Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,653 members, 7,914,739 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 11:05 AM

APC Primaries: Best Way To Get A Consensus Candidate - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Primaries: Best Way To Get A Consensus Candidate (23612 Views)

Fight Over Consensus Candidate Delays PDP Convention For 8 Hours and Counting / PDP Primaries, NW Leaders Endorse Markarfi As Consensus Candidate / Sowore Rejects PACT Result After Fela Durotoye Emerged As Consensus Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Primaries: Best Way To Get A Consensus Candidate by duro4chang(m): 4:16pm On Jun 07, 2022
Obinoscopy:
If I were Buhari and the rest of the APC NWC, the way I'd get a consensus candidate would be from the Aspirants themselves.

How would I do it? I'd ask the aspirants to submit the top three aspirants they think would do great as President. I would then collate all the list and pick the aspirant with the highest score. This way, whoever gets the ticket has a higher chance of been acceptable to most of the aspirants thus preventing rancor within the party.

This is a scientific way to do it.

My two cents.
You tried but do they even need consensus candidate? Pdp did its own no consensu and there was no comlaint.
Re: APC Primaries: Best Way To Get A Consensus Candidate by maasoap(m): 4:17pm On Jun 07, 2022
Obinoscopy:
If I were Buhari and the rest of the APC NWC, the way I'd get a consensus candidate would be from the Aspirants themselves.

How would I do it? I'd ask the aspirants to submit the top three aspirants they think would do great as President. I would then collate all the list and pick the aspirant with the highest score. This way, whoever gets the ticket has a higher chance of been acceptable to most of the aspirants thus preventing rancor within the party.

My two cents.

Politics is not science. What if you end up having a candidate that can't be sell to majority of the electorates?
Re: APC Primaries: Best Way To Get A Consensus Candidate by haffaze777(m): 4:31pm On Jun 07, 2022
shortIGBOman:

Kikikikikikikikikikikiki, Afonja don dey cry. Small sit at home wey our Mazi Simon Ekpa declared in the East, every Monday. Na em dey make una wail so. Una never see anything. We must go on 3 months sit at home. Make una no beg us.

You know say nah you dey feed the entire country, please forgive us.
Re: APC Primaries: Best Way To Get A Consensus Candidate by Kuppar: 4:35pm On Jun 07, 2022
Wahala 4 dem hypocrites camp grin
Re: APC Primaries: Best Way To Get A Consensus Candidate by Freedom34: 4:40pm On Jun 07, 2022
Nwokem, that's why u are not buhalli.
Pls, manage d mod hussle!
cool

Obinoscopy:
If I were Buhari@ and the rest of the APC NWC, the way I'd get a consensus candidate would be from the Aspirants themselves.

How would I do it? I'd ask the aspirants to submit the top three aspirants they think would do great as President. I would then collate all the list and pick the aspirant with the highest score. This way, whoever gets the ticket has a higher chance of being acceptable to most of the aspirants thus preventing rancor within the party.

My two cents.
TWO CENT?
Pls, I'll pass.
na dollars and pounds sure pass!
cool
Re: APC Primaries: Best Way To Get A Consensus Candidate by Corporate2020: 4:43pm On Jun 07, 2022
THURAFTERNOON:
Abeg Why people Dey post “JESUS” up and down for WhatsApp status? Hope dem never sell me for Naija ooh

Rapture happened last night. It's the people that could not make it that are now posting JESUS up and down.

I am typing from Heaven because I made the Rapture, Angel Jelili carried me.
Re: APC Primaries: Best Way To Get A Consensus Candidate by Bimpe29: 4:44pm On Jun 07, 2022
Obinoscopy:

How would I do it? I'd ask the aspirants to submit the top three aspirants they think would do great as President.
I didn't understand you o, how would you ask the aspirants?
It's really the delegates that does that not the aspirants.
Re: APC Primaries: Best Way To Get A Consensus Candidate by YoungBlackRico(m): 4:47pm On Jun 07, 2022
Obinoscop.y, mod wey get sense. Forum games that year smiley
Re: APC Primaries: Best Way To Get A Consensus Candidate by olowofariwo(m): 5:02pm On Jun 07, 2022
fulaniHERDSman:
cool
Tinubu is the only name there delaying this thing. They don't want him and are trying to scheme him out. Had it been his name is not there, they would have done this primaries last week. I also know why they don't want him. It's because of his clout and he can't be anybody's puppet while in office. The North wants to consolidate on the obvious chaos that's presently benefitting their elite. Only Tinubu can stamp his feet and ensure a lot of reversals with success. I hate him before, now I love him for this.
Fvck the master minders of chaos and enemies of level playing Nigeria.

