Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,871 members, 7,872,888 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 02:22 AM

Microsoft To Finally Retire Its Web Browser Internet Explorer Tomorrow - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Microsoft To Finally Retire Its Web Browser Internet Explorer Tomorrow (1835 Views)

Opera Launches IOS Version Of 'opera Touch' Mobile Web Browser / Is Chrome Really Better Than Uc Browser? / Google Removes UC Browser From Play Store (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Microsoft To Finally Retire Its Web Browser Internet Explorer Tomorrow by ExAngel007(f): 6:41am On Jun 15, 2022
Microsoft has announced the retirement of its oldest browser, Internet Explorer after 27 years of service.

First released in 1995 as an add-on package for Windows 95, the browser was provided for free as part of the package by Microsoft. As per the company notification, Microsoft will officially withdraw its support for Internet Explorer on June 15, 2022, placing it into permanent retirement.

“We are announcing that the future of Internet Explorer on
Windows 10 is in Microsoft Edge. Not only is Microsoft Edge a faster, more secure and more modern browsing experience than Internet Explorer, but it is also able to address a key concern: compatibility for older, legacy websites and applications. Microsoft Edge has Internet Explorer mode (“IE mode"wink built in, so you can access those legacy Internet Explorer-based websites and applications straight from Microsoft Edge," as per the company release.

"With Microsoft Edge capable of assuming this responsibility and more, the Internet Explorer 11 desktop application will be retired and go out of support on June 15, 2022, for certain versions of Windows 10," the company release said.

Explaining the decision last year, Sean Lyndersay, partner
group program manager for Microsoft Edge, wrote: 'Over the
last year, you may have noticed our movement away from
Internet Explorer (IE) support, such as an announcement of the end of IE support by Microsoft 365 online services.

'Today, we are at the next stage of that journey: we are
announcing that the future of Internet Explorer on Windows 10 is in Microsoft Edge.

'Not only is Microsoft Edge a faster, more secure and more
modern browsing experience than Internet Explorer, but it is
also able to address a key concern: compatibility for older,
legacy websites and applications.'

Mr Lyndersay added: 'Microsoft Edge has Internet Explorer
mode built in, so you can access those legacy Internet
Explorer-based websites and applications straight from
Microsoft Edge.

'With Microsoft Edge capable of assuming this responsibility and more, the Internet Explorer 11 desktop application will be retired and go out of support on June 15, 2022, for certain versions of Windows 10.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-10914819/Microsoft-retire-Internet-Explorer-TOMORROW-27-years-launched.html

1 Like

Re: Microsoft To Finally Retire Its Web Browser Internet Explorer Tomorrow by AllBlack: 6:49am On Jun 15, 2022
Very useless thing. I wonder how they could do all the wonderful computer softwares but kept coming up with a wacky browser

18 Likes

Re: Microsoft To Finally Retire Its Web Browser Internet Explorer Tomorrow by Chidexter(m): 6:56am On Jun 15, 2022
AllBlack:
Very useless thing. I wonder how they could do all the wonderful computer softwares but kept coming up with a wacky browser

Imagine using Internet Explorer as a Glo User

11 Likes

Re: Microsoft To Finally Retire Its Web Browser Internet Explorer Tomorrow by AllBlack: 6:59am On Jun 15, 2022
Chidexter:

Imagine using Internet Explorer as a Glo User

Snail will climb everest and come back down to meet your browser still rotating

15 Likes

Re: Microsoft To Finally Retire Its Web Browser Internet Explorer Tomorrow by thesicilian: 7:06am On Jun 15, 2022
Nice one. Internet explorer has paid it's dues. I'm sure it's retirement package is going to include a stately home in the Bahamas with a nice monthly pension fund and an endless supply of beautiful women and margaritas

1 Like

Re: Microsoft To Finally Retire Its Web Browser Internet Explorer Tomorrow by FatherBona: 7:25am On Jun 15, 2022
Cyber cafes that year grin
50# for 30mins grin grin grin

10 Likes

Re: Microsoft To Finally Retire Its Web Browser Internet Explorer Tomorrow by superlanny(m): 7:28am On Jun 15, 2022
I won't even miss the crap, honestly if not for this post i done already erase Internet Explorer from my medula oblangata.

There were some nice memories tho, when we had little option, it was the real deal. This life sha.

2 Likes

Re: Microsoft To Finally Retire Its Web Browser Internet Explorer Tomorrow by neonly: 8:04am On Jun 15, 2022
Useless browser dat consume data like say tommorow no dey

1 Like

Re: Microsoft To Finally Retire Its Web Browser Internet Explorer Tomorrow by shaggy007(m): 8:09am On Jun 15, 2022
Something that's been retired more than 5 years ago.

