Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,780 members, 7,875,938 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 03:41 AM

Matthew 26:41 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Matthew 26:41 (357 Views)

41-Day Fasting Lands Ebonyi Student In Hospitalised / Bringing Out The Leader In You (3) - Matthew 26:36-39 / Leadership: A Call To A Higher Life - Matthew 26:36-39, Mark 3: 13-15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Matthew 26:41 by Ever8090: 3:05pm On Jun 06, 2022
I bring you greetings in the name of our lord Jesus Christ

.."watch and pray that ye fall not into temptation. The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak"..

Brethren, this is the word of our lord Jesus Christ, to strengthen us in this perilous time.

A lot of us are facing Various degree of troubles, we are faced with different challenges ranging from financial, marital, mental, emotional and spiritual and the only way out as a Christian and a child of God is to be prayerful to him who is capable of lifting us out of our troubles to the glory of his name..

As a child of God, the trying of your faith is a thing of joy, when you finally overcome the trials, you walk into a new life of God's grace and love.

Do not give up, keep the faith, fight the fight no matter how though it is, your God whom ye serve will never leave you alone to in the hands of your troubles, he will step in at the right time and perfect all things for you.

I leave you with this...be strong and courageous..

The peace of our lord Jesus Christ be with you all...

2 Likes

Re: Matthew 26:41 by Kobojunkie: 4:21pm On Jun 06, 2022
Ever8090:
Brethren, this is the word of our lord Jesus Christ, to strengthen us in this perilous time.

A lot of us are facing Various degree of troubles, we are faced with different challenges ranging from financial, marital, mental, emotional and spiritual and the only way out as a Christian and a child of God is to be prayerful to him who is capable of lifting us out of our troubles to the glory of his name..

As a child of God, the trying of your faith is a thing of joy, when you finally overcome the trials, you walk into a new life of God's grace and love.

Do not give up, keep the faith, fight the fight no matter how though it is, your God whom ye serve will never leave you alone to in the hands of your troubles, he will step in at the right time and perfect all things for you.
Jesus Christ said anyone who does not abandon family/marriage, Job/career, finances, etc., for His sake is not worthy of Him. He explained that it is only those who loose it all in order to follow Him that will save their lives - Matthew 10 vs 34 - 39. undecided

So is one who hangs on to the cares and worries of this world a child of God to begin with? undecided
Re: Matthew 26:41 by Ever8090: 4:30pm On Jun 06, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ said anyone who does not abandon family/marriage, Job/career, finances, etc., for His sake is not worthy of Him. He explained that it is only those who loose it all in order to follow Him that will save their lives - Matthew 10 vs 34 - 39. undecided

So is one who hangs on to the cares and worries of this world a child of God to begin with? undecided
I believe praying to him who makes things possible dies not mean hanging on to worries of the things if the world.

Wether you worry about challenges or not, they will come, so been prayerful is a ritual to hold onto in the midst of them
Re: Matthew 26:41 by Kobojunkie: 4:36pm On Jun 06, 2022
Ever8090:
I believe praying to him who makes things possible dies not mean hanging on to worries of the things if the world.

Wether you worry about challenges or not, they will come, so been prayerful is a ritual to hold onto in the midst of them
Praying to Him to help you hold on tight to the family and maybe marriage He told you to abandon for His sake? undecided

Praying to Him to fix your job/career/business when He said you should leave all of that in order to follow Him? undecided

These so called challenges are the very same Jesus Christ told you to walk away from if want to become His follower. So how can you consider you a child of God when you refuse to obey God I this? undecided
Re: Matthew 26:41 by Ever8090: 4:40pm On Jun 06, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Praying to Him to help you hold on tight to the family and maybe marriage He told you to abandon for His sake? undecided

Praying to Him to fix your job/career/business when He said you should leave all of that in order to follow Him? undecided

These so called challenges are the very same Jesus Christ told you to walk away from if want to become His follower. So how can you consider you a child of God when you refuse to obey God I this? undecided
the Bible never lied when it said, spiritual things are useless to those who are lost....Christ never told you to abandon family, marriage or job in the contest you are portraying it.

Christ was talking about, outing those ahead of the work of God.
In everything, God first, he who is in position to secure those for you..
Re: Matthew 26:41 by Kobojunkie: 4:46pm On Jun 06, 2022
Ever8090:
the Bible never lied when it said, spiritual things are useless to those who are lost....Christ never told you to abandon family, marriage or job in the contest you are portraying it.

