Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,362 members, 7,920,363 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 04:42 AM

I Won’t Back Down – Yahaya Bello Fires Back At Party Leaders. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Won’t Back Down – Yahaya Bello Fires Back At Party Leaders. (386 Views)

Obaseki: I Won’t Back Philip Shaibu To Succeed Me / Tinubu Won’t Back Out Of 2023 Presidential Race – SWAGA / Amotekun: South West Governors Say They Won’t Back Down (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Won’t Back Down – Yahaya Bello Fires Back At Party Leaders. by Iyke1998(m): 5:02pm On Jun 07, 2022
The Governor of Kogi State, Yahaya Bello, said he will win the All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential primary if the process is credible.

Mr Bello told journalists on Tuesday after a meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari at the presidential villa in Abuja that he was confident of his chances during the primary election.

The Kogi State Governor was absent from the APC governors’ meeting with the president where they reiterated their support for zoning the party’s presidential ticket to the south.

The governor of Kogi State chose to excuse himself from meeting with Mr President because he believes that he does not agree with our position,” the Kaduna State governor, Nasir El-Rufai, said at a press briefing on Monday.

With the exception of Mr Bello who is a presidential aspirant in the race, 13 other governors from the northern region were in support of this resolution.

Sending a strong message to the party leadership, the Kogi governor after his meeting with the president said there will be trouble if his name is omitted from the ballot as delegates arrive to cast their votes.

“No reason for me to be excluded from the ballot. If they do so then that is a recipe for bigger trouble for the party. However, I don’t think it’s the decision of the party. It is a decision of a few elites who may decide to use their whatever position to suppress the so-called minority. But I want to prove that in this country, I am not in the minority. We have the majority. I belong to the younger generation.

“I belong to the generation of Nigerians that are oppressed and they are saying the most have their voice. And I strongly believe that getting into that arena today, I will win overwhelmingly if the process and the normal regulations are followed,” he said

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKLky4egZB0
Re: I Won’t Back Down – Yahaya Bello Fires Back At Party Leaders. by abobote: 5:19pm On Jun 07, 2022
He should be allowed to contest and lose honourably, than making him feel important, as if he stands a chance
Re: I Won’t Back Down – Yahaya Bello Fires Back At Party Leaders. by roundman: 5:30pm On Jun 07, 2022
Wetin this boy dey smoke sef wen dey give moral like this?
Re: I Won’t Back Down – Yahaya Bello Fires Back At Party Leaders. by Righthussle: 5:31pm On Jun 07, 2022
I wish I can delete a thread .
Re: I Won’t Back Down – Yahaya Bello Fires Back At Party Leaders. by Olabanjozs: 5:31pm On Jun 07, 2022
This getting funny

(1) (Reply)

Behold, The PDP Governorship Candidate In Ebonyi State. / 2023: APC Stakeholders Protest At Party’s Htqrs Over Purported Muslim Running Ma / Timi Frank Urges INEC To Disqualify Tinubu Over Controversial Certificate Claims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.