2 Likes

Re: Microsoft To Finally Retire Its Web Browser Internet Explorer Tomorrow by Sucre6: 8:15am On Jun 15, 2022
Internet explorer is only good in downloading google chrome or firefox after which them push am go one side grin

13 Likes

Re: Microsoft To Finally Retire Its Web Browser Internet Explorer Tomorrow by MMempire(m): 8:35am On Jun 15, 2022
Retire in peace, grandfather of web browsers. Adieu!

1 Like

Re: Microsoft To Finally Retire Its Web Browser Internet Explorer Tomorrow by logicalhumour: 9:41am On Jun 15, 2022
Haha.

That strange browser has been a pain in the asses of programmers for too long. At a point, I stopped doing sh!t for my IE users. grin
Re: Microsoft To Finally Retire Its Web Browser Internet Explorer Tomorrow by SaintUlot: 10:06am On Jun 15, 2022
Long overdue. RIP Internet explorer.

Get your Flat Tummy/Weight Loss in just two months or your money back

https://www.nairaland.com/7003594/get-flat-tummy-weight-loss#113819716
Re: Microsoft To Finally Retire Its Web Browser Internet Explorer Tomorrow by Generalwoodz(m): 11:04am On Jun 15, 2022
Hope he'll paid be his retirement benefits and not made to stand in the rain and under the sun fighting and struggling to get it?

1 Like

Re: Microsoft To Finally Retire Its Web Browser Internet Explorer Tomorrow by BrutusOj(m): 11:54am On Jun 15, 2022
Back in the early days of internet services in naija, computer centres aka business centres made money from us cos of the wack browser. Just to send a mail of less than 30kb, it will keep rolling forever till your 1hour subscription expires and you buy another 30 minutes before you succeed in sending just a mail. Thank God for the tech development.

1 Like

Re: Microsoft To Finally Retire Its Web Browser Internet Explorer Tomorrow by okrikaboi: 1:01pm On Jun 15, 2022
most searched thing on explorer is Google Chrome grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Microsoft To Finally Retire Its Web Browser Internet Explorer Tomorrow by Teenwolf(m): 1:54pm On Jun 15, 2022
Very slow browser angry
Re: Microsoft To Finally Retire Its Web Browser Internet Explorer Tomorrow by Kyase(m): 4:48pm On Jun 15, 2022
ExAngel007:
Microsoft has announced the retirement of its oldest browser, Internet Explorer after 27 years of service.

First released in 1995 as an add-on package for Windows 95, the browser was provided for free as part of the package by Microsoft. As per the company notification, Microsoft will officially withdraw its support for Internet Explorer on June 15, 2022, placing it into permanent retirement.

“We are announcing that the future of Internet Explorer on
Windows 10 is in Microsoft Edge. Not only is Microsoft Edge a faster, more secure and more modern browsing experience than Internet Explorer, but it is also able to address a key concern: compatibility for older, legacy websites and applications. Microsoft Edge has Internet Explorer mode (“IE mode"wink built in, so you can access those legacy Internet Explorer-based websites and applications straight from Microsoft Edge," as per the company release.

"With Microsoft Edge capable of assuming this responsibility and more, the Internet Explorer 11 desktop application will be retired and go out of support on June 15, 2022, for certain versions of Windows 10," the company release said.

Explaining the decision last year, Sean Lyndersay, partner
group program manager for Microsoft Edge, wrote: 'Over the
last year, you may have noticed our movement away from
Internet Explorer (IE) support, such as an announcement of the end of IE support by Microsoft 365 online services.

'Today, we are at the next stage of that journey: we are
announcing that the future of Internet Explorer on Windows 10 is in Microsoft Edge.

'Not only is Microsoft Edge a faster, more secure and more
modern browsing experience than Internet Explorer, but it is
also able to address a key concern: compatibility for older,
legacy websites and applications.'

Mr Lyndersay added: 'Microsoft Edge has Internet Explorer
mode built in, so you can access those legacy Internet
Explorer-based websites and applications straight from
Microsoft Edge.

'With Microsoft Edge capable of assuming this responsibility and more, the Internet Explorer 11 desktop application will be retired and go out of support on June 15, 2022, for certain versions of Windows 10.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-10914819/Microsoft-retire-Internet-Explorer-TOMORROW-27-years-launched.html

The Microsoft Edge is my second best browser just after Brave browser
Re: Microsoft To Finally Retire Its Web Browser Internet Explorer Tomorrow by dfrost: 4:57pm On Jun 15, 2022
Kyase:

So it's finally sunset on IE. I'm still checking Edge for vulnerabilities.

