Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,923 members, 7,895,991 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 July 2024 at 11:17 PM

Nigeria Runs The Risk Of Collapse —fayemi - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Runs The Risk Of Collapse —fayemi (4581 Views)

Fayemi, Sumaila And Some Other Entourage Of Buhari Take A Street Pix In US / Buhari Introduces His Grandchildren To Fayemi, Amaechi (Photo) / Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Runs The Risk Of Collapse —fayemi by tpia5: 12:48am On Jul 19, 2011
And even soyinka said he had to tell some lady his butt was the blackest part of him and his palms the lightest, when she asked him on phone, how dark he was in order for her to decide if he could rent from her or not.

This was in the fifties or sixties and i think soyinka's oldest son, also from that era, is biracial so probably he has a british mother.
Re: Nigeria Runs The Risk Of Collapse —fayemi by Eziachi: 1:31am On Jul 19, 2011
tpia@:

Eziachi what race is your adopted daughter.
Frankly, i dont find the rest of your story too unusual or engrossing, no offence.

Scots and irish have been in africa and been mingling with blacks long before now. For centuries as a matter of fact.

The whole carribean speaks with an irish brogue or scottish lilt.
On the bolded, the answer is Ethiopian.
I wasn't trying to engross you by any means. I think there is a big different between a Scottish explorer/adventurer/missionary's view of the world and the one whose biggest travel is to go to Edingburgh. Some young people take certain things for granded today, especially in race relationship. There is many parts of Britain today that is still 100 percent white, their closest interraction with a black man is the TV. You don't have to take my word for it.
Re: Nigeria Runs The Risk Of Collapse —fayemi by tpia5: 1:46am On Jul 19, 2011
Of course many whites withdraw themselves to white only enclaves and besides, most blacks were immigrants at some point along the line. So unless the whole white areas get overrun by darker immigrants, chances are quite a lot of whites will have no or very limited interaction with blacks.

However, remember mary slessor was in africa over two centuries ago and calabar itself is featured on scottish currency and engraved in their memory.

Many british explorers were in fact scottish and likewise the scottish and african tribal systems are very similar.
Re: Nigeria Runs The Risk Of Collapse —fayemi by tpia5: 1:48am On Jul 19, 2011
Liverpool was also a meeting point for sailors from the calabar area who were on the slave or trade ships.
Re: Nigeria Runs The Risk Of Collapse —fayemi by Eziachi: 1:59am On Jul 19, 2011
^^^^^^^^
What exactly are we both talking about? I am getting confuse really. Knowing about something exist is not the same of having a seen, hold or had a dealing with it. I did not said that the Scottish people in the 70s knew nothing about black people, but many have never seen or met one in fresh, that is what I said.
Re: Nigeria Runs The Risk Of Collapse —fayemi by Desola(f): 2:05am On Jul 19, 2011
Story, story, story,

Can we get back to Fayemi please?

Gullible lot! They swallow bullshit hook, line and sinker angry

Awon omo oju orola ri.

Sheesh! angry
Re: Nigeria Runs The Risk Of Collapse —fayemi by tpia5: 2:07am On Jul 19, 2011
^In a minute!!!!
Re: Nigeria Runs The Risk Of Collapse —fayemi by aljharem3: 2:08am On Jul 19, 2011
Desola:

Story, story, story,

Can we get back to Fayemi please?

Gullible lot! They swallow bullshit hook, line and sinker angry

Awon omo oju orola ri.

Sheesh! angry

shattap dia,  are u mates here angry

see how u just dey open mouth like say watin

anyway, what about what we spoke about the other day desola wink
Re: Nigeria Runs The Risk Of Collapse —fayemi by tpia5: 2:08am On Jul 19, 2011
And who are you abusing sef.
Re: Nigeria Runs The Risk Of Collapse —fayemi by aljharem3: 2:09am On Jul 19, 2011
tpia@:

can u imagine such insult from a small girl
Re: Nigeria Runs The Risk Of Collapse —fayemi by Desola(f): 2:10am On Jul 19, 2011
alj_harem:

shattap dia,  are u mates here angry

see how u just dey open mouth like say watin

anyway, what about what we spoke about the other day desola wink

S'ogbadun sa?

