Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,211 members, 7,880,764 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 06:30 AM

The 6th Igbo State Must Be Anioma State- Igbodefender.com - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The 6th Igbo State Must Be Anioma State- Igbodefender.com (7919 Views)

Why Anioma State Should Not See The Light Of The Day / Group Wants Igbanke Included In The Proposed Anioma State / The Next Gold Rush May Happen In Ebonyi State, Nigeria- Igbodefender.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The 6th Igbo State Must Be Anioma State- Igbodefender.com by EzeUche(m): 7:52pm On Jul 20, 2011

Ofu Obi Bu Ike Anyi cool
Re: The 6th Igbo State Must Be Anioma State- Igbodefender.com by tpia5: 7:53pm On Jul 20, 2011
Re: The 6th Igbo State Must Be Anioma State- Igbodefender.com by EzeUche(m): 7:54pm On Jul 20, 2011

Anioma state would be a nice addition to the South-East.
Re: The 6th Igbo State Must Be Anioma State- Igbodefender.com by Chyz2: 7:55pm On Jul 20, 2011
Obiagu1:

I have no idea. I think the masses will have to find a way to get across to the politicians that matter that we only need Anioma.

Methinks we need to put up editorials in Vanguard, The Sun, etc. about Anioma State periodically.
Re: The 6th Igbo State Must Be Anioma State- Igbodefender.com by EzeUche(m): 7:55pm On Jul 20, 2011
tpia@:

^that's an accurate statement.

the reason they arent yoruba, or dont claim yoruba, is probably because they predate the term yoruba.

the lukumi language is a very old form of yoruba which is no longer spoken in the southwest.

not sure if it's the same one found in cuba however.

Another interesting observation. I thought the Itsekiri also predate the Yoruba as well.

Will a Yoruba person understand the olukumi language?
Re: The 6th Igbo State Must Be Anioma State- Igbodefender.com by tpia5: 7:56pm On Jul 20, 2011
Re: The 6th Igbo State Must Be Anioma State- Igbodefender.com by Chyz2: 7:57pm On Jul 20, 2011
EzeUche:

Another interesting observation. I thought the Itsekiri also predate the Yoruba as well.

Will a Yoruba person understand the olukumi language?

This is about anioma, not yorubas. Stick to igbo affairs. Let them deal with themselves. cool
Re: The 6th Igbo State Must Be Anioma State- Igbodefender.com by tpia5: 7:57pm On Jul 20, 2011
Re: The 6th Igbo State Must Be Anioma State- Igbodefender.com by tpia5: 7:58pm On Jul 20, 2011
Re: The 6th Igbo State Must Be Anioma State- Igbodefender.com by EzeUche(m): 7:58pm On Jul 20, 2011
Chyz*:

This is about anioma, not yorubas. Stick to igbo affairs. Let them deal with themselves. cool

True. And the Anioma, Ukwuani and Ika are Igbo so that is what matters.

Asaba, Agbo and Kwale, Igbanke will be part of an Anioma state.

Re: The 6th Igbo State Must Be Anioma State- Igbodefender.com by Obiagu1(m): 7:59pm On Jul 20, 2011
Chyz*:

Methinks we need to put up editorials in Vanguard, The Sun, etc. about Anioma State periodically.

Sounds good.
Re: The 6th Igbo State Must Be Anioma State- Igbodefender.com by bashr4: 7:59pm On Jul 20, 2011
Negro_Ntns:

Oh Eze, they are Yoruba by self will, not by any cajoling. What does that say about you people?

They lived there for centuries and refused to give up their pride, in fact rejected neighboring pressure. They don't mind communicating in your language, their destiny is not Igbo. I have counted online over 10 different settlers say you are the wrong choice.

We will vote you out of Nigeria.

now you are begining to reason with us, they reject us just as we have made it clear we are not nigerians and we want out , what other evidence do you need? from today you will be biafras spokes person in the SW after wole soyinka, congratulations cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: The 6th Igbo State Must Be Anioma State- Igbodefender.com by bellten: 7:59pm On Jul 20, 2011
@ 2mch, the link isn't going.

