Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,603 members, 7,878,731 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 04:39 AM

Olu Of Warri Receives T'suut'ina Highest Honor In Canada - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Olu Of Warri Receives T'suut'ina Highest Honor In Canada (29250 Views)

Olu Of Warri Coronation: Tsola Emiko Walking Before Departing For Ode-Itsekiri / Olu Of Warri's Crown Stolen, Police Declares Two Princes Wanted / Prince Tsola Emiko To Succeed Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olu Of Warri Receives T'suut'ina Highest Honor In Canada by Burgerlomo: 6:25pm On Jun 06, 2022
Real respect
Re: Olu Of Warri Receives T'suut'ina Highest Honor In Canada by Sunnycliff(m): 6:25pm On Jun 06, 2022
African culture is rich and sweet but too much iberiberism makes us to jettison it.
Re: Olu Of Warri Receives T'suut'ina Highest Honor In Canada by Konjiboii: 6:27pm On Jun 06, 2022
To be king go sweet sha
Re: Olu Of Warri Receives T'suut'ina Highest Honor In Canada by tianshie(m): 6:28pm On Jun 06, 2022
I still dey wear my wrapper upside down because dem no choose our candidate angry
Re: Olu Of Warri Receives T'suut'ina Highest Honor In Canada by MrCover: 6:29pm On Jun 06, 2022
Money Is Really Good
Re: Olu Of Warri Receives T'suut'ina Highest Honor In Canada by Freerhyme1(m): 6:33pm On Jun 06, 2022
Nigerians are great people, we represent everywhere we go
Re: Olu Of Warri Receives T'suut'ina Highest Honor In Canada by Emperordynasty: 6:34pm On Jun 06, 2022
othermen:
Could have hosted the event in his hometown. Improving local businesses there, but he would squander resources globetrotting, pretending he is some cultural ambassador.

Could have gone out there to meet investors and be an ambassador of the opportunities in his state, but he’d rather compete as the most suave king.

The cost of doing this trip with his entourage would equip the dilapidated hospitals in his community, would sponsor the empowerment of hundreds of youth in his community, but he’d rather use the resources to no purpose.
I don't like people like you,

He is a King whether a ceremonial one or not,
.you would do worse and more if u were in his shoes...but newsflash you are not,but relish the fact that you can hide away in your home and talk down on him with u 2mb data,
He won't hear and if he did, you wouldn't matter to him

1 Like

Re: Olu Of Warri Receives T'suut'ina Highest Honor In Canada by PoliteActivist: 6:35pm On Jun 06, 2022
Igbo Amiaka
Re: Olu Of Warri Receives T'suut'ina Highest Honor In Canada by BuddhaPalm(m): 6:35pm On Jun 06, 2022
Highest honour in Canada: Victoria Cross.

The Tsuut'ina Nation is a Native American tribe with a population that is less than 3,000.

I like the Olu sha, but you people shouldn't mislead us.

Re: Olu Of Warri Receives T'suut'ina Highest Honor In Canada by Angelfrost(m): 6:36pm On Jun 06, 2022
Look at the quality of individual acting as a royal father over a section of a state....

Tell me why a nation of over 200 Million people can't have such quality or even better leading as President?!!

What a shame!

I wish Olu of Warri greater heights!!!

1 Like

Re: Olu Of Warri Receives T'suut'ina Highest Honor In Canada by 43Ronin: 6:36pm On Jun 06, 2022
Op u made it seem like its the canadian govt that gave him the award. It was his people in canada that gave him the award. Pls rephrase the headline
Re: Olu Of Warri Receives T'suut'ina Highest Honor In Canada by PoliteActivist: 6:40pm On Jun 06, 2022
Emperordynasty:

I don't like people like you,

He is a King whether a ceremonial one or not,
.you would do worse and more if u were in his shoes...but newsflash you are not,but relish the fact that you can hide away in your home and talk down on him with u 2mb data,
He won't hear and if he did, you wouldn't matter to him

But othermen made an extremely good point, very thoughtful, and very well presented.
And BTW do we ever ask ourselves what these people accomplished to deserve king - probably solely due to atrocities and subjugation of others perpetrated by a forefather!
Re: Olu Of Warri Receives T'suut'ina Highest Honor In Canada by jidxin(m): 6:43pm On Jun 06, 2022
AlexReports:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWtMTXNFryg

It was a night of rich cultural display as members of Itsekiri’s community in Calgary in collaboration with Africadey and the Nigerians Association in Canada Friday hosted the Olu of Warri, Ogiame Atuwatse III and Olori Atuwatse III in a gala night in his honour.

The Gala night which took place at the Rio Banquet Calgary, also had different performances of 'gbonse' Itsekiri dance, arts and other entertainment to promote tribe to tribe heritage to the admiration of the visiting King and his Queen, Olori Atuwatse III.

