Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,656 members, 7,918,119 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 11:08 PM

10 Crucial Lessons I've Learned Selling On Jumia In 5 Years. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 10 Crucial Lessons I've Learned Selling On Jumia In 5 Years. (661 Views)

Complete Tutorial About Selling On Jumia In 2023 / WHY I WON'T RECOMMEND SELLING ON JUMIA IN NIGERIA? || JUMIA SELLER CENTRE / J-Force: Jumia In Trouble Over Fraud In Affiliate Scheme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

10 Crucial Lessons I've Learned Selling On Jumia In 5 Years. by essienjay(m): 3:12pm On Jun 14, 2022
Jumia is celebrating 10 years anniversary in Nigeria. So I want to share 10 important lessons I've learned since selling on Jumia for myself and my clients within and outside Nigeria.

This post will be of great value to you if you're an existing Jumia Vendor or considering if starting a Jumia business the right fit for you.

Ready? let's dive right into it.

#1. Take your Jumia Business Serious.

This applies to all areas of your Jumia business. From taking time to choose the right product to sell, to understanding the Jumia platform, policies, rules and guidelines. Also take out time to go through the Jumia tutorials to learn how to become a successful seller on Jumia.

#2. Starting Up Your Jumia Business and Expecting Instant Results.

Setting up a Jumia seller account and listing products on the platform is one thing - and the most easy thing to do. But for most people, expecting immediate success or skyrocketing sales numbers right after plugging into the platform will likely lead to major disappointment.

And I've seen this happen over and over, especially if you start your business with the hopes of making quick money to pay your immediate bills or maybe you collected a loan. Which you should never do.

#3. Regardless of age, gender, and location, anyone can start their business on Jumia and be successful.

#4. Sell Higher Volume of Products.

To have a higher chance of success with Jumia we had to list more products than other sellers in our categories. Then we got to millions of ₦aira in sales on Jumia.

We had to keep adding more products and discontinuing those products that were no longer successful. We started selling between 300 to 500 products per week.

With Jumia, more products means more opportunity for sales.

#5. Spend Time on Your Jumia Business.

We've noticed that successful Jumia seller put more time into running and building their businesses than unsuccessful ones.

This will help you focus on growth-oriented areas of your businesses, like marketing your products on and off Jumia, monitoring finances, and finding ways of bettering your products - selling quality products that will in-turn get you more positive customer reviews.
WHICH IS VERY CRUCIAL TO YOUR SUCCESS.

#6. Never Make Jumia your Primary Online Business Income Source.

Please, never!

Because you don't own the Jumia platform, you have little or no control over your business. Your hero/best selling product(s) could get delisted or worse you could get kicked off the platform at any given time.

#7. Jumia Fees - Know The Cost of Selling on Jumia.

I see a lot, like a lot of people make this mistake by not knowing what it actually cost to sell on Jumia.

This is so important in so many aspect of your business. Because Jumia takes quite a bit of money there. But if you know these fees, it'll help you in knowing how much to price your products better hit profitability, how much Jumia takes as commission, shipping fee, low seller score fees etc.

#8. Jumia is Hard.

I don't want to come here and make the Jumia business sound all juicy, because it's not.

Truly we've made millions of Naira in sales on our stores and that of our clients, but it doesn't mean it was or is an easy ride.

But here's one cool thing about entrepreneurship and about selling on Jumia is that, it improves you as a person. Especially when you're able to conquer the challenges, strive forward and succeed.
Plus when you do, it puts more money in your bank account.

#9. Jumia Don't Give a Denm About Their Vendors.

This might not apply to the big brands selling on Jumia. I'd like to think so. But for the majority of vendors on Jumia, we are surviving by Grace.

If you have a major issue, don't expect it to get resolved in a timely manner. You have constantly "Raise a Claim" to know if they understand the issue and the best way to proffer solution to it. Some times, they leave you on your own.

#10. Would I Recommend You Sell on Jumia?

Hell yeah!

Listen,

Jumia is the largest ecommerce platform with the largest customer base in Nigeria.

According to Tech Crunch, the first quarter of 2022 Jumia recorded double-digit growth in orders, GMV and revenue. Orders grew by 40% year-over-year from 6.6 million to 9.3 million orders. And Jumia’s revenue reached $47.6 million, a 44% rise from Q1 2021’s revenue of $33 million.

I understand the competition on Jumia is fierce. In fact, it's survival of the fittest.

But, check this out.

How would you like to have a tiny slice of that number of people ordering your products on a daily basis?

I tell people, every business has its own challenges, and Jumia is no different - even though I think Jumia's own is just too much.

I however think that selling on Jumia can be a huge step up for your business, finances, and can bring a good side income.

Goodnews is, now you can sell on Jumia without actually going through the hassle of selling yourself, with the help of a service like Qurnex Fulfilment Services.

You can focus on other things that are of importance to you while Qurnex takes care of all your Jumia order fulfilments.

If you're a working class with little to no spare time, or a student, a business man/woman, or maybe you reside outside Lagos or in Diaspora (which makes selling on Jumia almost impossible), Qurnex can help start and grow your Jumia business.

If starting a Jumia business is something you'd like to check out Qurnex Tech Ltd.

I hope this have been of value to you.
Also, I'll like to hear from you. What have you learned or encountered while selling on the Jumia Platform? Comment below

(1) (Reply)

You Want A Web/graphic And A UI/UX Designer I Will Do Your Job Before Payment / Dangote Spell And Win Promo / Office Table And Swivel Chair For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.