Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,235 members, 7,887,656 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 11:59 AM

If Lawan Wins, It Will Be The Best Thing To Happen To Southern Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If Lawan Wins, It Will Be The Best Thing To Happen To Southern Nigeria (1901 Views)

Senate President Ahmad Lawan Wins Yobe North Senatorial District Election / With The Images Coming Out From Ilorin, It Is Game Over, Tinubu Wins It / Farooq Kperogi: If Lawan Is Picked By APC, Peter Obi Will Become President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Lawan Wins, It Will Be The Best Thing To Happen To Southern Nigeria by DOTian: 8:43am On Jun 07, 2022
It might sound ridiculous to you at first, but think about it deeply.Can any of the Southern candidates contesting today, from one Bola Tinubu to even Peter Obi, go as far as producing earthshaking policies that might undermine the North in the process of rescuing Nigeria? The answer to that is No! So what is the fuss all about? If Buhari forces Lawan on APC, it will be the best thing to happen to the rest of Nigeria, including the middle belt, the East and the West since it will now be an all northern affair. Why do I say so? Hear me out..

This is action will be by far, the most audacious polarizing political statement made by Buhari since his emergence as Nigerias president. It's going to prove beyond reasonable doubt that what we have in Aso Rock, is an unremorseful tribal president who openly cares for only the interest of one section of the country; The North!

Secondly, such move will actually leave the northern political lackeys in the South with no single talking/arguing point left! The Okorochas, The Tinubus, the Osibanjos, The Amechis.. They will all be made to look totally Stoopid with all their talks about supporting the north in the future and will definitely lack the courage to argue against the notion of northern attempt at total political domination of the whole country going forward.

But most importantly, such a move, although it might feel frustrating to southerners in the immediate, will ultimately prove gainful in the near future if well managed! How? For once, since The June 12 crises, the South West will once again be forced to be in opposition against The North. Why is is this important?

This country is basically dominated by three major ethnic groups. All you need to keep this country running is the collaborations of two of the three major ethnic groups, with a sprinkle of the minorities. Getting the minorities support is much easier since most times, they are at the periphery of power and so are desperate to "belong". But getting the support of the majority ethnic groups, have always proven to be dicey because of the divergent political interests in the different major ethnic blocs.

The South West and the North have been working together for the past seven years to the near total exclusion of the East. The East on the other hand, is now totally ambivalent to the Nigerian project as IPOB agitations garner momentum. The northern minorities are so tired of the core North because of the herdsmen menace that they are genuinely mortified with the possibility of another core northern presidency. The only people left to help the core North politically are the South Westerners. Buharis consensus candidate, if proven to be a northerner, will ultimately leave pro Northern politicians in the South West with nothing to show to their people for their almost a decade long "service" to the north and Buhari.

The rest of us need this clash to have a better Nigeria. It is essential to drive a wedge in between these two because the country has suffered over the last eight years as their collaboration proved catastrophic for the country, both politically and economically. It is very essential for Tinubu to loose. We need that "we warned you" moment! Very important for Okorocha, Umeahi and Osibanjo to loose. Why?

If they succeed, they can never be strong presidents. They will always be pro Northern presidents like Jonathan, since the North will continue to control the military, the police and other important government agencies, taking into consideration the enermous job done by Buhari to northernize these institutions throughout his presidency. What the South needs is a Southern president that will repackage the country to work for all and not an inebriated southern lackey in power, who dances to the whims and caprices of his northern overlords in an unproductive show of gratitude for being made the president.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Lawan Wins, It Will Be The Best Thing To Happen To Southern Nigeria by Jennyjay283: 8:46am On Jun 07, 2022
Not funny undecided

2 Likes

Re: If Lawan Wins, It Will Be The Best Thing To Happen To Southern Nigeria by ASAPFERG: 8:46am On Jun 07, 2022
Igbo slave grin

