Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,414 members, 7,901,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 02:45 AM

My Cousin Brought This To Me, Please Help Me! - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Cousin Brought This To Me, Please Help Me! (61329 Views)

How A Teacher Flogged & Injured My Cousin At Nsude Seminary School (Graphic) / Quickly Guys; My Cousin Brought This One For Me To Solve / See The Home Work My Cousin In Primary Two(2) Failed According To Her Teacher (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Cousin Brought This To Me, Please Help Me! by jagjag: 8:54am On Jun 17, 2022
The answer is 5 for bako and the mother was 30years old then
Re: My Cousin Brought This To Me, Please Help Me! by Khayordhe: 8:55am On Jun 17, 2022
Word problem... grin

If ur babe no know maths, please try and do everything to know it o..

If ur babe come sabi maths and u no know am, glory be to God, u are free bro..

If two of una no come sabi, just try and give ursef some break make two of una go learn am, if one pesin don come sabi am, the other fee come chill and relax

If two of una come sabi am, please and please, i dey kneel down dey prostrate at the same time, just end the relationship or marriage, it won't go far... two of una are meant for pesin wey no sabi maths.. save the world, save our unborn children..
Re: My Cousin Brought This To Me, Please Help Me! by Morphinne: 8:55am On Jun 17, 2022
Abusadiq01:
Good Evening Nairalanders, So this evening I came back from work very tired, my cousin Came into my room and said, "Broda, Please help me do my Math assignment". To my surprise, it was word problem in mathematics. As a 300L B.Pharm student, I excitedly collected it and sharply wanted to do it at that spot, bt wat I thought it was wasn't it. So I told her to leave it on d table wen am done I will check it again...

Pls help me show ur working, dat girl go request for explanation... Thanks

Lol interesting
Biko is now 10
When bako was 5, his mother would be 30
Bako will be 25 years old when his mother clocks 50
His mother was 25 when Bako was born
The age difference is 25 years cheesy
Re: My Cousin Brought This To Me, Please Help Me! by kweensheba: 8:55am On Jun 17, 2022
No longer at ease.
Re: My Cousin Brought This To Me, Please Help Me! by chuksPraise50(m): 8:55am On Jun 17, 2022
School na scam squad over to you....mind you if you don't have anyone disturbing you for assignments now.. remember that you will have kids soon
Re: My Cousin Brought This To Me, Please Help Me! by TruthinAction: 8:56am On Jun 17, 2022
BRIGHT180:
Let Bako current age = x
five years ago Bako is x-5

Let Mother current age = y= 35yrs
Five years ago mom's age was 6times son's age
y-5 =6(x-5)
35-5= 6x-30
6x= 60
x=10
I) x = Bako current age= 10
From their current ages mom will ALWAYS be 25 years older than Bako, therefore b = a +25, a and b now variables a for bako age , b for mom's age.

ii) Mom's age for Bako at 5 ,a =5, b=?
b= 5+25 =30

iii) Bako age for mom at 50, b=50, a=?
50 =a +25
a= 50-25 = 25

iv) Mom's age for Bako at birth, a=0 b=?
b = 0+25 = 25

v) age difference= b-a = 25

Just in case your younger one ask for explanation

Another approach
Let's say Baka age 5 years ago = x
After five years his age now = 2x
2x - x = 5
x = 5 (Bako was 5 years old 5 years ago)
Now = 2x
= 2 x 5 = 10 years.
1. Bako is now 10 years
2. Mother's age was 6x = 30
3. Bako will be 25 years when the mother is 50 because their age difference is 25 years.
4. Bako mother is (30-5) years = 25 years when he was born.
5. The age difference is 25 years (30-5).

