Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,045 members, 7,931,590 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 09:06 AM

Is There Any Rule Governing Fashion? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Is There Any Rule Governing Fashion? (1058 Views)

Rule Your Customer's Wardrobe With Gorgeous Pencil Skirts From Oasis Plus Size / SAG Awards 2015:ladies In Cleavage & Plunging Necklines Rule The Red Carpet / The Three Months Weave Rule (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There Any Rule Governing Fashion? by noelite(m): 6:09pm On Aug 10, 2007
I had a serious disput with my friend in LAG the other day over his outfit. He was wearing a shirt made of Ankara on a Jean throuser. It was looking too offensive to me. But when I quietly talked to the guy it became something else.

He claims there's no law governing how one should dress. What do you think?
Re: Is There Any Rule Governing Fashion? by omogenaija(f): 9:19pm On Aug 11, 2007
noelite:

I had a serious disput with my friend in LAG the other day over his outfit. He was wearing a shirt made of Ankara on a Jean throuser. It was looking too offensive to me. But when I quietly talked to the guy it became something else.

He claims there's no law governing how one should dress. What do you think?

ur friend is right , there is no law @ all , everyone has their own taste which works for him/her .
and i've seen ppl pull off that style real well, infact i've done it myself and eveyone was loving it
Re: Is There Any Rule Governing Fashion? by noelite(m): 11:27am On Aug 13, 2007
but how can you really say that fashion has no rule. Can you wear native atire with trainners?
Re: Is There Any Rule Governing Fashion? by iice(f): 3:09pm On Aug 13, 2007
There are some rules that are somewhat universal, though i don't see anything wrong with mixing ankara with jeans.

If you are overweight or quite big, don't wear horizontal strips as the only serve to widen your appearance - that's a rule

If you want to look slimmer, wear black - another rule

There are quite a few but i dnt usually follow them.
Re: Is There Any Rule Governing Fashion? by funmeme(f): 9:59am On Aug 14, 2007
any how u want it. but be cautious.
Re: Is There Any Rule Governing Fashion? by ikamefa(f): 1:35am On Aug 17, 2007
if there are fashion rules

then am a convict! grin

i wear anything at anytime i like! grin

in anycase fashion rules if they exist are meant to be broken cheesy

mix and match up accessories,shoes and clothes

come out looking fierce and fabulous grin

why do you think all this fashion stylists and designers make billions of dollars erryear?

because they make their own rules, they are confident about their creations

and through the power of suggestion sell it to us, the common man on the streets

that is when you start to hear words like " edgy"," fierce" grin grin grin grin

but of course every "Sule " on the street wants to look edgy, fabulous and fierce " grin "
Re: Is There Any Rule Governing Fashion? by noelite(m): 11:24am On Aug 29, 2007
Coming from the Idea of rules. Don't you think rules are not necessarily stated or written somewhere.

For instance you've been come to see you shouldn't wear suit on sandals. You observe it not just as a norm but as an unwritten rule. Not so?

(1) (Reply)

Need Colours For My Room. Can You Help? / Please I Need The Best Body Cream For Pimples / Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.