Christ was talking about, outing those ahead of the work of God.
In everything, God first, he who is in position to secure those for you..
Indeed... spiritual things are useless to those who are lot. So you read Matthew 10 vs 34 - 39, and didn't see Jesus Christ pretty much telling you that you need to loose your life .I.e. your jobs, family, marriage, etc., in order to obtain Heaven? undecided

Outing those ahead? So never mind that Jesus Christ practically declared those in your family your enemies, and decreeing that yoj need to loose your life in order to save it, you want to believe instead that Jesus Christ meant to should continue to hold on to all of it in one hand while you attempt to led Him lead you by the other?. undecided
Re: Matthew 26:41 by Ever8090: 6:36pm On Jun 06, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Indeed... spiritual things are useless to those who are lot. So you read Matthew 10 vs 34 - 39, and didn't see Jesus Christ pretty much telling you that you need to loose your life .I.e. your jobs, family, marriage, etc., in order to obtain Heaven? undecided

Outing those ahead? So never mind that Jesus Christ practically declared those in your family your enemies, and decreeing that yoj need to loose your life in order to save it, you want to believe instead that Jesus Christ meant to should continue to hold on to all of it in one hand while you attempt to led Him lead you by the other?. undecided
your level of ignorance does not amaze me because the word of God is for his children and not those who are lost...you will never understand those messages because they were not written to entice you.

We who are Christians perfectly understand the message very well that is why we are holding on to it.

If Jesus Christ asked me to loose my life for his sake and I am willing to, who are you to come and tell me otherwise?...

1 Like

Re: Matthew 26:41 by Kobojunkie: 7:23pm On Jun 06, 2022
Ever8090:
1. your level of ignorance does not amaze me because the word of God is for his children and not those who are lost...you will never understand those messages because they were not written to entice you.

2. We who are Christians perfectly understand the message very well that is why we are holding on to it.

3. If Jesus Christ asked me to loose my life for his sake and I am willing to, who are you to come and tell me otherwise?...
1. Funny though that your claimed understanding of God leads you ever so often to negating that declared by Him. Ever wonder why? undecided

2. You perfectly understand that where Jesus Christ commands that you hate family for His sake, you believe instead that He wants you to bring your family along with you? undecided

And where Jesus Christ declares that you have to loose your life in order to obtain true life .I.e. be saved, you instead believe that what you should do is continue to carry your worldly cares to follow Jesus Christ? undecided

3. So you will never abandon your job/business/career, family, reputation, friends, homes/houses, earthly treasures etc., for His sake but you instead claim you are willing to die for His sake? undecided

Sadly, what Jesus Christ asked of you is the former, not the latter. So what good are you to Him if you are not willing to obey Him? undecided
Re: Matthew 26:41 by Ever8090: 9:52pm On Jun 06, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. Funny though that your claimed understanding of God leads you ever so often to negating that declared by Him. Ever wonder why? undecided

2. You perfectly understand that where Jesus Christ commands that you hate family for His sake, you believe instead that He wants you to bring your family along with you? undecided

And where Jesus Christ declares that you have to loose your life in order to obtain true life .I.e. be saved, you instead believe that what you should do is continue to carry your worldly cares to follow Jesus Christ? undecided

3. So you will never abandon your job/business/career, family, reputation, friends, homes/houses, earthly treasures etc., for His sake but you instead claim you are willing to die for His sake? undecided

Sadly, what Jesus Christ asked of you is the former, not the latter. So what good are you to Him if you are not willing to obey Him? undecided
if I told you I read the trash you commented to the end, I will be lying...you are not Jesus so that bother how I obey his command..is that ok?
Re: Matthew 26:41 by Kobojunkie: 11:14pm On Jun 06, 2022
Ever8090:
if I told you I read the trash you commented to the end, I will be lying...you are not Jesus so that bother how I obey his command..is that ok?
I see! So it is OK for you to preach lies in place or that which Jesus Christ in fact commands? Interesting! undecided

(1) (Reply)

Lady On A Pilgrimage Passes On In Saudi Arabia / See Man Of God That Prophesied Death Of Queen Elizabeth Few Months Ago / Don't Just Assume; Look At Their Deeds. By Their Fruit You Will Recognize Them.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.