Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,971 members, 7,873,122 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:23 AM

Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience (42852 Views)

Has A Married Woman Ever Tried To Seduce You Before? Share Your Experience / What Is The Weirdest Thing You've Ever Tried During Sex? / Ever Tried Breaking Up With Someone And The Person Refused? How Did It Go? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by Demigod22: 10:24pm On Jun 11, 2022
SeriouslySense:
She is not yet serious. she is the type that want to force people to do as she does, does not work that way.

One does not have to believe in the same things, before one is good for marriage.

For me, decency, honesty, self-respect, and friendliness are more important than what one believes as a Christian or atheist's.

I have seen some religious people try to talk over other people, lacking self respect, becoming angry or combative when things are not done their ways.

although

I totally agree with you 100 percent. Being good towards people is more important than being religious. When I am going to marry a woman, I always look out for:

Intelligence

Sense of humor

Humane/kindness

Resourcefulness

Ability to communicate coherently.

Not religious or spiritual whatever, and I am liberal, I don't care about your religious beliefs either, it's personal.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by Demigod22: 10:27pm On Jun 11, 2022
InvertedHammer:

/
Don't sleep with her. If you do, you will marry her.
She is just being pretentious to please her parents. Ladies like that are crouching tigers in bed. Be warned!

/

I believe you bro. I don't even have time to sleep with her. I am always away. Last Sunday she messaged me that she didn't see me in church and she knew I wasn't around because I am a travel freak. I am on sperm retention.

4 Likes

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by OBTOREPA(m): 10:30pm On Jun 11, 2022
Demigod22:
My mom have a friend, a very good one. The woman really like me because I am a boy and she doesn't have a male child, so she holds me in high esteem. She has five daughters, my senior, my age mate and my juniors.

Since I returned back from school after my final exam, the respect is becoming too much, my mom started complaining about me being single and her friend becoming more friendlier. Her third daughter just graduated too, and my mom is trying everything for two of us to date. Recently, the started chatting me up frequently and I discovered she is not my spec. She is this spiritual and religious Bible kind of girl and I am a liberal. When I told her that I am not spiritual nor religious, I can see the shock on her face.

She doesn't wear trouser, no earrings nor necklace, a very decent girl by appearance of course, and that's the kind of girl I want. She is even complaining that I am too unstable because I am always traveling every now and then and she doesn't like it.

I am not ready for any relationship right now and I don't want any relationship that involves two families. I will get a girlfriend for myself whenever I am ready. So I told my mom to bury that thought, it won't happen and she said I am too stubborn and rebellious and radical, I smiled and said nothing.

So has your parents ever try to match make you with anyone before? Please share your experience.
Connect me with she
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by Demigod22: 10:34pm On Jun 11, 2022
Candbud:
hmmm, does your mom know you are swallowing red pill?

grin grin she knows because she always complain about my attitude towards ladies. Actually, I respect girls especially the intelligent ones but I don't and can't go all out of my way to impress any girl. My mom said I am too logical and critical about women issue.

When it comes to relationship, I am always the bad guy with different girls and getting away with my promiscuity, but I am working on myself right now and that's why I don't want any relationship for now. I can't be foolish for girls, I am not having sex for the first time na.

2 Likes

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by Demigod22: 10:38pm On Jun 11, 2022
MrHighSea:
don't be religious and don't despise what others worship.

Gather enough respect and be firm in your decisions.

Those are better than love.

You just described my personality. I am not religious but I respect people's beliefs. I have attended Muslim discussions several times even in school. I have attended other churches program, I have attended indigenous religion festivals too. I am just liberal, I will only have problem when you don't respect my belief too.

3 Likes

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by Demigod22: 10:40pm On Jun 11, 2022
Livadesh:

I seriously love your decision... That single fact that a lady is being match-made with an able dude is a big turn off for me too. That relationship is sitting on a gun powder because there won't be freedom of chenking from either parties as both parties will be operating within the confines of the matchmakers.

