Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,711 members, 7,918,190 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 03:11 AM

Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here - Travel (74) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here (188675 Views)

Dv Lottery 2013/2014 / Dv Lottery! How Do I Fill These? / 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (92) (Go Down)

Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by brightmon: 2:48pm On Sep 10, 2012
jack_syno: Now a sleeping thread...
we told you na.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by Ashes0725: 3:54am On Sep 11, 2012
Hello everyone, i had my dv visa interview yesterday and it was sosuccessful and stress free. The
CO that interviewed me on window 13 was black and indeed nice. No tough questions at all, she even gave me a chance to go outside and get my us address and return same day. The questions i was asked were peculiar to what i do as a videomaker and computer science graduate, and i think that format also applies to everyone else. Even while waiting and listening to other people's interviews, the main question i heard was like "what was your favourite course in school?" and when you reply, they'll ask you to talk a little bit about it. So you can as well prepare a particular subject you'd like to talk about.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by Ashes0725: 4:04am On Sep 11, 2012
one interesting episode, i saw yesterday: an elderly woman who couldn't even speak English got the visa, the White CO at window 14 used an interpreter to communicate with her.she was soo excited when the guy announced that she'd gotten the visa, and was busy thanking everyone in yoruba.
Pls also note: you wont be allowed to take your phones inside the building, so you might as well drop it at home before you come or be prepared to pay a policeman to hold it for you outside.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by jacksyno(m): 4:33am On Sep 11, 2012
Ashes0725: Hello everyone, i had my dv visa interview yesterday and it was sosuccessful and stress free. The
CO that interviewed me on window 13 was black and indeed nice. No tough questions at all, she even gave me a chance to go outside and get my us address and return same day. The questions i was asked were peculiar to what i do as a videomaker and computer science graduate, and i think that format also applies to everyone else. Even while waiting and listening to other people's interviews, the main question i heard was like "what was your favourite course in school?" and when you reply, they'll ask you to talk a little bit about it. So you can as well prepare a particular subject you'd like to talk about.

Congratulations my dear... smiles
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by jacksyno(m): 4:35am On Sep 11, 2012
Ashes0725: one interesting episode, i saw yesterday: an elderly woman who couldn't even speak English got the visa, the White CO at window 14 used an interpreter to communicate with her.she was soo excited when the guy announced that she'd gotten the visa, and was busy thanking everyone in yoruba.
Pls also note: you wont be allowed to take your phones inside the building, so you might as well drop it at home before you come or be prepared to pay a policeman to hold it for you outside.

Wow.. shows what is yours is yours, no matter what.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by Nobody: 4:54am On Sep 11, 2012
Ashes0725: one interesting episode, i saw yesterday: an elderly woman who couldn't even speak English got the visa, the White CO at window 14 used an interpreter to communicate with her.she was soo excited when the guy announced that she'd gotten the visa, and was busy thanking everyone in yoruba.

I doubt they will comfortably get a younger person an interpreter. That way happens all the time. In some country they interview u in ur language. Anything to get in the much-needed cash.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by Nobody: 4:55am On Sep 11, 2012
Ashes0725: Hello everyone, i had my dv visa interview yesterday and it was sosuccessful and stress free. The

Congrats! Dv 2012?
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by tosmy(m): 6:46am On Sep 11, 2012
glory.............congrate,we are still looking forward for more testimony in this good forum before 2012 dv end up........faith works wonders.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by jacksyno(m): 7:02am On Sep 11, 2012
ferdiii:

Congrats! Dv 2012?

