Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,952 members, 7,873,042 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 07:10 AM

Video Of Ibadan Fans Attacking Journalist OgaNlaMedia After A Football Match - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Video Of Ibadan Fans Attacking Journalist OgaNlaMedia After A Football Match (18204 Views)

Video: Kastina United Fans Attacking Kano Pillars Fans After Sharing Points / Types Of Nigerians You Will See At A Football Viewing Centre (Memes) / Referee Kills Player In Malawi During A Football Match (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Video Of Ibadan Fans Attacking Journalist OgaNlaMedia After A Football Match by naptu2: 2:58am On Jun 02, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkO6QqolgLY

Shooting Stars Sports Club of Ibadan (3SC) played a one-all draw with Remo Stars at the Lekan Salami Stadium, Adamasingba, Ibadan yesterday and some people attacked a journalist, Adepoju Tobi Samuel (@OgaNlaMedia), after the match. Here is a video of the incident.

1 Share

Re: Video Of Ibadan Fans Attacking Journalist OgaNlaMedia After A Football Match by naptu2: 2:58am On Jun 02, 2022
Dimeji Lawal is a former Super Eagles and Shooting Stars player who is now the acting General Manager of the club. He was one of the players that played at Saudi '89 and was signed by Real Madrid after the tournament.

naptu2:
Memories

I don't remember who we were playing against or what competition it was, but I'll never forget that moment.

It was at the National Stadium in Lagos sometime in 1990, 1991 or 1992. The Super Eagles were playing and we needed a goal.

Suddenly the crowd started chanting, "Dimeji! Dimeji! Dimeji!"

Then Westerhof sent Dimeji Lawal to warm up. The crowd went crazy. They were cheering and chanting his name. Dimeji Lawal was smiling as he was warming up and he even waved to the crowd.

Then he came on and scored with his first touch of the ball. The noise was at an insane level and the fans resumed chanting "DIMEJI! DIMEJI! DIMEJI!"

Afterwards, journalists asked Westerhof if he brought on Dimeji because of the chanting of the crowd and he replied that no serious coach would introduce a player because of the crowd

naptu2:
I would give anything to get a proper highlights video of this match. All I remember was that it was an epic game and that there were some great players on the Italian side.

These matches were played in the middle of the night Nigerian time and I remember that I slept off during one of the matches and was woken up by a huge roar. The entire neighbourhood was still awake and it was as if everybody in the neighbourhood shouted GOAL! at the same time.

President Babangida came out on the street after one of our victories and he shook hands with people that were celebrating on the streets (this was at around 2am).

Nigeria was the defending champion at this competition and we got to the final again, but we lost to the Soviet Union and came second. President Babangida sent a presidential delegation to cheer the team after we won the semi-final. It was led by Admiral Aikhomu and my dad was in the delegation. We teased him afterwards that he brought bad luck to the team because they had won all their matches before the delegation got there and then they lost the only game that the delegation watched.

Afterwards my dad said that what we were doing in Nigeria was complete nonsense and a waste of money. Basically, Nigeria was preparing to host the tournament in 1991 and Government had spent a lot of money to renovate the stadiums. However my dad said that most of the things that we pent money on were totally unnecessary. He said that the important things were the state of the pitch, the toilets, communication facilities and transport, but instead of focusing on these things, Nigeria was wasting money by painting the stadiums. "They played in parks in Canada!"

This particular video was created to celebrate Dimeji Lawal's birthday, so it's mainly clips of him. I remember that the Super Eagles played a match at the National Stadium c1991 and there we needed a goal. Then the crowd began chanting, "Dimeji! Dimeji! Dimeji!" and then Westerhoff brought on Dimeji Lawal and he scored with his first touch of the ball. Journalists asked Westerhoff afterwards if he introduced Dimeji Lawal into the game because of the chants of the crowd and Westerhoff said that no serious coach makes changes because of chants from the crowd.

Dimeji Lawal got married sometime in 1990 or 1991 and he and his wife were specials guests at the next Eagles game.

This is a semi-final match at the 1987 FIFA Under 16 World Championships in Canada.

Nigeria 1-0 Italy.

Christopher Nwosu scored the only goal (I loved the funny way that the commentator pronounced Nwosu). This is also the game in which the commentator nicknamed Lemmy Isa "the smiling goalkeeper". Lemy Isa was wonderful throughout this tournament and he saved us many times. He was always smiling, even when Nigeria was under intense pressure.

(Dimeji Lawal was known as Dimeji Mohammed in this game. His full name is Dimeji Mohammed Lawal)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuOGRD5edkk

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Video Of Ibadan Fans Attacking Journalist OgaNlaMedia After A Football Match by naptu2: 2:58am On Jun 02, 2022
"The policemen are supposed to rescue him. Ah ah! They should rescue him now. They should rescue him, it's not good.

Yeah! Stray bullet! God forbid! Where is my mother? My mother didn't send me here"!

https://mobile.twitter.com/OlamiUthman/status/1532054204759564289

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Video Of Ibadan Fans Attacking Journalist OgaNlaMedia After A Football Match by naptu2: 3:11am On Jun 02, 2022
Pictures of the attack.

4th picture = Adepoju Tobi Samuel.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Video Of Ibadan Fans Attacking Journalist OgaNlaMedia After A Football Match by naptu2: 3:48am On Jun 02, 2022

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Video Of Ibadan Fans Attacking Journalist OgaNlaMedia After A Football Match by ndukwejoe(m): 3:54am On Jun 02, 2022
Nigerians will never disappoint.
Re: Video Of Ibadan Fans Attacking Journalist OgaNlaMedia After A Football Match by Khoielvis: 4:47am On Jun 02, 2022
ndukwejoe:
Nigerians will never disappoint.