We don't want any Fulani puppet. Nigeria must change.
thank you very much, your comment de gradually shifting my likeness from Osinbajo to tinubu
Re: APC Primaries: Best Way To Get A Consensus Candidate by Cmanforall: 5:25pm On Jun 07, 2022
Obinoscopy:

How would I do it? I'd ask the aspirants to submit the top three aspirants they think would do great as President. I would then collate all the list and pick the aspirant with the highest score. This way, whoever gets the ticket has a higher chance of being acceptable to most of the aspirants thus preventing rancor within the party.

My two cents.
This is for someone who thinks
Re: APC Primaries: Best Way To Get A Consensus Candidate by Cmanforall: 5:27pm On Jun 07, 2022
THURAFTERNOON:
Abeg Why people Dey post “JESUS” up and down for WhatsApp status? Hope dem never sell me for Naija ooh
Let us know when you find answers
Re: APC Primaries: Best Way To Get A Consensus Candidate by tabaralph: 5:27pm On Jun 07, 2022
Obinoscopy:

My two cents.
Read what you wrote again and then interpret itto yourself..so it doesn’t occur to you that every aspirant will obviously submit his own name?
Re: APC Primaries: Best Way To Get A Consensus Candidate by Obinoscopy(m): 5:30pm On Jun 07, 2022
Abujason:

So that Tinubu will buy all of them, abi?
Forget that.
It won’t work.
Buhari is not dumb.
I don't think Tinubu can buy them. If he could, he would have done so and make them step-down for him by now. And even if Tinubu can buy them, we'll that means they are not ready to be president. I just think this is the best way to prevent APC from imploding
Re: APC Primaries: Best Way To Get A Consensus Candidate by Obinoscopy(m): 5:32pm On Jun 07, 2022
Jnana19:
Tinubu has be disqualified as at 1pm today the battle is between osinbanjo,amaechi,lawan
If you disqualify Tinubu, you will end up breaking up APC. It's better Tinubu loses in the Primary OR APC choses a consensus candidate that the Aspirants themselves chose. This way, you limit the chances of APC disintegrating.
Re: APC Primaries: Best Way To Get A Consensus Candidate by Obinoscopy(m): 5:35pm On Jun 07, 2022
DadaStephen1:
Okay
And if each Aspirants writes the list like

1. Me
2. Me
3. Me

What will you do?

amadiwati:

Baba there is no scientific here. I would put my name 3 times.
socialmediaman:

In Tinubu’s list:
1. Tinubu
2. Tinubu
3. Tinubu

In Osinbajo’s list:
1. Osinbajo
2. Osinbajo
3. Osinbajo

In Amaechi’s list:
1. Amaechi
2. Amaechi
3. Amaechi

There you go. Nigerian politics for you

lol, that's not possible. The requirement would be to choose three different names. And the party can also make it a compulsory requirement. That is, if you don't submit three names, you will be disqualified.
Re: APC Primaries: Best Way To Get A Consensus Candidate by Obinoscopy(m): 5:43pm On Jun 07, 2022
emmykk:

You two scent failed because how if 50 percent of the aspirants where mole of one of the main aspirants?.

The best way to arrive at a consensus is for the governors who also control the delegates be ask who they prefer.