Were adugbo.
Re: Nigeria Runs The Risk Of Collapse —fayemi by Desola(f): 2:11am On Jul 19, 2011
tpia@:

If you feel like it's you, then it probably is.
Re: Nigeria Runs The Risk Of Collapse —fayemi by Desola(f): 2:12am On Jul 19, 2011
alj_harem:

can u imagine such insult from a small girl

Awon ponrinpon gba e ni small girl.
Re: Nigeria Runs The Risk Of Collapse —fayemi by tpia5: 2:12am On Jul 19, 2011
@ eziachi

i'm not invalidating your experiences in any way, but just pointing out there has been interaction between black africans and scottish/british long before now and the fact that many of them have never physically met a black person, doesnt invalidate that either.

As a matter of fact, west african blacks were quite common in britain two or three hundred years ago before they all vanished to lord knows where. Probably went back to africa or moved elsewhere.
Re: Nigeria Runs The Risk Of Collapse —fayemi by Eziachi: 2:28am On Jul 19, 2011
^^^^^^^^^^
Ok! I think actually we are on the same page but on different paragraphs grin
Enough of this now. Lets get back to Fayemi's & co's good ideas.
Physically tired now. Bed time. Have a nice evening all.
Re: Nigeria Runs The Risk Of Collapse —fayemi by Nobody: 3:52am On Jul 19, 2011
Eziachi:

I am with you there about giving your daughter to a Nigerian, I gave mine to some matador from Spain instead  grin grin,
But I can tell you that I had to work so hard, charm them, but never kiss their back side though grin.
Being a child soldier in Biafra helped a lot, especially with my father in-law, who introduced me everywhere we go together until his dead as a former Biafra soldier grin They may be Scottish aristocratic family, I am of the same from the great Igbo tribe too  grin grin grin grin

Eventually I won them over, but it took my mother law far longer to fully accept me, not until we had our son/adopted our daughter. Suddenly she calls me, son! grin
It was a hard battle I can tell you.
But in the end I love them to bits and they do genuinely loved me as a son, they never had.
In those days only a handful of people in Scotland had seen a black man and every Christmas was like a death sentence for me as we had to be in Scotland.
Your generation had much easy life today in many aspect.

Tottenham Hotspur/Celtic is like religion in my wife's family. You can imagine my pride, the day my fellow Igbo guy signed for Spurs as the first Sub Saharan African to play in the English top league in 1984.
His name is John Chiedozie. Do you know him?

Interesting, celtic, irish, german and ethiopian. Why did you adopt her?

I take this as a challenge from Nigerian men. All these foreign women. Thank God I've shed my "nothing but nigerian men" mentality. I hope more Nigerian women abroad come to their senses as well cheesy
Re: Nigeria Runs The Risk Of Collapse —fayemi by tpia5: 4:14am On Jul 19, 2011
is eziachi half-german?

or who is german?
Re: Nigeria Runs The Risk Of Collapse —fayemi by ektbear: 4:16am On Jul 19, 2011
@Ileke-Idi is such a hater  grin

Can you imagine dropping naija man for ghanaian man? grin grin
Re: Nigeria Runs The Risk Of Collapse —fayemi by Nobody: 4:29am On Jul 19, 2011
ekt_bear:

@Ileke-Idi is such a hater  grin

Can you imagine dropping naija man for ghanaian man? grin grin

Honestly, any non-nigerian male is better. Not hating, just preference.
On facial and physical attributes, Ghanaian men takes the cake.

tpia@:

is eziachi half-german?

or who is german?

I meant scottish, not german.
Re: Nigeria Runs The Risk Of Collapse —fayemi by ektbear: 4:31am On Jul 19, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Hehe grin

Different strokes, I guess.
Re: Nigeria Runs The Risk Of Collapse —fayemi by Nobody: 4:31am On Jul 19, 2011
^^^ BTW, can you tll your Nigerian fellas to do sth about their dry skin. It's embarrassing.
Re: Nigeria Runs The Risk Of Collapse —fayemi by Ystranger: 4:58am On Jul 19, 2011
Nigerian men hate fat women anyway

Why date a dirty fat pof pof classless girl, when there are countless White women around.

