Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,223 members, 7,880,834 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 07:43 AM

Your Opinion Needed: What Is The Best HMO You Recommend For Nigerians? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Your Opinion Needed: What Is The Best HMO You Recommend For Nigerians? (300 Views)

40 Valid Best HMO In Nigeria 2023 [tested And Confirmed] / Which Swallow Would You Recommend For A Diabetic / The Best HMO In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Your Opinion Needed: What Is The Best HMO You Recommend For Nigerians? by Geraldsergio95(m): 9:25am On Jun 15, 2022
Are you a CEO of a company in Nigeria or an employee in a company that works with an HMO?

Please I will like to hear your opinion. I'm creating an article for https://www.semichealth.com/, one of the top health sites in Nigeria.

In this article, I want to talk about HMO in Nigeria and also list out some of the best HMOs people can use.
But I don't want to regurgitate information on Google. I want to hear from you. This will help me narrow down my research.
Which HMO is your company using? Do you think they offer great services? What benefits do they offer? What makes them better than other HMOs?

Also physicians, people that work in hospitals please tell us about the HMOs your hospitals are affiliated to if you recommend them.
Please don't air my post. Help me give out the right information to fellow Nigerians. You can drop your response in the comment section below or you can DM me as well.

If you come across this post, please respond and help me reshare to your network. Thank you!

We already created an article that explains the meaning of HMO, the roles of HMOs in Nigeria and how they operate in this article:

https://www.semichealth.com/public-health/16/health-maintenance-organization-hmo-in-nigeria

Re: Your Opinion Needed: What Is The Best HMO You Recommend For Nigerians? by Romanoff(f): 9:52am On Jun 15, 2022
Hygeia is what we use and the pros outweigh the cons depending on your company's ability to negotiate rates and packages.

Reasons I love Hygeia HMO:

1. They have an app where I can view my profile and that of my dependents, view hospitals I can access care, check how much I've been billed per visit, lay complaints and see how much I still have on my tab.

2. They have a roaming plan. Anywhere in Nigeria I find myself, I can access care in any hospital on the directory in that state without hassles. Even in the same state, I can access care in almost any hospital of my choice, even 5 if I wish to.

3. They have high category hospitals. We were considering changing Hygeia because a few staff complained, we checked with other HMOs and discovered that the high hospitals Hygeia give us access to, these other HMOs don't even have them.

4. Dedicated Customer service line to lay complaints and email and phone call follow up to ask about your experience in any hospital you visit.

5. After the birth of my child, for two weeks, Hygeia would call to ask about how me and baby were doing.

6. If you're unable to get a prescribed drug at the hospital, hygeia would send you to one of their pharmacies to pick up the drugs and you would not need to pay.

7. Refund on unavailable drugs. If Hygeia is unable to find the drugs at hospitals or pharmacies under them, you'd b asked to source for the drugs, get a letter from the hospital stating they prescribed the drugs but couldn't get it, with a copy of the receipt for the payment of the drugs you bought, you'd be reimbursed.

I haven't checked with other HMOs but Hygeia no dey give me headache for now.

If it ain't broke, why fix it?

(1) (Reply)

4 Fishes That Can Harm Your Brain And Cause Brain Disorder / 5 Mental Health Problems That Can Destroy Your Happiness / How To Straighten Your Bow Legs Without Surgery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.