Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,157 members, 7,949,982 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 04:09 AM

A New Deadly Sect “akhwat Akwop” To Challenge Boko Haram. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A New Deadly Sect “akhwat Akwop” To Challenge Boko Haram. (3103 Views)

PDP To Challenge Buhari’s ‎victory At Tribunal / PDP To Challenge Presidential Result In Lagos / Pressure On Tambuwal To Challenge Jonathan In 2015 Presidential Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A New Deadly Sect “akhwat Akwop” To Challenge Boko Haram. by sammyzacks(m): 11:58am On Jul 20, 2011
http://nationalmirroronline.net/news/16515.html

This is even as a new deadly sect known as “Akhwat Akwop” claiming to be working for Northern Christians has been uncovered in Kaduna to counter Boko Haram attacks on innocent citizens and bombings of churches.
Meanwhile, the Akhwat Akwop sect, it was learnt has recruited young boys and girls between the ages of 18 and 30 years into its fold. According to the group, like Boko Haram which is operating in the name of Islam, they are out to stand firm and defend Christian ideals including its way of life. National Mirror gathered that the movement comprised of persons from the Middle Belt and the Northern Christians who are also of the Hausa/Fulani ethnic group, are members of the deadly sect.

The group said that they have already mobilised some unrepentant militants from the Niger Delta as well as members of the Movement for the Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB) to join the movement. The group, in an unsigned 20-page booklet which contained its activities, a copy of which was obtained by National Mirror in Kaduna with an inscription “Remain Blessed Akhwat Akwop” at the end of each page stated: “Akhwat Akwop says enough is enough. We also know that not all Hausa Fulanis are guilty. We shall try and avoid innocent casualties in our operations. We prefer peace but are ever ready for war.

“Boko Haram is hereby warned that if it carries out any further attacks on Christians anywhere in the North, our Commandos will unleash deliberate attacks on selected targets in cities with majority Muslim populations in the North. Your people will see and experience what you have been doing to others first hand.” Continuing, the group said: “Boko Haram must not involve itself in the internal politics of Kaduna State and the Middle Belt, they are no go area for Boko Haram. Our Commandos have advice you to stay in your Sharia compliant areas. It is the Hausa Fulani Muslim men who wear jeans and T-shirts, sneak into our areas to drink alcohol.”

The group even displayed pictures of its recent act of massacre in Jos, Plateau State when the state, especially Kafanchan and Gonigora were enveloped in deadly violence. Several attempts to confirm the existence of the deadly group from the Kaduna State Police Command Public Relations Officer, Aminu Lawal (DSP) were turned down. An officer however confirmed that security agencies are aware of the group’s mode of operation. He said that security forces in the state are working round the clock to fish out the leaders and members of the deadly group. “We got intelligence report concerning this deadly group, we have their pictures and their planned activities but we are still on it, soon we will make it public. We advice people to be vigilant and report any strange face with strange movement to security operatives for action” the source said.
Re: A New Deadly Sect “akhwat Akwop” To Challenge Boko Haram. by sammyzacks(m): 11:59am On Jul 20, 2011
Nigerian Government should put an end to all these confusion please.
Re: A New Deadly Sect “akhwat Akwop” To Challenge Boko Haram. by jmaine: 12:27pm On Jul 20, 2011
Useless stuff like this should not be coming up . . .The security should be proactive in diminishing such cults . . .but what do you expect . . .The Boko Haram ruthless ethno-religious-political violence is getting out of hand . . .and some unscrupulous politicians might just employ the services of this new sect as their body guards and enforcers thereby further militarizing the country
Re: A New Deadly Sect “akhwat Akwop” To Challenge Boko Haram. by edoyad(m): 12:30pm On Jul 20, 2011
sammyzacks:

Nigerian Government should put an end to all these confusion please.

