Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,214 members, 7,939,872 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 01:31 PM

Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja (30296 Views)

My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja / Addax Workers Lock Out CEO, Colin Klapa, Begin Strike / Benue Workers Begin Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by adesmarty: 8:16am On May 31, 2022
With the way una they shame office workers online….we thought you people are all millionaires oh

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by adesmarty: 8:17am On May 31, 2022
blackgold2018:
if you are poor then take public transport.
Never live above your means
Lol you’re the poor driver here

2 Likes

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by shortgun(m): 8:18am On May 31, 2022
blackgold2018:
poor one.. if you can’t afford it.
Take public transport
This is the only defence you lots can come up with?
That am poor?
For your info I only use your service to convey females anywhere I want them.
I drive myself wherever I want to go, I am too mindful of my wellbeing to subject myself to the agony of a 2003 corolla driven by a frustrated driver.

For you lots to keep mentioning car air conditioning as luxury in 21st century shows you deserve pity.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by Hartman11: 8:19am On May 31, 2022
Bolt business is a scam imagining going a ride of #1000 bolt will take #250 not minding u fuel n service the vehicle to the satisfaction of their so called riders
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by valudong(m): 8:20am On May 31, 2022
Dem go Dey talk shit, how you go carry one single person, for 30mins drive come get #900 naira with ac on for motor wey you go use over 25k change oil monthly? Es350 na #5.5m o, if e enter mechanic, you to know say no be kids play

2 Likes

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by FuckDModz: 8:22am On May 31, 2022
Is it by force to be an Uber driver? If the price is not good enough for you, fuçk off! I'm sure some people won't mind.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by Hartman11: 8:23am On May 31, 2022
shortgun:

That am poor?
I drive myself wherever I want to go, I am too mindful of my wellbeing to subject myself to the agony of a 2003 corolla driven by a frustrated driver.

For you lots to keep mentioning car air
conditioning as luxury in 21st century shows you deserve pity.
U sound like a ritual yahoo suspect don't worry karma will catch up with u soon

3 Likes

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by blackgold2018(m): 8:28am On May 31, 2022
shortgun:

That am poor?

For you lots to keep mentioning car air conditioning as luxury in 21st century shows you deserve pity.
all this you said but also complained bitterly about price..
You shouldn’t complain at all if those are true.

Some drivers own other vehicles for Uber in the road.
The way poor mental minded people like you degrade some of the drivers that it’s even far well better.

Look my friend.. you spoke thrash, next time use a public transport.

2 Likes

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by shortgun(m): 8:30am On May 31, 2022
Hartman11:

grin grin grin grin grin
How won't you be frustrated with this mentality.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by adesmarty: 8:38am On May 31, 2022
Hartman11:

Frustration go kill una…I thought you people are always online claiming bolt driving is the new oil company and degrading others working in offices

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by IvarDboneless: 8:42am On May 31, 2022
In full support...ontop 300 naira u go still see promo na wa oo
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by shortgun(m): 8:51am On May 31, 2022
blackgold2018:
all this you said but also complained bitterly about price..
You shouldn’t complain at all if those are true.

Some drivers own other vehicles for Uber in the road.
The way poor mental minded people like you degrade some of the drivers that it’s even far well better.

Look my friend.. you spoke thrash, next time use a public transport.
You guys keep talking about who's poor or not shows alot about your mentality.. between a passenger/customer and a driver/vendor there shouldn't be any debate over who is KING

The last time I checked, you guys were the ones that complained about price, that we usually pay ₦300 for trips which you know it's not true.
You already charge higher than city cabs simply because you think air-conditioning is premium luxury.
It's greed that is driving your protest... what's even the sense in your protest?

The more inflation bites harder people will cut expenses....less passengers for you.
You are now running to the same Govt. that asked you guys to paint your cabs to city cabs colour that you objected?
saying that anywhere in the world Uber is not painted....
Why not operate like it's done everywhere in the world?
Why do you guys think you can become rich overnight with bolt and Uber?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by Iamfavored: 8:54am On May 31, 2022
kekakuz:
I feel their pain tho.
But I know a bolt guy that makes about 20k on Saturdays alone.
How Is He doing it that you people are complaining
I think there is more business during weekends

1 Like

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by Roon9(m): 9:04am On May 31, 2022
BoltAndUberAbj:
It is the same price template of 2016 bolt/Uber are still using in 2022. Almost 6 years with same price. Despite the insane inflation in this country. Even the price of fuel in 2016 is not the same in 2022.

