Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,929 members, 7,872,990 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 06:11 AM

Airforce Base In Asaba And Warri; Uduaghan Deserve Commendation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Airforce Base In Asaba And Warri; Uduaghan Deserve Commendation (4374 Views)

Buhari Arriving At The Waterkloof Airforce Base For AU Summit (photos) / I Deserve Commendation, Says Stella Oduah / 5 killed in daring Boko Haram Raid On Airforce Base And Military Checkpoint (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Airforce Base In Asaba And Warri; Uduaghan Deserve Commendation by kpogede77: 10:42pm On Jul 18, 2011
The governor of Delta state Dr. E.E Uduaghan has concluded all arrangement to establish airforce base at Asaba and Warri airport. All necessary facilities have been provided to ensure the take off of the base with a pledge to assist the FG with fund for acquiring war jets to ensure security for the people of delta state. This is the first time I am praising the governor since he was sworn in as a governor for his fore sight to be able to understand the drum beat of a section of this country and dance according to the tune. Security is security whether it is from external aggressors or internal aggressors like BH.
Re: Airforce Base In Asaba And Warri; Uduaghan Deserve Commendation by liquid7: 10:47pm On Jul 18, 2011
so what delta state needs is" war jets".to bomb who ?BH.do you even know where to bomb.sef all this wannabe generals.
Re: Airforce Base In Asaba And Warri; Uduaghan Deserve Commendation by Uche2008: 11:02pm On Jul 18, 2011
that is good. i think all governor should do this. i dont know why fashola and others are not building airforce base. What the state can do is rent the equipment to the airforce. that way the equipment is not own by the airforce but it is own by the state. that way the equipment can not be transfered out of their state. if not, they will transfer it.

state should rent equipment to the police and airforce. And they should not give the airforce or police but rent it out. if not they will transfer them to other state in the north.
Re: Airforce Base In Asaba And Warri; Uduaghan Deserve Commendation by homerac7: 11:05pm On Jul 18, 2011
@ OP,

U b joker. Na since when state governments start to dey build military facilities? Na wetin concern delta state gov with how to buy military jets, u think say na yam? Tomorrow u go wake up tell me say Bayelsa governor sef don buy frigates for navy abi? Abeg go sleep o jare.

By d way, which special benefit d building of Nigerian type of military bases bring to d host communities if not systematic and outright prostitution, oppression, aggression, brutality, waywardness and many other social vices? E b lie say u neva see airforce personnel before,abi? My friend, grow up.
Re: Airforce Base In Asaba And Warri; Uduaghan Deserve Commendation by naijaking1: 11:13pm On Jul 18, 2011
What external agression, from Onitsha
Each of the airports don't need an airforce base for crying loud, because they're less than 100 miles apart, and in terms of airforce fighter that less than 5mins.
One airforce unit in Benin city, Asaba, or even Enugu can easily patrol an areas of 200-300 mile radius.
Re: Airforce Base In Asaba And Warri; Uduaghan Deserve Commendation by homerac7: 11:14pm On Jul 18, 2011
@ Uche2008,

R u too so daft? shocked shocked shocked angry angry grin grin

Jeeeeez! Na wa o for una understanding sha. I'm just so disappointed wt ur reasonings dt I dont even know how to start correcting u guys. Una go school at all? It's better u get a book called Constitution of d Federal Republic of Nigeria and read, after I can start explaining d duties and boundaries of each tiers of government.

Una go wound person wt una reasoning o. If na to yab, curse and do ethnic bigotry una mouth go Sharp. See common basic constitutional matter, una yansh open say una b kpos. I hail una o! undecided undecided
Re: Airforce Base In Asaba And Warri; Uduaghan Deserve Commendation by aljharem3: 11:22pm On Jul 18, 2011
^^^^^^^^^^^

he is becomerich
Re: Airforce Base In Asaba And Warri; Uduaghan Deserve Commendation by homerac7: 11:35pm On Jul 18, 2011
^^^ 

Ooops! I no know o!

Apologies to Aare himself, na only u fit. My bad. Sorry sir! grin grin grin
Re: Airforce Base In Asaba And Warri; Uduaghan Deserve Commendation by NegroNtns(m): 11:47pm On Jul 18, 2011
Kpogede,

You are full of it! Lol. Very funny article. You do know that base is a tactical command sector right?

Since when has it become the reponsibility of a civilian governor to decide on military commands?

Even a military governor dare not arbitrarily set up a base or a tactical command post.

