Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,126 members, 7,916,309 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 08:09 PM

Marriages More Satisfying When Wives Are Thinner - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Marriages More Satisfying When Wives Are Thinner (809 Views)

Herbal Tea, The Secrete Our Fathers Used In Satisfying Their Wives. / Igbo Girlfriends And Wives Are The Most Faithful in Nigeria / Photos: Read Story Of How A Man Found Out His Two Wives Are Lesbian Lovers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marriages More Satisfying When Wives Are Thinner by doublekay: 5:09pm On Jul 18, 2011
Marriages are more
satisfying for both
partners when wives
are
thinner than their
husbands, according to
a
new study.
The four-year study of
169 newlywed couples
found that husbands
were
more satisfied initially
and
wives were more
satisfied
over time when the
fairer
sex had a lower body
mass index -- a
common
measure of body fat.
The
study was published in
the
July issue of Social
Psychological and
Personality Science.
"There's a lot of
pressure
on women in our
society to
achieve an often
unreachably small
weight,"
said Andrea Meltzer, a
doctoral candidate at
the
University of
Tennessee
and lead author of the
study. "The great
take-
home message from
our
study is that women
of any
size can be happy in
their
relationships with the
right
partner. It's relative
weight
that matters, not
absolute
weight. It's not that
they
have to be small."
Just how relative
weight
impacts marital bliss is
unclear, but Meltzer
has a
theory.
"One idea is that
attractiveness and
weight
are more important to
men," she said. "That
might be why we see
this
emerging at the
beginning
of the marriage for
husbands, and their
dissatisfaction might
be
affecting wives'
satisfaction over
time."
The finding held up
even
when other marital
stressors, such as
depression and income
level, were ruled out.
But
relative weight is not
the
only factor that
affects
marital satisfaction,
Meltzer cautioned.
"Obviously a lot of
things
play into relationship
satisfaction and this is
just
one of them," she said.
"It's not a guarantee
to be
happy in a relationship."
Re: Marriages More Satisfying When Wives Are Thinner by kokoye(m): 5:27pm On Jul 18, 2011
. . .and that is someone's opinion.

not a fact.
Re: Marriages More Satisfying When Wives Are Thinner by Omolola1(f): 5:35pm On Jul 18, 2011
shocked
Re: Marriages More Satisfying When Wives Are Thinner by carnal: 5:59pm On Jul 18, 2011
can neva b a fact,my wife is not slim and not fat but boy oh boy she de work wella and i love u her scatter and ever remind myself of dat daily
Re: Marriages More Satisfying When Wives Are Thinner by sweeti14(f): 6:06pm On Jul 18, 2011
Ogbeni please rearrange this thing properly. . . . my eyes started spinning after the first few lines angry angry cry
Re: Marriages More Satisfying When Wives Are Thinner by Mynd44: 6:09pm On Jul 18, 2011
Dumb study
Re: Marriages More Satisfying When Wives Are Thinner by 2Praise: 6:48pm On Jul 18, 2011
make proper use of page. spread out your words please after copying and pasting.
Re: Marriages More Satisfying When Wives Are Thinner by ShyOne(f): 12:28am On Jul 19, 2011
my guy is much thinner than i am and if i become thinner than he - I will be bones with nothing to hold onto

i will never be thinner than he is and I DON'T EVER WANT TO BE

i will not sacrifice my curves for this stooopid survey

i will not be fat - but i will not be anorexic either

my guy is thin and still very muscular - i love his frame, very, very much.
Re: Marriages More Satisfying When Wives Are Thinner by Nobody: 12:54am On Jul 19, 2011
Dumb Study Meant to tear relationships and Married Homes apart! Follow this study at your own risk!
BTW
"The great take-home message from our study is that women of any size can be happy in their relationships with the right partner. It's relative weight that matters, not
absolute weight. It's not that they have to be small." Na only me read that part?
Re: Marriages More Satisfying When Wives Are Thinner by Cuddlemii: 1:29am On Jul 19, 2011
This your methodology or whatever is hypocritical.