Infact they increased their own commission/salary from 5-10% to a whooping 25%! But the drivers who toil day and night are still collecting the same 300 naira of 2016. cheesy

In warri we changed it for them. Steady offline billing
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by dgitrader(m): 9:08am On May 31, 2022

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by airsaylongcome: 9:08am On May 31, 2022
I still don't get the purpose of the strike. Independent Contractors demanding for pay rise? Are you guys employed by Uber or Bolt? If you guys are this united won't it be better you guys float your own company to rival these two? Since you guys own the vehicles and own the platforms you can set your preferred prices. With a shortage of drivers on the other two, naturally passengers will migrate to your own platform that will be awash with drivers. They pay your price, you provide your service, both parties happy

3 Likes

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by 141samuel: 9:08am On May 31, 2022
Ken4Christ:
Supported. But they should not make it 2,000 naira per trip. The low price is the reason for the high patronage. And the turn over they enjoy gives them good profit. But I think a review to 500 for the same distance they pay 300 is reasonable.
any Uber/bolt driver shouldn't start his vehicle for any trip less than 1000k.

2 Likes

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by Roon9(m): 9:09am On May 31, 2022
tonyson010:

those guys are not saying the truth. greed is our problem. bolt prices differ from place to place. it is high in Lagos and Abuja and low in Kaduna where they are still courting audience. the lowest in Abuja is #500 flat except when they give u discount.

last time I was in Enugu, I saw keke rides on bolt platform.

more people are diving into bolt and Uber business because it is lucrative.
Every business has its own risk.

we are never satisfied, if u leave them, they will still cry for more review come two years time.

You are what's wrong with Nigeria.
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by otokx(m): 9:11am On May 31, 2022
valudong:
Dem go Dey talk shit, how you go carry one single person, for 30mins drive come get #900 naira with ac on for motor wey you go use over 25k change oil monthly? Es350 na #5.5m o, if e enter mechanic, you to know say no be kids play

25k oil, haba.
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by 141samuel: 9:13am On May 31, 2022
uuzba:

Unfortunately, Nigeria as a nation doesn't produce anything for exportation.
When shipment containers bring in goods to port, they return empty with nothing to export.
So we have no foreign exchange from that venue.
Yet the we are still trying to live expensive life like foreign nations..
It can't work.
If uber cannot operate at a loss, and people don't want to pay more for fare,
then let everybody sit down in one place.
We cannot afford the cost of running cars. And the passengers cannot afford the cost of paying for fares
Simple.
and the things is that those rider can actually pay more than what Uber/ bolt is offering them to pay
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by airsaylongcome: 9:15am On May 31, 2022
Hartman11:
Bolt business is a scam imagining going a ride of #1000 bolt will take #250 not minding u fuel n service the vehicle to the satisfaction of their so called riders

Lol! Did Bolt/Uber not provide you a service? Or do you think hosting a cab hailing server that provides global service while also processing card payments is an easy task? I work in a business that has to host thousands and thousands of servers with staff to implement and support them. If you take time to understand the business model of Uber/Bolt you'd have a different perspective. Which is why I encourage you guys to setup your own ehailing business. You guys can setup a cooperative to accomplish that. You don't get to pay tax sef if you guys are able to have a cooperative running a business

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by blowjohn(m): 9:17am On May 31, 2022
kekakuz:
I feel their pain tho.
But I know a bolt guy that makes about 20k on Saturdays alone.
How Is He doing it that you people are complaining

That is 1 guy that u know.

Name 5 others u know.
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by blowjohn(m): 9:18am On May 31, 2022
Sometimes I wonder how one is able to pay only 300 naira for a trip.
And where the profit will come frm
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by Gwan2(m): 9:19am On May 31, 2022
Keji1012:

Yestersay, I picked a rider from maitama to wuse , 6km and bolt said I should collect 300 naira

Bros, you dey lie abeg. Even with discount, the least bolt had charge me from just a short distance between mabushi car park to Etisalat office Wuse 2 (just about 2km drive or slightly more than) is #400. WITH DISCOUNT OO..and I used it severally for same journey, without discount is #500…..no dey lie abeg. Some of una too greedy

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by kekakuz(m): 9:21am On May 31, 2022
blowjohn:

That is 1 guy that u know.

Name 5 others u know.

As Uber staff wey I be ba ?

1 Like

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by bonnyhope: 9:22am On May 31, 2022
BoltAndUberAbj:
You spend 200,000 naira to fix your ac. Only for bolt to give you trip of 300 naira. cheesy

Seriously

Cost of car Maintenance has increased

Roadside mechanics also charging high now

To patch one tyre now na 1k

1 Like

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by bonnyhope: 9:25am On May 31, 2022
iLoveYouToo:

The lowest rate on bolt currently is 500 except the rider has a discount, which is augmented by Bolt.

The problem with Bolt is they accept everyone to drive on their platform, just bring a car.

You’ll meet some drivers/cars and be wondering how they scaled the screening and inspection phase

Pls point out Lapses noticed
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by blowjohn(m): 9:28am On May 31, 2022
kekakuz:

As Uber staff wey I be ba ?

Infact as task force and uber drivers revenue manager
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by bonnyhope: 9:28am On May 31, 2022
otabuko:

200,000 for which kind AC?

You can only spend that amount when the whole Ac components is bad at a time which may not be possible

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Should I Quit My Job And Be Self-employed? / How To Build 3 Years Work Experience In A Single Year As A Fresh Graduate / A Kogi State Civil Servant Resigned Due To Non Payment Of Salary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.