Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,908 members, 7,872,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 04:53 AM

Scholarship Vs Funding - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Scholarship Vs Funding (156 Views)

Wellcome Trust International Master’s Scholarships (£120,000 Funding) / Buhari Government Worst In Education Funding – ASUU / "FG Should Give Special Funding To Private Universities"-Alaafin Of Oyo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Scholarship Vs Funding by Nobody: 7:10am On Jun 04, 2022
I was reading through some of the old treads here and I noticed that some persons mix up these two terms so I decided to address this here.

Scholarship is a payment or award that is awarded on the basis of academic performance or other achievements. Student usually have access to scholarships. Scholarships can come from external sources, not necessarily the university.

Funding on the other hand means money provided by a university to help their students finance their education. So basically, the university pays the tuition and might still employ you as a graduate assistant or research assistant where you get paid. Funding is usually available for thesis or research students.

P.S: If you're interested in getting a free video workshop created by a Nigerian Seyi Obasi who was able to successfully relocate herself and her family to Canada through the study route and has helped several other people achieve their dream of relocating to Canada, send me a DM on whatsapp 08160940726 to get access to the workshop where you learn step by step how to relocate to Canada and become a Canadian permanent resident using the study route.
Re: Scholarship Vs Funding by Nobody: 7:12am On Jun 04, 2022
Reach me on WhatsApp now, the video workshop won't be up for long
RabiahUsman11:

I was reading through some of the old treads here and I noticed that some persons mix up these two terms so I decided to address this here.

Scholarship is a payment or award that is awarded on the basis of academic performance or other achievements. Student usually have access to scholarships. Scholarships can come from external sources, not necessarily the university.

Funding on the other hand means money provided by a university to help their students finance their education. So basically, the university pays the tuition and might still employ you as a graduate assistant or research assistant where you get paid. Funding is usually available for thesis or research students.

P.S: If you're interested in getting a free video workshop created by a Nigerian Seyi Obasi who was able to successfully relocate herself and her family to Canada through the study route and has helped several other people achieve their dream of relocating to Canada, send me a DM on whatsapp 08160940726 to get access to the workshop where you learn step by step how to relocate to Canada and become a Canadian permanent resident using the study route.

(1) (Reply)

Microsoft Azure Training / FG: New Education Curriculum Focused On Skills, Entrepreneurship Underway / School Of Nursing, Gwagwalada 2022/2023 Session Admission Forms Are On Sales.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.