Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,617 members, 7,888,970 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 07:29 PM

Need Help On How I Can Upload My Wordpress Blog To Server/internet- - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Need Help On How I Can Upload My Wordpress Blog To Server/internet- (633 Views)

How Do I Transfer My Wordpress website to replace an existing website in Cpanel / How Can I Upload My Site That I Created With Joomla To Internet / How To Upload Mysql Database To Server (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Help On How I Can Upload My Wordpress Blog To Server/internet- by alphykool(m): 9:58am On Jul 19, 2011
Hello,
Please, I need a guide on how I can have my wordpress blog uploaded to my host server or internet so that it could be visible.
Thank you in anticipation to your reply.
Alphykool
Re: Need Help On How I Can Upload My Wordpress Blog To Server/internet- by farouqzaib: 12:23pm On Jul 19, 2011
First of, u need to get an FTP client(I recommend Filezilla - do a google search(don't ask me)), I suppose you have the credentials for the domain you are uploading to. After downloading Filezilla, fill in the "host", "username" and "password" fields and then click "Quickconnect"(not the drop deown menu). What you see afterwards depends on you host. You should navigate to either "www", or "public_html" folder. YOu should then upload files into that folder. The public facing folder may differ, ask ur host or something. Hope I helped.
Re: Need Help On How I Can Upload My Wordpress Blog To Server/internet- by Mobinga: 1:10pm On Jul 19, 2011
^Never seen a better answer.
Re: Need Help On How I Can Upload My Wordpress Blog To Server/internet- by alphykool(m): 2:35pm On Jul 19, 2011
Hi Farouqzaib,
Thanks you so much for your suggested help. I really appreciate, and I just have to apply it right away!
Bless U!
Re: Need Help On How I Can Upload My Wordpress Blog To Server/internet- by farouqzaib: 2:36pm On Jul 19, 2011
Glad I could help. Safe!
Re: Need Help On How I Can Upload My Wordpress Blog To Server/internet- by rajiade: 6:14pm On Jul 19, 2011
instead of going through the rigourious process of using an ftp client to upload you wordpress file, i guess your webhost should support softaculous of. If it does, then all you just need di is to acess the softaculos client through your cpanel and select wordpress from the blog category. Your domain would already be listed, just fill the small form and install. Thats all bro.

(1) (Reply)

Over 44, 000 Links To My Blog / Business Plan/company Profile For Your Business / Permanent Work From Home. No Signup Fees. Absolutely Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.