1 Like

Re: My Cousin Brought This To Me, Please Help Me! by awoofawoo: 8:56am On Jun 17, 2022
blazingblender:
Matter long ooh
But I think the first answer is 10 yrs
His mother was 30 yrs then
He will be 25 when his mum is 50
She was 25 when he was born
And the difference between their age is 25

Correct answers

1 Like

Re: My Cousin Brought This To Me, Please Help Me! by CALCULUS16: 8:56am On Jun 17, 2022
Let his current age equals= t
Five years ago, he was t-5
2(t-5)= t
2t-10= t
2t-t= 10
t=10
His age is 10
He was 5 five years ago
His mother was then was then 6 x 5= 30yrs
Now she's 35, even that statement of 35 in the question is not necessary
His mum gave birth to him when she was 25 years old. If she turns 50
Baki would be 25 years old
Re: My Cousin Brought This To Me, Please Help Me! by Dailyparrot: 8:57am On Jun 17, 2022
Abusadiq01:
Good Evening Nairalanders, So this evening I came back from work very tired, my cousin Came into my room and said, "Broda, Please help me do my Math assignment". To my surprise, it was word problem in mathematics. As a 300L B.Pharm student, I excitedly collected it and sharply wanted to do it at that spot, bt wat I thought it was wasn't it. So I told her to leave it on d table wen am done I will check it again...

This is very basic and I will advise you don't use the x mathematics the other guy gave to explain it to your ward else you confuse them.

First question is straightforward.

Bako is 10 years because 5*2=10.

Second question is 30 years. Since the mother is currently 35 and Bako is now five years older. Five years ago, the mother is five years younger. It's 35-5=30.

Third question is 25 years. Since the mother is currently 35 and Bako is 10 years. At 50, the mother is 35+15=50 years. So, Bako will be 10+15=25 years.

Bako's mother was 30 years when Bako was 5 years. It's safe to say that Bako's mother was 25 years when Bako was born. So, 30-5=25 years.

The age difference is 25 years since that was the mother's age when Bako was born.

This is an addition, multiplication, and subtraction questions. Please, don't go and be using x to explain to someone in that level. You will only confuse their confusion grin

3 Likes

Re: My Cousin Brought This To Me, Please Help Me! by obailala(m): 8:57am On Jun 17, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:
The lies and deceits planted in education so that people become stupid and lose focus on what they are supposed to be doing.

First what is my business with Bako and his mother's age? I don't have any business with them.

Of what use and relevance and profit is this? Even American embassy do not calculate this to know your age.

The simple thing is to ask, what is your age? And what is your mother's age. And birth certificates and school certificates and other things will take of all this none sense..

No! Not none sense but a wicked deception meant to make you follow the distraction in sleight of hand.

As every grown up has seen, no one has ever used this shit, not even detectives.

And maths had plenty of these and they are meant to keep us busy doing a nullity, which is why people have come to say education is a scam.

I say the education they give is preparing us to be scammed. It is a case of using the Truth as the vehicle for delivering lies.

Oh yes, Bako's age isnt your business, but the essence of these kind of brain teaser questions when growing up was to stimulate and develop your brain centres so you may be able to think analytically and on your feet when you grow up.

Unfortunately, not everyone would ever be able to grasp these things, even in adulthood; but even if you couldnt, the very fact that you tasked your brain as a child trying to solve these kind of problems, it already helped your brain to develop.

1 Like

Re: My Cousin Brought This To Me, Please Help Me! by kapelvej: 8:58am On Jun 17, 2022
Tolexander:
Bako’s age = 10years

Bako’s mum was 30years when Bako was 5years

Bako will be 25 years when his mother is 50years

Bako’s mother was 25years when she gave birth to Bako

Their age difference is 25
Mathemagic ! Show your workings
Re: My Cousin Brought This To Me, Please Help Me! by Onewazobia(m): 8:59am On Jun 17, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:
The lies and deceits planted in education so that people become stupid and lose focus on what they are supposed to be doing.

First what is my business with Bako and his mother's age? I don't have any business with them.

Of what use and relevance and profit is this? Even American embassy do not calculate this to know your age.

The simple thing is to ask, what is your age? And what is your mother's age. And birth certificates and school certificates and other things will take of all this none sense..

