Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,632 members, 7,951,627 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 07:47 PM

Consensus Candidate Our Best Option - Buhari Insists - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Consensus Candidate Our Best Option - Buhari Insists (690 Views)

I Have Made Nigeria Better, Buhari Insists Despite Evidence To The Contrary - PT / Buhari Insists Adamu Is Preferred Candidate For APC Chair / Buhari Insists On Cattle Grazing Routes To Resolve Herders/Farmers Clashes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Consensus Candidate Our Best Option - Buhari Insists by SATANICALLY666: 8:29am On Jun 06, 2022
President Muhammadu Buhari last night renewed his push for a consensus presidential candidate for the All Progressives Congress (APC).

He expressed confidence that the ruling party would retain the presidential seat next year.

Speaking during a meeting of the APC’s National Advisory Council (NAC) at the Villa, he said: ”My charge and appeal to all of you, therefore, is to reach out to your various spheres of influence to actively promote the spirit of consultation and consensus building so that a formidable candidate for the 2023 Presidential elections would emerge from the convention. Our citizens do not expect less from us.”

The President first hinted of the consensus idea during a meeting with APC governors.

He said in the circumstances, in order to prevent any post-convention acrimonies and also reduce noticeable anxiety among members on the possible outcome of the process, the party leadership has recommended the intensification of consultation and consensus building to reduce the number of aspirants at the convention.

At the meeting were former Internal Affairs Minister Maj.-Gen. Mohammed Magoro, pioneer Chairman/former Osun State governor Chief Bisi Akande and former Senate President Ken Nnamani.

Admitting that the party leaders have diverse interests, spheres of influence and expectations, he said: “You similarly possess the collective ability to ensure our victory at the 2023 polls by strengthening the stability and unity of the party.

He promised to lead the transition processes and on-going consultations, “till we successfully choose our candidate for the 2023 presidential elections and record our third straight victory, thereafter, by God’s grace. We are on the way towards winning our third straight victory since 2015.”

The party’s convention which starts today, will climax tomorrow with the emergence of the presidential candidate.

https://thenationonlineng.net/consensus-candidate-our-best-option-buhari-insists/

Re: Consensus Candidate Our Best Option - Buhari Insists by successmatters(m): 8:30am On Jun 06, 2022
Consensus or no consensus, there is no candidate on the list of APC that can rule this country better than Mr. Peter Obi.

We all know the truth, but fear of getting it right is holding the country back.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Consensus Candidate Our Best Option - Buhari Insists by PrinceOfLagos: 8:31am On Jun 06, 2022
Then go ahead sir, I'm whole heartedly behind you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Consensus Candidate Our Best Option - Buhari Insists by DriverX: 8:31am On Jun 06, 2022
human goverment has failed.
Re: Consensus Candidate Our Best Option - Buhari Insists by PrinceOfLagos: 8:32am On Jun 06, 2022
DriverX:
human goverment has failed.
Why?

I thought you guys claimed Buhari endorsed ACN block to produce the audio presidential flag bearer ?

1 Like

Re: Consensus Candidate Our Best Option - Buhari Insists by maxiart2(m): 8:34am On Jun 06, 2022
Okay.
Re: Consensus Candidate Our Best Option - Buhari Insists by God1000(m): 8:35am On Jun 06, 2022
And Osinbajo is the man that will emerge victorious
Re: Consensus Candidate Our Best Option - Buhari Insists by Truthisunique2: 8:36am On Jun 06, 2022
Yes o

Tilumbu newspaper say it without crying

1 Like

Re: Consensus Candidate Our Best Option - Buhari Insists by Truthisunique2: 8:37am On Jun 06, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

Why?

I thought you guys claimed Buhari endorsed ACN block to produce the audio presidential flag bearer ?

lol

Self consolment always have expiring date

Tilumbu newspaper falling in line to reality

1 Like

Re: Consensus Candidate Our Best Option - Buhari Insists by Opolopoopolonio: 8:38am On Jun 06, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

Why?