Exactly my point, I don't even want family interference in my relationship, maybe when I marry the two families can relate per in-laws.
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by 77star: 10:41pm On Jun 11, 2022
Yuneehk:

I'm still laughing from that story.
I've read that his story again and it still gets me laughing when I read Shevchenko.

Very good father that didn't want his son to do to others what he would never want for his own daughters.

cheesy cheesy cheesy

A good father indeed

but yuneehk wait o, do u watch football?

and how come u sabi shevchenko?

at which club did he rise to stardom?

pls don't google search!
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by Demigod22: 10:42pm On Jun 11, 2022
gbonty:
If na igala girl or idoma girl, abeg bring am come

LoL, she is an Idoma girl. She is from Ohimini local government in Benue State.
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by Demigod22: 10:44pm On Jun 11, 2022
omooba969:
Your mum is trying to set you up for trouble - this I have seen.

LoL, I have already escape that trouble. I am even leaving home for good before next week ending.
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by Demigod22: 10:50pm On Jun 11, 2022
umurphy:
Lucky you.
I was matched about 16 years ago in my final year by a friend.
No regrets, respect and continuous respect. Food on time, hardly see dirty clothes, siblings come and extremely happy, so I tried for hers too. She was in her final year too. If I have to marry again, I will choose that option.
Being you spec. Women body are not designed to be static. She will change from fig 8-18 if not controlled with marriage and children or otherwise.
Bros, you only need advise from your maker and the inner man..you.
Commit it to your creator.

Lucky you man. Although, I am not relatively concerned about the body shape but notwithstanding, she is a beautiful girl. My concern is her mindset, perception about things, her attitude, her views and all that. She is too spiritually inclined for me. The other I was invited to their church by her mother and I attended the youth meeting, we were asked to read Bible from Genesis to revelation, for the whole year of course, I am a devoted Catholic, so whenever she asked me and I said I haven't started, she will start saying I don't want to be serious, so when I told her I am not religious nor spiritual and I am not interested in reading the Bible, she was disappointed and shocked.
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by realestate99: 10:51pm On Jun 11, 2022
ravensckar:
Mine was on the contrary. Na my papa scatter the free kpekus wey I don arrange for long.

There's this lady whose mum attend our prayer gathering (Asalatu). Initially, it was only the mum alone that used to attend. I sha noticed that the mum likes me so much, she'll be smiling while talking to me. Asking me about school, studies and life after school. Long story cut short, she brought her daughter (tall, fair, beautiful & well endowed) to the group and specifically introduced us.

We became so close that I started getting the son in-law vibe from the mum. The mum now jokingly told my dad that she'd be expecting him to pay her a visit soon so as to formalize the union. Na there kasala take burst. My dad told her that it will be better for her if her daughter is unmarried than to betroth her to me. That she probably don't know my nickname 'Shevchenko'. I no dey miss one on one. And that by the time I destroyed her daughter's womb, las las, I no go still marry her. The woman was beyond shocked.

As if that was not enough, my dad made a public sermon also talking about how humans can never be perfect. He said for example, as intelligent and well-behaved as I am, I no dey use eye see women (especially a fair & beautiful one). The man burn my cable publicly. Na so the relationship crashed before it even began. It took me a while to forgive him for that action because I been don program that chick for long term chopping. cheesy cheesy cheesy Aside that, every other lady in that our group started avoiding me like plague. It was even rumoured that if they smile at me, they will be hooked.

Fast forward to 5 years ago when I introduced my then fiancé to him. This man started again. He asked her if she truly knows what she's getting into. That I just look responsible for face but I no dey use eye see anything under skirt. After asking her which university she graduated from, my dad told her he was sure that I'd have other girlfriends in that same institution. Fear catch my fiancé. But luckily, I had told her everything about my past and how I've repented. Na there that relationship too for hit rock. cheesy cheesy

Some years later, I asked him why he was deliberately sabotaging me. He said he wants the ladies to know what they are getting into. Since him self born female pikin, he wouldn't open his eyes and let me destroy someone daughter's future. sad sad

So, those of una wey una parents dey try arrange for una, you people are very lucky. Me, after I don suffer arrange chick for myself, na my papa go scatter everything.
Lol@ shevchenko!! Your story is the best I have read this year on this forum.