Sounds like u r justifying your involvement with a dry bone.

Yes its not good to be fat because of health reasons and the ageing factor but I prefer meat on those bones. Good bosoms, arse, hips and curves that would distinguish a babe from a guy & make dem skinny jeans fit perfectly.

Why do guys go crazy about Beyonce, J-lo, Eva Mendez, Kim Kard etc they are curvaceous and sexy. There is always something to play with. Being in between is ok. But dry bone is so boring. I can't even feel comfortable as a bone.

I don't even think men like feeling iron and metal when they are romancing their babes. I think you are just frustrated.
Re: Marriages More Satisfying When Wives Are Thinner by Jenifa1: 1:36am On Jul 19, 2011
The four-year study of 169 newlywed couples found that husbands were more satisfied initially and wives were more satisfied over time when the fairer sex had a lower body mass index -- a common measure of body fat.

so in other words, men are fine with their wives. but women are the ones who worry about their weight.
topic title is very misleading. abeg
besides it's probably an American study. it doesn't apply to Nigeria.
Re: Marriages More Satisfying When Wives Are Thinner by Jenifa1: 1:44am On Jul 19, 2011
Cuddlemii:

Yes its not good to be fat because of health reasons and the ageing factor but I prefer meat on those bones. Good bosoms, arse, hips and curves that would distinguish a babe from a guy & make dem skinny jeans fit perfectly.

Why do guys go crazy about Beyonce, J-lo, Eva Mendez, Kim Kard etc they are curvaceous and sexy. There is always something to play with. Being in between is ok. But dry bone is so boring. I can't even feel comfortable as a bone.

I don't even think men like feeling iron and metal when they are romancing their babes. I think you are just frustrated.

ouch. we skinny girls are fine with our weight too. abi wetin come concern ezekiel now. dry bone ko. wet fat ni
everybody should be proud of what they have.

jada pinkett smith ain't bad either. neither is our classy oluchi onwuegba.
Re: Marriages More Satisfying When Wives Are Thinner by lexurblade(m): 1:53am On Jul 19, 2011
Marriage is not for a wives thinner or looks like a fat girl unless you love each other and accept of what you are.
Re: Marriages More Satisfying When Wives Are Thinner by flexmoney(m): 2:39am On Jul 19, 2011
http://www.whatistwitters.info
doublekay:

Marriages are more
satisfying for both
partners when wives
are
thinner than their
husbands, according to
a
new study.
The four-year study of
169 newlywed couples
found that husbands
were
more satisfied initially
and
wives were more
satisfied
over time when the
fairer
sex had a lower body
mass index -- a
common
measure of body fat.
The
study was published in
the
July issue of Social
Psychological and
Personality Science.
"There's a lot of
pressure
on women in our
society to
achieve an often
unreachably small
weight,"
said Andrea Meltzer, a
doctoral candidate at
the
University of
Tennessee
and lead author of the
study. "The great
take-
home message from
our
study is that women
of any
size can be happy in
their
relationships with the
right
partner. It's relative
weight
that matters, not
absolute
weight. It's not that
they
have to be small."
Just how relative
weight
impacts marital bliss is
unclear, but Meltzer
has a
theory.
"One idea is that
attractiveness and
weight
are more important to
men," she said. "That
might be why we see
this
emerging at the
beginning
of the marriage for
husbands, and their
dissatisfaction might
be
affecting wives'
satisfaction over
time."
The finding held up
even
when other marital
stressors, such as
depression and income
level, were ruled out.
But
relative weight is not
the
only factor that
affects
marital satisfaction,
Meltzer cautioned.
"Obviously a lot of
things
play into relationship
satisfaction and this is
just
one of them," she said.
"It's not a guarantee
to be

issue of weight is a thing to be check by every one as i hate men that are fat ,too skinny,pot belly ,especially young ages .in all get moderate , visit gym
though it might be painful ,stressful but you come to gain it latter
i love my shape [athletic]i dont joke with it am proud to said am fit