Yeah DV 2012
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by brightmon: 7:06am On Sep 11, 2012
am soooo happy to hear dis, woww. Congrate dear, in as much as you have explain to us how it went i think some of us still want details, that will realy go a long way too.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by Ashes0725: 7:09am On Sep 11, 2012
ferdiii:

Congrats! Dv 2012?
yes o, dv 2012
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by Ashes0725: 7:23am On Sep 11, 2012
brightmon:
am soooo happy to hear dis, woww. Congrate dear, in as much as you have explain to us how it went i think some of us still want details, that will realy go a long way too.
Details? Ok
if you're going to the us embassy for the first time like it was with me, you might find going through the security protocol daunting, so you should prepare your mind to go through it. I spent about 45 minutes going through security only, and it coulda affect my psychology, but i refused to let it. There's no tv in the interview hall, neither are you allowed to bring in a phone or any other electronic device in the hall, so It'll be helpful if you come with a novel or similar time-spending book to read while waiting for your turn, i wished i went with a book myself, cos sitting there and watching others go through the interview could inspire fear and anxiety while waiting, which is what you don't want.
Pls come with photocopies of all your credentials o. Open your medical documents before going in. Eat before you come o, cos you might as well be spending lots hours in that place. And if you really want to be served early you should come and get into queue early enough. Like if your interview is for 7am, you better be in line by 6am if you wanna be served early. And i discovered that the CO'S give special preference to elderly people or a family with kids. And the CO'S for immigrant visa are not as much as those for visiting visa.
When i remember more details, i'll share.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 8:22am On Sep 11, 2012

Congratulations!!! These are the kind of news I want to hear more often on this forum.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by brightmon: 9:52am On Sep 11, 2012
Ashes0725:
Details? Ok
if you're going to the us embassy for the first time like it was with me, you might find going through the security protocol daunting, so you should prepare your mind to go through it. I spent about 45 minutes going through security only, and it coulda affect my psychology, but i refused to let it. There's no tv in the interview hall, neither are you allowed to bring in a phone or any other electronic device in the hall, so It'll be helpful if you come with a novel or similar time-spending book to read while waiting for your turn, i wished i went with a book myself, cos sitting there and watching others go through the interview could inspire fear and anxiety while waiting, which is what you don't want.
Pls come with photocopies of all your credentials o. Open your medical documents before going in. Eat before you come o, cos you might as well be spending lots hours in that place. And if you really want to be served early you should come and get into queue early enough. Like if your interview is for 7am, you better be in line by 6am if you wanna be served early. And i discovered that the CO'S give special preference to elderly people or a family with kids. And the CO'S for immigrant visa are not as much as those for visiting visa.
When i remember more details, i'll share.
Thanks for that update. Can you still remember most of the questions the CO asked you and giving special preference to elderly people, most of know that but family with kids too? What did you Notice pls.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by ebykings(f): 10:01am On Sep 11, 2012

Awww! Congrat Dear am soo happy 4u. Dats just God's favour upon you. U are blessed.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by Ashes0725: 10:11am On Sep 11, 2012
brightmon:
Thanks for that update. Can you still remember most of the questions the CO asked you and giving special preference to elderly people, most of know that but family with kids too? What did you Notice pls.
when i told the CO i make videos, she asked me what kind of videos i make, i talked about it and even went on to tell her about a recent documentary i made for a local event.
Then she went on to ask me about school, i told her i studied computer science in the university, she asked me about the kind of courses i liked while at school, i told her about computer programming, explained to her that i've been coding myself too, she asked what kind of programming language, i replied "PHP", And went on to give her a link to a site i'd worked on. And that was it, she was ready to hand me my visa, except that my us address was not provided on my form, so i had to go outside and return with the address. When i came back, she gave me my form to fill the address, afterwards she congratulated me and asked me to go to an address somewhere in lekki in one week's time to pick up my passport and visa. And that was it.

