Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,190 members, 7,884,153 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 03:18 AM

Two Ekiti Men To Die By Hanging For Robbing 53-year-old Lecturer - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Two Ekiti Men To Die By Hanging For Robbing 53-year-old Lecturer (651 Views)

53-Year-Old Woman Stripped Unclad As Baby Allegedly Disappears In Lagos / Armed Robber Burnt For Robbing, Killing A Lady In Lagos (Graphic Photos) / Five Christians To Die By Hanging For Killing Fulani Herdsman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two Ekiti Men To Die By Hanging For Robbing 53-year-old Lecturer by Warlord12(m): 4:53am On May 31, 2022
An Ekiti State High Court, sitting in Ado Ekiti, has sentenced 36-year-old Fakorede Olawale and 39-year-old Tunji Olaitan to death for armed robbery.

The two men were tried on three counts bordering on attempted murder, attempted rape and armed robbery.

The charge read, “The defendants on November 24, 2015, at the Adehun area, beside Petim Sawmill, Iworoko Road, Ado Ekiti, within the jurisdiction of the court, did attempt to murder, attempt to rape and rob one Titilope Ayeni on the same day.

“The offences are contrary to sections 320 and 559 of the Criminal Code Law, Cap. C16 Laws of Ekiti State, 2012, also Section 1(2) (a) of the Robbery and Firearms (Special Provisions) Act, Cap. R11, Laws of the Federation of Nigeria, 2004.”

In her statement to the police, the victim, a 53-year-old lecturer, said, “I was about to sleep around 8pm when my generator suddenly stopped working. I went to check what happened to it; in the process, the defendants emerged from my compound.

“Before I said a word, they started cutting me with machetes. I shouted, as I defended my head and face. They dragged me inside my room and attempted to rape me, but they got distracted when my phone rang.

“Thereafter, they tried unsuccessfully to dump me inside my well. Following my shout, my neighbours called the police who came on time in a patrol van. One of the robbers, Fakorede Olawale, escaped with my N15,000 cash, my gold valued at $350, my phone, ATM cards and other valuables I cannot remember. He was later arrested.

“I was taken to a hospital by the police for treatment due to the deep machete cuts sustained in both arms.

“Olawale had once broken into my house and was arrested. That time, he was charged to court, but later released on bail. He had threatened to kill me until he came back with his gangs.”

The police prosecutor, Gbemiga Adaramola, called four witnesses and tendered the victim’s photographs, statements, and bond to release recovered items to the owner, among others, as exhibits.

The defendants spoke in their own defence through their counsel and did not call any witness.

They urged the court to temper justice with mercy.

Justice Adeniyi Familoni said the prosecution proved the offences of attempted murder, attempted rape and armed robbery against the first defendant and attempted murder and armed robbery against the second defendant.

The judge said, “On count one, attempted murder, the two defendants are sentenced to life imprisonment. On count two, attempted rape, the first defendant is sentenced to 14 years’ imprisonment without a fine option, while the second defendant is discharged and acquitted.

“On count three, armed robbery, the two defendants are sentenced to death. May the Lord have mercy on your souls.”

https://punchng.com/two-ekiti-men-to-die-by-hanging-for-robbing-53-year-old-lecturer/

Re: Two Ekiti Men To Die By Hanging For Robbing 53-year-old Lecturer by Warlord12(m): 4:55am On May 31, 2022
Nice one judge
Re: Two Ekiti Men To Die By Hanging For Robbing 53-year-old Lecturer by God1000(m): 4:56am On May 31, 2022
Capital punishment should also be given to our corrupt politicians stealing billions, not just common man alone.

Nigerians defending corrupt politicians because of tribe and religion are the worst set of people on earth

1 Like

Re: Two Ekiti Men To Die By Hanging For Robbing 53-year-old Lecturer by Johnny147147: 5:10am On May 31, 2022
The last risk I'll take with my life is armed robbery...

1 Like

Re: Two Ekiti Men To Die By Hanging For Robbing 53-year-old Lecturer by oluseyiforjesus(m): 5:30am On May 31, 2022
Hmm
Re: Two Ekiti Men To Die By Hanging For Robbing 53-year-old Lecturer by MadamVanessa(f): 5:45am On May 31, 2022
shocked

News like this gives me orgasm.
Re: Two Ekiti Men To Die By Hanging For Robbing 53-year-old Lecturer by cherishmichael: 5:55am On May 31, 2022
If big men steal's nothing will happen small theft a poor man will do will be over exaggerated, imagine"killing by hanging".
Re: Two Ekiti Men To Die By Hanging For Robbing 53-year-old Lecturer by ObosiUkwalla: 6:07am On May 31, 2022
The punishment is too much for the crime joor. Someone should wake me up when Tinubu the druggie is sentenced to death by hanging for all the theft and looting
Re: Two Ekiti Men To Die By Hanging For Robbing 53-year-old Lecturer by realstars: 6:10am On May 31, 2022
They have rich the end of their life.
Re: Two Ekiti Men To Die By Hanging For Robbing 53-year-old Lecturer by BlessedJonMoss: 6:18am On May 31, 2022
Pls someone remind me,
What is the punishment for those who steal billions from the national coffers?
Re: Two Ekiti Men To Die By Hanging For Robbing 53-year-old Lecturer by Warlord12(m): 6:22am On May 31, 2022
God1000:
Capital punishment should also be given to our corrupt politicians stealing billions, not just common man alone.

Nigerians defending corrupt politicians because of tribe and religion are the worst set of people on earth

Make poor man too no thief
Re: Two Ekiti Men To Die By Hanging For Robbing 53-year-old Lecturer by realstars: 6:33am On May 31, 2022
cherishmichael:
If big men steal's nothing will happen small theft a poor man will do will be over exaggerated, imagine"killing by hanging".
Just imagine as they were playing with the womans life with machetes and as she was dragged to the well alive.
Re: Two Ekiti Men To Die By Hanging For Robbing 53-year-old Lecturer by Nobody: 6:54am On May 31, 2022
Wow
Re: Two Ekiti Men To Die By Hanging For Robbing 53-year-old Lecturer by fidelmarshal199: 8:38am On May 31, 2022
ObosiUkwalla:
The punishment is too much for the crime joor. Someone should wake me up when Tinubu the druggie is sentenced to death by hanging for all the theft and looting

It's clear you didnt read the post, they were at the verge of throwing her into the well. that's attempted murder coupled with armed robbery.
Nice one from the Judge. they deserved to die

1 Like

Re: Two Ekiti Men To Die By Hanging For Robbing 53-year-old Lecturer by ghboy83: 1:57pm On May 31, 2022
Mr judge, I pray you live long

(1) (Reply)

Old Muslim Kidnapped 15yr Old Christian Girl, Forced Her To Marry Him / I Killed My Friend, Sold Head, Heart For N200,000, Man Reveals / Yahoo Boy Uses Father For December Money Ritual So Sad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.