2 Likes

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by Demigod22: 10:55pm On Jun 11, 2022
Noblewealth:
I have a female who is presently serving who had this kind of experience. The guy das use to be their customer, so the man will always call the girl my wife..

Fast track, he introduce his son to this girl, they started dating, things was going smoothly not ontill she started requesting for things the guy start playing smart guy after he had bang kpetus multiple times. Long story short, the guy was a serial cheater and played along with his dad plan(I'm very sure the father was oblivious of the latter incident) and everything later ends in premium tears for her before she could realize that the guy is a gee after 5 month of Hard knacking and time..
I still console her till date.

Hahaha, but this is really heartbreaking to her. I don't support the guy's cheating attitude, that's irresponsible and indiscipline. But I don't understand why the girl should be requesting things from him though, is it because they are having sex?
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by Demigod22: 10:57pm On Jun 11, 2022
womenareapez:
I bet you, you won't regret. Just keep that at the back of your mind that you will date a White woman apart from those gorillas species called naija women undecided

I'm a living testimony and the experience so far is out of this world kiss

White women will choke you with love but gorillas will finish you with frustration undecided

Be wise and dont go for gorillas

LoL, I will follow this your advice senior man.

1 Like

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by Demigod22: 11:03pm On Jun 11, 2022
exboyolu:
Having to marry someone known by your parent (family friends) is one of the excellent practices of old that the so called education has eroded from this generation.

Marrying a complete stranger is risky and bad at the same time, except in few cases and that is by chance.

Have you seen people married to beautiful lady and the best he ever came across but ended with regrets because it happens that some special diseases (e.g. bipolar disorder) got transfer to all his kids and the wife also suffer from such? Go for parent recommendation. they know what we don't know.

My Sincere advise is to take the opportunity your parent is trying to give you. Marrying to a family friend is one of the excellent support a parent can do for their child/daughters. Because they know the history of that family and several information that you don't even know.

Please go for her if you like her physically (if she likes you and you like her).
never reject the proposal just because it came from your parent. Noooo, please accept your mother's suggestion and make her happy and I can assure you you will never regret the decision by the grace of God. The fact that it came from your parent should make you go for it. you may leave to regret the decision if you don't accept your parent suggestion. Marrying totally strangers in the name of love is dangerous., unfortunately the innocent children often leave with the effect of their father's decision to marry a stranger, whose family history were not know. by the time special ailment starts coming it will be too late.

You may private chart me for more family related counselling.

please accept your mother's suggestion and make her happy and I can assure you you will never regret the decision by the grace of God.
cheers...

wishing you all the best.

Thanks man for your opinion.
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by Demigod22: 11:08pm On Jun 11, 2022
Munzy14:

Your papa na guy man... grin...

Na the same kind I have...I laugh at his coded moves.

Well he is the last person to match make anything for his sons...He will only give you guidelines on securing the better half..Which you as a modern day man may or may not agree with all..

I enjoy the mutual respect that exist between I and my Dad..He believe I am his Dad reincarnation, so the respect for my choice anď decisions has been there and doesnt hesitate to back me up whenever it is necessary.

As for my mom, rare breed...Things like this doesnt border her at all...She will tell you when you are ready bring her home.. grin

Some mothers too like all those My son will marry your daughter gist...smh
I just don't like the match making idea..Parents must allow their children pick who gladens their heart, bring him/her home and present to them as the one.

Yeah, that's the proper thing to do, allow your children to make crucial choices for their lives.

1 Like

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by Demigod22: 11:15pm On Jun 11, 2022
Icumsa45:
My parents are trying to match make me with one but I don't care anymore. Even if my choice gives them high BP so be it.

