Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,665 members, 7,918,134 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 11:45 PM

Time - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Time (311 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Time by Itzurboi(m): 2:48pm On Jun 15, 2022
Let's discuss, argue, share ideas but most importantly, no insults.
Back to the topic;
What is time?
Is it an illusion? courtesy of logicalhumour
If time has a beginning, what then was or happened before the beginning?
premiumwriter,logicalhumour, 11thGoldTREE, PapaNnamdi
Re: Time by logicalhumour: 7:35pm On Jun 15, 2022
Haha. Thinking about time usually messes with my head.

I was once alone in a room with a loud analogue wall clock. I kept hearing the tick tock sound until it occurred to me that that was our concept of time 'self-destructing' itself!

Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock...each tick and tock moment passing by, never seen again.

About time being an illusion, of course, it depends. Our lives, for example, are full of events—physical events. These events have a beginning and an end, so it makes sense to attach a quantity to the duration it eats. We call it time (this is not an illusion)

However, when you think about time in a wider scope, as in how it relates to our universe, you'll encounter problems. We measure time in seconds. These seconds theoretically have no end, hence we cannot pin a beginning to it. Not even the big bang! No, since for something to have occurred in time, time must have existed before that event.

Hence, with no beginning nor an end, you CANNOT actually point to a middle or any point for that matter. This excessive flexibility can lead to any being with a better understanding of time to manipulate it, making it a classic illusion.

I'm still trying to get this better understanding of time. Two things however block my way. Two more fundamental quantities apart from time: Length and Mass.

I might drop my findings. Maybe.
Re: Time by logicalhumour: 7:42pm On Jun 15, 2022
This is a serious stuff o. At times when I start, I literally crash to sleep and reboot at least 5 times in just an hour of thinking.

The good thing is that, each time I wake, I seem to have a larger capacity to continue.
Re: Time by Itzurboi(m): 8:20pm On Jun 15, 2022
Personally, i feel time is not real, it's just a human construct to differentiate between past, and the present.
Imagine time not in human setup, the already complex life would seem more disorganized.

(1) (Reply)

How come I am not Strong Like All Of You / Funnies Honey Sexy Hour / 10 Simple Ways To Keep Your Relationship Strong And Healthy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.