Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,329 members, 7,881,228 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 02:45 PM

Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning (47105 Views)

Wike’s Camp Fumes, Warns PDP As Atiku Picks Okowa Running Mate / Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate / Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by Athemisia: 11:38am On Jun 16, 2022
sonature1:

Wike is a rugged politician who doesn't even hide his true colours.
The bold statement is the only sense in your write-up.
[size=15pt]
Thanks for coming. [/size]
Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by Nato008(m): 11:38am On Jun 16, 2022
EnglandAmaka:
Going through the primaries, you will realise that the 109 senators and the 360 house of rep members never actually read through the new electoral amendment act.

They were just screaming, "Mr President sign! Sign! Sign!" without even knowing what they have sent to him to sign.
To sound elitist, a lot people kept disturbing our eyes and ears with .. "Muhammadu Buhari is scared of signing!".. what do you know was to be signed.. These lots never showed their constituencies!

From the selection of only delegates.. these funny politicians didn't even know when they wrote off their statutory delegates!

Like football coaches, it was their duty to inform their parties that the game has changed!

They don't even know when they nipped in what made the Yørúbas opt for another candidate other than Yemi Osibanjo, because a VP who has done 2 terms can now only do a one term as president.

This was where Ebele Goodluck Jonathan was seeking for clarification, to know if he is still eligible because, he has done VP that jumped into two terms and a one term President.

PDP has not told their supporters that by the new electoral laws, Atiku Abubakar can only do a one term, haven done 2 terms as VP.

The new law does not permit anyone who has contested for primaries in one party to skip to another for any position in the same election year. So the Mr.Peter Obi coming to PDP or NNPP Kwankwasiya teaming with Peter Obi is gone.

The law does not even permit that any of those that has contested for any position to take up any other in the same year.. so the story of Nyesom Wike or Yahaya Bello, being a VP is off for 2023 cos they can't aspire for president and VP in the same electoral year.

Senate President Ahmed Lawan, Akpabio, Bagudu etc who have variously contested can not vie for senatorial position or Vice Presidency respectively..

In fact, the scenerio that made Atiku a VP can't happen again, where he won as governor and was later picked by Olusegun Obasanjo.

A beg as you are struggling to get your PVC, struggle to know the rules of the game! Go and read and understand the Electoral Laws.
Mehn....this is serious oh
Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by osinbanjoisaliar: 11:39am On Jun 16, 2022
Sufferingboy:

Keep your mouth shut, insult Okowa if you want.Leave Agbor people out of this.

Agbor people. You mean those people who hausa don capture their land. Or those people who kidnapping and ritual killing be their stock of trade. Na doze people you dey support
Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by sonature1: 11:40am On Jun 16, 2022
Athemisia:

The bold statement is the only sense in your write-up.

Thanks for coming.

Americans say that opinions are like assholes and that everyone is entitled to one.
Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by YourRealFather: 11:41am On Jun 16, 2022
4ckyou:

they are not serious, okowa doesn't have any base in South South, he doesn't have supporters too, PDP is not ready
With Okowa pdp will get more igbo vote,
But with wike zero vote

1 Like

Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by Sufferingboy(f): 11:44am On Jun 16, 2022
osinbanjoisaliar:

Agbor people. You mean those people who hausa don capture their land. Or those people who kidnapping and ritual killing be their stock of trade. Na doze people you dey support

Shut up Mr man,tell me your tribe.Before I go fit talk with you.I know you're an Igbo man.
Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by Hakeem3(m): 11:47am On Jun 16, 2022
Frigga13:

Okowa is the best political choice .. we need the igbo votes much more than Wike’s Rivers money..

The south south will naturally fall in line .. Edo stAte too..

A Wike would have me voting for Obi ..

Power to the people
North 2023
No vex oh, we the Edolites are very OBi-dient.
Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by osinbanjoisaliar: 11:47am On Jun 16, 2022
Sufferingboy:

Shut up Mr man,tell me your tribe.Before I go fit talk with you.I know you're an Igbo man.

I be homosapien.
I no get tribe, country or creed

1 Like

Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by hammer567: 11:48am On Jun 16, 2022
Frigga13:

Okonjo will do worst

Nigeria don’t need messiah

Nigeria need to be restructured

NIGERIA NEED THE RIGHT PEOPLE OCUPYING THE RIGHT OFFICE.
Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by YourRealFather: 11:48am On Jun 16, 2022
Duru009:

How do you want to win a NATIONAL election with relatively UNKNOWN person without a good structure. WIKE remaind PDP strong candidate for VP atleast he contested the Presidential primary but narrowly came second.....

