Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,231 members, 7,928,762 topics. Date: Thursday, 22 August 2024 at 08:50 PM

Owo Church Attack: Governor Ayade Cries Out. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Owo Church Attack: Governor Ayade Cries Out. (193 Views)

Obidients Attack Governor Of Illinois USA, After Chicago University Lock Twitter / Hoodlums Attack Governor Oyetola's Convoy In Osun / Boko Haram Attack: Governor Zulum Tackles Army After Attack On His Convoy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Owo Church Attack: Governor Ayade Cries Out. by offiong187: 7:30pm On Jun 06, 2022
Owo Catholic Church attack: We’re losing our humanity, Ayade cries out

Cross River State governor, Sir Ben Ayade, has expressed sadness about the Sunday’s attack at St. Francis Catholic Church, Owo, in which over 38 worshippers were killed.

Ayade who condemned the horrific attack, regretted that it was one attack too many, just as he called on security agents to fish out the perpetrators and bring them to justice. 

While commiserating with his counterpart governor, Rotimi Akeredolu and the grieving people of Ondo State, the governor in a condolence message signed by his Deputy Chief Press Secretary, Linus Obogo, said: "I am outraged by the mindless and barbaric murder in a church of God where several worshippers were killed. 

“I join all well-meaning Nigerians to condemn this unprovoked attack at a worship centre."

According to him, "This should not have happened. It is indeed, saddening that gradually, our society is losing its humanity and something must be done to arrest the drift into barbarism."

Ayade said the loss of value for human lives and the audacity with which the attack was carried out is rather confounding, noting that "it is a terrible tragedy which must be condemned by all people of good conscience. I join other well meaning Nigerians to express my profound condolences and I offer my  prayer for those who lost relatives and friends in the heinous killings."

Re: Owo Church Attack: Governor Ayade Cries Out. by Sunofgod(m): 7:31pm On Jun 06, 2022
His barber is also a butcher

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

If Southerners Fail To Act Now, They Will Forever Be At The Mercy Of North / Https://www.nairaland.com/6398695/tinubu-becomes-president#:~:text=tinubu%20beco / Tinubu And Osinbajo Exchange Pleasantries During APC Primary (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.