Good riddance. Fat Yoruba women? For where.

Where are my hermon rajus and and Beejoli Shahs, smart people too.
Re: Nigeria Runs The Risk Of Collapse —fayemi by ektbear: 5:53am On Jul 19, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

^^^ BTW, can you tll your Nigerian fellas to do sth about their dry skin. It's embarrassing.

lol

so much hate.

As if your Ghanaians aren't as fearful of skin lotion? Tell the truth and shame the devil
Re: Nigeria Runs The Risk Of Collapse —fayemi by bioscom(m): 8:50am On Jul 19, 2011
The idea of regionalism, I believe will go in long way to help infrastructural development in Nigeria.

1. Education: The old western region was noted for its educational development, free education. And many citizens of other regions came to benefit in the west.
2. Agriculture: then there was less emphasis on oil, the cocoa export brought good returns to the west and many infrastructural development were witnessed eg. the cocoa house in Ibadan.
Also, during the civil war, when there was no money for the regime to purchase russian MIGS, "war jets" the groundnut pyramids of the northern Nigeria was lifted in exchange for MIGS
3. Infrastructual development competition: I believe that, if the old western region values are readopted and reengineered, the resultant development will gear up other regions as an emulation toward development.

What Gov. Donal Duke did in Cross Rivers State is what is happening in Rivers state. What Gov. Babatunde Fashola is doing in Lagos state is already a master piece for all other states and the citizens of these states are expecting their leaders to do the same.

What is happening in Imo state now shows that there is enough money in the state to aid development at all levels.

If the Western Region Governors are able to come together and deliver Great Western Rail system, the effect will flow to the South South region. The next thing will be how to link the Western-Southern Great Rail System. The two region will begin to find economic integration where possible. And in effect the other regions will also see reason to link up to the Great Western-Southern Rail System.

We can't leave everything in the hand of the central government. They have limited time to actualise anything, that is why they are seeking for third term. But if the power in the centre is distributed to the states and possibly regions, and the money is released then development will go at rapid speed in the regions and at the end the federal government or the regions can then be talking of Integration of the working systems, and duplication of the working systems in one region to the other and we will have a working Nigeria not a failed Nigeria.

I believe Nigeria will work. But with the present arrangement, we will have issues, because of ethinic rivalry.

I believe in Nigeria, she will never collapse.
Re: Nigeria Runs The Risk Of Collapse —fayemi by namfav(m): 2:00pm On Jul 19, 2011
the media is the biggest tool of propaganda especially with its portrayal of other nigerians sometimes it treats others (esp. northerners) like foreigners, seldom they portray northerners in positivity, that is why i believe the media in general has the biggest power in changing peoples views because every nigerian goes to thee websites, websites like nl also promote the hatred (even though not intentionally), the media tries hard to tell us that everything is not going well
Re: Nigeria Runs The Risk Of Collapse —fayemi by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jul 19, 2011
namfav:

the media is the biggest tool of propaganda especially with its portrayal of other nigerians sometimes it treats others (esp. northerners) like foreigners, seldom they portray northerners in positivity, that is why i believe the media in general has the biggest power in changing peoples views because every nigerian goes to thee websites, websites like nl also promote the hatred (even though not intentionally), the media tries hard to tell us that everything is not going well

Were you just viewing another thread that had nothing to do with this one?

ekt_bear:

lol

so much hate.

As if your Ghanaians aren't as fearful of skin lotion? Tell the truth and shame the devil

Not hating o.
Re: Nigeria Runs The Risk Of Collapse —fayemi by namfav(m): 2:11pm On Jul 19, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Were you just viewing another thread that had nothing to do with this one?

grin
Re: Nigeria Runs The Risk Of Collapse —fayemi by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jul 19, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

I meant scottish, not german.
Iro lopa!