Bro you no get talk
Yaradua won with goodluck jonathan, buhari won with osibanjo,
Osibanjo and goodluck, which of them have a better structure or popular than okowa in their era before they became vp
Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by Cjrane2: 11:49am On Jun 16, 2022

1 Like

Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by Ologbo147: 11:50am On Jun 16, 2022
How many times them dae pick this okowa
Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by Vadese1: 11:50am On Jun 16, 2022
Some time you guy just talk any how. If you don't know, Wike political influence is only limited to Rivers State, even this time around, it will be very difficult for him to win rivers. If Atiku would have opted for wike, that automatically could have been a failure. None of the ss governors is ready to work with Wike. They are not in good terms with him. The SE electorates will not even vote him. The SE for now see Wike as a more bigger enemy than even Buhari. Atiku has just made the right choice.

Marine25ak:
PDP HAS FINALLY BURIED ITSELF BY ITSELF
WIKE WOULD HAVE PULLED MORE STRINGS FOR THE PARTY. AND LOOKING AT HIS LONG STANDIND LOYALTY TO THE PARTY, HE DESERVES TO EVEN BE THE PARTY'S PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE AHEAD OF ATIKU.
RIP PDP
WE ARE FULY OBIDIENT LABOURERS

1 Like

Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by DeleTaller: 11:51am On Jun 16, 2022
Frigga13:

Delta state.

and I am sure Delta no be south east state.
Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by DeleTaller: 11:52am On Jun 16, 2022
Frigga13:

Delta state.

and I am sure Delta no be south east state.
so dem go come get massive vote from there?
Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by samonak(m): 11:52am On Jun 16, 2022
Wrong pick, he should have opted for Emmanuel Udom of Akwa Ibom. Emmanuel has more credibility than Okowa. This team is dead on arrival.
Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by Sufferingboy(f): 11:53am On Jun 16, 2022
osinbanjoisaliar:

I be homosapien.
I no get tribe, country or creed

Na God go punish you and your foolish tribe,Ika people nor send Una.Na you first insult Agbor people with lies.
Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by 123yes(m): 11:54am On Jun 16, 2022
Thank God that woke was not chosen. I reserve my comments
Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by Sufferingboy(f): 11:54am On Jun 16, 2022
Atiku na mumu for picking Okowa,me and Okowa are from the same Owa clan.But wike is a better and more serious candidate if PDP are serious not this Okowa.
Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by Adexxi(m): 11:55am On Jun 16, 2022
How will SE votes win election Peter Obi is not known outside SE. A vote for him is just a waste
LegalWolf:

It is unfortunate that both parties excluded the SE from the presidency. It only makes sense if the 5 SE states vote massively for LP, although I personally think they won't win.
Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by Kinzo0917(m): 11:55am On Jun 16, 2022
osinbanjoisaliar:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/537275-finally-pdp-presidential-candidate-atiku-abubakar-picks-running-mate.html
. I am from Delta but I want to say Atiku made a grave mistake. Y pick Okowa d failure? Okowa is d worst governor delta State has ever produced. For good 8 years of his administration, he performed woefully. Go to Delta, no single structure to his name. Atiku goofed big time choosing Okowa as his running mate
Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by freemi(m): 11:56am On Jun 16, 2022
AntonVince:
With due respect to the person of Okowa, I think Wike is the PDP's best bet if they're truly desirous of dethroning the APC.
yes u r right. But if u r atiku will u choose wike? B sincere
Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by Livelystone01: 11:59am On Jun 16, 2022
Beremx:
How did Okowa perform in Delta State? Anyway, he’s far better than Emperor Wike the incorrigible tyrant
Okowa didn't perform well o. He destroyed most of the tiny gains I enjoyed as a student during the last administration who many, including myself considered as below par when compared with their predecessor, Ibori.

Check the list below...
The free Neco and Waec for students were canceled, the intracity bus that made transportation to be cheap within the state was terminated, the free antenatal for pregnant women was canceled, the Asaba airport sold (can you imagine that a government airport can be sold without details?), the states's higher institutions have increased tuition fees (the poor will struggle in this respect), and the worst is that he borrows monthly. Between December last year and today, Okowa has collected loans about 4-5 times in billions.

If you think I'm against him, just try and do some research before you respond you will understand that I'm saying the truth.

