Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,312 members, 7,881,143 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 01:17 PM

Cristiano Ronaldo Extend His Tally Of International Goals To 117 With His Brace - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Cristiano Ronaldo Extend His Tally Of International Goals To 117 With His Brace (763 Views)

Ronaldo Breaks Ali Daei's Record For International Goals / Cristiano Ronaldo's Five Best International Goals / Ronaldo Vows To Break The All-Time International Goals Record Of 109 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cristiano Ronaldo Extend His Tally Of International Goals To 117 With His Brace by obembet(f): 10:01pm On Jun 05, 2022
Portugal defeated Switzerland 4-0 at the Estádio José Alvalade to win for the first time in Group A2 of the new UEFA Nations League (UNL) campaign.

Cristiano Ronaldo was unstoppable in his return to his footballing birthplace, scoring twice in four minutes to record 117 international goals.

There were no early indicators of the devastation, and the Swiss may have been the first to strike at Sporting Lisbon's home.

Ronaldo blasted low through the wall with a trademark puff of his cheeks, only for Gregor Kobel to save his effort with a deflection off Kevin Mbabu's foot. But, in the blink of an eye, frustration transformed to elation when the rebound dropped to Carvalho, who scored his fifth international goal.

The floodgates erupted, Ronaldo made it 2-0 with a superb finish following a combination play from Bruno Fernandes and Diogo Jota.

With Portugal in complete control, Ronaldo's second goal was obviously a foregone conclusion – and it came just four minutes later, when he tapped in a rebound after Jota's shot was mishandled by Kobel, putting the game out of reach before halftime.

Ronaldo thought he had scored a hat-trick against the Swiss once more, capping off another sweeping counterattack shortly after half-time under the careful eye of his distraught mother in the stands.

The elation, however, was fleeting, as Otavio had strayed offside during the build-up, much to Ronaldo's chagrin. That didn't matter much, as Cancelo quickly made it four by nicking the ball off the onrushing Kobel's feet and passing into an empty net.

Portugal has has only lost once in 14 UNL games, and has won eight of the 13 games played at the Estadio Jose Alvalade this century.

With three defeats in the last four games following a dream start to his term, Swiss coach Murat Yakin is under enormous pressure.

Source: https://twitter.com/goal/status/1533548762504876033?t=Tstgz8ZM7glwmw1Zr6XOKA&s=19

Lalasticlala
Seun
mynd44
Mukina2
dominique

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Extend His Tally Of International Goals To 117 With His Brace by uchaymart(m): 10:03pm On Jun 05, 2022
The older the better ..

2 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Extend His Tally Of International Goals To 117 With His Brace by kenzysmith: 10:06pm On Jun 05, 2022
Ronaldo is the greatest of all time what a player

3 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Extend His Tally Of International Goals To 117 With His Brace by Kilishihunter: 10:06pm On Jun 05, 2022
So this is what Pendu has been enjoying in Europe all these years
Ehn Obembet?

6 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Extend His Tally Of International Goals To 117 With His Brace by obembet(f): 10:09pm On Jun 05, 2022
uchaymart:
The older the better ..

Am telling u..

Some idiots fans now argument on that Messi scored 5 Goals against lower team which is true and some idiots fans will arguments that Ronaldo scored only 2. To me I think we should praise both goats

2 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Extend His Tally Of International Goals To 117 With His Brace by kenzysmith: 10:13pm On Jun 05, 2022
obembet:

Am telling u..

Some idiots fans now argument on that Messi scored 5 Goals against lower team even though it's true and some idiots fans will arguments that Ronaldo scored only 2 but some lovely, Respected, genius and true football will praise both goats
this English get as he be ooo chai

3 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Extend His Tally Of International Goals To 117 With His Brace by chatinent: 10:26pm On Jun 05, 2022
Nothing concern me with CR7. My mind just dey on those people killed in Owo.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Extend His Tally Of International Goals To 117 With His Brace by Favaman(m): 10:29pm On Jun 05, 2022
obembet:

Am telling u..

Some idiots fans now argument on that Messi scored 5 Goals against lower team even though it's true and some idiots fans will arguments that Ronaldo scored only 2 but some lovely, Respected, genius and true football will praise both goats

Shut up.. E pain you say Messi score five goals in one meeting, what your pendulum couldn't do in four meetings. That is why you created this thread to massage your bruised ego for cr7..
No forget say Messi also scored two against the same Switzerland some years back and that time they(Switzerland) were stronger this!!
grin grin

Na una talk say European tough pass cops America. Messi just tasted what ronaldo has been using to statspad.