The candidate with the highest preference from governor will be allow to the leading candidate.
Again a moneybag can influence some of the governors choice.
That would be a good option. However, the problem is that the losing Aspirants will feel shortchanged as they were not consulted. That's will I feel the best people to consult for a consensus would be the Aspirants themselves.
Re: APC Primaries: Best Way To Get A Consensus Candidate by Obinoscopy(m): 5:46pm On Jun 07, 2022
lecowas:

What is different between voting and what u have said. Lol. U Nigerians just love complicating things unnecessarily. Is this not called an election? cheesy

The difference is that it's the Aspirants that did the voting for a consensus candidate and not the delegates. The delegates will then only vote FOR or AGAINST the consensus candidate.

Bimpe29:

I didn't understand you o, how would you ask the aspirants?
It's really the delegates that does that not the aspirants.
See my response above. The delegates will still vote. The aspirant will however make the voting job easier for the delegates by coming up with a consensus
Re: APC Primaries: Best Way To Get A Consensus Candidate by Obinoscopy(m): 5:48pm On Jun 07, 2022
Boyooosa:

Hmm....
Wisdom
They might not be sincere with the second name tho, after choosing yhemselves
Well that means they will end up shooting themselves in the foot because that "second name" will/could eventually be their presidential candidate.
Re: APC Primaries: Best Way To Get A Consensus Candidate by Obinoscopy(m): 5:54pm On Jun 07, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Methodical way, yes. But the law says for consensus to hold ALL aspirants must unanimously agree. So even if as much as one candidate dissents, they have to actually go to primaries
The goal will be to make all aspirants agree. This can be done by announcing the result of the voting to each of the aspirants and let them know who got the highest score. Buhari and APC NWC will then announce this same result to the delegates and the rest of the world. If all the aspirants still don't agree with the result, then voting can still happen, at least the world is now aware of who is more acceptable among the aspirants.
Re: APC Primaries: Best Way To Get A Consensus Candidate by Boyooosa(m): 5:56pm On Jun 07, 2022
Obinoscopy:
Well that means they will end up shooting themselves in the foot because that "second name" will/could eventually be their presidential candidate.

Ehn, one vote is better than none and moreover, that's what the logic is all about, making them to identify the most popular candidate among them
Re: APC Primaries: Best Way To Get A Consensus Candidate by Obinoscopy(m): 5:56pm On Jun 07, 2022
maasoap:

Politics is not science. What if you end up having a candidate that can't be sell to majority of the electorates?
I thought that's why the aspirants were screened? The 13 aspirants that made the list should all have the sellable attributes to majority of the electorates.
Re: APC Primaries: Best Way To Get A Consensus Candidate by GoodMuyis(m): 6:01pm On Jun 07, 2022
THURAFTERNOON:

Jesus revolution,
Just do it

Re: APC Primaries: Best Way To Get A Consensus Candidate by emmykk(m): 6:02pm On Jun 07, 2022
Obinoscopy:
That would be a good option. However, the problem is that the losing Aspirants will feel shortchanged as they were not consulted. That's will I feel the best people to consult for a consensus would be the Aspirants themselves.

The problem APC is having is because there are pronounce injustice and threat so the things are not working the way it should .

For example Atiku threat is making them consider Lawan, And the South East and SS don't want the session who have been enjoy VP to produce president.

All these clear obstacle is telling on the primaries.
If WiKe was elected PDP candidate..It would have be easy for APC to just pick candidate from anywhere.
If SW had agreed that SE should produce the candidate of APC there will be no noise.

So the president want a situation where consensus and not election should unite all because if APC don't fulfill some basic requirements most party members will leave
Re: APC Primaries: Best Way To Get A Consensus Candidate by Obinoscopy(m): 6:13pm On Jun 07, 2022
tabaralph:

Read what you wrote again and then interpret itto yourself..so it doesn’t occur to you that every aspirant will obviously submit his own name?
The aspirants will submit three different names in the order they prefer.

For instance:
Tinubu can choose:
1. Tinubu 2. Osinbajo 3. Amaechi

Osinbajo can choose:
1. Osinbajo 2. Fayemi 3. Lawan

Lawan can choose:
1. Lawan 2. Tinubu 3. Osinbajo

Amaechi can choose:
1. Amaechi 2. Ogbonaya 3. Osinbajo

And so on....