1 Like

Re: If Lawan Wins, It Will Be The Best Thing To Happen To Southern Nigeria by Kyase(m): 8:47am On Jun 07, 2022
Nothing will happen
Their will be noise for some days or weeks then everything will go back to normal grin
Highest some will decamp and at the end, another northerner rules for 4-8 years

Anyways Amaechi is my main man
Re: If Lawan Wins, It Will Be The Best Thing To Happen To Southern Nigeria by God1000(m): 8:48am On Jun 07, 2022
Lawan cannot win, that will be a great disservice to APC
Re: If Lawan Wins, It Will Be The Best Thing To Happen To Southern Nigeria by Nobody: 8:49am On Jun 07, 2022
Igbo will Sha not smell also rock.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Lawan Wins, It Will Be The Best Thing To Happen To Southern Nigeria by successmatters(m): 8:50am On Jun 07, 2022
Very well written. Kudos.
Re: If Lawan Wins, It Will Be The Best Thing To Happen To Southern Nigeria by ayoolataiwo(m): 8:50am On Jun 07, 2022
U can't be serious,make power to back to the north,,I dnt think so

1 Like

Re: If Lawan Wins, It Will Be The Best Thing To Happen To Southern Nigeria by Kazeem47(m): 8:52am On Jun 07, 2022
WesternOligarch:
which kind early morning vawulence be this

3 Likes

Re: If Lawan Wins, It Will Be The Best Thing To Happen To Southern Nigeria by Iamgrey5(m): 8:53am On Jun 07, 2022
Kyase:
Nothing will happen
Their will be noise for some days or weeks then everything will go back to normal grin
Highest some will decamp and at the end, another northerner rules for 4-8 years

Anyways Amaechi is my main man
Alot will happen

And Amechi is not in the running

Why will North support Amechi that can't win a ward in his State talkless of winning his region.

The North want the North to win and that is it.

After Atiku, Kwakwasor is preparing himself.
Re: If Lawan Wins, It Will Be The Best Thing To Happen To Southern Nigeria by Kazeem47(m): 8:53am On Jun 07, 2022
The thing is that most southern politicians don't care about their people,all they know is their pockets.Very few care about the poor masses.

2 Likes

Re: If Lawan Wins, It Will Be The Best Thing To Happen To Southern Nigeria by Cypress042: 8:56am On Jun 07, 2022
WesternOligarch:
When a man is hungry, he can say anything just to console himself grin grin go find food eat grin grin

7 Likes

Re: If Lawan Wins, It Will Be The Best Thing To Happen To Southern Nigeria by Kyase(m): 8:57am On Jun 07, 2022
Iamgrey5:
Alot will happen

And Amechi is not in the running

Why will North support Amechi that can't win a ward in his State talkless of winning his region.

The North want the North to win and that is it.

After Atiku, Kwakwasor is preparing himself.
Nope, the north are ready to relinquish power for now, we have had enough of Buhari....
Its either Amaechi or Osibanjo
OBJ has never won his ward or polling unit

1 Like

Re: If Lawan Wins, It Will Be The Best Thing To Happen To Southern Nigeria by BigBrother9ja: 8:57am On Jun 07, 2022
DOTian:
It might sound ridiculous to you at first, but think about it deeply.Can any of the Southern candidates contesting today, from one Bola Tinubu to even Peter Obi go as far as producing earthshaking policies that might undermine the North in the process of rescuing Nigeria? The answer to that is No! So what is the fuss all about? If Buhari forces Lawan on APC, it will be the best thing to happen to the rest of Nigeria, including the middle belt, the East and the West. Why do I say so? Hear me out..

This is action will be by far, the most audacious polarizing political statement made by Buhari since his emergence as Nigerias president. It's going to prove beyond reasonable doubt that what we have in Aso Rock, is an unremorseful tribal president who openly cares for only the interest of one section of the country; The North!

Secondly, such move will actually leave the northern political lackeys in the South with no single talking/arguing point left! The Okorochas, The Tinubus, the Osibanjos, The Amechis.. They will all be made to look totally Stoopid with all their talks about supporting the north in the future and will definitely lack the courage to argue against the notion of northern attempt at total political domination of the whole country going forward.

