Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,196 members, 7,880,726 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 04:34 AM

The Fastest Way To Move Your All Whatsapp Chat History And Media To A New Phone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Fastest Way To Move Your All Whatsapp Chat History And Media To A New Phone (447 Views)

Signal Is The Fastest Growing App In The World! More Than WhatsApp Now. / Confirmed: Whatsapp Blocking All Whatsapp Plus User / Throwback: All Whatsapp Features That Are Quite Impressive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Fastest Way To Move Your All Whatsapp Chat History And Media To A New Phone by Smartdepotng: 2:53pm On May 31, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66SbZ69u_nk

Depending on the size of your WhatsApp media, internet speed or limited data network, moving WhatsApp to a new phone can be a very tedious job. What if I tell you that there is a very easy and fast way to move your entire WhatsApp to another phone without a data connection or internet connection.

First, you have to realise that due to Android 12 Internal storage access restrictions, WhatsApp secretly move the WhatsApp storage folder from the known location: Internal Storage/WhatsApps to Android Apps general data folder: Internal Storage/media/com.whatsapp/WhatsApp
This means that if you mistakenly wipe WhatsApp app data, all your media, databases and backups will be lost instantly. And if you uninstall WhatsApp, all data will be lost unlike before.

For those who won't be able to watch the video, the trick is to find a file-sharing app that can transfer folders like Xender, Share it, Share me etc., and install it on both phones. Wirelessly transfer the WhatsApp folder to the new phone after doing a local backup.
Set up WhatsApp on the new phone and move the WhatsApp folder transferred from the old phone.
And that's about that...

Let me hear from you in the comments.

1 Like

Re: The Fastest Way To Move Your All Whatsapp Chat History And Media To A New Phone by wetindey7: 9:45am On Jun 27, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkBkZrFVF44
The same better way to transfer here, check

(1) (Reply)

How To Fix Incoming Problem And Unseen Missed Calls / Please Help Me Oooo / Online Airtime And Paper Airtime

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.