Hahaha, you are a real nigga.
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by Demigod22: 11:21pm On Jun 11, 2022
cayorday89:
Not me but my younger sister, and it was by the Mummy G.O of my dad's church, she has the money and really pampered her children, whereas my father on the other hand use iron hand train us. The G.O wanted her son to get married and all of a sudden they headed to our house for introduction without prior notice while myself and sister were serving, only for my sister to call me crying that she was called from home that they brought things for her introduction to marry the G.O's son and she is not interested in the guy, I told her to calm down and not be worried that nothing of such will happen as long as I am alive, we will wage war against them including our parents if they dare support such move, because the guy was nothing to write home about in terms of character and does not even have a job of his own but mummy's money. They begged her and promised to open a pharmacy for her but she refused and na this same woman go tell church members to always bring names of suitors to know God's will on such union and I was wondering if God did not reveal it to her in before her coming to our house for introduction without prior notice except that her son calls my sister as the church member that she is.

I like the way you stood up for your sister, it's a beautiful thing to do.

2 Likes

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by Demigod22: 11:23pm On Jun 11, 2022
damoobaba:

As she see say your life no too balance. You have a good Mum.

LoL, normally I am bigger than your bad mouth.
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by Demigod22: 11:25pm On Jun 11, 2022
LordReed:

Yes they tried and I tried to enjoy the experience but ultimately I chose for myself. Don't sweat it, parents of the generation seem to want to do that quite a bit. I like how you just smiled. Keep it that way, when it's time to do your thing don’t let them dictate to you, politely do your thing.

You are a correct brother.
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by kingyakos: 11:27pm On Jun 11, 2022
Demigod22:

Intelligence: I am sapiosexual

Sense of humour

Resourcefulness

Humane

Ability to communicate coherently

Nice but you can't get all those qualities from one woman especially in this age of detroirated moral behavior.

If u can find a woman with sympathy just stick to her for it's better for a woman to say no I won't do this because i love my husband than to say let me do it now that my husband is not around though i still love him.
Marriage is deeper than all the knowledge that you will seek before or after marriage.

A woman could find all those qualities from a man but the reverse is the case.

1 Like

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by Demigod22: 11:29pm On Jun 11, 2022
hardon1:

Is it me that doesnt understand it the poster is contradicting himself

Sorry, it's typographical error, I meant to say that's not the kind of girl I want.
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by Karleb(m): 11:30pm On Jun 11, 2022
omooba969:

What's so special about the lady you don't even know that you're now convulsing over this matter? undecided

Is she the only good girl in town?

Mtcheeeew!

I'm tired, they all just carry the girl matter for head.

If you miss her yen yen yen.
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by Demigod22: 11:35pm On Jun 11, 2022
stanvesco:

Bro first see the girl.
What if she's sexy as anything. Kindhearted. Coolheaded. Cultured with fear of God. And actually a wide material?

One bottle of predator for you. I am interested in this kind of girls.
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by Demigod22: 11:37pm On Jun 11, 2022
orlahtohbadt:
Bro sorry to enter the conversation o but what didn’t work for you doesn’t necessarily mean it won’t work for another. Some people will get that karishika and they will be happy while some will get that holy girl and they will be living in hell cos there and then you’d find they are worse than karishika and no backing out.

Your logic is beyond propaganda.
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by Demigod22: 11:38pm On Jun 11, 2022
Nnamaka1:
When you are not forthcoming and doing the needful, They will do it for you. Lol

LoL, but I am still young, I am not even close to thirty yet.
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by Slynation(m): 11:59pm On Jun 11, 2022
ravensckar:
Mine was on the contrary. Na my papa scatter the free kpekus wey I don arrange for long.

There's this lady whose mum attend our prayer gathering (Asalatu). Initially, it was only the mum alone that used to attend. I sha noticed that the mum likes me so much, she'll be smiling while talking to me. Asking me about school, studies and life after school. Long story cut short, she brought her daughter (tall, fair, beautiful & well endowed) to the group and specifically introduced us.