shocked bros is this ish for real ? Which kind wahala be this again now ? Chai !
Re: A New Deadly Sect “akhwat Akwop” To Challenge Boko Haram. by calid16: 1:08pm On Jul 20, 2011
The link is not working, story might be fake
Re: A New Deadly Sect “akhwat Akwop” To Challenge Boko Haram. by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jul 20, 2011
sammyzacks:

http://nationalmirroronline.net/news/16515.html

This is even as a new deadly sect known as “Akhwat Akwop” claiming to be working for Northern Christians has been uncovered in Kaduna to counter Boko Haram attacks on innocent citizens and bombings of churches.
Meanwhile, the Akhwat Akwop sect, it was learnt has recruited young boys and girls between the ages of 18 and 30 years into its fold. According to the group, like Boko Haram which is operating in the name of Islam, they are out to stand firm and defend Christian ideals including its way of life. National Mirror gathered that the movement comprised of persons from the Middle Belt and the Northern Christians who are also of the Hausa/Fulani ethnic group, are members of the deadly sect.

The group said that they have already mobilised some unrepentant militants from the Niger Delta as well as members of the Movement for the Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB) to join the movement. The group, in an unsigned 20-page booklet which contained its activities, a copy of which was obtained by National Mirror in Kaduna with an inscription “Remain Blessed Akhwat Akwop” at the end of each page stated: “Akhwat Akwop says enough is enough. We also know that not all Hausa Fulanis are guilty. We shall try and avoid innocent casualties in our operations. We prefer peace but are ever ready for war.

“Boko Haram is hereby warned that if it carries out any further attacks on Christians anywhere in the North, our Commandos will unleash deliberate attacks on selected targets in cities with majority Muslim populations in the North. Your people will see and experience what you have been doing to others first hand.” Continuing, the group said: “Boko Haram must not involve itself in the internal politics of Kaduna State and the Middle Belt, they are no go area for Boko Haram. Our Commandos have advice you to stay in your Sharia compliant areas. It is the Hausa Fulani Muslim men who wear jeans and T-shirts, sneak into our areas to drink alcohol.”

The group even displayed pictures of its recent act of massacre in Jos, Plateau State when the state, especially Kafanchan and Gonigora were enveloped in deadly violence. Several attempts to confirm the existence of the deadly group from the Kaduna State Police Command Public Relations Officer, Aminu Lawal (DSP) were turned down. An officer however confirmed that security agencies are aware of the group’s mode of operation. He said that security forces in the state are working round the clock to fish out the leaders and members of the deadly group. “We got intelligence report concerning this deadly group, we have their pictures and their planned activities but we are still on it, soon we will make it public. We advice people to be vigilant and report any strange face with strange movement to security operatives for action” the source said.

MASSOB and ND militants ? I dey laugh !
Re: A New Deadly Sect “akhwat Akwop” To Challenge Boko Haram. by hakanai(m): 4:34pm On Jul 20, 2011
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Abi !!!! Burn baby burn !!!!! Na today.we sabi invent evil things.make we just dey go o!!! Very soon na cult for moderate groups go spring up.
Its just jungle justice.By the time dey hit one or two places then there will to survive shall truly be tested. undecided undecided undecided undecided
It seems boko haram just made friends-Akhwa whatever and ND militants.
So when will you guys lock horns and where exactly.I can tell you that with a single attack by the stated group in any majority northern city it will be a blood bath.What is left of the churches will be toast and the xtians will be lynched cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Abeg una please lets be civil.I got friends and family that are xtians and when this gets down,i don't know how this akhwat group can protect them in a Muslims majority areas of the entire north.Even the middle belt is almost evenly split with Muslims still have a slight advantage.Please allow the authorities deal with this.Moreover the victims are still from both sides.why would you want to start another.
Re: A New Deadly Sect “akhwat Akwop” To Challenge Boko Haram. by EzeUche(m): 4:37pm On Jul 20, 2011
This your story get K-leg. undecided
Re: A New Deadly Sect “akhwat Akwop” To Challenge Boko Haram. by otapiapia: 6:06pm On Jul 20, 2011
If this story is for real, I commend the good people of southern Kaduna. They make me proud.