Based on these four I just listed, the aspirant with the highest score is: Osinbajo. Get my drift?
Re: APC Primaries: Best Way To Get A Consensus Candidate by Obinoscopy(m): 6:16pm On Jun 07, 2022
emmykk:

The problem APC is having is because there are pronounce injustice and threat so the things are not working the way it should .

For example Atiku threat is making them consider Lawan, And the South East and SS don't want the session who have been enjoy VP to produce president.

All these clear obstacle is telling on the primaries.
If WiKe was elected PDP candidate..It would have be easy for APC to just pick candidate from anywhere.
If SW had agreed that SE should produce the candidate of APC there will be no noise.

So the president want a situation where consensus and not election should unite all because if APC don't fulfill some basic requirements most party members will leave

APC is deceiving themselves if they think Lawan is their best bet to beat Atiku. The best person to beat Atiku is Buhari himself (along with the Northern APC Governors). That's why his role in determining who emerges as the candidate is very important. If Tinubu, or anyone from the south, becomes the candidate, he will beat Atiku if he gets the 100% backing from Buhari.

I actually agree with you that one of the problem the APC is facing is the SW/SE dichotomy. If they can both agree on which zone should get the ticket, problem solved for Buhari.
Re: APC Primaries: Best Way To Get A Consensus Candidate by emmykk(m): 6:33pm On Jun 07, 2022
Obinoscopy:
APC is deceiving themselves if they think Lawan is their best bet to beat Atiku. The best person to beat Atiku is Buhari himself. That's why his role in determining who emerges as the candidate is very important. If Tinubu, or anyone from the south, becomes the candidate, he will beat Atiku if he gets the 100% backing from Buhari.

I actually agree with you that one of the problem the APC is facing is the SW/SE dichotomy. If they can both agree on which zone should get the ticket, problem solved for Buhari.

Buhari is crafty he may never have wanted a southern to succeed him in the first place otherwise he should have be giving ATIKU heat from day one.
Now he has allowed him to snatch PDP ticket creating obvious problem for APC.

Also He is trying and taking long time to tell Tinubu what he want.

Now he want dragging the problem to primaries day
Re: APC Primaries: Best Way To Get A Consensus Candidate by Lawalemi(m): 7:51pm On Jun 07, 2022
Obinoscopy:

My two cents.
Buhari no get sense reach that level
Re: APC Primaries: Best Way To Get A Consensus Candidate by Karnice600: 8:40pm On Jun 07, 2022
Skepticus:
Scientific or no scientific.

Consensus or no consensus.

Y'all will still pick an idiot as the presidential candidate.

God bless you for this statement. Flesh and blood did not reveal this to you.
Some are already shouting bat, bat, bat without thinking.
A doctor recommended a certain drug prescriptions to a patient. He took them and his health status deteriorated the more, worse than ever imagined.
The doctor checked back later on hearing that the patient's condition had gone worse, and offered to carry out an operation on the same patient. An undertaker heard this and told the patient the only help he can render to the patient is to embalm him for free, after the doctor would've finished the destructive process he began with a clueless prescription.

Tinubu recommended PMB, who we all know is the father of all failures and nepotism. That same Tinubu, who prescribed a destructive pill to gullible Nigerians is now coming to treat the same Nigeria in a deteriorating condition.
Any graduate who votes Tinubu is a shame on his Alma mater and a huge minus to the community as a whole

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Primaries: Best Way To Get A Consensus Candidate by jaxxy(m): 8:46pm On Jun 07, 2022
Mooh247:
cool

Section 83

Party primaries hold, forget all this torture you guys are giving yourself

Does lagos Apc understand or follow section 83? Lolz
Re: APC Primaries: Best Way To Get A Consensus Candidate by AdeniyiA(m): 5:44am On Jun 08, 2022
Obinoscopy:

My two cents.

Failures can't think right and can not successfully choose right because birds of a feather flock together...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Osita Chidoka Matriculates At Baze University (Photo) / Michael Adeyemo Is Dead (Speaker Oyo House Of Assembly) / Troops Neutralize 7 Boko Haram Insurgents In Borno,recover Weapons(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.