Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,722 members, 7,921,576 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 08:56 AM

Is Smoking Marijuana (weed) A Sin? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Smoking Marijuana (weed) A Sin? (895 Views)

Is SMOKING A SIN / Is Smoking A Sin? / Is Smoking Weed A Sin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Smoking Marijuana (weed) A Sin? by azammi(m): 11:00am On Jun 04, 2022
But still the New Testament says do not call what God created unclean . Can you explain that?
Image123:

God created everything, the old testament clearly showed us that not everything is for consumption especially in wrong proportion. There were animals and birds that were unclean to the Jews for eating, yet God created them. Can you explain that?
Re: Is Smoking Marijuana (weed) A Sin? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:53am On Jun 04, 2022
aswani:

I don't even know why I mentioned Phensic sef, like you I hadn't heard the name for a long time.

grin
Re: Is Smoking Marijuana (weed) A Sin? by Image123(m): 12:24pm On Jun 04, 2022
azammi:
But still the New Testament says do not call what God created unclean . Can you explain that?

Yes i can, after you explain how the old testament clearly showed us that not everything is for consumption especially in wrong proportion. There were animals and birds that were unclean to the Jews for eating, yet God created them.
Re: Is Smoking Marijuana (weed) A Sin? by NNTR: 11:57pm On Jun 04, 2022
emenas:
Nairalanders come oo let’s settle this once and for all.

Is it sinful to smoke weed?
What are the spiritual implications of smoking weed?

Comment with facts and proofs

NNTR:
Sin coming from a bible and/or jewish perspective actually is missing a mark, you might say, falling short of a standard, to fail or be wrong in doing something, so answering your question, smoking marijuana (i.e. weed) simply on the face of it cant be tagged as be sinful or a sin

OK, lets use faeces as a comparison.
Is eating faeces a sin?
What of if your life depends on eating faeces, would you then see eating your own faeces, as sin or be a sinful thing to do?

Might interest you to know that dung beetles, gorillas, cassowaries, koalas, elephants, giant pandas, hippopotamus and rabbits, just naming a few, are good examples who feed on faeces or feed their offsprings with it.

Now, just as eating faeces, isnt necessarily or automatically everyone's cup of tea, so wouldnt smoking Indian hemp, cannabis, igbo, skunk, ganja, gbana, Mary Jane, Marijuana, dope et cetera be for everyone. We alll have different assimilation threshold, some will take a drag of it, and it would cause a damaging irreversible chemical imbalance in the brain, and same thing taken by other, does them no harm.

You would or ought to know your body, and would know what's good for it and whats not beneficial to it. Lastly, if at all its being indulged in, then, moderation, is the warning watchword here.

PS: As for the spiritual implications of smoking weed, its has nothing in connection or in common with spiritual upliftment created by the Holy Spirit

Personal text: Jesus is not a theologian. He is God who told stories.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeYsTmIzjkw

Ephesians 5:18
"And don’t get drunk with wine,
which leads to reckless actions,
but be filled by the Spirit:
'

Personal text: Jesus is not a theologian. He is God who told stories.
Re: Is Smoking Marijuana (weed) A Sin? by azammi(m): 1:29am On Jun 05, 2022
Jesus clearly said it’s not what goes into you that make you unclean but what comes out of you . Those don’t eat this and that doesn’t apply in the New Testament
Image123:

Yes i can, after you explain how the old testament clearly showed us that not everything is for consumption especially in wrong proportion. There were animals and birds that were unclean to the Jews for eating, yet God created them.
Re: Is Smoking Marijuana (weed) A Sin? by Image123(m): 2:20am On Jun 05, 2022
azammi:
Jesus clearly said it’s not what goes into you that make you unclean but what comes out of you . Those don’t eat this and that doesn’t apply in the New Testament

You seem to be answering the question i should answer. You should answer the below on the old testament.

the old testament clearly showed us that not everything is for consumption especially in wrong proportion. There were animals and birds that were unclean to the Jews for eating, yet God created them.
Re: Is Smoking Marijuana (weed) A Sin? by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jun 11, 2022
Image123:

God created everything, the old testament clearly showed us that not everything is for consumption especially in wrong proportion. There were animals and birds that were unclean to the Jews for eating, yet God created them. Can you explain that?

God did not create anything unclean. All that is unclean in this earth including our very carnal human nature were as a result of the fall of man. I believe man wasn't the only creature that was affected after the fall. Animals were also affected and it changed their nature.

For example God didn't create lion to be a beast and kill just as the bible says God appointed only plants for man and animals as food. After sin, we started to eat meat and kill our food whereas it wasn't so from the beginning

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Saw Over 200 Priests Entering ASO Rock / [Update] Eternal Verities [Part Fourteen] / Pastor Jerry Eze Replied Daddy Freeze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.