But most importantly, such a move, although it might feel frustrating to southerners in the immediate, will ultimately prove gainful in the near future if well managed! How? For once, since The June 12 crises, the South West will once again be forced to be in opposition against The North. Why is is this important?

This country is basically dominated by three major ethnic groups. All you need to keep this country running is the collaborations of two of the three major ethnic groups, with a sprinkle of the minorities. Getting the minorities support is much easier since most times, they are at the periphery of power and so are desperate to "belong". But getting the support of the majority ethnic groups, have always proven to be dicey because of the divergent political interests in the different major ethnic blocs.

The South West and the North have been working together for the past seven years to the near total exclusion of the East. The East on the other hand, is now totally ambivalent to the Nigerian project as IPOB agitations garner momentum. The northern minorities are so tired of the core North because of the herdsmen menace that they are genuinely mortified with the possibility of another core northern presidency. The only people left to help the core North politically are the South Westerners. Buharis consensus candidate, if proven to be a northerner, will ultimately leave pro Northern politicians in the South West with nothing to show to their people for their almost a decade long "service" to the north and Buhari.

The rest of us need this clash to have a better Nigeria. It is essential to drive a wedge in between these two because the country has suffered over the last eight years as their collaboration proved catastrophic for the country, both politically and economically. It is very essential for Tinubu to loose. We need that "we warned you" moment! Very important for Okorocha, Umeahi and Osibanjo to loose. Why?

If they succeed, they can never be strong presidents. They will always be pro Northern presidents like Jonathan, since the North will continue to control the military, the police and other important government agencies, taking into consideration the enermous job done by Buhari to northernize these institutions throughout his presidency. What the South needs is a Southern president that will repackage the country to work for all and not an inebriated southern lackey in power, who dances to the whims and caprices of his northern overlords in an unproductive show of gratitude for being made the president.

Shut up!
Re: If Lawan Wins, It Will Be The Best Thing To Happen To Southern Nigeria by DOTian: 8:58am On Jun 07, 2022
ayoolataiwo:
U can't be serious,make power to back to the north,,I dnt think so
My point is that, a wreckless insistence on continuing to rule by the North, will ultimately force the rest of the country to come together to ask those solid structural questions, that must be answered for this comatose contraption to be recalibrated and reinvented, in a way that it works for the majority of the people of Nigeria and not for a corrupt and privileged few.

2 Likes

Re: If Lawan Wins, It Will Be The Best Thing To Happen To Southern Nigeria by Nobody: 8:59am On Jun 07, 2022
Cypress042:
When a man is hungry, he can say anything just to console himself grin grin go find food eat grin grin

Same consolation you guys have been giving yourselves....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If Lawan Wins, It Will Be The Best Thing To Happen To Southern Nigeria by 9jatriot(m): 9:01am On Jun 07, 2022
Even Kalu supporting him will not get any benefit from it other than the satisfaction of having played been a spoiler
Re: If Lawan Wins, It Will Be The Best Thing To Happen To Southern Nigeria by Cypress042: 9:04am On Jun 07, 2022
WesternOligarch:

Same consolation you guys have been giving yourselves....
shocked We don't lick asses dude grin

1 Like

Re: If Lawan Wins, It Will Be The Best Thing To Happen To Southern Nigeria by Cypress042: 9:06am On Jun 07, 2022
ASAPFERG:
Igbo slave grin
Skullar grin

2 Likes

Re: If Lawan Wins, It Will Be The Best Thing To Happen To Southern Nigeria by helinues: 9:08am On Jun 07, 2022
Same Lawan that is not amongst the shortlisted candidates.

