Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,264 members, 7,925,863 topics. Date: Tuesday, 20 August 2024 at 03:43 AM

2023 Presidency: Reason APC Needs A Muslim/muslim Ticket - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Presidency: Reason APC Needs A Muslim/muslim Ticket (296 Views)

APC Needs 21-Day Notice To Change Buni - INEC / APC Needs Credible Candidate To Win Anambra Guber — Moghalu / Southwest APC Needs To Re-Strategize Ahead of 2023 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023 Presidency: Reason APC Needs A Muslim/muslim Ticket by IniAkpanMorgan(m): 8:58pm On Jun 14, 2022
My admonition to His Excellency, Senator Kashim Shettima, the Director General of the Bola Tinubu Presidential Campaign Organisation, and the past Governor of Borno State, who led the emergence of the Presidential flagbearer of Nigeria's ruling Party in the next Nigeria's Presidential election, is for him to accord Asiwaju Bola Tinubu an unrivalled understanding in picking his running mate without feeling he should be the one.

Senator Kashim Shettima deserves the Vice Presidential slot of the APC, but I would ask him to forego the privilege for the sake of making the decision of who becomes his running mate easy for the Asiwaju. He should step aside and prepare to become the next Chief of Nigeria's Presidential Staff.

Senator Shettima's comic reference to the Okigwe "Tomatoes Dealer" called "Ahmad Lawan", and the nice man-seller of "Ice Cream and Pop-Corn" somehow watered down the mood the Asiwaju's Abeokuta "Outburst" generated. Indeed, Senator Kashim Shettima's intelligence in the game of politics proves how deep the Asiwaju goes, to choose those who work with/for him.

With Shetimma out of the way, I see 3 other persons under consideration for the Office of the Vice President: Professor Babagana Umara Zulum, Quantity Surveyor Nasir Ahmed El Rufai, and His Eminence, Bishop Hassan Matthew Kukah.

His Eminence, Rt Rev Father Kukah's consideration for the Office of the Vice President is like that of His Excellency, Dr Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, who was rumoured as been favoured, in an alleged "Consensus" arrangement, to fly the APC Presidential Flag. He was to fall upon an existing political structure he did not build.

Asiwaju Bola Tinubu's established political structure was what gave him the Presidential ticket of the APC. The refusal of the Progressives Governors to allow an illegal discount to the contributions of the Party's National Leader, added vigour to the Asiwaju's emergence from the APC Presidential Primary election.

Today, the Asiwaju is saddled with the leadership of the Party. The translation of power, rumoured as existing between President Buhari and the Asiwaju has seemingly happened against established odds. All arguments about it vanished like shaffs before the wind. I see the setting of a power-arrangement agreement in Tinubu's alleged "outburst" in Abeokuta that vacated a prospected political jamboree.

The Asiwaju's early walk with President Buhari to build the APC was dedicated upon his desire to see that the cause of the Yoruba people is respected. The Abeokuta "outburst" was an early reminder that the Asiwaju negotiated the APC partnership with President Buhari when the partisan model of the Party was developed upon a Yoruba Agenda that must be respected. The Asiwaju went to that table with the interest of the South West as his bargaining chip. It was from that arrangement that the incumbent Vice President came.

The Asiwaju has endured several bashings, harassments, name and character batterings, and malignant disrespect in the course of pursuing his dreams. He took them all in good faith, as an excellent sportsman, and attacking nobody. He did not have to fight dirty.

There are no dynamics that can challenge what the Asiwaju deployed into planting the dream that became the APC in the beginning. His mental contributions to developing the APC are more than any material contributions anybody thinks he has invested in the Party.

Politics is much more about developing critical strategies, sometimes with very harsh intrigues. I would usually advice that no one should listen to the Asiwaju if he does not want him to win an argument. He willmalways win!

Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu has a character of spending as much as it is needed to attain the best outcome he sets himself up to achieve. He is a shrewed Accountant. His passion dwells in the investment of himself in, and dedicating his resources to human development goals.

What Bola Tinubu has done with his time, space and resources for the APC outweighs what anyone thinks he used to compromise APC delegates, to win the Party's Presidential Flag. The Asiwaju never brought money to influence his Presidential nomination at the Eagle Square, Abuja. He met the delegates in their constituencies during his campaigns, and told each and everyone of them why they should vote for him to fly the APC flag.

Wherever the Asiwaju campaigned, he left the delegates happy: from what they heard from him, and from what they got from him - it was characteristic of the Asiwaju. Sometimes, these come in the form of telling the delegates to "return home and prepare" for the Presidential Convention of the Party. His act was a gesture of gratitude and not for gratification.

Coming back to the issue of the Vice Presidential Candidate of the APC, Nigerians should trust the Asiwaju to negotiate with El Rufai and Babagama Zulum to have Bishop Hassan Kukah, to avoid the risk of not having an option to the Muslim/Muslim ticket

It is time to get it right in Nigeria, no matter the sacrifice involved:

Governor Nasir El Rufai needs to prepare to lead the Defence Ministry in a Bola Tinubu administration, and Governor Zulum would return to help the Borno people as he, unfailingly, would win his second term mandate. These projected sacrifices would put the issue of the Muslim/Muslim ticket to rest, and profile the best Christian running mate for the Asiwaju, but Father Kukah is not a member of the APC.