twitter your love ==>
http://www.whatistwitters.info
Re: Marriages More Satisfying When Wives Are Thinner by MsPotato(f): 3:33am On Jul 19, 2011
Most or rather all Hollywood female stars are smaller than their husbands but they carry the most number of breakups/divorces in world history so whoever did that study should recheck back again
Re: Marriages More Satisfying When Wives Are Thinner by tpia5: 4:18am On Jul 19, 2011
why is the write up rectangular.
Re: Marriages More Satisfying When Wives Are Thinner by tpia5: 4:19am On Jul 19, 2011
and are thin wives a guarantee of relationship stability?
Re: Marriages More Satisfying When Wives Are Thinner by andy1(m): 5:45am On Jul 19, 2011
Cuddlemii:

lwkmd, i don laff scatter 4 hia oooo, cuddlemi pls take am easy b4 u crack my ribs ooo grin
Re: Marriages More Satisfying When Wives Are Thinner by 2Praise: 7:38am On Jul 19, 2011
Just be of average weight. Its the best.
Re: Marriages More Satisfying When Wives Are Thinner by Nobody: 7:57am On Jul 19, 2011
doublekay:

Marriages are more
satisfying for both
partners when wives
are
thinner than their
husbands, according to
a
new study.
The four-year study of
169 newlywed couples
found that husbands
were
more satisfied initially
and
wives were more
satisfied
over time when the
fairer
sex had a lower body
mass index -- a
common
measure of body fat.
The
study was published in
the
July issue of Social
Psychological and
Personality Science.
"There's a lot of
pressure
on women in our
society to
achieve an often
unreachably small
weight,"
said Andrea Meltzer, a
doctoral candidate at
the
University of
Tennessee
and lead author of the
study. "The great
take-
home message from
our
study is that women
of any
size can be happy in
their
relationships with the
right
partner. It's relative
weight
that matters, not
absolute
weight. It's not that
they
have to be small."
Just how relative
weight
impacts marital bliss is
unclear, but Meltzer
has a
theory.
"One idea is that
attractiveness and
weight
are more important to
men," she said. "That
might be why we see
this
emerging at the
beginning
of the marriage for
husbands, and their
dissatisfaction might
be
affecting wives'
satisfaction over
time."
The finding held up
even
when other marital
stressors, such as
depression and income
level, were ruled out.
But
relative weight is not
the
only factor that
affects
marital satisfaction,
Meltzer cautioned.
"Obviously a lot of
things
play into relationship
satisfaction and this is
just
one of them," she said.
"It's not a guarantee
to be
I will definitely show this to a girl.
Re: Marriages More Satisfying When Wives Are Thinner by Cuddlemii: 7:58am On Jul 19, 2011
Jenifa_:

Jenifa_ link=topic=715802.msg8743315#msg8743315 date=1311036274:

ouch. we skinny girls are fine with our weight too. abi wetin come concern ezekiel now. dry bone ko. wet fat ni
everybody should be proud of what they have.

jada pinkett smith ain't bad either. neither is our classy oluchi onwuegba.

Do u know the meaning of dry bones. I am not talking about slim people. Jada pinkett is even too ripped and fit to be bony. Oluchi is tall and not bones. Obviously slim is healthy and sexy too. I'm only answering the op for his ignorance about size in marriage or romance.
Re: Marriages More Satisfying When Wives Are Thinner by Konjour(m): 9:43am On Jul 19, 2011
shocked shocked Was there a thesis proved for this study or something? Perhaps they intended saying when wives stay clear of excess baggage/don't suddenly

become as fat as an elephant that grew up in a fattening castle grin That'd have sounded a bit more logical. Anyways, i'm not married yet and my girl

is super slim,but has loads of jutting curves too, so according to the "thesis" of the topic,i guess i'm guaranteed a more satisfying married life with her!

undecided grin grin grin Infact, Me estoy poniendo la gente se casa maƱana!!!! grin grin lipsrsealed

(1) (Reply)

Till Death Do Us Apart. / Who Handles Breakups In Relationships? Is It The Guys Or ladies? / The Unforeseen Romantic Tragedy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.