The main highlights of the night was when Tsuut’ina Nation used the occasion to present what it considered as one of its highest honour by the presentation of an 'Eagle feather" to the revered Nigeria monarch which symbolizes strength and courage while the Mayor of Calgary ably represented by Chancellor Jennifer wyness city of Calgary also presented 'White Hat' to the Olu of Warri.

Another talking point of the night was when the visiting monarch reccipocate the gesture when he presented the souvenir of red canoe, a means of transportation for royalty in the riverine Warri Kingdom to the Tsuut ina Nation and head of chiefs Chief Roy Whitney

Representatives of the Nigeria Embassy in Canada and other Nigerians across tribes also graced the occasion.

https://www.statepress.ng/2022/06/impressive-olu-of-warri-receives.html?m=1
are they part or close to the yoruba tribe
Re: Olu Of Warri Receives T'suut'ina Highest Honor In Canada by LienwaltAbel(m): 6:44pm On Jun 06, 2022
othermen:
Could have hosted the event in his hometown. Improving local businesses there, but he would squander resources globetrotting, pretending he is some extra cultural ambassador, while his subjects are in penury and under the affliction of Buhari’s presidency.

Could have gone out there to meet investors and be an ambassador of the opportunities in his state, but he’d rather compete as the most suave king. Ooni is probably looking at the pictures and searching for means to also squander wealth; what thrills them is the publicity and meaningless honor’s’.

The king could position himself to get paid to deliver lectures about the history of his people or his heritage; getting invited to Ivy League universities; getting those there to become interested in his heritage; and having them come around but to what Everything is in ruin in their kingdoms.
They will sell the ancient bronze to buy a Royce.

someone thinks this is too much to ask.

The cost of doing this trip with his entourage would equip the dilapidated hospitals in his community, would sponsor the empowerment of hundreds of youth in his community, but he’d rather use the resources to no purpose.

He should be interested in the election, challenging and channeling his people to get their PVCs and vote for a viable candidate; but it’s not his business. His business is to attend carnivals and weddings.

In the end, these royals can be so much impactful!!! and we pray they become so much more.
They are monarchs. Idiots and inbreds born to do nothing but enjoy on the backs of common people. Thank heavens that democracy and revolutions put an end to such lunacy.
Re: Olu Of Warri Receives T'suut'ina Highest Honor In Canada by ufuosman(m): 6:47pm On Jun 06, 2022
Long live the king
Re: Olu Of Warri Receives T'suut'ina Highest Honor In Canada by CheapHomes1: 6:48pm On Jun 06, 2022
othermen:
Could have hosted the event in his hometown. Improving local businesses there, but he would squander resources globetrotting, pretending he is some extra cultural ambassador, while his subjects are in penury and under the affliction of Buhari’s presidency.

Could have gone out there to meet investors and be an ambassador of the opportunities in his state, but he’d rather compete as the most suave king. Ooni is probably looking at the pictures and searching for means to also squander wealth; what thrills them is the publicity and meaningless honor’s’.

The king could position himself to get paid to deliver lectures about the history of his people or his heritage; getting invited to Ivy League universities; getting those there to become interested in his heritage; and having them come around but to what Everything is in ruin in their kingdoms.

He should be interested in the election, challenging and channeling his people to get their PVCs and vote for a viable candidate; but it’s not his business. His business is to attend carnivals and weddings, never to meet with the presidency and appeal that he be responsible to his charge- where education and security and all other sectors currently in ruin, demands resuscitation.

But is it his fault? Some of these throne demands that you become a slave to the political class. If he attempts to better the lots of the people or channel their direction; he could even get banished

In the end, these royals can be so much impactful!!! and we pray they become so much more.

Very true
Re: Olu Of Warri Receives T'suut'ina Highest Honor In Canada by Lamasta(m): 6:49pm On Jun 06, 2022
Maximum respect to the Olu of Warrior everything about him speaks royalty
Re: Olu Of Warri Receives T'suut'ina Highest Honor In Canada by Emperordynasty: 7:04pm On Jun 06, 2022
PoliteActivist:

But othermen made an extremely good point, very thoughtful, and very well presented.
And BTW do we ever ask ourselves what these people accomplished to deserve king - probably solely due to atrocities and subjugation of others perpetrated by a forefather!

I for one believe that kings and monarchs have a role to play when it comes to preserving ethnic heritages and cultural identities..isn't that worthy of respect...come on, even England our colonist have a cultural institution, same as Sweden,Norway the Netherlands and various countries in Asia..why do we keep asking what our traditional rulers are doing for us..when it's clear that they were made to leave active governance to our politicians decades ago by colonization..