The responsibility of command posts, location, composition, budget and management is solely the job of defense department.

A governor can raise concern to DoD for more spending or submit grievance on a touchy issue, but never is he/she permitted to make command decisions on defense.
Re: Airforce Base In Asaba And Warri; Uduaghan Deserve Commendation by aljharem3: 11:48pm On Jul 18, 2011
homerac7:

^^^ 

Ooops! I no know o!

Apologies to Aare himself, na only u fit. My bad. Sorry sir! grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin ha just leave becomrich alone, he is in his own world cool
Re: Airforce Base In Asaba And Warri; Uduaghan Deserve Commendation by NegroNtns(m): 11:50pm On Jul 18, 2011
Man, I wasted time responding ti the article. I guess I should have read responses first and notice sniffers were already shouting "foul"
Re: Airforce Base In Asaba And Warri; Uduaghan Deserve Commendation by kpogede77: 12:03am On Jul 19, 2011
@homerac7

4get about that rubbish constitution, who build navy logistic center Oghara, nor be Uduaghan. Warri -Ugheli Port Harcourt road nor be federal road, who did it from DSC RA to Ugheli? Na wetin we want the guy do. You nor dey aware say very soon we go stop to recognize the constitution?
@ Alj Harem
Some body called me Aj Harem, one called me Jason 123, now the same Aj Harem is calling me Becomerich, you people are confused.
Guy  we are planning our future, who the thing pain make he go hug transformer. We may choose to affiliate to Isreal, Nigeria is already a thing of the past. We all know that.
Re: Airforce Base In Asaba And Warri; Uduaghan Deserve Commendation by bashr4: 1:58am On Jul 19, 2011
theres already an airforce base in enugu and ph why do you need another in warri and asaba, ph base can cover warri ,abi una wan go bomb benin or onitsha cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Airforce Base In Asaba And Warri; Uduaghan Deserve Commendation by mensdept: 2:41am On Jul 19, 2011
kpogede77:

The governor of Delta state Dr. E.E Uduaghan has concluded all arrangement to establish airforce base at Asaba and Warri airport. All necessary facilities have been provided to ensure the take off of the base with a pledge to assist the FG with fund for acquiring war jets to ensure security for the people of delta state. This is the first time I am praising the governor since he was sworn in as a governor for his fore sight to be able to understand the drum beat of a section of this country and dance according to the tune. Security is security whether it is from external aggressors or internal aggressors like BH.

LOL!!!! And you wonder why Naija is pretty screwed up as a nation.

FOOL
Re: Airforce Base In Asaba And Warri; Uduaghan Deserve Commendation by Nobody: 8:19am On Jul 19, 2011
mens dept:

LOL!!!! And you wonder why Naija is pretty screwed up as a nation.

FOOL

No mind am. Now i can see Nigeria is Finished. Air force base for internal and external aggressors LWKMD. which war planes? u mean the old flying coffins?
Why is these even on here. na wah for some Nigerians and the way dem dey reason sha
Re: Airforce Base In Asaba And Warri; Uduaghan Deserve Commendation by nateevs(m): 8:37am On Jul 19, 2011
I kid you not but this is the view that most Nigerians hold. How can we cease voting in the wrong people when the average Nigerian has no clue about who should be doing what? When quizzed, the OP responds with a suggestion that setting up an air-force base is akin to the SG rehabilitating a federal road.

Please remind me how smart many of us are again! This forum should have a civic responsibility in the sensitization and education of the people. Traffic or not, if I owned this forum, threads like these will not last a sec.
Re: Airforce Base In Asaba And Warri; Uduaghan Deserve Commendation by kpogede77: 2:14pm On Jul 19, 2011
June 24, 2010.  

PICTURE SHOWS PRESIDENT GOODLUCK JONATHAN (LEFT) WITH GOVERNOR UDUAGHAN ARRIVING THE DELTA STATE UNIVERSITY TEACHING HOSPITAL.

History was made in Delta state on Saturday, June 19, 2010, as the first President and Commander-in-Chief of the Federal Republic of Nigeria ever produced from Niger Delta region and the South-South geopolitical zone of the country, Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan paid a one day working visit to the state.

According to Cicero a Roman historian, lawyer, philosopher, orator and powerful writer of blessed memory who lived about 40 years before the Birth of Jesus Christ one remarked that “History is the witness of the times, the touch of truth and the life of memory.”