No! Not none sense but a wicked deception meant to make you follow the distraction in sleight of hand.

As every grown up has seen, no one has ever used this shit, not even detectives.

And maths had plenty of these and they are meant to keep us busy doing a nullity, which is why people have come to say education is a scam.

I say the education they give is preparing us to be scammed. It is a case of using the Truth as the vehicle for delivering lies.

Though I do not have much time now to respond to your ignorance, i will like you to know that life it self would have been vague without mathematics.
No innovations nor inventions has ever takes place in the history of man without the input of mathematics.
Bro, the device in your hand is a product of binary.
Regards to your fam.

1 Like

Re: My Cousin Brought This To Me, Please Help Me! by Donchieli: 9:01am On Jun 17, 2022
Bros how dz ur explanation take bring to bearing the factorial difference of twice the number /figure

So if you are 13 and they say someone is twice your age, the person would be 18
Seriously

Abusadiq01:

I also thought it was 10, bt let's assume u are bako, if someone say u are twice as old as Ur were five years ago, does that means u are 10 years old? No! U can be 18 years now, bt five years ago, u were 18-5=13years old
Re: My Cousin Brought This To Me, Please Help Me! by Skyehigher1: 9:02am On Jun 17, 2022
With this question the answer is . Bako is 10 years. His mother is currently 50 years of age. His mother is 25 years when she gave birth to bako . And bako is now 35 years of age. Now let me give the answer straight. (1)Bako is 10 years... (2) his mother is 25 years then....(3) his mother is supposed to be 60 years now
Re: My Cousin Brought This To Me, Please Help Me! by Nobody: 9:04am On Jun 17, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

You see why I hate daft mugus on this forum that carry their "I too know" heads everywhere even when its not needed. Everything is lie and deceit to them. Religion is no longer the only lie even Mathematics and it's use is also deceit. common sense did not tell you that you will not be on nairaland today or even own a phone without mathematics. My pity goes to you and the 32 daft goats that liked your daft comment.
Re: My Cousin Brought This To Me, Please Help Me! by Okbaba: 9:05am On Jun 17, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

The simple thing is to ask, what is your age? And what is your mother's age. And birth certificates and school certificates and other things will take of all this none sense....Truth as the vehicle for delivering lies.

Today you are encouraging mental laziness; tomorrow you will blame Africa of being backward forgetting that it is this kind of mental exercise that prepares and sharpens young scientist minds for advances and discoveries

1 Like

Re: My Cousin Brought This To Me, Please Help Me! by MadarasBlade(m): 9:06am On Jun 17, 2022
blazingblender:
Matter long ooh

You know book.
Re: My Cousin Brought This To Me, Please Help Me! by Nobody: 9:08am On Jun 17, 2022
blazingblender:
Matter long ooh
absolutely right 100%....go and drink 1 glass of warm water mix with ginger and honey....I no dey give Shi shi
Re: My Cousin Brought This To Me, Please Help Me! by felixawe(m): 9:09am On Jun 17, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

is why people have come to say education is a scam.

E choke you shocked

What's your answer ? shocked
Re: My Cousin Brought This To Me, Please Help Me! by SaturnNick(m): 9:12am On Jun 17, 2022
chatinent:
Simple maths you cannot do but you know all the suya joints in Gwagwalada.
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Ok. Show us the calculations
Re: My Cousin Brought This To Me, Please Help Me! by 6ixT8: 9:12am On Jun 17, 2022
Simultaneous equation that year. cheesy
Re: My Cousin Brought This To Me, Please Help Me! by Bahamas95(m): 9:13am On Jun 17, 2022
BRIGHT180:
Let Bako current age = x

y-5 =6(x-5)
35-5= 6x-30
6x= 60
x=10
From their current ages mom will ALWAYS be 25 years older than Bako, therefore b = a +25, a and b now variables a for bako age , b for mom's age.

b= 5+25 =30

50 =a +25
a= 50-25 = 25

b = 0+25 = 25

2 Likes

Re: My Cousin Brought This To Me, Please Help Me! by HarunaWest(m): 9:15am On Jun 17, 2022
Abusadiq01:

Oga calm down. Just say you can't process math quickly. It took me less than 30 sec to figure out all the answers.