As Obiagu said, those people are Igbos.
Re: The 6th Igbo State Must Be Anioma State- Igbodefender.com by naijaking1: 8:06pm On Jul 20, 2011
I support the creation of Anioma as the 7th Igbo state.
Re: The 6th Igbo State Must Be Anioma State- Igbodefender.com by dayokanu(m): 8:20pm On Jul 20, 2011
If states are given one per geopolical Zone then Anioma would be for the SE while the SS gets another State
Re: The 6th Igbo State Must Be Anioma State- Igbodefender.com by bellten: 8:31pm On Jul 20, 2011
The Anioma's already have some powerful voices in Iweala and Uwechue, who understand the need for Igbo unity.
Re: The 6th Igbo State Must Be Anioma State- Igbodefender.com by NegroNtns(m): 8:31pm On Jul 20, 2011
@tpia,

The people themselves have declared who they are and what their intention is. Are you sure they are not Yoruba?

We don't say Ijebus are not Yorubas or the Ijeshas or the Aworis are not Yoruba. Lukumi is their dialect under the Yoruba nation.

Go to FB and type "ugbodu" in search or "lukumi"
Re: The 6th Igbo State Must Be Anioma State- Igbodefender.com by NegroNtns(m): 8:44pm On Jul 20, 2011
Anioma will be created to include the following lands and its people. If that's not possible, we will influence efforts in the center to kill any dream of an ANIOMA state.

"Investigations conducted revealed that Ugbodu is not the only community where Oluku mi is spoken in Aniocha North Local Government as the language is also spoken in Ukwu-Nzu (Eko Efun), Ubulubu and Ogodo"
Re: The 6th Igbo State Must Be Anioma State- Igbodefender.com by PointB: 8:48pm On Jul 20, 2011
Negro_Ntns:

Anioma will be created to include the following lands and its people. If that's not possible, we will influence efforts in the center to kill any dream of an ANIOMA state.

"Investigations conducted revealed that Ugbodu is not the only community where Oluku mi is spoken in Aniocha North Local Government as the language is also spoken in Ukwu-Nzu (Eko Efun), Ubulubu and Ogodo"

someone wants to stop a moving train. i laugh in olodowa oduduwa  grin grin grin
Re: The 6th Igbo State Must Be Anioma State- Igbodefender.com by EzeUche(m): 9:00pm On Jul 20, 2011
Anioma state will be created. The South-East supports it and it will be part of the agenda.  cool

PDP will create another state, so who is going to stop them? ACN? I dey laugh.
Re: The 6th Igbo State Must Be Anioma State- Igbodefender.com by bellten: 9:01pm On Jul 20, 2011
@ Negro-ntns,
Lol @ Eko Efun. Where did you get that? The people call their town Ukwu Nzu, and that's that.
Re: The 6th Igbo State Must Be Anioma State- Igbodefender.com by EzeUche(m): 9:02pm On Jul 20, 2011
[img]http://1.bp..com/_DeabNDTNx68/SSnLxqWfE_I/AAAAAAAAAaY/p_A8lppknM4/s1600/Delta_Ethnic_final.jpg[/img]

[b]Ika, Aniocha and the Ukwuani [/b]will be taken out of Delta state.

I see no mention of these Olukuni in this map. 
Re: The 6th Igbo State Must Be Anioma State- Igbodefender.com by bashr4: 9:08pm On Jul 20, 2011
Negro_Ntns:

@tpia,

The people themselves have declared who they are and what their intention is. Are you sure they are not Yoruba?

We don't say Ijebus are not Yorubas or the Ijeshas or the Aworis are not Yoruba. Lukumi is their dialect under the Yoruba nation.

Go to FB and type "ugbodu" in search or "lukumi"

ugbodu is an igbo name the same facebook your making refrence to confirms it .
Re: The 6th Igbo State Must Be Anioma State- Igbodefender.com by Onlytruth(m): 9:22pm On Jul 20, 2011
With Ralph Uwechue at the helm of Ohanaeze, there is no better time for Anioma state to be created and added to SE. That addition to SE is the magic key, especially if other zones don't get extra states. If they do, then Anioma should still be created and added to the SE, but another state should also be created in the SE. Igbos are very passionate about the creation of Anioma state and its addition to SE.
It is time we start unifying our people. If Uwechue fails to achieve this, then he would have failed completely.
Re: The 6th Igbo State Must Be Anioma State- Igbodefender.com by NegroNtns(m): 9:42pm On Jul 20, 2011
Lol, its a killed plan without inclusion of lukumi.

To stop a moving train you change the flag and signal the engineer to come to abrupt stop or commit suicide.
Re: The 6th Igbo State Must Be Anioma State- Igbodefender.com by EzeUche(m): 9:42pm On Jul 20, 2011
Negro_Ntns:

Lol, its a killed plan without inclusion of lukumi.

To stop a moving train you change the flag and signal the engineer to come to abrupt stop or commit suicide.