The purpose of the President’s visit to the Niger Delta oil rich state can not be far fetched other than to commission the multi-billion Delta State University Teaching Hospital (DSUTH) and the Navy Logistic Headquarters all in Oghara, headquarters of Ethiope West Local Government Area of Delta State and home town of the embattled former governor of the state, Chief James Onanefe Ibori whose administration also initiated the gigantic projects and only completed by the incumbent governor, Dr.Emmanuel Uduaghan.

Shortly after the news of the visit of the number one citizen was let out of the bag Deltans in their thousands started dusting their celebration drums and regalia in preparation to welcome one of their own occupying the exalted and highest position in the country.

Major cities including the state capital, Oghara among others were wearing new looks while roads in the state capital as well as Oghara were all shot down in honour of the visiting first President produced by Niger Delta region.

No doubt Delta state right from inception has always shoulder some of the responsibilities of the Federal government without any cause to regret.

Without mincing words, it is of the fact that the Delta State Government bankrolled the building of the Naval Logistics Command which is otherwise, a Federal Government responsibility.

Among such responsibilities the state government has also taken up is the dualisation of the 170 kilometre Asaba-Ughelli expressway as well as the building, equipping, furnishing of three Nigeria Television Authority (NTA) stations in Asaba, Warri and Amukpe-Sapele which was donated to the Federal Government.

State’s intervention in Federal Government responsibilities demonstrates that co-ordinated energies is fundamental in making the wheels of nation turn,  after all, a nation is only as strong as its component parts.

Delta state is evidently a wheel within the wheel of our nation, Nigeria . A presidential visit to the state, or even any state, is important as this will afford the number one citizen, the opportunity of further experience the people and understands their challenges of governance. It will also enable the President to know where the state stands in terms of development and encourage her to a higher development.

Despite the alleged protest threat by Oghara youths during the visit of President Jonathan to Chief Ibori home town over what he is currently going through in the hands of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), the state was able to surmount the threat by making the visit a crime free one.
advertisement

Briefing the press in government house press centre, Asaba, the Chairman Planning Committee of the Presidential Visit and Secretary to the State Government (SSG), Dr. Ifeanyi Okowa said adequate arrangements have been made and government which was already aware of the protest rumour is on top of the situation as security forces were already placed on the alert.

Dr. Okowa stated that the hospital should have been commissioned last November by the departed President Yar'Adua, but for his health condition that took him out of the country, the programme was shelved.

The SSG said the Naval Logistics Command headquarters was built by the state government and handed over to the Federal Government in its determination to strengthen security in the Niger Delta waterways.

According to him, the visit is significant because it is the maiden working visit of Jonathan to the state and also an opportunity to demonstrate love and fraternal bond in welcoming "one of our own" in the exalted position of President.

Describing the visit of the President as a welcome development and the best thing that has ever happened to Deltans, the state Commissioner of Information, Mr. Oma Djebah stated that “The President’s visit has demonstrated and shown that all is well with the Dr. Emmanuel Eweta Uduaghan’s administration.”

Commissioning the projects at Oghara, President Goodluck Jonathan who lamented that Nigerians lack the culture to maintain infrastructures however noted that Nigeria either don’t have the culture to maintain or don’t have the technical-know-how to maintain infrastructures in the country as according to him many infrastructure have decay as a result of maintenance culture. “ We can invest and spent money but to maintenance has always be a problem probably we don’t have enough manpower or we lack the culture adding that Nigeria is only interested in new procurement without budgeting for maintenance”.

The President shortly after Governor Emmanuel Uduaghan handed over to him keys of the Navy Logistic Headwaiters; he in turn handed over the keys to the Chief of Navy Staff, Vice Admiral Ishaiye Ibrahim and charged the Navy hierarchy to ensure the sustainability of the projects.

In his words “Let me now tell the Minster of Defence, Chief of Naval Staff and other senior naval officers to protect this project and make good use of it”, Jonathan added.

Dr. Jonathan while expressing his gratitude said “I am very happy that one of the main responsibilities of this Command is maintenance and I want to enjoin every department of the army force to imbibe maintenance culture. Government is thinking Nigeria military not only to assist the police in internal security because when ever I visit other countries; I observed the roles played by their military in civil operations of government. There are a lot of professionals in the army, well trained professional but their knowledge and value are limited only to the management, handling and operation of weapons but they could also help in civil operations”
Re: Airforce Base In Asaba And Warri; Uduaghan Deserve Commendation by homerac7: 3:25pm On Jul 19, 2011
^^^

Sorry, what's ur point wt dt long epistle?