If not for my siblings in Delta, going to my own state would have been difficult. Nothing works there anymore.
Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by Orpe7(m): 12:01pm On Jun 16, 2022
Atiku no want VP wey go machet am grin

Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by Jahwinaboy(m): 12:01pm On Jun 16, 2022
Which one be yeba and yema voters?
osinbanjoisaliar:

No, Wike na good populist presidential candidate. But nothing like populist VP. Wike na number 1, him no fit do number 2. Okowa dullness and ugly face go resonate with the cabal and the yepa and yema voters

Read my thread to fully understand

https://www.nairaland.com/7176889/how-atiku-win-election
Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by Jmichael1(m): 12:02pm On Jun 16, 2022
Afamsi:
Obi will win, Atiku will come 2nd, Tinubu 3rd

in ur dream ba?

1 Like

Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by Livelystone01: 12:03pm On Jun 16, 2022
Kinzo0917:
. I am from Delta but I want to say Atiku made a grave mistake. Y pick Okowa d failure? Okowa is d worst governor delta State has ever produced. For good 8 years of his administration, he performed woefully. Go to Delta, no single structure to his name. Atiku goofed big time choosing Okowa as his running mate
My problem with him is not that he failed to build anything, it is the fact that he destroyed the little things het met.

No free Neck and Watch for students anymore.

No free antenatal anymore.

No cheap transportation anymore.

No cheap school fees anymore in the state schools.

Airport is reportedly being sold.

Too many loans collection within 6 months.

I was angry at Uduaghan, but he is better than Okowa.
Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jun 16, 2022
Okowa that destroyed Delta State, chai
Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by Oplomo: 12:05pm On Jun 16, 2022
EnglandAmaka:
Going through the primaries, you will realise that the 109 senators and the 360 house of rep members never actually read through the new electoral amendment act.

They were just screaming, "Mr President sign! Sign! Sign!" without even knowing what they have sent to him to sign.
To sound elitist, a lot people kept disturbing our eyes and ears with .. "Muhammadu Buhari is scared of signing!".. what do you know was to be signed.. These lots never showed their constituencies!

From the selection of only delegates.. these funny politicians didn't even know when they wrote off their statutory delegates!

Like football coaches, it was their duty to inform their parties that the game has changed!

They don't even know when they nipped in what made the Yørúbas opt for another candidate other than Yemi Osibanjo, because a VP who has done 2 terms can now only do a one term as president.

This was where Ebele Goodluck Jonathan was seeking for clarification, to know if he is still eligible because, he has done VP that jumped into two terms and a one term President.

PDP has not told their supporters that by the new electoral laws, Atiku Abubakar can only do a one term, haven done 2 terms as VP.

The new law does not permit anyone who has contested for primaries in one party to skip to another for any position in the same election year. So the Mr.Peter Obi coming to PDP or NNPP Kwankwasiya teaming with Peter Obi is gone.

The law does not even permit that any of those that has contested for any position to take up any other in the same year.. so the story of Nyesom Wike or Yahaya Bello, being a VP is off for 2023 cos they can't aspire for president and VP in the same electoral year.

Senate President Ahmed Lawan, Akpabio, Bagudu etc who have variously contested can not vie for senatorial position or Vice Presidency respectively..

In fact, the scenerio that made Atiku a VP can't happen again, where he won as governor and was later picked by Olusegun Obasanjo.

A beg as you are struggling to get your PVC, struggle to know the rules of the game! Go and read and understand the Electoral Laws.

I am impressed.. Thumbs up .
Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by kayperry: 12:06pm On Jun 16, 2022
QueenOfTheCoast:
be Obidient
it'll do you good and that of your generation.
Election no be intertribe competition
it's an avenue to better ourselves and our generation.
suffering knows no tribe.
Apc government have proven that Nigeria doesn't need them and promoting them again is a very big disservice to the country you claim to love.
Apc have failed.
you have to kiss this truth bro.

Yeah !! Maybe APC as failed for presenting a Lifeless Buhari that failed nigerians in all levels buh the reality before us today as electorate is that we are yet to get to that range we can stop PDP & APC dominance, instead of day dreaming or fantasizing our best move is to infuriate PDP & Apc so as to suite us.
If you can't stop a water flow your best chances is to creat a path/tunnel for it
Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by muykem: 12:07pm On Jun 16, 2022
So Wike has throw away another billions within three weeks.
Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by PHIPEX(m): 12:09pm On Jun 16, 2022
EnglandAmaka:

With this analysis, what about Tambuwal that contested for president and still got Senate ticket?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Does The President Have The Constitutional Power To Suspend The Chief Justice? / Yusuf & Zahra Buhari Graduate From College / Youth Leader Kills Huge Camel To Celebrate Buhari's Return In Bauchi State. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.