Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,711 members, 7,879,109 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 12:42 PM

Kiki Mordi: Why Nigerians Are Dragging The Supposed Champion Of Women’s Rights. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Kiki Mordi: Why Nigerians Are Dragging The Supposed Champion Of Women’s Rights. (236 Views)

Why The Stigmatisation Of Women Who Smoke? / Facebook Launches Libra, The Supposed New Paypal / This Is Why Nigerians Do Not Deserve Financial Help From Fellow Nigerians (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Kiki Mordi: Why Nigerians Are Dragging The Supposed Champion Of Women’s Rights. by OmoGbadamosi01(m): 1:14pm On Jun 02, 2022
I woke up this morning to see Kiki Mordi and Dami trending on Twitter this morning. To say I was surprised that Nigerians were dragging the award-winning journalist is an understatement. I recall that she was celebrated all over TwitterNg in 2019.

I probed further and I discovered that the dragging is not unconnected to the recent court ruling on the case between Amber Heard and Johnny Depp. Kiki Mordi was being dragged after she shared her opinions concerning the court case. You can read all she said on her Twitter page by clicking on this Link.

Johnny Depp won his defamation case against his ex-wife, Amber Heard, whom he sued over claims of domestic abuse. Amber Heard was also ordered to pay her ex-husband, Johnny Depp, more than $10 million in damages.

This is a shock to everyone on social media. It is not common news to hear that men win cases like this against women, and even receive damages from an ex-wife. Most cases of domestic violence are tilted in the favour of women.

Consequently, the news was a huge blow to feminists, women's rights activists, and groups with similar interests. Kiki Mordi and Dami are not excluded from this feeling either.

While reacting to the news, Kiki Mordi retweeted that defamation cases are now being used to silence women who are victims of rape and abuse. She expressed her optimism that people can now see through the "legal steps" deployed by men these days.

This did not sit well with Nigerians who believe that Kiki Mordi is supposed to support victims of domestic abuse irrespective of their gender. In this case, it was proven beyond reasonable doubt in court that Amber Heard is the aggressor while the husband suffers domestic violence and physical abuse.

Kiki Mordi insisted that it was the other way round. She also claimed that although Johnny Depp might have suffered domestic violence from his wife, he is a terrible person. The Grand Commander of the Feminist Battalion, as she is fondly called, wants the court to rescind its judgement.

You can read more at >>> https://ofofoentertainment.com/kiki-mordi-why-nigerians-are-dragging-the/

(1) (Reply)

A Third Patient Cured Of HIV Using Stem Cell Transplant / Exchange Your Paypal Dollar To Naira Today Instantly!!! / Help Problem With Money Management

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.