We became so close that I started getting the son in-law vibe from the mum. The mum now jokingly told my dad that she'd be expecting him to pay her a visit soon so as to formalize the union. Na there kasala take burst. My dad told her that it will be better for her if her daughter is unmarried than to betroth her to me. That she probably don't know my nickname 'Shevchenko'. I no dey miss one on one. And that by the time I destroyed her daughter's womb, las las, I no go still marry her. The woman was beyond shocked.

As if that was not enough, my dad made a public sermon also talking about how humans can never be perfect. He said for example, as intelligent and well-behaved as I am, I no dey use eye see women (especially a fair & beautiful one). The man burn my cable publicly. Na so the relationship crashed before it even began. It took me a while to forgive him for that action because I been don program that chick for long term chopping. cheesy cheesy cheesy Aside that, every other lady in that our group started avoiding me like plague. It was even rumoured that if they smile at me, they will be hooked.

Fast forward to 5 years ago when I introduced my then fiancé to him. This man started again. He asked her if she truly knows what she's getting into. That I just look responsible for face but I no dey use eye see anything under skirt. After asking her which university she graduated from, my dad told her he was sure that I'd have other girlfriends in that same institution. Fear catch my fiancé. But luckily, I had told her everything about my past and how I've repented. Na there that relationship too for hit rock. cheesy cheesy

Some years later, I asked him why he was deliberately sabotaging me. He said he wants the ladies to know what they are getting into. Since him self born female pikin, he wouldn't open his eyes and let me destroy someone daughter's future. sad sad

So, those of una wey una parents dey try arrange for una, you people are very lucky. Me, after I don suffer arrange chick for myself, na my papa go scatter everything.
Lwkm....grin grin
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by SeriouslySense(m): 1:03am On Jun 12, 2022
True, particularly

Demigod22:

I totally agree with you 100 percent. Being good towards people is more important than being religious. When I am going to marry a woman, I always look out for:

Intelligence

Sense of humor

Humane/kindness

Resourcefulness

Not religious or spiritual whatever, and I am liberal, I don't care about your religious beliefs either, it's personal.
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by lordally(m): 1:43am On Jun 12, 2022
cayorday89:
Not me but my younger sister, and it was by the Mummy G.O of my dad's church, she has the money and really pampered her children, whereas my father on the other hand use iron hand train us. The G.O wanted her son to get married and all of a sudden they headed to our house for introduction without prior notice while myself and sister were serving, only for my sister to call me crying that she was called from home that they brought things for her introduction to marry the G.O's son and she is not interested in the guy, I told her to calm down and not be worried that nothing of such will happen as long as I am alive, we will wage war against them including our parents if they dare support such move, because the guy was nothing to write home about in terms of character and does not even have a job of his own but mummy's money. They begged her and promised to open a pharmacy for her but she refused and na this same woman go tell church members to always bring names of suitors to know God's will on such union and I was wondering if God did not reveal it to her in before her coming to our house for introduction without prior notice except that her son calls my sister as the church member that she is.

My brother no be today scam don dey happen for church

1 Like

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by cutedharmee: 2:41am On Jun 12, 2022
Lewisjohnson:

After she don bleep many dicks for 3yrs u still com back marry am,
Ur Mumu never do
Did I complain to u? I'm aware of the bleepn and I love her like dat. U wey no mumu we dey hre dey watch wetin go end u.
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by cayorday89(m): 6:00am On Jun 12, 2022
Demigod22:

I like the way you stood up for your sister, it's a beautiful thing to do.
No other option, she is my favourite, I was not even later involved till it was resolved, since she siad no with all their offers, there was nothing they could do.
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by bnadam21: 6:25am On Jun 12, 2022
This thread sweet die, I'm here for the hilarious comments. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by TruthinAction: 7:29am On Jun 12, 2022
Demigod22:

Thanks for your opinion bro, I appreciate it.

You are welcome

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The Kind Of Flowers That Appeal To A Nigerian Girlfriend - Twitter User (Photo) / Should I Tell My Friend About His Loyal Girlfriend? / Happy Nairalanders Having Fun At A House Party.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.