I wish, as a Christian, that the Asiwaju would attempt the Muslim/Muslim ticket to satisfy the full restitution for the "June 12" aborted mandate. I pray Nigerians would see the need to accomplish the full remission of the sins of "June 12", and allow Asiwaju Bola Tinubu go with the Muslim/Muslim ticket.

I believe that the Asiwaju has what it takes with Nigerians to win the Presidential election with the Muslim/Muslim ticket. I see Asiwaju Tinubu injecting relief into Nigerian markets, causing foodstuffs to be more affordable, as a part of his campaign strategies. One of the published intentions and goals of the Asiwaju is to drive new, and strong market forces. I see him beginning to do this as the Presidential Candidate of the APC.

The Asiwaju owes Nigerians nothing, apart from the Presidential promises he hopes to make, like Waziri Atiku Abubakar serially does. The Asiwaju will definitely invest himself in Nigerians like he did with the APC delegates. He is a very smart investor in the people.

Nigerians, should therefore permit the Asiwaju to choose from either Nasir El Rufai: for being a devout man, who stood by his decision to have power move to the South, in spite of his seeming beeve with the Asiwaju. Governor El Rufai kept whatever sentiment away, and put Nigeria first before the leaders of the APC. He deserves my commendarion for being selfless. He is the hero in the emergence of Asiwaju Bola Tinubu.

So my vote returns finally to Governor Nasir Ahmed El Rufai, the preferred Vice Presidential Candidate the APC stands best to present. The Asiwaju needs Governor El Rufai's brilliance, and his vigour for accomplishments, to, indeed, make Nigeria "a Dubai" in Africa.

Re: 2023 Presidency: Reason APC Needs A Muslim/muslim Ticket by Urheadmaster(m): 9:01pm On Jun 14, 2022
tongue
Re: 2023 Presidency: Reason APC Needs A Muslim/muslim Ticket by Truthisunique2: 9:07pm On Jun 14, 2022
If you claim to be popular go with a northern christian

After all it's the president post that is crucial not the vp and north already is fighting for who becomes president not vp
Re: 2023 Presidency: Reason APC Needs A Muslim/muslim Ticket by limeta(f): 9:10pm On Jun 14, 2022
I wished, as a Christian, that the Asiwaju would attempt the Muslim/Muslim ticket to satisfy the full restitution for the "June 12" aborted mandate. I pray Nigerians would see the need to accomplish the full remission of the sins of "June 12", and allow Asiwaju Bola Tinubu go with the Muslim/Muslim ticket.

What is all this
You are not a Christian
Depart from here son of satan

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Reason APC Needs A Muslim/muslim Ticket by ljoh: 9:18pm On Jun 14, 2022
Christians are intolerant for rejecting Muslim Muslim ticket
Re: 2023 Presidency: Reason APC Needs A Muslim/muslim Ticket by APC2: 9:25pm On Jun 14, 2022
How a Yoruba Muslim is thinking that a Fulani person will leave the two Fulani Presidential candidates to vote for Tinubu who is not considered a genuine Muslim for having a pastor wife and christian children beat my imagination. We that live in the north understand what they are saying about Tinubu. Continue deceiving yourself.

I'm praying for you to do the Muslim-muslim ticket so that PDP will take the entire middle belt in all elections. APC offices are being destroyed here in plateau state even when the Muslim running mate is not confirmed by the party yet. We all refused to attend the town meeting organized by APC aspirants on democracy day.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Reason APC Needs A Muslim/muslim Ticket by jnig: 9:39pm On Jun 14, 2022
"I wished, as a Christian, that the Asiwaju would attempt the Muslim/Muslim ticket to satisfy the full restitution for the "June 12" aborted mandate. I pray Nigerians would see the need to accomplish the full remission of the sins of "June 12", and allow Asiwaju Bola Tinubu go with the Muslim/Muslim ticket."

That laboured construction that made you to add 'as a Christian' shows that you are not a Christian. However, even if we give you the benefit of doubt, your your prayers show that you don't mean well for Nigeria. Be assured, even if a Muslim-muslim ticket won the elections, it won't govern the Nigeria of today. The bloodbaths that shall ensure and the upheavals will cause the untimely deaths of many and ultimately the end of the present course of civilian rule. Remember, those that annuled the June 12 had their reasons.

If TInubu is as politically wise as people have been saying, he won't allow anyone to deceive him into signing in for a Muslim-muslim ticket!

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Is A Cursed Nation: With Greedy Citizens And Leaders / Katsina NNPP Guber Candidate Donates N50m To Victims Of Banditry / 2023: Vote For People Who Care For Other Ethnic Groups- Bishop Abioye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.