Loosing no dey tired una.. Oh I forgot, emotions and sentiments won't allow you guys to support the real deal

1 Like

Re: If Lawan Wins, It Will Be The Best Thing To Happen To Southern Nigeria by ASAPFERG: 9:10am On Jun 07, 2022
Cypress042:
Skullar grin
cannibal grin
Re: If Lawan Wins, It Will Be The Best Thing To Happen To Southern Nigeria by DOTian: 9:15am On Jun 07, 2022
helinues:
Same Lawan that is not amongst the shortlisted candidates.

Loosing no dey tired una.. Oh I forgot, emotions and sentiments won't allow you guys to support the real deal
Buhari will never handover to Tinubu, even if Tinubu "wins" at the APC convention.
Keep this post and show it to me the day it Tinubu wins and I will deactivate this account post no more ere.

I don't like Tinubu but This is NEVER a statement of hate from my side but purely my reading of the political happenings over the last few months..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If Lawan Wins, It Will Be The Best Thing To Happen To Southern Nigeria by helinues: 9:17am On Jun 07, 2022
DOTian:

Buhari will never handover to Tinubu, even if Tinubu "wins" at the APC convention.
Keep this post and show it to me the day it Tinubu wins and I will deactivate this account post no more ere.

I don't like Tinubu but This is NEVER a statement of hate from my side but purely my reading of the political happenings over the last few months..

Why are you people so fixated about Tinubu? Is he the only Southern candidate left in Apc primary.

How do some of you people manage the hatred with sanity cos psychologically, it's complicated
Re: If Lawan Wins, It Will Be The Best Thing To Happen To Southern Nigeria by Iamgrey5(m): 9:18am On Jun 07, 2022
Kyase:

Nope, the north are ready to relinquish power for now, we have had enough of Buhari....
Its either Amaechi or Osibanjo
OBJ has never won his ward or polling unit
Obj won his region the second time of asking when he faced someone that wasn't from his region.

Will Amechi win South South against Atiku not to talk winning other regions?

And no North will likely continue to rule with Atiku, I believe.
Re: If Lawan Wins, It Will Be The Best Thing To Happen To Southern Nigeria by Cypress042: 9:19am On Jun 07, 2022
ASAPFERG:
cannibal grin
Ass lickers grin

1 Like

Re: If Lawan Wins, It Will Be The Best Thing To Happen To Southern Nigeria by DOTian: 9:19am On Jun 07, 2022
helinues:

Why are you people so fixated about Tinubu? Is he the only Southern candidate left in Apc primary.

How do some of you people manage the hatred with sanity cos psychologically, it's complicated
The same way you "hated" on Jonathan without let?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Lawan Wins, It Will Be The Best Thing To Happen To Southern Nigeria by ASAPFERG: 9:28am On Jun 07, 2022
Cypress042:
Ass lickers grin
freedom beggers grin
Re: If Lawan Wins, It Will Be The Best Thing To Happen To Southern Nigeria by Cypress042: 9:31am On Jun 07, 2022
ASAPFERG:
freedom beggers grin
shocked Unity beggars grin

1 Like

Re: If Lawan Wins, It Will Be The Best Thing To Happen To Southern Nigeria by SoNature(m): 9:36am On Jun 07, 2022
helinues:

Tinubu is one of the most influential politicians in Nigeria, probably third to Buhari and Atiku. Yes, that's enough to talk about him.

On the flip side, people are deeply worried about him because he's greedy, extremely corrupt and selfish, and encourages thuggery all over Lagos. This is not good for Nigeria. I hope this answers your question.

1 Like

Re: If Lawan Wins, It Will Be The Best Thing To Happen To Southern Nigeria by Corporate2020: 9:38am On Jun 07, 2022
Another lazy youth is on the loose
Re: If Lawan Wins, It Will Be The Best Thing To Happen To Southern Nigeria by ASAPFERG: 9:38am On Jun 07, 2022
Cypress042:
shocked Unity beggars grin
landlocked 5%ters grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Reason Why Peter Obi Can Never Be President / Election Winners According To BBC / Video. Large Turnout As Peter Obi Campaign In Awka On Monday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.