The culture of applying violent in replacing everything thesedays is just too appalling.

5 Likes

Re: Video Of Ibadan Fans Attacking Journalist OgaNlaMedia After A Football Match by TimmyTen(m): 5:52am On Jun 02, 2022
Misplaced anger. Ibadan people, you are beating the wrong person. Politicians are the real enemy

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Video Of Ibadan Fans Attacking Journalist OgaNlaMedia After A Football Match by AntiChristian: 5:52am On Jun 02, 2022
Nile oluyole!
Re: Video Of Ibadan Fans Attacking Journalist OgaNlaMedia After A Football Match by Authoreety: 5:52am On Jun 02, 2022
Hmmmm
Re: Video Of Ibadan Fans Attacking Journalist OgaNlaMedia After A Football Match by IamWonderful: 5:54am On Jun 02, 2022
ok
Re: Video Of Ibadan Fans Attacking Journalist OgaNlaMedia After A Football Match by inoki247: 5:54am On Jun 02, 2022
To colet for this country no dey hard....

na only politicians get immunity most especially Politicians from the South mak dem rule dem for 20years Plus mak dem no buy dem ordinary Transformer when dem dey serve dem..

Dem go still hail dem wen dem see dem for street...

6 Likes

Re: Video Of Ibadan Fans Attacking Journalist OgaNlaMedia After A Football Match by TimmyTen(m): 5:56am On Jun 02, 2022
Everyone is angry… football that is meant to unite people…smh
Re: Video Of Ibadan Fans Attacking Journalist OgaNlaMedia After A Football Match by ekukeku(m): 6:01am On Jun 02, 2022
D punishment will be louder dis Time,
M waiting patiently to read about it...
I'm sure d fans will learn dere lesson dis tym

Football is fun & not vawulency
Re: Video Of Ibadan Fans Attacking Journalist OgaNlaMedia After A Football Match by Finneseguy1(m): 6:02am On Jun 02, 2022
Those thugs are the true definition of VAWULENCE

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Video Of Ibadan Fans Attacking Journalist OgaNlaMedia After A Football Match by penearth(m): 6:07am On Jun 02, 2022
naptu2:
Dimeji Lawal is a former Super Eagles and Shooting Stars player who is now the acting General Manager of the club. He was one of the players that played at Saudi '89 and was signed by Real Madrid after the tournament.

U are a great Patriot. God bless u for this!!!

Re: Video Of Ibadan Fans Attacking Journalist OgaNlaMedia After A Football Match by bro4u: 6:13am On Jun 02, 2022
I trust NPF, they don't waste time in releasing bullets into the air. That's their hobby

2 Likes

Re: Video Of Ibadan Fans Attacking Journalist OgaNlaMedia After A Football Match by nijanigga: 6:15am On Jun 02, 2022
Khoielvis:

The culture of applying violent in replacing everything thesedays is just too appalling.
This the only way to vex thier frustration on life in Nigeria in general
Re: Video Of Ibadan Fans Attacking Journalist OgaNlaMedia After A Football Match by Imustnottalk: 6:16am On Jun 02, 2022
Nawa
Re: Video Of Ibadan Fans Attacking Journalist OgaNlaMedia After A Football Match by TOPCRUISE(m): 6:16am On Jun 02, 2022
Oga that was screaming repeatedly " stray bullets, God forbid," does not want to enter front page news that a fan got killed by stray bullet grin

3 Likes

Re: Video Of Ibadan Fans Attacking Journalist OgaNlaMedia After A Football Match by Lamasta(m): 6:18am On Jun 02, 2022
THe acting GM needs to be suspended indefinitely if true.....No match can hold in this country without violence
Re: Video Of Ibadan Fans Attacking Journalist OgaNlaMedia After A Football Match by harmony75: 6:18am On Jun 02, 2022
Why are our local leagues like this? This same people are Realmadrid, Arsenal, chealsea fans is this how all those clubs do after losing any game? How can the Nigeria football league grow this way? And even the NFL /NFA should do something about this ugly reoccurring by these troublemakers fans. Why should a referee, coach be attacked after matches where did all these fans come from, caves? You see a referee bleeding after officiating match? �‍♀️ �‍♂️ Those that are interested in supporting, sponsoring our league will never want to be part of this mess. NFL /NFA too are not serious about the security of fans if they are things should have been improved in our leagues.

3 Likes

Re: Video Of Ibadan Fans Attacking Journalist OgaNlaMedia After A Football Match by Ladiesdoctor(m): 6:20am On Jun 02, 2022
Yoruba sabi fear
Re: Video Of Ibadan Fans Attacking Journalist OgaNlaMedia After A Football Match by tutudesz: 6:20am On Jun 02, 2022
One of the reasons investors are avoiding Nigeria football clubs undecided

Re: Video Of Ibadan Fans Attacking Journalist OgaNlaMedia After A Football Match by naptu2: 6:24am On Jun 02, 2022
[quote author=penearth post=113389587][/quote]

Thank you
Re: Video Of Ibadan Fans Attacking Journalist OgaNlaMedia After A Football Match by rajiedreez: 6:35am On Jun 02, 2022
Ijagboro niti Ibadan

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rohr: Nigeria Cannot Beat Mexico With Home Based Players / John Mikel Obi Better Than Okocha At 19? / NFF Unveils Sunday Oliseh As Super Eagles Coach (First Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.