The fact that they are ceremonial rulers is a good development because absolute power corrupts,
But their presence has a heritage based significance..the question of social importance or achievement should be directed to our failed governments who took that responsibility of traditional rulers by being elected and given the power of implementation...
Re: Olu Of Warri Receives T'suut'ina Highest Honor In Canada by SIMONEKPA7: 8:23pm On Jun 06, 2022
Who de bank role this movement
Re: Olu Of Warri Receives T'suut'ina Highest Honor In Canada by ppogba: 8:30pm On Jun 06, 2022
KillerCrocodile:
This News go pain Ayiri Emami and his assorted crop of Opportunistic Charlatans.

Dem no go sleep well after seeing this News.

Long Live the King....

I was just about to ask after the clown.
I thought he was threatening thunder and lightning in conjunction with brimstone the other time.
Re: Olu Of Warri Receives T'suut'ina Highest Honor In Canada by KillerCrocodile: 8:38pm On Jun 06, 2022
ppogba:

I was just about to ask after the clown.
I thought he was threatening thunder and lightning in conjunction with brimstone the other time.

That nigga don go early retirement....

The last time I saw him, he was offering sacrifice to the river god or goddess....

And he would still go to church and shamelessly sit in the front seat.....

What a disgrace.
Re: Olu Of Warri Receives T'suut'ina Highest Honor In Canada by LogicBomb8: 8:44pm On Jun 06, 2022
Success900:
Ok make I just mind my business
watafa.k
Re: Olu Of Warri Receives T'suut'ina Highest Honor In Canada by PoliteActivist: 8:55pm On Jun 06, 2022
Emperordynasty:

I for one believe that kings and monarchs have a role to play when it comes to preserving ethnic heritages and cultural identities..isn't that worthy of respect...come on, even England our colonist have a cultural institution, same as Sweden,Norway the Netherlands and various countries in Asia..why do we keep asking what our traditional rulers are doing for us..when it's clear that they were made to leave active governance to our politicians decades ago by colonization..

The fact that they are ceremonial rulers is a good development because absolute power corrupts,
But their presence has a heritage based significance..the question of social importance or achievement should be directed to our failed governments who took that responsibility of traditional rulers by being elected and given the power of implementation...

I for one believe they are TOTALLY useless. More than that, they are actually harmful - the way it is practiced in Nigeria. Enlightened youth should have an uprising to abolish them ASAP. The countries you mentioned their main reason is that their monarchy helps tourism. Nigeria's mushroom kings all over the place do not help anything AT ALL. We can very much preserve our ethnic heritages and cultural identities without them. Just think the breath of egalitarian fresh air in the land without these stuffy, pretentious elements. USA was intentionally founded on avoidance of these institutions - see the result. Oh, how I despise such things

1 Like

Re: Olu Of Warri Receives T'suut'ina Highest Honor In Canada by Swissgoldenpro(m): 8:56pm On Jun 06, 2022
Congrats to him
Re: Olu Of Warri Receives T'suut'ina Highest Honor In Canada by Emperordynasty: 9:22pm On Jun 06, 2022
PoliteActivist:

I for one believe they are TOTALLY useless. More than that, they are actually harmful - the way it is practiced in Nigeria. Enlightened youth should have an uprising to abolish them ASAP. The countries you mentioned their main reason is that their monarchy helps tourism. Nigeria's mushroom kings all over the place do not help anything AT ALL. We can very much preserve our ethnic heritages and cultural identities without them. Just think the breath of egalitarian fresh air in the land without these stuffy, pretentious elements. USA was intentionally founded on avoidance of these institutions - see the result. Oh, how I despise such things
Hmm well maybe u have mushroom kings in your own hometown, I can't argue that with you Sha ..if thats what you think then okay
Re: Olu Of Warri Receives T'suut'ina Highest Honor In Canada by akigbemaru: 9:44pm On Jun 06, 2022
othermen:

He should be interested in the election, challenging and channeling his people to get their PVCs and vote for a viable candidate; but it’s not his business. His business is to attend carnivals and weddings, never to meet with the presidency and appeal that he be responsible to his charge- where education and security and all other sectors currently in ruin, demands resuscitation.

But is it his fault? Some of these thrones demands that you become a slave to the political class. If he attempts to better the lots of the people or channel their direction; he could even get banished

Re: Olu Of Warri Receives T'suut'ina Highest Honor In Canada by akigbemaru: 9:48pm On Jun 06, 2022
PoliteActivist:

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Prince Salisu Bayero Marries Second Wife 2 Years After His Wedding (Photos) / Most Plausible Reason Why Some Binis and Igbos Have Fairer Skin Colour / This White Man Speaks Edo, Benin Language But Has Never Been To Nigeria (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.