0nesis(m): 10:44am On May 31, 2022
NinjaXmetahuman:
did he lie though?
I'm not a fan of Iphone but the iphone 13 pro max has the longest lasting battery right now. At just 4300Mah, it still outlast 6000Mah android phones
Re: Apple Plans To Introduce Always-on Display Mode Feature In The Iphone 14 Pro. by NinjaXmetahuman: 10:57am On May 31, 2022
phr0nesis:

I'm not a fan of Iphone but the iphone 13 pro max has the longest lasting battery right now. At just 4300Mah, it still outlast 6000Mah android phones
wrong...

Iphone will never beat any android of equal strength with 6000 mAh.

No even gonna be close.

Emphasis on equal strength.. meaning flagship android phone.

Present your proof and not hearsays from iphone fanboys.

3 Likes

Re: Apple Plans To Introduce Always-on Display Mode Feature In The Iphone 14 Pro. by phr0nesis(m): 11:30am On May 31, 2022
NinjaXmetahuman:
wrong...

Iphone will never beat any android of equal strength with 6000 mAh.

No even gonna be close.

Emphasis on equal strength.. meaning flagship android phone.

Present your proof and not hearsays from iphone fanboys.
Go to YouTube and type battery test. Pick and watch any video that compares all the flagship phones. The Iphone 13 pro max is always the last to rundown

1 Like

Re: Apple Plans To Introduce Always-on Display Mode Feature In The Iphone 14 Pro. by Badb0y4lyf(m): 11:44am On May 31, 2022
truthCoder:

You seem not to know that the samsung making displays is a different branch from the ones making phones.

And who has foldable screen helped?

No one is disputing display market with samsung. The point is, iphone has its own eco system and design strategy and bandwagon adoption is not one of them.

We are talking about

Look I argue with points.
When I saw your summation. I’m just not motivated any more we argue to learn and you have said noting than eco system eco system android eco system is endless and can bond with just anything you can think of because of it open source nature.
You saw that the screen you touting about was made my Samsung yet you still dey argue the company is different yes but they share same parent company obviously part and tech would be shared between one another. You differentiating Samsung phone from Samsung screen company is like you saying Samsung tv and Samsung screen is different. So your argument here does not hold water.
Do you know the meaning of bandwagon cos if you do you won’t say this. Typical example is the guy up that kept 2k USD for an outdated technology just for the cool cool effect and big boy status.

Lastly explain to me this “ iphone has its own eco system and design strategy”
So I may better understand your perspective and point of argument.

3 Likes

Re: Apple Plans To Introduce Always-on Display Mode Feature In The Iphone 14 Pro. by NinjaXmetahuman: 12:05pm On May 31, 2022
phr0nesis:

Go to YouTube and type battery test. Pick and watch any video that compares all the flagship phones. The Iphone 13 pro max is always the last to rundown
go to YouTube..

Post any battery test that shows iphone 13 beating 6000 mAh flagship android phone here or shut the fucck and stop parroting nonsense lies from apple fanboiz.

1 Like

Re: Apple Plans To Introduce Always-on Display Mode Feature In The Iphone 14 Pro. by care4you: 1:41pm On May 31, 2022
Hilariousthiago:
What's wrong with Samsung fanboys? They're always rushing every new thread on iPhone, meanwhile, you won't see iPhone fanboys on Samsung's threads like that. Inferiority complex innit?

Itel user spotted!

Re: Apple Plans To Introduce Always-on Display Mode Feature In The Iphone 14 Pro. by care4you: 1:46pm On May 31, 2022
Samsung also produces the chips iphone uses..

Yeye company

Re: Apple Plans To Introduce Always-on Display Mode Feature In The Iphone 14 Pro. by ArewaTech1(m): 1:51pm On May 31, 2022
truthCoder:

Do you even know the meaning of always on?

Do you think it’s about just keeping a screensaver on?

Dey use google sometimes before you expose your ‘bushility’ online o

Oga, Android users(phones with amoled) have always on display several years ago.

Looks like you're the one getting exposed
Re: Apple Plans To Introduce Always-on Display Mode Feature In The Iphone 14 Pro. by ArewaTech1(m): 1:52pm On May 31, 2022
truthCoder:

Does your samsung drop refresh rate to 1hz? Does it have LTPO?

Mr. Man even 1+(OnePlus) phones have LTPO talk less of a high-end Samsung phone.

Seems you don't know anything in the Android world
Re: Apple Plans To Introduce Always-on Display Mode Feature In The Iphone 14 Pro. by ArewaTech1(m): 1:55pm On May 31, 2022
truthCoder:
Thats how android fanboys would be saying they have face unlock.

