Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,675 members, 7,951,832 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 03:31 AM

Is My Baby Teething - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Is My Baby Teething (673 Views)

My Baby's Skin Problem Now A Story Of The Past / My Baby's Skin Problem Is Worrisome (Disturbing Photos) / Baby Teething Symptoms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is My Baby Teething by Ftmcare: 9:35pm On Jun 15, 2022
IS MY BABY TEETHING?

What is teething?
Your baby is teething when his or her first set of teeth, called primary teeth break through the gums.
When does teething typically start?
Teething usually begins around 6 months of age. But it is normal for teething to start at any time between 3 months and 12 months of age. By the time your child is about 3 years old, he or she will have all 20 primary teeth.

The lower front teeth usually come in first. Upper front teeth usually come in 1 to 2 months after the lower front teeth.

What are the symptoms Of Teething?
Some babies are fussier than usual when they are teething. This may be because of soreness and swelling in the gums before a tooth comes through. These symptoms usually begin about 3 to 5 days before the tooth shows, and they disappear as soon as the tooth breaks the skin. Many babies don't seem to be affected by teething.

Babies may bite on their fingers or toys to help relieve the pressure in their gums. They may also refuse to eat and drink because their mouths hurt.

Many babies drool during teething, which can cause a rash on the chin, face, or chest. Mild symptoms that get better usually are nothing to worry about.

PLS NOTE!!!
TEETHING does not cause fever, diarrhea, diaper rash, ill appearance or lowered resistance to infection.

CAUTION!!! Blaming teething for fevers and crying can lead to a delayed diagnosis of ear infections, urinary tract infections, meningitis and other infections.
To learn more on;
* How to help your baby be more comfortable while teething
*Pre-baby Care
* Preterm baby Care
* New born Care
* Breastfeeding
* Infant Feeding for first 1000 days
* Immunization
* Growth and Development
* Basic Care Procedure
* General Child Care concerns
* Common Minor Disorder
* The Sick New born
* First Aid Care
* Parenting and Child Safety
* You also have acess to closed Whatsapp group with Dr.Gbemisola , where you can ask any child's health related questions.

Kindly click here: https:///jw3e65

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is My Baby Teething by Emdee590(m): 9:57pm On Jun 15, 2022
Broken link, please send complete link

(1) (Reply)

My Daughter Coughs Steadily Since 8pm Till Now / Third World Countries In Danger Of Extinction / Rumour About Apple

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.