Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,964 members, 7,980,468 topics. Date: Sunday, 20 October 2024 at 03:22 PM

Do Christians And Muslims Worship The Same God? Who Is Allah? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Christians And Muslims Worship The Same God? Who Is Allah? (1791 Views)

Do Christians And Muslims Worship The Same God? / Christians And Muslims Celebrate Christmas Together In Kaduna (Photo) / Coronavirus Is Changing The Way Muslims Worship Across The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Christians And Muslims Worship The Same God? Who Is Allah? by RoyalDiadems: 11:35pm On Jun 20, 2022
AntiChristian:

Which translation of the Qu'ran calls Allah as such?

Are you saying that the various translations of the Quran do contradict themselves?

The Arabic word used there is 'makr' which means deception/cheating.
Re: Do Christians And Muslims Worship The Same God? Who Is Allah? by Blakjewelry(m): 11:10am On Jun 21, 2022
RoyalDiadems:

Yeah, it's quiet acceptable to deny being a Muslim. Who would want to associate himself with a god who calls himself the best of deceivers?
However, your argument is lame. None of the chronic Muslims who answered the post ever said it was quoted out of context.

Believe you me, Christians don't quote quoranic texts out of context in order to support an argument. Only Muslims do, because, as Christians, we don't dwell on lies.

Also, the purpose of exposing such texts as this is just to show our Muslim brothers that they've been deceived. This is done out of love for them, not out of an intent to attack their religion.

Muslims on the other hand see Christians as religious competitors whom they must fight and win, and since all is fair in war, they must quote out of context to attack.

True christians are not at war. We do what we do out love. Muslims on the other hand are instructed to hate Christians and even kill them. Additionally, their religion supports lying on God's behalf. Meanwhile, we Christians cannot lie on God's behalf. If we do, we will come into condemnation.

To all muslims out there,

We love you and want you to escape from the shackles of deception, and embrace eternal peace in Christ Jesus.
Lol the problem with you religious folks is you guys are not open minded. I ask you to present the entire context in which the words were used you are beating around the Bush. U talked about Muslim and war, have you take time to read your Christian religion history? Start from the old testament to the religious wars and persecution in Europe. Christian had their own history of blood bath the problem of most of you today is that you don't read.
Re: Do Christians And Muslims Worship The Same God? Who Is Allah? by Maynmann: 11:49am On Jun 21, 2022
Blakjewelry:

Lol the problem with you religious folks is you guys are not open minded. I ask you to present the entire context in which the words were used you are beating around the Bush. U talked about Muslim and war, have you take time to read your Christian religion history? Start from the old testament to the religious wars and persecution in Europe. Christian had their own history of blood bath the problem of most of you today is that you don't read.

But I already presented it to you.

Re: Do Christians And Muslims Worship The Same God? Who Is Allah? by RoyalDiadems: 1:24pm On Jun 21, 2022
Blakjewelry:

You're just trying to deviate. But, I'll keep on the track.

You never asked me to talk about the context. You only said if Muslims quote our scriptures, we'll say it's out of context. I answered you according to the tenor of your words.

However, the context is about the crucification of Jesus. Allah said he deceived the Jews to make them think they were crucifying the real Jesus, and that he's the best of deceivers.

The Old testament is the history of Israel as a nation. The wars have nothing to do with Christianity. All nations fight wars in order to remain sovereign.

The persecution in Europe was done against fellow Christians whom the heretic church believed to be impostors. Tell me where persecutions were made against Muslims in the history of the church.

Now, you might want to talk about the crusaders. Heretic Christian fighters of that era. Though, they're generally regarded as heretics, it is a known fact that they took to war to defend themselves against the Islamic Jihad of the Ottoman empire.

And all these is still different from the Muslims who have a direct instruction from Allah to kill non-muslims. They kill for their god. Which Christian in all of history has killed for his God?

Speak the truth always. Even if you're an atheist, Jesus still loves your soul.
Re: Do Christians And Muslims Worship The Same God? Who Is Allah? by AntiChristian: 7:28am On Jun 23, 2022
RoyalDiadems:

Are you saying that the various translations of the Quran do contradict themselves?

