Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,689 members, 7,885,856 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 04:19 PM

How Was It Like Making Your First Millions? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Was It Like Making Your First Millions? (1265 Views)

How To Be Making Your Own $800 Weekly Through Domain Parking / Banker Sleeps On Keyboard, Accidentally Transfers Millions / Stop Gambling On Football.. Trade It Like This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Was It Like Making Your First Millions? by Busifox: 6:39pm On Jul 18, 2011
Please share with us what it was like when you made your first millions for the road to success and achievement in life is filled with ups and downs.
Re: How Was It Like Making Your First Millions? by Seun(m): 7:51pm On Jul 18, 2011
You start. cheesy
Re: How Was It Like Making Your First Millions? by pleep(m): 11:12pm On Jul 18, 2011
i'll yet ya know after in 5 yrs tongue
Re: How Was It Like Making Your First Millions? by meshpips(m): 4:21am On Jul 19, 2011
Making my first million came through forex trading. It was in January 2010, I started out with just a little over $1,000 and traded the pound-dollar almost exclusively throughout that month. I got great support from my fiancé who allowed me use her laptop as I had given my desk top PC out as a gift before relocating from the Zamfara to Lagos. The making of the million really did NOT come in that January alone, it was carefully ochestrated many years before. I remember setting my cheque book aside after opening a current account with my bank. I made up my mind that the first cheque I would issue from that booklet would be N1mil and thereafter, I would never sign out anything less. There is a clear and wide dividing line between MAKING ones first million and KEEPING it. In my own case, I lost it shortly after I made it. Riches have wings! I say this unabashedly, IF I HAD GIVEN THIS FIRST MILLION TO GOD AS MY FIRSTFRUIT, I WOULD HAVE SEALED, SIGNED & DELIVERED MYSELF INTO THE REALM OF OPERATING IN MILLIONS THAT SAME YEAR. Here's my admonition to all - NEVER WITH HOLD ANYTHING FROM GOD! It is He that gives you the power to get wealth. Man has been created with great imaginative ability, if you can see it in your mind's eye then you can have it. See your first million, pray as though you would never work then work as though you never prayed. Talk about it, eat it, sleep it, ruminate over it time and again and before long you would have it. Meshach
Re: How Was It Like Making Your First Millions? by pleep(m): 4:42am On Jul 19, 2011
IF I HAD GIVEN THIS FIRST MILLION TO GOD AS MY FIRSTFRUIT, I WOULD HAVE SEALED, SIGNED & DELIVERED MYSELF INTO THE REALM OF OPERATING IN MILLIONS THAT
God or to a pastor? undecided

maybe charity would be safer wink
Re: How Was It Like Making Your First Millions? by tpia5: 4:46am On Jul 19, 2011
seriously, i would like to give a million to God.
Re: How Was It Like Making Your First Millions? by pleep(m): 4:51am On Jul 19, 2011
^ that's a great idea. But I'm just wondering how? There's a difference between God and a pastor you know.
Re: How Was It Like Making Your First Millions? by 222Martins(m): 11:33pm On Jul 19, 2011
Challenging.
Re: How Was It Like Making Your First Millions? by Pweety4me(f): 9:01pm On Jul 20, 2011
pleep:

^ that's a great idea. But I'm just wondering how? There's a difference between God and a pastor you know.

I agree booty
Re: How Was It Like Making Your First Millions? by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jul 20, 2011
Y are u soo disturbed abou giving money to God? remember you need his blessing he doesnt need ur money.
Re: How Was It Like Making Your First Millions? by pleep(m): 4:45am On Jul 21, 2011
^ I'm not disturbed  angry I was just joking around. I give money to God but thru charity.

I simply have a few reservations about Nigerian pastors that's all. But I'm sure He knows ur intentions either way wink
Re: How Was It Like Making Your First Millions? by pleep(m): 4:47am On Jul 21, 2011
Pweety4me:

I agree booty
huh? wink
Re: How Was It Like Making Your First Millions? by dannywest: 12:39pm On Jul 21, 2011
I keep records of Every money I spend on Business and have been doing that since I started my first company last July.

It was really difficult with so many down moments going through months without a single order or phone call on my "business line".
This Year 2011, I decided to start afresh with God by my side, I attended the first cross-over service in my life on the first day of the year,
I did the 21 day fast in January (practically shut down business that month to concentrate) and started afresh with a new business model in February.
Earlier in the year, I was looking through the excel spreadsheet where I keep Income & Expense records for my SMS Site and Discovered Over 1million Naira in the profit column. I was so surprised and actually stopped to count the zeroes (lol!) because I just couldn't believe it,

For the experience, its been nice, challenging (you really have to solve problems like everyday) and generally a bitter-sweet experience.

I would say, when the money is flowing in like that you really find it hard to control spending. I spent the first few months buying every gadget and cellphone (I actually carry 5 about right now) that crossed my eyes before I realised I would enter serious debt if I continued that way.

Its a wonderful experience and great boost to the ego.

Finally, put God into confidence on whatever you want in life, and Always Pay your Tithes ;-)
Re: How Was It Like Making Your First Millions? by Seun(m): 1:28am On Jul 22, 2011
Do you mean a million naira profit or a million naira income without considering expenses?
Re: How Was It Like Making Your First Millions? by dannywest: 8:12pm On Jul 22, 2011
@Seun Income minus expenses
Re: How Was It Like Making Your First Millions? by Tinyemeka(m): 10:52am On Jul 24, 2011
My first million Naira didn't come as a pre-planned thing. One day I simply tallied all my savings plus some debts owed to me and discovered that I had crested the mark by about 87k. I was just 25 then. Making it is not the issue, but sustaining it and making the money multiply and work for you, should be the key focus. Ok, so one has made the first million, and then? What happens next?
Re: How Was It Like Making Your First Millions? by Abali1(m): 11:37am On Jul 24, 2011
i have made millions and lost millions. Like poster above said, it is keeping the millions and have it work for you that matters.

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Take Advantage Of The Cashless Society Policy? / Raw Gold Per Gram / Haulage Business: Transport Of Coal From Kogi To Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.