1 Like

Re: My Cousin Brought This To Me, Please Help Me! by obinna58(m): 9:16am On Jun 17, 2022
BRIGHT180:
Let Bako current age = x

y-5 =6(x-5)
35-5= 6x-30
6x= 60
x=10

b= 5+25 =30

50 =a +25
a= 50-25 = 25

b = 0+25 = 25

Comrade wey sabi
Teacher sef go wan learn from you
Re: My Cousin Brought This To Me, Please Help Me! by Idaytesj29(m): 9:16am On Jun 17, 2022
Tolexander:
Bako’s age = 10years

Bako’s mum was 30years when Bako was 5years

Bako will be 25 years when his mother is 50years

Bako’s mother was 25years when she gave birth to Bako

Their age difference is 25

Good one there. To be able to know all this, me I think you are the Bako. You know all the age finish. If not, no be juju be that? grin
Re: My Cousin Brought This To Me, Please Help Me! by Jh0wsef(m): 9:16am On Jun 17, 2022
BRIGHT180:
Let Bako current age = x

y-5 =6(x-5)
35-5= 6x-30
6x= 60
x=10

b= 5+25 =30

50 =a +25
a= 50-25 = 25

b = 0+25 = 25

No wonder your name is Bright.
You're bright indeed. well detailed explanation.
Nice one bro
Re: My Cousin Brought This To Me, Please Help Me! by Talkizcheap: 9:21am On Jun 17, 2022
Guy! You know boooooook choooooii

BRIGHT180:
Let Bako current age = x

y-5 =6(x-5)
35-5= 6x-30
6x= 60
x=10

b= 5+25 =30

50 =a +25
a= 50-25 = 25

b = 0+25 = 25

Re: My Cousin Brought This To Me, Please Help Me! by graceapadija: 9:24am On Jun 17, 2022
I usually tell people, especially friends that mathematics is very important, and if you don't have interest in it just like the case of many, please learn because of your future kids because one day those simple mathematics you are ignoring now, your kid will bring home some homework on it and ask for your help.
Re: My Cousin Brought This To Me, Please Help Me! by anonymuz(m): 9:24am On Jun 17, 2022
BRIGHT180:
Let Bako current age = x

y-5 =6(x-5)
35-5= 6x-30
6x= 60
x=10

b= 5+25 =30

50 =a +25
a= 50-25 = 25

b = 0+25 = 25

correct.
Re: My Cousin Brought This To Me, Please Help Me! by Brushstrokes20: 9:25am On Jun 17, 2022
One of the main reasons I loathe maths with a passion! undecided
Let the mother and son sort out themselves jareh!
They just like to scatter person brain for nothing
grin. hian! grin
Re: My Cousin Brought This To Me, Please Help Me! by Shagamoni(m): 9:26am On Jun 17, 2022
You are good. You will make a good maths teacher or lecturer
BRIGHT180:
Let Bako current age = x

y-5 =6(x-5)
35-5= 6x-30
6x= 60
x=10

b= 5+25 =30

50 =a +25
a= 50-25 = 25

b = 0+25 = 25

Re: My Cousin Brought This To Me, Please Help Me! by Jsucre(m): 9:26am On Jun 17, 2022
chatinent:
Simple maths you cannot do but you know all the suya joints in Gwagwalada.
state suya joints in gwagwalada, which of the suya joints is the best in gwagwalada? Give them percentage according to their taste and their distance. Bros your time start now

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Salary For A Graduate Assistant In A Federal Polytechnic / KSU Fresh Graduate Killed By Cow Few Days After His Pictures Went Viral (pics) / Ejikeme Mmesoma: Can JAMB Type May This Way?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.