Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,182 members, 7,887,428 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 08:46 AM

NIGERIANS MUST GET IT RIGHT IN 2023 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NIGERIANS MUST GET IT RIGHT IN 2023 (156 Views)

Pius Akinyelure: Nigerians Must Return To Farming To Fight Food Scarcity / Prophet M.K.O. Tibetan: Edo Must Produce Nigerian President To Get It Right / Security Chiefs Attend Buhari's campaign launch, is It Right? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

NIGERIANS MUST GET IT RIGHT IN 2023 by Benzinoooo: 9:36pm On Jun 13, 2022
I believe in meritocracy and as such, the best hands should be given a chance to do the job. I don't want a situation where one Mr. Favoritism emerges as the 16th president of this nation, and starts appointing a tout as Minister of Transportation and other appointments in like manner. Is that the Nigeria we have always envisioned! A Nigeria wherein an aspirant would audaciously tell Nigerians, "it is my turn". Has Nigeria now become a lady of easy virtue men of low morals have in turns! A country that is in dire strait and in desperate need of a leader in every sense of that word, a country that is on the edge of a precipice, a country that is dubbed the poverty capital of the world, definitely needs a leader that can pave the way for positive transformation. Why should the future of over 200million Nigerians be held sway by one man's ambition. We cannot allow politicians who are obviously suffering from incurable megalomania to hold the future of a country with great potentials to ransom. It is worthy of note that whenever we vote in an incompetent leader, Nigerians across all divides suffer the repercussions. Petty ethno-religious sentiments have not in any way ameliorated the sufferings of that man in Okirika dress rather it has excercabated it. I do not subscribe to the cliche that "all politicians are the same". In my opinion, sound leadership has nothing to do with being a saint. The two core qualities we ought to look out for in a quintessential leader are integrity and competence (who comes to mind!). My dream as it patterns to this country is in sync with that of all well-meaning Nigerians, which is to see Nigeria work in my lifetime. The issue bordering on who is to succeed PMB concerns all Nigerians and being apolitical is not an option. To a very large extent, our leaders determine the fate of the nation. We must consciously desire a better Nigeria and work assiduously towards its attainment. A Dutch scholar once said "while it may be true that God made the heavens and the earth, we made Armstadam with our own hands". If the late Lee Kuan Yew could change the fortunes of Singapore so much so that the people of Singapore still showers encomium on him posthumously, it goes without saying that our leaders could make or mar the country. Bad leadership has a domino effect. I implore all Nigerians of age to get their PVCs and vote with a conscience devoid of sentiments.

(1) (Reply)

Politics / Atiku Picks Okowa As Running Mate / 2023: Nigerians Are Looking For Alternatives- Governor Obaseki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.