Azure has been getting vulnerabilities lately, so I still have doubts about Edge's security posture. I'll stick with Google for now, keep patching and updating until I'm convinced of Edge.
Re: Microsoft To Finally Retire Its Web Browser Internet Explorer Tomorrow by dfrost: 4:59pm On Jun 15, 2022
Sucre6:
Internet explorer is only good in downloading google chrome or firefox after which them push am go one side grin

cheesy grin you are wicked ooh... Well it's so because Chrome is not pre-installed. Microsoft has to partner with Chrome and give up on their browser business.

You can't grab everything. Collaboration and partnership is the way to go.

1 Like

Re: Microsoft To Finally Retire Its Web Browser Internet Explorer Tomorrow by Kyase(m): 5:01pm On Jun 15, 2022
dfrost:

So it's finally sunset on IE. I'm still checking Edge for vulnerabilities.

Azure has been getting vulnerabilities lately, so I still have doubts about Edge's security posture. I'll stick with Google for now, keep patching and updating until I'm convinced of Edge.
I like chrome but it’s damn slow and heavy, edge is secure and when downloading large files it’s simply the best, you can continue downloading after 7 days
If you want to surf safely then try Brave

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Microsoft To Finally Retire Its Web Browser Internet Explorer Tomorrow by dfrost: 5:13pm On Jun 15, 2022
Kyase:

I like chrome but it’s damn slow and heavy, edge is secure and when downloading large files it’s simply the best, you can continue downloading after 7 days
If you want to surf safely then try Brave

I'll look at Brave although I spin up my vpn for safety. That's the upside of Edge, the days of download in-between, albeit that patience no dey to wait even 1 minute to finish my download cheesy
Re: Microsoft To Finally Retire Its Web Browser Internet Explorer Tomorrow by Kyase(m): 5:15pm On Jun 15, 2022
dfrost:

I'll look at Brave. That's the upside of Edge, the 7 days download in-between, albeit that patience no dey to wait even 1 minutes to finish my download cheesy
that one na for people wey Dey manage
Re: Microsoft To Finally Retire Its Web Browser Internet Explorer Tomorrow by dfrost: 5:16pm On Jun 15, 2022
Kyase:
that one na for people wey Dey manage

cheesy grin no kee me ooh.

With your knowledge of IoT, why don't you have a go at Information Security/Cybersecurity (that's if you not there already)? You have a knack for it.
Re: Microsoft To Finally Retire Its Web Browser Internet Explorer Tomorrow by Kyase(m): 5:19pm On Jun 15, 2022
dfrost:

cheesy grin no kee me ooh.

With your knowledge of IoT, why don't you have a go at Information Security/Cybersecurity (that's if you not there already)? You have a knack for it.
You do night sub of 250mb 8 times/days to finish downloading a file of 4gb

1 Like

Re: Microsoft To Finally Retire Its Web Browser Internet Explorer Tomorrow by dfrost: 5:38pm On Jun 15, 2022
Kyase:

You do night sub of 250mb 8 times/days to finish downloading a file of 4gb

grin grin shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Microsoft To Finally Retire Its Web Browser Internet Explorer Tomorrow by Youngpo413: 5:52pm On Jun 15, 2022
Kyase:

It has all site dark mode like brave?
Re: Microsoft To Finally Retire Its Web Browser Internet Explorer Tomorrow by Kyase(m): 6:48pm On Jun 15, 2022
Youngpo413:
yes sir
Re: Microsoft To Finally Retire Its Web Browser Internet Explorer Tomorrow by dfrost: 7:11pm On Jun 15, 2022
Youngpo413:

Yeah, Edge has the Dark Mode. And it's beautiful tbh cheesy.

1 Like

Re: Microsoft To Finally Retire Its Web Browser Internet Explorer Tomorrow by Youngpo413: 8:35pm On Jun 15, 2022
Kyase:
yes sir
I will try it sha,but 'brave' no get rival for now....the speed na die!
Re: Microsoft To Finally Retire Its Web Browser Internet Explorer Tomorrow by Kyase(m): 8:39pm On Jun 15, 2022
Youngpo413:
I will try it sha,but 'brave' no get rival for now....the speed na die!
Brave no get mate ooo

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

If You Have Charger For This Smartwatch Call Me Or Text Or Beep.. See Pictures / MTN Zone Is Cheaper To Other Networks Now / Black Berry Z30 For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.