Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,536 members, 7,914,429 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 04:24 AM

I Will Stop The Bleeding Of Nigeria: Peter Obi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Stop The Bleeding Of Nigeria: Peter Obi (486 Views)

Hardship: Prayers Have Replaced Medicine In Most Homes In Nigeria – Peter Obi / "Nigeria Was Bleeding When We Took Over. We Have Stopped The Bleeding" - Tinubu / I’m Ready To Lay Down My Life For Nigeria – Peter Obi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Stop The Bleeding Of Nigeria: Peter Obi by brightbright: 5:09pm On Jun 14, 2022
The Presidential Candidate of the Labour Party for the 2023 general elections, Mr. Peter Obi, has vowed to stop the bleeding of the country if elected in 2023.

Obi stated this at a one-day international colloquium in Port Harcourt organized by Christ Church for the presidential candidates of the different political parties, with the theme:
“What Do Nigerians Want?”.

The former Anambra governor said the unemployment of 100 million Nigerians was responsible for the widespread poverty in the country.

He said that a country that turned its people into poverty would be faced with crises, unemployment, and insecurity.

“There is no way you will have 100 million people living in poverty and you will not have crises, we have more people living in poverty than China and Egypt combined, a population of about 1.5 billion.

“There is nowhere you won’t have this crisis we are going through with 35 to 40 percent unemployment rate. When compared to the 120 million people who are supposed to be working in Nigeria today, only 40 million are gainfully employed.

“We have 80 million people who are supposed to be working in the country that are not working.

“The consequence is that we have a state but is unproductive. Nigeria as a country is unproductive because when we talk about 80million people that are not working, about 70 percent of them is made up of the youth in their productive age doing nothing and with so much tendencies.

“The country is not doing anything, is not working. All the country is doing today is sharing. Everybody is looking for what to share,“ he said.

He said the nation was in crisis because more than 90 percent of its revenue is used for service debt, noting that no country or individual could survive with that.

“Last year virtually all the money we spent was borrowed. In the first five months of last year, our total revenue was N1.847trillion. We spent N1.802 trillion into servicing debt, so a total of 200million people were left with N45 billion,“ he said.

Obi said that the country needed to be taken back from where it was now and that required a number of things.

He promised to stop the bleeding of the country if elected in 2023.

He said any money borrowed by Nigeria would be used for investment, adding “our country has to move from sharing formula to production formula.

“We are not productive because our factories are not working. We need to bring back the country by focusing on our micro-small businesses to be able to support them and is not difficult.

“We need to do something to power, if we get it right and start borrowing for investment, that is when we start pulling people out of poverty, the more we pull people out of poverty, the more we reduce criminality.

“Another is in education, our human capital is very low and is unacceptable. We are now 152 out of 158 in human capital development,“ Obi said.

It was also seen in a video where Reno Omokri attacks Sowore for Calling Peter Obi an Orphan Politician

This is Why Sowore Is Attacking Peter Obi and Calling Him an “Orphan Politician”

Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHBIhz-Nz0s

Sowore is Frustrated because he was used and dump by APC - Reno Omokri

https://www.instagram.com/tv/Cexyln-jw7s/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

https://www.google.com/amp/s/pmnewsnigeria.com/2022/06/14/i-will-stop-the-bleeding-of-nigeria-peter-obi/%3famp=1

1 Like

Re: I Will Stop The Bleeding Of Nigeria: Peter Obi by Fortruth: 5:10pm On Jun 14, 2022
He is a liar and foolish. He cannot save the Zoo.

Blackie is not serious.
Re: I Will Stop The Bleeding Of Nigeria: Peter Obi by gracealonev: 5:11pm On Jun 14, 2022
Don't get overly excited until you ascertain the extent of damage that Buhari's APC has inflicted on the nation's treasury.

You would certainly need to do more than stopping the bleeding. Serious and urgent CPR and blood transfusion may be required.

3 Likes

Re: I Will Stop The Bleeding Of Nigeria: Peter Obi by triple996(m): 5:11pm On Jun 14, 2022
Ok woooo
Re: I Will Stop The Bleeding Of Nigeria: Peter Obi by Dreal1247: 5:12pm On Jun 14, 2022
He has done it before. He will do it again. He is Obediently Obedient servant leader of the Obedient Patriotic Nigerians.

4 Likes

Re: I Will Stop The Bleeding Of Nigeria: Peter Obi by inoki247: 5:15pm On Jun 14, 2022
Motivational speaker keep it up....

Lol I no know where u wan see ur money maybe you will goan rob another country to stop the bleeding cos debt repayment await the next president....

Anybody wey enta na d damages wey Buhari create he go first dey look after....
Re: I Will Stop The Bleeding Of Nigeria: Peter Obi by Dreal1247: 5:16pm On Jun 14, 2022
One of my greatest surprise is that he said that he doesn't need to be pension after just four years as a Governor. MASSES, THE YOUTHS MOST ESPECIALLY NEED TO SOLIDLY BACK HIM UP AS CAREER POLITICIANS WILL DO EVERYTHING POSSIBLE TO STOP HIM.

1 Like

Re: I Will Stop The Bleeding Of Nigeria: Peter Obi by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 5:18pm On Jun 14, 2022
When he came to Anambra in 2003.Anambra was bleeding from Pdp and a laughing stock.He turned Anambra around.He won the election from an unknown party without structure then Apga.He will do it again with LP and turn Nigeria around.
Re: I Will Stop The Bleeding Of Nigeria: Peter Obi by Sotland: 5:20pm On Jun 14, 2022
This man has the best interest of Nigerians at Heart.. It won't be easy if he wins but Nigerians will feel his impact of good governance

Btw

Ever heard of IMAX DELAY SPRAY?

Imax delay spray works for premature ejaculation and also helps to give a hard erection.

Last 10x times than you can, your woman will ever be grateful for the satisfaction.

it's 100% safe
it's 100% herbal
To buy contact 0.8.1.3.6.7.5.4.7.7.8

1 Like

Re: I Will Stop The Bleeding Of Nigeria: Peter Obi by Bluntguy: 5:25pm On Jun 14, 2022
I know you can and you will, Mr president.
Re: I Will Stop The Bleeding Of Nigeria: Peter Obi by Enoch07: 5:27pm On Jun 14, 2022
Na so. Until you enter aso rock then excuses will rise upandown like buhari and Jonathan government
Re: I Will Stop The Bleeding Of Nigeria: Peter Obi by Unzerious: 5:33pm On Jun 14, 2022
Bleeding ni Blood Transfusion ko
Re: I Will Stop The Bleeding Of Nigeria: Peter Obi by gasparpisciotta: 5:33pm On Jun 14, 2022
Anybody wey dey talk too much no dey sabi do anything.

Meanwhile, why has INEC allowed Peter Obi to start campaigning ahead of other contestants?

His consultations should be limited to individuals and not churches and large gatherings.
Re: I Will Stop The Bleeding Of Nigeria: Peter Obi by galaxy2020(m): 6:20pm On Jun 14, 2022
YES YOU CAN!

(1) (Reply)

Yoruba Nation Is Not Negotiable! BY BAYO OLUWASANMI Saharareporters / Nigeria Needs Atiku To Make Life More Meaningful: Tinubu APC Candidate / Nigerian Senator Charged With Trying To Fly Child To UK To Harvest Organs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.