You will cry blood when Osinbajo eventually emerges... grin
Re: Consensus Candidate Our Best Option - Buhari Insists by Truthisunique2: 8:38am On Jun 06, 2022
Opolopoopolonio:

You will cry blood when Osinbajo eventually emerges... grin
ok na osinbajo be una new goal post now grin cheesy

For buhari osinbajo is just a Tinubu supporter

I know you would eventually shift goal post to "at least south got it when amaechi emerge"

1 Like

Re: Consensus Candidate Our Best Option - Buhari Insists by PrinceOfLagos: 8:39am On Jun 06, 2022
Truthisunique2:
lol

Self consolment always have expiring date

Tilumbu newspaper falling in line to reality
The moderators are the ones encouraging them to keep peddling fake news

Did you see how they were jumping up and down the whole place on Thursday claiming that Buhari endorsed the ACN block to produce APC presidential flag bearer..

I even created a thread to counter there lies grin

1 Like

Re: Consensus Candidate Our Best Option - Buhari Insists by WibusJaga: 8:40am On Jun 06, 2022
cool

I stand with the pee-poo's president...

Re: Consensus Candidate Our Best Option - Buhari Insists by Truthisunique2: 8:43am On Jun 06, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

The moderators are the ones encouraging them to keep peddling fake news

Did you see how they were jumping up and down the whole place on Thursday claiming that Buhari endorsed the ACN block to produce APC presidential flag bearer..

I even created a thread to counter there lies grin
lol, it was really pathetic watching them grab that straw

They went from we would insist on open primaries to jubilating that buhari have asked them to do consensus
Re: Consensus Candidate Our Best Option - Buhari Insists by Opolopoopolonio: 8:43am On Jun 06, 2022
Truthisunique2:
ok na osinbajo be una new goal post now grin cheesy

For buhari osinbajo is just a Tinubu supporter

I know you would eventually shift goal post to "at least south got it when amaechi emerge"

I have always been an Osinbajo man.

Ameachi stands no chance. embarassed
Re: Consensus Candidate Our Best Option - Buhari Insists by Truthisunique2: 8:44am On Jun 06, 2022
Opolopoopolonio:

I have always been an Osinbajo man.

Ameachi stands no chance. embarassed
yeah amaechi stands no chance in your dreams

Unfortunately he is the choice of buhari who owns apc for hand
Re: Consensus Candidate Our Best Option - Buhari Insists by gozmok1(m): 8:45am On Jun 06, 2022
Personally, I think Tinubu would have probably become the next president if he had allowed Ambode to remain Lagos governor, had spoken out and condemned the spate of insecurities in the country, supported amotekun, allowed most of his followers to get some certain key positions in government and if he had spoken out when Sunday Igboho was arrested...

Jagaban is a great strategist but he always act like he's a fulani slave. Those bastards are running riot in his region and he keeps mum because he doesn't want to get them upset..
Re: Consensus Candidate Our Best Option - Buhari Insists by Truthisunique2: 8:46am On Jun 06, 2022
gozmok1:
Personally, I think Tinubu would have probably become the next president if he had allowed Ambode to remain Lagos governor, had spoken out and condemned the spate of insecurities in the country, supported amotekun, allowed most of his followers to get some certain key positions in government and if he had spoken out when Sunday Igboho was arrested...

Jagaban is a great strategist but he always act like he's a fulani slave. Those bastards are running riot in his region and he keeps mum because he doesn't want to get them upset..
you don join tilumbu bot?

Wait o, all those hailing bots don fizzle out

Princeoflagos
Re: Consensus Candidate Our Best Option - Buhari Insists by Opolopoopolonio: 8:46am On Jun 06, 2022
Truthisunique2:
yeah amaechi stands no chance in your dreams

Unfortunately he is the choice of buhari who owns apc for hand

Buhari can never choose Amaechi. Wake up.
Re: Consensus Candidate Our Best Option - Buhari Insists by Truthisunique2: 8:47am On Jun 06, 2022
Opolopoopolonio:

Buhari can never choose Amaechi. Wake up.
grin

Be preparing your rataki to drink o

Tilumbu urchins where more certain about some "illusions" than you before reality humbled them

Buhari would not support an osinbajo that would reconcile with tinubu tomorrow and drain NIGERIA
Re: Consensus Candidate Our Best Option - Buhari Insists by duro4chang(m): 8:49am On Jun 06, 2022
successmatters:
Consensus or no consensus, there is no candidate on the list of APC that can rule this country better than Mr. Peter Obi.

We all know the truth, but fear of getting it right is holding the country back.
Is Obi in APC?

(1) (Reply)

APC Presidential Primary: Yahaya Bello Is Winning / I See A Tinubu/dogara Ticket / The Honest Truth About Muslim-muslim Ticket In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.