Is "make" only defined as such in all circumstances in the Arabic language?
Re: Do Christians And Muslims Worship The Same God? Who Is Allah? by AntiChristian: 7:29am On Jun 23, 2022
RoyalDiadems:

Is "makr" only defined as such in all circumstances in the Arabic language?
Re: Do Christians And Muslims Worship The Same God? Who Is Allah? by Maynmann: 7:35am On Jun 23, 2022
AntiChristian:

YES.
The Arabic word used here is "ماكر" "maakir", coming from the root m-k-r م-ك-ر, with the word Makr "مكر" meaning deception.
Re: Do Christians And Muslims Worship The Same God? Who Is Allah? by RoyalDiadems: 7:55am On Jun 23, 2022
AntiChristian:

Yes, my friend. Three prominent Arabic Dictionaries define Makr as Deception. Also, a linguist said something about the word:

https://www.danielpipes.org/comments/238620
Re: Do Christians And Muslims Worship The Same God? Who Is Allah? by haekymbahd(m): 8:50am On Jun 23, 2022
RoyalDiadems:

Yes, my friend. Three prominent Arabic Dictionaries define Makr as Deception. Also, a linguist said something about the word:

Can you post the verse and tell us how the disbelievers deceived to kill Jesus

Allah SWT said:

"And the disbelievers planned, but Allah planned. And Allah is the best of planners."
(QS. Aal-i-Imraan 3: Verse 54)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Christians And Muslims Worship The Same God? Who Is Allah? by RoyalDiadems: 8:56am On Jun 23, 2022
haekymbahd:

Allah SWT said:

"And the disbelievers planned, but Allah planned. And Allah is the best of planners."

The word translated 'Plan' is makr. Three prominent Arabic dictionaries define Makr as deception or cheating.

Even on wikiIslam, the correct translation as Makr is confirmed.

Makr is not the Arabic word for Plan in any sense of the language.

1 Like

Re: Do Christians And Muslims Worship The Same God? Who Is Allah? by Maynmann: 8:56am On Jun 23, 2022
haekymbahd:

Allah SWT said:

You are repeating exactly what they said in the link bwahahahah

Re: Do Christians And Muslims Worship The Same God? Who Is Allah? by AntiChristian: 6:31am On Jun 24, 2022
RoyalDiadems:

So na danielpipes i will get my unbiased proof from right?

Wait! Is your Holy spirit from Daniel pipes too? Seems all of you Christians are like this.

The translation is "plan" but according to your holy spirit it must be "deception" as you must be against Islam by fire by force!
Re: Do Christians And Muslims Worship The Same God? Who Is Allah? by RoyalDiadems: 7:32am On Jun 24, 2022
AntiChristian:

So na danielpipes i will get my unbiased proof from right?

Wait! Is your Holy spirit from Daniel pipes too? Seems all of you Christians are like this.

The translation is "plan" but according to your holy spirit it must be "deception" as you must be against Islam by fire by force!

Man is so pained that he couldn't even provide any logical explanation than to attack.

WikiIslam already defined makr as deception. Daniel Pipes is a linguist and so could provide meaningful contribution. Now below is the definition of makr from Arabic dictionary:

You guys love deception and hate the truth. Is that not demonic?

1 Like

Re: Do Christians And Muslims Worship The Same God? Who Is Allah? by AntiChristian: 7:06am On Jun 26, 2022
RoyalDiadems:

Man is so pained that he couldn't even provide any logical explanation than to attack.

WikiIslam already defined makr as deception. Daniel Pipes is a linguist and so could provide meaningful contribution. Now below is the definition of makr from Arabic dictionary:

You guys love deception and hate the truth. Is that not demonic?

But holy spirit didn't let you accept my definition that spirit is same as soul from your Bible.

I think you're pained here as i don't even have time to reply you.

All the translations i use don't carry you interpretation.

And mind you, we describe Allah in the best way possible without blemish.

It's the Christian God who can't die but will find one way to still die.

The God that was described with various demeaning attributes that ought not be attributed to someone called God.
Re: Do Christians And Muslims Worship The Same God? Who Is Allah? by GreatAxeMan: 7:23am On Jun 26, 2022
Your illiterate degenerate "prophet" desperately wanted credibility so in order to boost his low self esteem, he began claiming that his pagan idol god allah who the Quraysh have always worshipped since the days of their ancestor Adnan is the same as the God of the Jews and Christians.