Did Jonathan speak dt bad English as quoted in d bold part? . shocked sad shocked
Re: Airforce Base In Asaba And Warri; Uduaghan Deserve Commendation by 9ja4eva: 4:00pm On Jul 19, 2011
The man needs to go.He is not doing anything period.
Re: Airforce Base In Asaba And Warri; Uduaghan Deserve Commendation by otokx(m): 4:16pm On Jul 19, 2011
^^^^ tell us something
Re: Airforce Base In Asaba And Warri; Uduaghan Deserve Commendation by kpogede77: 6:46pm On Jul 19, 2011
Uduaghan to build 3000 housing unit and a mammy market for airforce at the Osubi airforce base Warri

Re: Airforce Base In Asaba And Warri; Uduaghan Deserve Commendation by kpogede77: 7:10pm On Jul 19, 2011
Uduaghan to build primary and secondary school in the Airforce base which will generate employment for teachers and the base will also generate employment for civilians.

Re: Airforce Base In Asaba And Warri; Uduaghan Deserve Commendation by monkeyleg: 10:14pm On Jul 19, 2011
Mami Market for Osubi? dem wan establish another Asahwo quater. Verry stupid plan. what has the Phucking dog done about completing Asaba airport or any project he starts? Make uduaghan go rest, in a few weeks he will be vacating Government house. Big thief
Re: Airforce Base In Asaba And Warri; Uduaghan Deserve Commendation by Nobody: 8:13am On Jul 20, 2011
These days our idiotic governor is operating on a level of madness I can't comprehend. I beg make 25th reach quick make court sack am. Useless man.
Re: Airforce Base In Asaba And Warri; Uduaghan Deserve Commendation by kpogede77: 4:08am On Jul 21, 2011
the new state is bigger and more viable than Nassarawa state but i am more interested in the break up Nigeria than the state. I can only be interested in the state only in the new peoples republic of Benin.https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?action=logout;sesc=184dcb32f0b11bca95fea0a343151334
Re: Airforce Base In Asaba And Warri; Uduaghan Deserve Commendation by kpogede77: 5:00am On Jul 21, 2011
[b]
By Emma Amaize, Austin Ogwuda & Bulou Kosin

ASABA – A Federal High Court sitting in Asaba, Delta State, yesterday, held that the gubernatorial candidate of the Democratic People’s Party, DPP, Chief Great Ogboru, was not validly nominated for the January 6, 2011 governorship re-run election in the state, the result of which he is currently challenging at the election tribunal also sitting in Asaba.

Trial judge, Justice I. Buba, in his judgment, held that Ogboru was not nominated by 50 registered members of his party, as provided for in the Electoral Act.

The Court of Appeal, Benin City, Edo State had in November, 2010, ordered a re-run election in the state after Governor Emmanuel Uduaghan’s election in the 2007 governorship election was nullified.

However, Chief Ogboru, who reacted to the judgment on phone, said he will appeal the verdict, describing it as “unfortunate and irresponsible”.

The governorship re-run tribunal was scheduled to hear the address of the respective counsel to Governor Uduaghan, Chief Ogboru and INEC today. But it was not clear, yesterday,  whether the tribunal will go on with the matter in view of the High Court judgment.

The judgment followed the suit by the chairman of the PDP in the state, Chief Peter Nwaboshi and his party, challenging the eligibility of Chief Ogboru to contest the election on grounds that he was not validly nominated for the poll by DPP.

Reacting to the judgment, Ogboru said he had  travelled a “similar road” in the past, adding that the judgment was not a “big issue” as far as he was concerned.
Co[/b]
@Monkylegem

the guy don disorganize Ogboru o, wetin Okada riders go do now, abi you wan lead them go protest in court
Re: Airforce Base In Asaba And Warri; Uduaghan Deserve Commendation by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 5:05am On Jul 21, 2011
The base is to fight oil bunkering in the Niger Delta, Shell is behind dis. The oil people dey will be firing on are Niger Deltans.
Re: Airforce Base In Asaba And Warri; Uduaghan Deserve Commendation by Nobody: 9:54am On Jul 21, 2011
kpogede77:

[b]

ASABA – A Federal High Court sitting in Asaba, Delta State, yesterday, held that the gubernatorial candidate of the Democratic People’s Party, DPP, Chief Great Ogboru, was not validly nominated for the January 6, 2011 governorship re-run election in the state, the result of which he is currently challenging at the election tribunal also sitting in Asaba.