If Messi had been playing European qualifier, he could've gotten 150+ int'l goals.

Make FIFA give Argentina friendly with Luxembourg, I want check something grin grin

See stats padding..

Cc: ghettokid paulolee where una dey na?

7 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Extend His Tally Of International Goals To 117 With His Brace by EmzyT: 10:31pm On Jun 05, 2022
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Extend His Tally Of International Goals To 117 With His Brace by paulolee(m): 10:32pm On Jun 05, 2022
messi scored 5 against Almighty eatonia, dt thread wont reach fp bt na dis cr7 scoring a brace would sounds better to them..
dnt av much to say...just saw dt video of church killing n it broke me....rip to the departed
Messi would forever b my GOAT

6 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Extend His Tally Of International Goals To 117 With His Brace by paulolee(m): 10:34pm On Jun 05, 2022
Favaman:

Shut up.. E pain you say Messi score five goals in one meeting, what your pendulum couldn't do in four meetings. That is why you created this thread to massage your bruised ego for cr7..
No forget say Messi also scored two against the same Switzerland some years back and that time they(Switzerland) were stronger this!!
grin grin

Na una talk say European tough pass cops America. Messi just tasted what ronaldo has been using to statspad.

If Messi had been playing European qualifier, he could've gotten 150+ int'l goals.

Make FIFA give Argentina friendly with Luxembourg, I want check something grin grin

See stats padding..
I swear...Argentina fa are working on more friendlies against Malta, gilbrata, luxemburg, faroe island moldovia n Trinidad..

5 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Extend His Tally Of International Goals To 117 With His Brace by Favaman(m): 10:35pm On Jun 05, 2022
paulolee:
k

Comrade, I salute you, I been dey wait for you for your vawulence... Sha me don drop some sha, na about 20kilo, you fit give us like 100 or so

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Extend His Tally Of International Goals To 117 With His Brace by Favaman(m): 10:36pm On Jun 05, 2022
paulolee:

I swear...Argentina fa are working on more friendlies against Malta, gilbrata, luxemburg, faroe island moldovia n Trinidad..

grin

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Extend His Tally Of International Goals To 117 With His Brace by paulolee(m): 10:37pm On Jun 05, 2022
obembet:

Am telling u..

respect both goats bt messi won a trophy last week n u went silent n turned a blind eye..
messi scored 5 goals against estonia n u didnt hear about it..
assuming messi lost dt cup or lost against Estonia, una for jus create thread n put for fp..
cr7 scored 2 goals n u rush create thread dt would end in FP before tomorrow evening....
u and the mods should continue ur sentiments n bias..
I know u all secretly like messi n enjoy watching him than cr7 but una no wan admit am..

5 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Extend His Tally Of International Goals To 117 With His Brace by paulolee(m): 10:40pm On Jun 05, 2022
kenzysmith:
Ronaldo is the greatest of all time what a player
because he scored 2 goals against same Switzerland dt messi did a brace against d last time deu played..
na u know why u de call am goat...if goat is just goals, we for no de hear names like maradona bcoz he scored less goals BT won trophies n very influential in games.
messi currently gat more trophies and balloons...cnt wait to see ur goat in Europa to break more goals record n u continue calling him goat..

5 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Extend His Tally Of International Goals To 117 With His Brace by paulolee(m): 10:42pm On Jun 05, 2022
Favaman:

Comrade, I salute you, I been dey wait for you for your vawulence... Sha me don drop some sha, na about 20kilo, you fit give us like 100 or so
na normal vawulence o....no peace of penaldo fans..
Messi won cup n scored 5 goals, we saw nothing...just 2 tapins, him rush de create thread..

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Extend His Tally Of International Goals To 117 With His Brace by Treasure17(m): 10:43pm On Jun 05, 2022
chatinent:
Nothing concern me with CR7. My mind just dey on those people killed in Owo.
May their souls rest in peace. Very sad.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Extend His Tally Of International Goals To 117 With His Brace by 2dominate: 12:00am On Jun 06, 2022
paulolee:

respect both goats bt messi won a trophy last week n u went silent n turned a blind eye..
messi scored 5 goals against estonia n u didnt hear about it..
assuming messi lost dt cup or lost against Estonia, una for jus create thread n put for fp..
cr7 scored 2 goals n u rush create thread dt would end in FP before tomorrow evening....
u and the mods should continue ur sentiments n bias..
Sometimes when i see this her posts i feel like deleting it but then i remember that its just nairaland.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Extend His Tally Of International Goals To 117 With His Brace by ThierryJay: 12:13am On Jun 06, 2022
Lol, Obembet will never disappoint with her petty style: Ignore Messi's triumphs and celebrate Wasiu's irrelevancies.