Face unlock on android is different from face unlock on Iphone. And no, its not the same technology.

Iphone has always on display on the Apple watch starting from series 5.

This uses an LTPO technology that drops the refresh rate to 1hz from 120hz.

This not just about putting a clock on your screensaver. This is not about AMOLED. It’s about refresh rate.

Ceteris paribus, if your phone screensaver is on at 120hz or 60hz and the iphone screensaver is on at 1hz, it means a drop in idle power consumption by a factor of 120 or 60.

This is an interesting addition to iphone 14 and saves the battery further.
There are different types of faceunlock methods...
3d scan(like the ones on iPhone), infrared scan(like the one on some Android phones i.e Poco F1), and 2d scan(which is on majority of Android phones).

and for your information, (some) Android phones has variable refresh rates(& LTPOddisplay you keep talking about) since several years ago.
Re: Apple Plans To Introduce Always-on Display Mode Feature In The Iphone 14 Pro. by horlahwaley(m): 2:12pm On May 31, 2022
Apple indeed always play catch up, seriously they are not innovative. Even midrange galaxy have always on

Re: Apple Plans To Introduce Always-on Display Mode Feature In The Iphone 14 Pro. by phr0nesis(m): 3:32pm On May 31, 2022
NinjaXmetahuman:
go to YouTube..

Post any battery test that shows iphone 13 beating 6000 mAh flagship android phone here or shut the fucck and stop parroting nonsense lies from apple fanboiz.
I don't know how to drop videos or links (without getting banned) here. I was even an argument that made me check it. I lost that argument
Re: Apple Plans To Introduce Always-on Display Mode Feature In The Iphone 14 Pro. by NinjaXmetahuman: 3:34pm On May 31, 2022
phr0nesis:

I don't know how to drop videos or links (without getting banned) here
dropping YouTube link will never get you banned.
Re: Apple Plans To Introduce Always-on Display Mode Feature In The Iphone 14 Pro. by phr0nesis(m): 3:37pm On May 31, 2022
Re: Apple Plans To Introduce Always-on Display Mode Feature In The Iphone 14 Pro. by NinjaXmetahuman: 4:54pm On May 31, 2022
phr0nesis:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Yok_WszgNmA
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=C_Q70isC8ys
so Samsung s22 has 6000 mAh battery abi?
Also did you watch the video you posted?
Re: Apple Plans To Introduce Always-on Display Mode Feature In The Iphone 14 Pro. by AkpaMgbor(m): 7:51am On Jun 04, 2022
NinjaXmetahuman:
so Samsung s22 has 6000 mAh battery abi?
Also did you watch the video you posted?

The 12 pro max has been dusting high end android phones with higher battery capacity on many battery tests from well known YouTubers. That’s a fact. Even in real life people attest to it.
Re: Apple Plans To Introduce Always-on Display Mode Feature In The Iphone 14 Pro. by NinjaXmetahuman: 2:56pm On Jun 04, 2022
AkpaMgbor:

The 12 pro max has been dusting high end android phones with higher battery capacity on many battery tests from well known YouTubers. That’s a fact. Even in real life people attest to it.
most high end android phone comes with either 4500 to 5000 mAh.. so there isn't big difference in battery capacity with iphone.

Almost same as iphone.. and they most times more feature packed than iphone which means more battery consumptions..
Bigger screen, 120hz to 165hz 1 billion colors etc.

Also, apple biased testers.

1 Like

Re: Apple Plans To Introduce Always-on Display Mode Feature In The Iphone 14 Pro. by AkpaMgbor(m): 3:08pm On Jun 04, 2022
NinjaXmetahuman:
most high end android phone comes with either 4500 to 5000 mAh.. so there isn't big difference in battery capacity with iphone.

Almost same as iphone.. and they most times more feature packed than iphone which means more battery consumptions..
Bigger screen, 120hz to 165hz 1 billion colors etc.

Also, apple biased testers.
As if you can even compare the power that an apple bionics chip churns out when compared to Samsung and the rest. Their chips are just much more efficient. iPhone 13 pro also has 120hz refresh rate now. Lol at apple biased testers. Whether you admit it or not. Apple battery performance is the top dog.
Re: Apple Plans To Introduce Always-on Display Mode Feature In The Iphone 14 Pro. by offset67(m): 4:54pm On Jun 04, 2022
emakind:
That will still stand the test of time more than your 10000mah android battery..
bro am using 12pro

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Set Up An Mtn Browser Configuration On Nokia 3120 / Make Your Phone A Super Fast Mobile Browser / HELP: Stucked At "Setting Up BBM" On Samsung S4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.