Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,170 members, 7,880,658 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 11:59 PM

2023: Only One APC Presidential Candidate Kicked Against Consensus - Oyegun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Only One APC Presidential Candidate Kicked Against Consensus - Oyegun (546 Views)

Wike Kicks Against Consensus Candidate For PDP / 2023: SWAGA Kicks Against Consensus Presidential Candidacy In APC / Why I Kicked Against My Wife’s Third Term — TINUBU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

2023: Only One APC Presidential Candidate Kicked Against Consensus - Oyegun by PrinceOfLagos: 4:25am On Jun 04, 2022
Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential screening committee, John Oyegun, has claimed 99 percent of its presidential aspirants agreed to support a consensus candidate.

According to him, there was “only one exception”, although he did not mention any names.

Oyegun disclosed this while presenting the committee’s report to the National Chairman of the party, Abdullahi Adamu, on Friday.

“We engaged every aspirant on the issue of consensus. It is a pleasant surprise that 99 percent agreed that the party is supreme. And that whatever the party decides – with proper consultation – they will likely accept.

“Only one exception, who said I will accept consensus only if it is for me. I think it is a point that needs to be made and emphasised.

“So that gives you a lot of leeway in the hours ahead to trim down even more drastically.

“But finally we think we should not be afraid of a contested primary if anybody insists on a contest,” Oyegun said.

https://dailypost.ng/2022/06/03/2023-only-one-apc-presidential-aspirant-kicked-against-consensus-candidate-oyegun/

Mynd44 Oam4j lalasticlala

Re: 2023: Only One APC Presidential Candidate Kicked Against Consensus - Oyegun by PrinceOfLagos: 4:25am On Jun 04, 2022
I know it's Ashiere Tinubu, the disgraced "audio" APC national leader

I wonder what will be left of that old corrupt man after Tuesday grin cheesy grin

Re: 2023: Only One APC Presidential Candidate Kicked Against Consensus - Oyegun by SimplePlan34: 4:29am On Jun 04, 2022
Wow this is done end for jagaban
Re: 2023: Only One APC Presidential Candidate Kicked Against Consensus - Oyegun by PrinceOfLagos: 4:30am On Jun 04, 2022
SimplePlan34:
Wow this is done end for jagaban
Don't call him jagaban, he's not jagaban

He doesn't deserve such title, call him a fool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Only One APC Presidential Candidate Kicked Against Consensus - Oyegun by yinkus6750(m): 4:38am On Jun 04, 2022
Only a desperate person will insist he must be the only one.
Whats the intention behind the ambition ?
Re: 2023: Only One APC Presidential Candidate Kicked Against Consensus - Oyegun by Realist12: 4:40am On Jun 04, 2022
Even PDP did a primary and it produced a Northerner as their candidate. It will be catastrophic for APC to agree on a Northerner. If APC produces a weak southern candidate , then Atiku has won the presidential race . Is that what the south want ?
Let democratic primary election take place .
Re: 2023: Only One APC Presidential Candidate Kicked Against Consensus - Oyegun by MMWandali: 5:23am On Jun 04, 2022
Everyone knows that already

And everyone knows who he is

It's harvest time

Vote Dem Out - VDO
Re: 2023: Only One APC Presidential Candidate Kicked Against Consensus - Oyegun by PrinceOfLagos: 5:47am On Jun 04, 2022
Hmmm
Re: 2023: Only One APC Presidential Candidate Kicked Against Consensus - Oyegun by Truthisunique2: 6:02am On Jun 04, 2022
grin I swear tilumbu is overrated

See the ease with which they kicked him out,

Life ambition no even scale party hurdle,

E sure me say his name is already in the disqualified list, he is the reason the list exist in the first place
Re: 2023: Only One APC Presidential Candidate Kicked Against Consensus - Oyegun by ivandragon: 6:19am On Jun 04, 2022
The irony of all this rigmarole is that BAT might actually be the one for whom PMB is pushing for a consensus...
Re: 2023: Only One APC Presidential Candidate Kicked Against Consensus - Oyegun by Yobabad: 6:28am On Jun 04, 2022
Tinubu is too desperate and should not be given the ticket.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Only One APC Presidential Candidate Kicked Against Consensus - Oyegun by Kingpin1000: 6:41am On Jun 04, 2022
Realist12:
Even PDP did a primary and it produced a Northerner as their candidate. It will be catastrophic for APC to agree on a Northerner. If APC produces a weak southern candidate , then Atiku has won the presidential race . Is that what the south want ?
Let democratic primary election take place .
South as in Yoruba?
Oga go sleep for dustbin. A southerner was in Power your tribe foisted a northern disaster, now other parts of the south will pay you in your own coin.
You think you can blackmail us with south, e no work we will vote anyone other than Tinubu.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Only One APC Presidential Candidate Kicked Against Consensus - Oyegun by galaxy2020(m): 7:04am On Jun 04, 2022
We know him, the one chasing his life ambition grin
Re: 2023: Only One APC Presidential Candidate Kicked Against Consensus - Oyegun by Faber(m): 7:05am On Jun 04, 2022
As you kicked against consensus, then you will not be the consensus candidate.

A typical democrat will say: " well am not above the people or the party. Should the party said they are going for consensus, then we key in, though it risks disintegration and undermines a true democratic process of giving every contestant a level playing field"

But Bobo Chigao come shout: " it's my turn, am not in support of consensus"
Seems man is on steroids, what if you're the consensus candidate the party intend to bring on.
Re: 2023: Only One APC Presidential Candidate Kicked Against Consensus - Oyegun by Mynd44: 7:16am On Jun 04, 2022

(1)

Likely Choices For Tinubu’s VP Candidate / Peter Obi Defeats Tinubu, Atiku In Opinion Polls / Real Reason LP Candidate Peter Obi Is In Egypt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.