Of course true Christians reject this nonsense.

AntiChristian:

But holy spirit didn't let you accept my definition that spirit is same as soul from your Bible.

The God that was described with various demeaning attributes that ought not be attributed to someone called God.
Re: Do Christians And Muslims Worship The Same God? Who Is Allah? by AntiChristian: 7:49am On Jun 26, 2022
haekymbahd:

Allah SWT said:

Holy Spirit is unable to help royaldiadems in this case
Re: Do Christians And Muslims Worship The Same God? Who Is Allah? by michaelwestern(m): 9:18am On Jun 26, 2022
Muslims and Christians definitely don't worship the same God. Some church goers are not even worshipping God not to talk of Muslims.

The only way to God is to believe that Jesus Christ is the son of God, He is also God, He became man, lived on earth and died for our sins. You must also confess him as your Lord and Savior. Anybody that has not done that is not serving the same God with Christians.
Re: Do Christians And Muslims Worship The Same God? Who Is Allah? by RoyalDiadems: 9:52am On Jun 26, 2022
AntiChristian:

Holy Spirit is unable to help royaldiadems in this case

After you have run away from all mentions?

Can't you see? Plan in Arabic is Khuta (خطة). The word Makr is deception, I have shown you Arabic dictionary translation of the word in a previous post which I will repost below:

The quranic verse where Allah confessed to be a deceiver is Surah 3:54 which was plainly quoted by the OP.

You love to be deceived. I'll soon start a series here to analyse the Quran and make millions of Muslims know the truth.

My prayer for you is to make heaven at last. Hell is not a sweet place to be.

1 Like

Re: Do Christians And Muslims Worship The Same God? Who Is Allah? by RoyalDiadems: 10:00am On Jun 26, 2022
AntiChristian:

I have shown you countless verses from the Bible that clearly differentiates spirit from soul. I would not go back into these things.

Let me leave you with this: Whatever You Think Or Believe Does Not Change Existing Reality.

If Quran is telling you that spirit equals soul and reality is telling you that they're different as confirmed by the Bible, then the Quran is fake.

I'll soon begin a series on Nairaland to open people's eyes, so, just wait and see. Call all your Imams to come and defend the fallacies of the Quran on this forum.

More souls must be saved from the grip of hell.
Re: Do Christians And Muslims Worship The Same God? Who Is Allah? by AntiChristian: 10:05am On Jun 26, 2022
RoyalDiadems:

After you have run away from all mentions?

Can't you see? Plan in Arabic is Khuta (خطة). The word Makr is deception, I have shown you Arabic dictionary translation of the word in a previous post which I will repost below:

The quranic verse where Allah confessed to be a deceiver is Surah 3:54 which was plainly quoted by the OP.

You love to be deceived. I'll soon start a series here to analyse the Quran and make millions of Muslims know the truth.

My prayer for you is to make heaven at last. Hell is not a sweet place to be.

Millions of Muslims to see your perceived form of holy spirit truth?

Bring all the times "makr" was used in the Qu'ran and explain how deception fits in to all of it.

You may as well claim being a
graduate. Yet you refuse to accept that a word can have different meaning in different context!

I don't have time to waste on Christian liars/bigots.
Re: Do Christians And Muslims Worship The Same God? Who Is Allah? by RoyalDiadems: 10:14am On Jun 26, 2022
AntiChristian:

Millions of Muslims to see your perceived form of holy spirit truth?

Bring all the times "makr" was used in the Qu'ran and explain how deception fits in to all of it.

You may as well claim being a
graduate. Yet you refuse to accept that a word can have different meaning in different context!

I don't have time to waste on Christian liars/bigots.