Who is going to stop Anioma state?
Re: The 6th Igbo State Must Be Anioma State- Igbodefender.com by vicenzo(m): 10:52pm On Jul 20, 2011
Negro nts is a funny fella,hehehe!
Re: The 6th Igbo State Must Be Anioma State- Igbodefender.com by odumchi: 2:27am On Jul 21, 2011
Eze Aro Uche your maps are priceless. grin
Re: The 6th Igbo State Must Be Anioma State- Igbodefender.com by olisaokere(m): 10:38pm On Sep 08, 2012
alj_harem:

who told you aniomas are igbos. maybe you need to educate urself about anioma

so now u would tell us u too are anioma

http://www.articlesbase.com/politics-articles/anioma-igbo-ijaw-itsekiri-urhobo-isoko-leave-us-alone-650412.html

OGA I AM FROM ANIOCHA SOUTH IN DELTA STATE AND I AM A PROUD IGBO MAN.THE LINK YOU POSTED ABOVE CAME FROM A MAN WHO IS SENTIMENTAL AND PROBABLY SUFFERING FROM IDENTITY CRISIS.THATS WHY HE AND HIS PARTNERS ARE FIGHTING HARD TO CREATE A NEW ETHNIC GROUP.HE SPEAKS FOR HIMSELF ALONE.IF HE HAS A PROBLEM BEING IGBO,THEN HIS PROBLEM IT WILL REMAIN.HIS TYPE ARE THE ONES BRINGING OUR REGION INTO MOCKERY.ANIOMA IS IGBO.TAKE A LOOK AT ARO HISTORY,AND YET THEY HAVE NEVER DENIED BEING IGBO.
Re: The 6th Igbo State Must Be Anioma State- Igbodefender.com by OneNaira6: 11:01pm On Sep 08, 2012
bellten: Posted on 20/07/2011 by Prince Charles Oforkaja

Igboland doesn’t end at the mouth of the River Niger. It extends to encompass the Anioma (Igbo) part of Delta State.
Across the polity, there is now a wide acceptance of the need for a sixth Igbo state. As a consequence, several political groups from the South East have been angling for their localities to be carved out as this new state. These moves are not advisable. What Ndigbo need now is an Anioma State, west of the Niger.

At least the Igbos from the South East have internal autonomy, and the chance to develop themselves to an extent. The Anioma people don’t. For instance, they have never produced a governor in Delta State, despite the rich array of administrative talents they posses. They must be given their own chance. They cannot be left to wallow in neglect forever.

The Rivers State Igbos are doing well, so we don’t need to worry about them. But we must save the Anioma people. They are one of us.

I am talking of the land of Olaudah Ekwuano and Chukwuma Nzeogu. They are one of us.

http://igbodefender.com/?p=222
© igbodefender.com 2011

Such beautifully written. Thank you

I love seeing SE Igbos clamoring Aniomaland alongside Anioma. It shows we are one and we'll always support eachother.

Threads like this bring joy to my heart. Thank you. Daluso
Re: The 6th Igbo State Must Be Anioma State- Igbodefender.com by OneNaira6: 11:04pm On Sep 08, 2012
olisaokere:

OGA I AM FROM ANIOCHA SOUTH IN DELTA STATE AND I AM A PROUD IGBO MAN.THE LINK YOU POSTED ABOVE CAME FROM A MAN WHO IS SENTIMENTAL AND PROBABLY SUFFERING FROM IDENTITY CRISIS.THATS WHY HE AND HIS PARTNERS ARE FIGHTING HARD TO CREATE A NEW ETHNIC GROUP.HE SPEAKS FOR HIMSELF ALONE.IF HE HAS A PROBLEM BEING IGBO,THEN HIS PROBLEM IT WILL REMAIN.HIS TYPE ARE THE ONES BRINGING OUR REGION INTO MOCKERY.ANIOMA IS IGBO.TAKE A LOOK AT ARO HISTORY,AND YET THEY HAVE NEVER DENIED BEING IGBO.

Nwokem. You are new so I'll inform you this: Ignore Alj_harem, all he ever does is try to spread false rumors. He's notorious on NL for such, among others so best ignore them.
Re: The 6th Igbo State Must Be Anioma State- Igbodefender.com by bushwailo: 1:10am On Sep 09, 2012
Egba is Igbo grin grin
Na wa o !

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Police Parade Kidnappers Of Osun Speaker’s Wife. / . / Things Are About To Turn Bloody In Rivers State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.