Trial judge, Justice I. Buba, in his judgment, held that Ogboru was not nominated by 50 registered members of his party, as provided for in the Electoral Act.

The Court of Appeal, Benin City, Edo State had in November, 2010, ordered a re-run election in the state after Governor Emmanuel Uduaghan’s election in the 2007 governorship election was nullified.

However, Chief Ogboru, who reacted to the judgment on phone, said he will appeal the verdict, describing it as “unfortunate and irresponsible”.

The governorship re-run tribunal was scheduled to hear the address of the respective counsel to Governor Uduaghan, Chief Ogboru and INEC today. But it was not clear, yesterday,  whether the tribunal will go on with the matter in view of the High Court judgment.

The judgment followed the suit by the chairman of the PDP in the state, Chief Peter Nwaboshi and his party, challenging the eligibility of Chief Ogboru to contest the election on grounds that he was not validly nominated for the poll by DPP.

Reacting to the judgment, Ogboru said he had  travelled a “similar road” in the past, adding that the judgment was not a “big issue” as far as he was concerned.
Co[/b]
@Monkylegem

the guy don disorganize Ogboru o, wetin Okada riders go do now, abi you wan lead them go protest in court
CAN'T YOU SEE YOU ARE JUST ANOTHER IDI. OTIC MO RON. Where is it written in the article that Ogboru was disorganized.
Re: Airforce Base In Asaba And Warri; Uduaghan Deserve Commendation by kpogede77: 5:43pm On Jul 21, 2011
Don,t you know the meaning of disorganization? A man who is hopeful of winning a case at the tribunal, who may have appointed Efe Duku as chief of staff government house, Coach Obire as commissioner for sport, Timinimi as commissioner for environment and prepare a list of LG caretaker committee suddenly got a court judgment that he was not validly nominated and therefore not a candidate in the election. You say he is not disorganize, then what is your definition of disorganization
Re: Airforce Base In Asaba And Warri; Uduaghan Deserve Commendation by polokor60(m): 7:00pm On Jul 21, 2011
kpogede77:

[b]

Co[/b]
@Monkylegem

the election tribunal sitting in asaba has dismissed the ruling of the federal high court in asaba annulling the candidacy of great ogboru.the case ll still be on the 25th of july.too bad uduaghan.read the nation and tribune newspaper for more infovernorship election was nullified.

Co[/b]
@Monkylegem

[quote][/quote]the election tribunal sitting in asaba has dismissed the ruling of the federal high court in asaba annulling the candidacy of great ogboru.the case ll still be on the 25th of july.too bad uduaghan.read the nation and tribune newspaper for more info
Re: Airforce Base In Asaba And Warri; Uduaghan Deserve Commendation by kpogede77: 8:24pm On Jul 21, 2011
[b]
Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on July 21, 2011 - 13:11.

Just left the tribunal, and the Judges are not moved by yesterday's federal high court judgment delivered by that corrupt judge called Buba, so the case continues and judgment will be delivered on Monday latest by the Tribunal, justice for all Deltans, Victory for all, Great Ogboru will be in government house come Tuesday next week.

[/b]Update

The above is a quote from some body who just left the tribunal this evening ,so where did you get your report that the tribunal chairman dismissed the judgment. I read Tribune and The Nation today. PLS POST THE LINK
Re: Airforce Base In Asaba And Warri; Uduaghan Deserve Commendation by polokor60(m): 9:43pm On Jul 21, 2011
kpogede77:

[b]
Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on July 21, 2011 - 13:11.

Just left the tribunal, and the Judges are not moved by yesterday's federal high court judgment delivered by that corrupt judge called Buba, so the case continues and judgment will be delivered on Monday latest by the Tribunal, justice for all Deltans, Victory for all, Great Ogboru will be in government house come Tuesday next week.

[/b]Update

The above is a quote from some body who just left the tribunal this evening ,so where did you get your report that the tribunal chairman dismissed the judgment. I read Tribune and The Nation today. PLS POST THE LINK
dude read my comment very well,we re saying the same thing.i ll post the link later on.

(1) (2) (Reply)

There's Neither A Governor In Delta State Nor Any Form Of Government In Warri! / Street Children In Ibadan: Abiodun Adeola's Mission / Akinwunmi Ambode Is Frm Ondo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.