Brave folks.
Re: A New Deadly Sect “akhwat Akwop” To Challenge Boko Haram. by aljharem3: 6:10pm On Jul 20, 2011
what is wrong with this northern muslims at times

have we all not been living in peace way before southern nigeria joined

was kaduna not part of the 7 hausa kingdoms

edoyod talk to ur people before i vex angry
Re: A New Deadly Sect “akhwat Akwop” To Challenge Boko Haram. by Lucifa2015: 6:21pm On Jul 20, 2011
AbegE, make dis tory be true na, E no be Jihadists alone fit turn predator.
Re: A New Deadly Sect “akhwat Akwop” To Challenge Boko Haram. by otapiapia: 6:23pm On Jul 20, 2011
alj_harem:

what is wrong with this northern muslims at times

have we all not been living in peace way before southern nigeria joined

was kaduna not part of the 7 hausa kingdoms

edoyod talk to your people before i vex angry

Yes, but not a part of any boko haramic kingdoms.
Re: A New Deadly Sect “akhwat Akwop” To Challenge Boko Haram. by dayokanu(m): 6:23pm On Jul 20, 2011
Fresh air
Re: A New Deadly Sect “akhwat Akwop” To Challenge Boko Haram. by adamabdul: 6:24pm On Jul 20, 2011
Wow dats great.It will not be boko haram vs akwa(watever).It wil be MUSLIMS VS INFIDELS
Re: A New Deadly Sect “akhwat Akwop” To Challenge Boko Haram. by omanzo02: 10:08pm On Jul 20, 2011
Dude,

This deadly sect name sound like calabar language o! grin grin grin abi na from akwa 'akwop' ibom?  grin grin
Re: A New Deadly Sect “akhwat Akwop” To Challenge Boko Haram. by kettykin: 10:20pm On Jul 20, 2011
i have for a long time anticipated this war, but what kept from coming till 2011,
it almost came in 1966 but for gowons naivety and the british and russian politics , in 70s and 80 blind optimism in nigerian project stopped it . And since the 90s the build up started:

i have for a long time simulated this war and how it would pan out: a christian and muslim war will finally lead nigeria the way of sudan. Middle belt will be the theatre of war , but what really can the muslims do?
With only 7 core muslims states and more than 14 core christian states with 7 of the states very wealthy in oil : the war will not end in the normal you burn my church and kill my people and i burn you mosque and kill your people but will be a fight to finish that .

I cant fully comprehend how muslims hope to hold up against the massobs, mend, egbesu, tiv, berom, bakkasi. If not for the death of innocent people, i cant wait for the war to starti have for a long time anticipated this war, but what kept from coming till 2011,
it almost came in 1966 but for gowons naivety and the british and russian politics , in 70s and 80 blind optimism in nigerian project stopped it . And since the 90s the build up started:

i have for a long time simulated this war and how it would pan out: a christian and muslim war will finally lead nigeria the way of sudan. Middle belt will be the theatre of war , but what really can the muslims do?
With only 7 core muslims states and more than 14 core christian states with 7 of the states very wealthy in oil : the war will not end in the normal you burn my church and kill my people and i burn you mosque and kill your people but will be a fight to finish that .

I cant fully comprehend how muslims hope to hold up against the massobs, mend, egbesu, tiv, berom, bakkasi. If not for the death of innocent people, i cant wait for the war to start
Re: A New Deadly Sect “akhwat Akwop” To Challenge Boko Haram. by Nobody: 4:43am On Jul 21, 2011
Internal crisis,we are 30 mins to the Republic Of Biafra.
I can't wait to kiss the land of freedom and beauty,land of ethnic equality.
I promise one thing,the largest economy in Africa.

(1) (Reply)

Why Abacha Was Killed? The IMF/World Bank! / Delta Commissions Mobile Field Hospital And Ambulances / Peter Obi And Ifeanyai Uba Clash At Traditional Wedding In Nnewi Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.