Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,489 members, 7,901,390 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 09:26 AM

You Can't Have Me) Chapter 1: A Novel By Beauty - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / You Can't Have Me) Chapter 1: A Novel By Beauty (114 Views)

Every Woman In This Village Is A Liar : Novel By Ndifreke Ukpong / Why Do People Think They Can't Have Basic Life Withouth Fruad? / Yar Aiki Return Complete Hausa Novel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

You Can't Have Me) Chapter 1: A Novel By Beauty by Lightreaderstor: 8:48am On Jun 04, 2022
"Mum, am going to make our lives better” Gloria stood in front of the mirror and made some adjustment on her hair.

“How exactly do you plan to do that?, it is our fate that we should not have anything in life, the Benson family have been so kind and generous to us , we should be thankful for what we’ve got my child” her mother said preparing to go to bed after a long day of servicing the Benson's.

“You may be contented mom, but i'm not, and I should not be asked to be either.”

“Times are bad my child be grateful for what you have.”

“Needless to talk to her, she wouldn’t understand how I feel and how humiliated I feel living in this house!" Gloria murmured as she took one more look at herself in the mirror and bend over to take her bag, she put a little lipstick on and adjust every part of her body.

Satisfy the way she looks she made her way outside.

“How do I leave this place without anyone seeing me?” she stood there wondering because the glorified mother of the house has put in some warning across to her mother asking that she does not want to see Gloria leave the house without her permission.

Is not as if Gloria is working in that house,  it is her mother who is a maid in that house not Gloria but the glorified mother of the house wants to use both Gloria and her mother as maid without paying Gloria.

They have come to live in that mansion because they lost everything they had when their father died. Gloria has stop schooling and had started helping her mother in her maid job in the Benson’s family.

“Will I continue my life this way without no recognition what so ever?” she reasoned. She has been working in this house for a year and some months, but she wasn't  allowed to come out where people are, no one even know she exist because she is  not to make herself seen by any members of the family, she's not allow to do that, it will be considered a taboo.”

The Benson’s have two sons whom Gloria have not seen before but only heard about them from her mother.

“Why can’t I go into the main building?” She has ask her mother once.

“Because you are not to set eyes on the Benson’s boys.” Her mother had said.

“And what do I have to do with the Benson’s boys?” She has ask not knowing what her seeing them means to the Bensons.

“I don’t know my dear but rules must be obeyed, it is an ordered from Mrs. Katherine, that is the only condition she gave me before you are allowed to stay here with me” her mother had said.

“Oh, Ok, I don’t even want to meet them, I will do all it takes to stay away from their way, I will just stay here for a few mothers then I will find my way”

“You don’t have to leave, you can stay here with me. just make sure you are not seen by the glorified mother’s son” her mother warns her.

Continue reading on this link below ���

https://story.lightreader.com/226751866275495936/1/1779529

(1) (Reply)

Bbnaija Shine Ya Eye Reunion Day 4: Tega Tackles Pere While Queen And Boma React / Nigeria And The Offshoots Of Optimism / My Cheap Data Bundles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.