I have been to Ghana and have many Ghanian friends so, I tell you, Nigerian guys are more handsome than them on the majority. Ekiti guys self no dey carry last on this cool
Re: Nigeria Runs The Risk Of Collapse —fayemi by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jul 19, 2011
koastar:

Iro lopa!

I have been to Ghana and have many Ghanian friends so, I tell you, Nigerian guys are more handsome than them on the majority. Ekiti guys self no dey carry last on this cool

I agree with the bolded wink Anything else is bull crap.
Re: Nigeria Runs The Risk Of Collapse —fayemi by Eziachi: 4:41pm On Jul 19, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Interesting, celtic, irish, german and[b] ethiopian. Why did you adopt her?[/b]I take this as a challenge from Nigerian men. All these foreign women. Thank God I've shed my "nothing but nigerian men" mentality. I hope more Nigerian women abroad come to their senses as well  cheesy
Not really my idea from the start as an African, you know western type of adoption is not our way, if know what I mean. It was my mother inlaw, who used to work as an unpaid executive with the CARITAS. She was visiting some orphanage in Ethiopia with some staff of CARITAS when she was introduced to my daughter, who was only born a couple of weeks earlier and abandoned on the street.
When she came back she couldn't stop talking about the little girl, until my wife started to think of adopting the girls but to leave her at the orphanage but just that we will take care of her material need monthly.
At first I was scared, as I haven't even had a child of my own at the time, but I was later convinced, I then decided that we should bring the girl to Britain and raise her by ourselves if we are to adopt her rather than giving money for her to be taken care of.
How are we sure that the money will be judiciously used on her? I was now thinking as an Igbo man now- we tend to count our pennies grin grin grin.

That it how it started and it took about six months for everything, especially the paper work to go through.
But I love her like my own and a year and half later my only biological child (my son) was born. We gave her an Ethiopian,Igbo and Christian names. She is now a beautiful matured happily married woman with 3 kids with a superb job with Al Jazeera in Kuala Lumpur.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Runs The Risk Of Collapse —fayemi by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jul 19, 2011
Eziachi:

Not really my idea from the start as an African, you know western type of adoption is not our way, if know what I mean. It was my mother inlaw, who used to work as an unpaid executive with the CARITAS. She was visiting some orphanage in Ethiopia with some staff of CARITAS when she was introduced to my daughter, who was only born a couple of weeks earlier and abandoned on the street.
When she came back she couldn't stop talking about the little girl, until my wife started to think of adopting the girls but to leave her at the orphanage but just that we will take care of her material need monthly.
At first I was scared, as I haven't even had a child of my own at the time, but I was later convinced, I then decided that we should bring the girl to Britain and raise her by ourselves if we are to adopt her rather than giving money for her to be taken care of.
How are we sure that the money will be judiciously used on her? I was now thinking as an Igbo man now- we tend to count our pennies grin grin grin.

That it how it started and it took about six months for everything, especially the paper work to go through.
But I love her like my own and a year and half later my only biological child (my son) was born. We gave her an Ethiopian,Igbo and Christian names. She is now a beautiful matured happily married woman with 3 kids with a superb job with Al Jazeera in Kuala Lumpur.

For Africans, adoption is a bold move. I cosign it tho. I'm planning on doing the same thing with a Hausa or Fulani orphan.

People realize that in this world, we have so many homeless children, yet everyone wants their own 6-7 children biological. Not morally reasonable, imo.
Re: Nigeria Runs The Risk Of Collapse —fayemi by tpia5: 10:41pm On Jul 19, 2011
if i were to adopt, it would probaby be yoruba, tuareg or someone from a coastal region, perhaps.

still thinking about it.

i've been pressuring my mum to adopt someone but she's very reluctant because of her health and past experiences which werent too good. sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria Is Safe To Visitors - GEJ / Buhari Certificate FRAUD: What Is Your Take On The Principal's Comment(Pics) / See What Muslim Rights Concern Said They'll Do If Pres. Buhari Bans Hijab.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.