Messi has scored 5 goals in a single match against the European opposition Ronaldo so loved to statpad against, yet it's the 2 tap-ins Ronaldo scored that's worthy of front page. Messi won MOTM in the Euro-Conmebol super cup with an outstanding display orchestrating the destruction of the European champions, yet he was ignored on Nairaland.

The great thing is that although you created this thread for Wasiu, na Messi we go use am celebrate. The GOAT can never be hidden under Obembet and Nairaland mod's putrid bias.

It's obvious that if Messi were also playing the likes of Estonia, Moldova, Liechestein, Andorra, Faroe Islands, San Marino and so many other bricklaying teams every year like Ronaldo does, he'd be the highest national goalscorer with not less than 200 goals for Argentina by now.

I'm just happy that Messi had a taste of what the best and worst of European team had to offer all within a week, and he laid them both to waste. A big L for the dunces downplaying the Copa and saying Argentina wouldn't cut it against European opposition.

5 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Extend His Tally Of International Goals To 117 With His Brace by Jokerman(m): 12:40am On Jun 06, 2022
Lol... too many Pessi fans on this thread.... grin
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Extend His Tally Of International Goals To 117 With His Brace by paulolee(m): 6:47am On Jun 06, 2022
Jokerman:
Lol... too many Pessi fans on this thread.... grin
Because we are all tired of this penaldo monik always feeding us cr7 news n ignoring messi... It should be a level playing ground for both na...but penaldians say its must be only cr7

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Extend His Tally Of International Goals To 117 With His Brace by Vinnie2000(m): 6:48am On Jun 06, 2022
Nice one from C. Ronaldo.
Portugal got Cancelo, Bernado Silva, Bruno fernandez, Jota, Andre Silva and several high quality players.
They have no excuse not to succeed!
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Extend His Tally Of International Goals To 117 With His Brace by Vinnie2000(m): 6:59am On Jun 06, 2022
But if this Argentina team led by Lionel Messi go on to win the Qatar 2022 FIFA World cup,
Hmm, i seriously wonder wetin go happen to this OP and Cr7/Man u fans in general

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Extend His Tally Of International Goals To 117 With His Brace by Nobody: 7:16am On Jun 06, 2022
ThierryJay:
Lol, Obe.mbet will never disappoint with her petty style: Ignore Messi's triumphs and celebrate Wasiu's irrelevancies.

Messi has scored 5 goals in a single match against the European opposition Ronaldo so loved to statpad against, yet it's the 2 tap-ins Ronaldo scored that's worthy of front page. Messi won MOTM in the Euro-Conmebol super cup with an outstanding display orchestrating the destruction of the European champions, yet he was ignored on Nairaland.

The great thing is that although you created this thread for Wasiu, na Messi we go use am celebrate. The GOAT can never be hidden under Obembet and Nairaland mod's putrid bias.

It's obvious that if Messi were also playing the likes of Estonia, Moldova, Liechestein, Andorra, Faroe Islands, San Marino and so many other bricklaying teams every year like Ronaldo does, he'd be the highest national goalscorer with not less than 200 goals for Argentina by now.

I'm just happy that Messi had a taste of what the best and worst of European team had to offer all within a week, and he laid them both to waste. A big L for the dunces downplaying the Copa and saying Argentina wouldn't cut it against European opposition.

Bro, obembe.t is a guy with hairy balls. We knew when he joined nl grin grin grin
All those female identity is just a mirage.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Extend His Tally Of International Goals To 117 With His Brace by gurunlocker: 8:17am On Jun 06, 2022
If this topic gets to the FP, then this will confirm the frequent complain of this website mod bias.

In fact, I'm sure that if Messi didn't had a better night than Pendu, this topic will be on the FP already. But as usual, they will always find a way to ridicule anything Messi does, same thing Pendu has been doing for years.

They didn't remember Estonia is ranked 110 when Pendu played them in World cup qualifier home and away grin, but they suddenly remember when Messi played them and exposed what we've been saying about European teams having more minnows than big teams.

Hopefully Messi can as well play Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Estonia, Andorra, Faroe Islands and more minnows so as to enjoy the stat padding as well grin grin grin

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

2 Odds+ Winning Train� / Ballon D’or Winners By Country / Why Is None Of Pele's Sons A Football Star?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.