1 Like

Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by brightmon: 11:03am On Sep 11, 2012
Ashes0725:
when i told the CO i make videos, she asked me what kind of videos i make, i talked about it and even went on to tell her about a recent documentary i made for a local event.
Then she went on to ask me about school, i told her i studied computer science in the university, she asked me about the kind of courses i liked while at school, i told her about computer programming, explained to her that i've been coding myself too, she asked what kind of programming language, i replied "PHP", And went on to give her a link to a site i'd worked on. And that was it, she was ready to hand me my visa, except that my us address was not provided on my form, so i had to go outside and return with the address. When i came back, she gave me my form to fill the address, afterwards she congratulated me and asked me to go to an address somewhere in lekki in one week's time to pick up my passport and visa. And that was it.
Thats God at work my dear.
What abt the special preference giving to family with kids, what did u notice?
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 6:52pm On Sep 11, 2012
brightmon:
Thats God at work my dear.
What abt the special preference giving to family with kids, what did u notice?

brightmon!brightmon!! my friend ,are you an oliver twist? dont worry you don get your own,o ya recieve it now in Jesus name.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by mogzy(m): 7:07pm On Sep 11, 2012

Congratulations, wish you the very best, please what are the documents you presented during the interview.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by Tiwanna(f): 7:09pm On Sep 11, 2012

THANK GOD AM HAPPY FOR U.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by brightmon: 8:09pm On Sep 11, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:

brightmon!brightmon!! my friend ,are you an oliver twist? dont worry you don get your own,o ya recieve it now in Jesus name.
lol, Amen ohhhhhhh! No be small thing my bros.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by cheriphyom: 8:34pm On Sep 11, 2012
brightmon:
lol, Amen ohhhhhhh! No be small thing my bros.

Hello gents in the house. Thank you for the good job. Please I want to make some enquiries about 2012 lottery. I and my wife are preparing for our interview next week. My wife is still in school. Hope is not goin to affect us,cos she has not changed her name to mine. Cos she is in 400L.
Secondly, in the form we sent back. I made a mistake in my dad date of birth. I wrote 1965 instead of 1955, and my mum is 1953. That means my mum is 10yrs older than my dad. Hope dis will not cause trouble for me.
Lastly, wch kind of cloth is advisable to wear for an interview. Must is be Native( same cloth ) or just normal shirt. Pls I will appreciate ur comments.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by Nobody: 9:13pm On Sep 11, 2012
congrats oo...many more testimonies to come ijn..
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by nery4u(m): 1:11am On Sep 12, 2012
God that started his work in my life shal surely finish it in jesus name. Watch 4 my testimonies veri soon as God almighty liveth. ''Am a dv 2012 winner'' done wit interview bt stil waitin 4 d call 4rm embassy...
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by sunday45: 1:49am On Sep 12, 2012
Urgently what is 230
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 3:22am On Sep 12, 2012
hehehehehe you looking cool gurl grin grin. Just look smart,show courage and be confident of yourself and leave the rest for God. Success is yours. About finger prints,they will collect your fingers prints for security and documentation purposes. Do not be scared of that,its normal routine
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by masterfarm: 3:49pm On Sep 12, 2012
temmytanny: hehehehehe you looking cool gurl grin grin. Just look smart,show courage and be confident of yourself and leave the rest for God. Success is yours. About finger prints,they will collect your fingers prints for security and documentation purposes. Do not be scared of that,its normal routine

are u still around? Tought u ve travelled wit ur family.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 4:54pm On Sep 12, 2012
masterfarm:

are u still around? Tought u ve travelled wit ur family.
yea! am in US now
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by brightmon: 5:16pm On Sep 12, 2012
temmytanny: yea! am in US now
yea, am in US now. Chey, see swag. lol
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by masterfarm: 8:47pm On Sep 12, 2012
temmytanny: yea! am in US now

whao. Great news. Which state are u nw?
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 9:38pm On Sep 12, 2012
masterfarm:

whao. Great news. Which state are u nw?
Texas
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 9:38pm On Sep 12, 2012
brightmon:
yea, am in US now. Chey, see swag. lol
Na you know, Your SWAGGALIOUS SWAG dey come soon grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (92)

Any Nairalander In Abidjan? / 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand / Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.