Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,016 members, 7,970,121 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 09:05 PM

Tackling Insecurity In Nigeria Is A Mirage (what I Saw) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tackling Insecurity In Nigeria Is A Mirage (what I Saw) (243 Views)

4 Months Later, Tunji-Ojo's ‘Contactless’ Passport Application Remains a Mirage / Obasanjo Lauds Kogi Gov Bello For Good Governance, Tackling Insecurity / Buhari: I Ask For More Patience In Tackling Insecurity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tackling Insecurity In Nigeria Is A Mirage (what I Saw) by LoveThemChubby(m): 8:40pm On Jun 13, 2022
I saw something yesterday that has perhaps been happening without me taking cognizance of: a serving senator going about with a security detail of up to 20. My knowledge of numbers did not fail me and I began to wonder and do the arithmetic in my head. It means that senators may have at least 106*20 which is 2120 security personnel attached to them. If on the average, 7 security personnel are attached to a HoR member, then it means we have about 2520 security personnel attached to the HoR members thus bringing the total to 4640 security personnel for 469 people. How then do we fight crime when some LGAs do not have up to 100 security personnel stationed in them? Are the masses being milked to secure the elites?

1 Like

Re: Tackling Insecurity In Nigeria Is A Mirage (what I Saw) by Freestainworld(m): 8:53pm On Jun 13, 2022
Ask them ooo, they milk the masses to secure the elites

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

June 12 - Nigerian Airways Hijacked By Teenagers. / Shogogreen Presented With Inec Nomination Form By Hon Jandor / Obi’s Vice Should Come From Kaduna Or Niger State If He Wants To Win

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.