Everyone who has been following the posts up till now already know who the liar is. So, leave the judgement to the readers.
Re: Do Christians And Muslims Worship The Same God? Who Is Allah? by apstpaulg(m): 4:28pm On Jun 26, 2022
Religion is just a system of believe, like any other thing. Spiritual realm has no interest in our religious folly. Sometimes we should learn to bring God Down from the clouds, into our every day lives. So yes, spirits (God) is one, but the are most times attracted to our consistency in our system of believe. It's a broad topic though, but let's lay low on that for now. Shalom

Apostle Paul Eshiet
Re: Do Christians And Muslims Worship The Same God? Who Is Allah? by Blakjewelry(m): 10:36am On Jun 27, 2022
RoyalDiadems:

You're just trying to deviate. But, I'll keep on the track.

You never asked me to talk about the context. You only said if Muslims quote our scriptures, we'll say it's out of context. I answered you according to the tenor of your words.

However, the context is about the crucification of Jesus. Allah said he deceived the Jews to make them think they were crucifying the real Jesus, and that he's the best of deceivers.

The Old testament is the history of Israel as a nation. The wars have nothing to do with Christianity. All nations fight wars in order to remain sovereign.

The persecution in Europe was done against fellow Christians whom the heretic church believed to be impostors. Tell me where persecutions were made against Muslims in the history of the church.

Now, you might want to talk about the crusaders. Heretic Christian fighters of that era. Though, they're generally regarded as heretics, it is a known fact that they took to war to defend themselves against the Islamic Jihad of the Ottoman empire.

And all these is still different from the Muslims who have a direct instruction from Allah to kill non-muslims. They kill for their god. Which Christian in all of history has killed for his God?

Speak the truth always. Even if you're an atheist, Jesus still loves your soul.

It's simple the reference you gave about the crucification of Jesus simply means he outsmarted the Jews in their own game but you choose to see it otherwise. Btw you you said the wars of the Jews are the old testament but you forget Islam is a branch off the old testament which still believes in the old ways also no matter what you have to say the persecutions and crusade were carried out by christians. You also said no Muslim was killed for their beliefs, go read your history, when Jerusalem fell to the Muslim empire christians were allowed to go on with their practice but when it later fell to the crusaders no single Muslim were spared.
Re: Do Christians And Muslims Worship The Same God? Who Is Allah? by ANTIlSLAM(m): 9:32pm On Jun 27, 2022
'

Re: Do Christians And Muslims Worship The Same God? Who Is Allah? by RoyalDiadems: 10:36pm On Jun 27, 2022
Blakjewelry:

It's simple the reference you gave about the crucification of Jesus simply means he outsmarted the Jews in their own game but you choose to see it otherwise. Btw you you said the wars of the Jews are the old testament but you forget Islam is a branch off the old testament which still believes in the old ways also no matter what you have to say the persecutions and crusade were carried out by christians. You also said no Muslim was killed for their beliefs, go read your history, when Jerusalem fell to the Muslim empire christians were allowed to go on with their practice but when it later fell to the crusaders no single Muslim were spared.

Man, there's no way a liar would talk lengthy talks without shooting himself in the leg eventually. The word 'outsmart' in Arabic is 'daha'. Mohammed could have used that what directly instead of using 'Makr' which means deception. We might overlook the first part of that verse but the second part of the verse which says "Allah is the best of deceivers cannot be overlooked." If Muslims could look well into their Quran, they would come into contact with truth because Allah left so many puzzling clues that could make them know they've been deceived.

That the crusades were carried out by Christians does not indict Christiendom. Both Christians and Muslims commit atrocities but only the ones committed in the name of the God they serve can be pinned on their religion.

The crusaders were Christians but they never received any commandment of God to kill. And when they did so, they didn't do it in God's name. Moreso, their acts were never universal in Christiendom. This is unlike Muslims whose god has commanded them to kill the disbelievers. They also do it in Allah's name. Terrorism and killings in Allah's name is also universally accepted among Muslims.

Islam isn't a branch of the old testament but rather a corruption of it. The only recorded religious practice similar to Islam in the old testament was recorded by prophet Ezekiel as an abomination against God.

Ezekiel 8:18

"He then brought me into the inner court of the house of the LORD, and there at the entrance to the temple, between the portico and the altar, were about twenty-five men. With their backs toward the temple of the LORD and their faces toward the east, they were bowing down to the sun in the east."

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Breaking Down The Strongholds In Your Life / Heard Of Goldie's Death And smiled in pain / Why Am I Poor??

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.