Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,956 members, 7,919,078 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 09:05 PM

How Tinubu's Legacy Projects Is Still Helping The Masses 15 Years After He Left - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Tinubu's Legacy Projects Is Still Helping The Masses 15 Years After He Left (597 Views)

Ifeanyi Ubah: 80% Of Igbo Derive Their Wealth From Tinubu’s Legacy In Lagos / 2023: Soludo Visits Obiano, Commends Him For Executing Legacy Projects / Buhari In Imo: Infrastructure Legacy Projects Of PMB-Led FG In The SE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Tinubu's Legacy Projects Is Still Helping The Masses 15 Years After He Left by AnambraPrince: 9:21am On Jun 15, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JDR3m9v1WU

WATCH the video. This was Tinubu speaking at the inauguration of Office of Public Defender, alias OPD, in year 2000, just less than 1 year into office. Shows you Tinubu was a man on a mission and a Governor with a vision. It's one of the many transformational and nation building projects he embarked upon as Governor, that also proves he has the masses welfare at heart.

What is OPD? It's simply an agency of LASG that provides FREE legal services for EVERYONE. As in absolutely free. And they don't discriminate whether you are a Lagos indigene or not, heck they don't even care if you are from the moon. So far you are a decent human being, you will be provided free legal services. I'm not talking about mushroom legal services, I mean the absolute best because OPD is directly rub under the Lagos Justice Ministry - the biggest legal shots in town.

Personally, how has this impacted me? Well, here's my story. Many years ago, I borrowed a business associate some huge money running into many millions. For some unexplainable reasons, the guy refused to pay when it was time to pay back. I consulted about it and people were telling me all sorts like use SARS to get him, like get your lawyer to sue him to court, like arrange street boys to treat his Bleep up etc. It was crazy back then. But I was afraid to go through the legal route of suing to court with my lawyer because who knows how long the case will drag, or probably he will now pay small small and might take years, who knows.

I was in an utter state of confusion until someone mentioned to me, have you tried OPD? Up till this point, I never knew what the hell that was. And even after, I was a bit skeptical. But later, I decided decided give it a shot, after all, it is free, what do I got to lose, right?

So I went there, and wow, I was surprised really. Like normally, I hate visiting government offices, the redtape and bureaucratic protocols, as well as corruption involved keep you waiting endless, unless you cut corners with bribes. But like they were quite organized, the wait time was little, I didn't go there on a know-me know-you basis, went there like a stranger with no connections, no bribes, followed due process and not long after I was sitting at the desk of one of their lawyers explaining what my issue was.

Fortunately, for me, the loan I gave out had some documentation proof with it, and that's all they needed. I only paid for typing outside at a business center the letter they asked me to type and submit, and paid for only dispatch to deliver their own letter to my debtor's office.

My guy paid me by the end of the month. We were later both joking about it when the dust had settled about how fast he paid me, someone that had been giving me bad attitude that he doesn't have money, or i can do my worst, hmm, human being. The guy was like when he saw letter with Lagos Justice Ministry and whatnot headings with all the biggest legal titles LLb, CNN, BBC grin, he knew he had to cooperate quick. That's how I got my millions back without any stress. I didn't pay 1 kobo for legal fees, or bribes, or gifts.

OPD doesn't care if you are poor, or if you don't belong to Yoruba tribe, they only care about if your facts are true and right, they will support you. If you are wrong, they will counsel you. Free topnotch legal counsel. You don't have to know anybody or bribe anybody. Is that not the kind of Public Institutions we should be having across Nigeria. It is definitely a good role model.

Now that's just me. But there are millions of other people, people from various tribes and ethnicity benefiting from OPD.

That's what you call a true legacy projects, a superlative initiative of how setting up the right government institutions and empowering them in favor of the masses is the best approach to nation building. So tell me why will I not support Tinubu for president? Please can someone show us 1 legacy project by Atiku as VP for 8 years that is still benefiting the masses till today? #Cityboy 2023

1 Like

Re: How Tinubu's Legacy Projects Is Still Helping The Masses 15 Years After He Left by Light78: 9:35am On Jun 15, 2022
Re: How Tinubu's Legacy Projects Is Still Helping The Masses 15 Years After He Left by hopman98: 9:39am On Jun 15, 2022
BAT is a visionary leader that always assemble men of great intellect. Only God knows the number of OBITUARISTS that have benefited from his projects. This is who we need, not an egyptian mummy scholar

1 Like

Re: How Tinubu's Legacy Projects Is Still Helping The Masses 15 Years After He Left by Front0lane: 9:44am On Jun 15, 2022
If Nigeria fails to take advantage of this God sent at this hour only God can help us then.

Only fools n lunatics that bigotry as ruined their life will be comparing such brilliance with any of the other clowns.

1 Like

Re: How Tinubu's Legacy Projects Is Still Helping The Masses 15 Years After He Left by 00FFT00(m): 10:06am On Jun 15, 2022
Sure as an ex con in the US, Tinubu will be sure to know about the Public defender program.
He even directly named it 1 to 1 as the US program.
Tinubu na old criminal.
Re: How Tinubu's Legacy Projects Is Still Helping The Masses 15 Years After He Left by Nobody: 10:16am On Jun 15, 2022
The Real Tinubu
Tinubu is so sick that he can't even squat or sit and pray. His left hand is dead and always hidden in his clothes and can't hold anything. Away from his health, he is dangerously corrupt and believes governance is all about thuggery, looting, stealing and building evil dynasty. He has no morals or scruples, every known thing about him is trickery, cheating and bribery. He is a modern Lagos slave Lord who ruled Lagos for 8years and brainwashed Lagosians that he singlehandedly built Lagos when even Lagos was built by federal government. Today, no one remembers Fashola, Ambode as the former governors of Lagos who did a lot better than Tinubu.
Above all, our experience with Buhari's health can't be wished again. Buhari's health affected Nigeria and took us back in everything. Every Nigerian is crying. North is talking of presidency because of Buhari's health. They felt they lost too. North is worse now than before. Buhari couldn't do anything because of his health and we have another deadman disturbing us. Say God forbid. Tinubu should go and rest. We are not selling Nigeria.
Tinubu has stolen a lot of money. If you know how to praise him and collect the money like the north and some wise southerners are doing, please do. But don't come to our houses or important social media platform to promote a deadman who will make our condition worse. A vote to Tinubu is a waste. Don't promote what will affect you and your children.
Re: How Tinubu's Legacy Projects Is Still Helping The Masses 15 Years After He Left by Carlosdd: 10:18am On Jun 15, 2022
The man for the job ABAT 2023

1 Like

Re: How Tinubu's Legacy Projects Is Still Helping The Masses 15 Years After He Left by AnambraPrince: 6:07pm On Jun 15, 2022
cool

(1) (Reply)

Governor Okowa Is Betrayer, – Ohanaeze Condemns Atiku's Choice Of Running Mate / Gov. Soludo Debunked The Viral Investment News About Peter Obi As Fake News / Obi,Sowore Top Pulse Nigeria Online Poll

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.