Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,868 members, 7,942,166 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 10:35 PM

Bishop Oyedepo Calls For Caution On Islamic Banking - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo Calls For Caution On Islamic Banking (5423 Views)

My Experience With Fake Bishop Oyedepo On Facebook(snapshots) / Winners Chapel's Reply To Allegations On Bishop Oyedepo / Bishop Oyedepo's Proposed Canaan City In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Calls For Caution On Islamic Banking by Leyelyzo: 3:10pm On Jul 30, 2011
@remii, ure appreciated sir. Imo oni joba o
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Calls For Caution On Islamic Banking by yesboss20(m): 3:39pm On Jul 30, 2011
Tell them Sir. They need to know.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Calls For Caution On Islamic Banking by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jul 30, 2011
Unity Bank was supposed to be all-for-Nigerian bank but the Muslim Northerners has turn it to their personal profiting Bank, collecting Loans without paying back, Even when Unity Bank was in a worse state than Savanna Bank it was not liquidated and scrapped, Now Sanusi wants another means of siphoning state money to enrich his Northern brothers, Imagine that Nincompoop with his little brain, undecided who is he gonna deceive, maybe GEJ I guess
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Calls For Caution On Islamic Banking by aletheia(m): 8:56pm On Jul 30, 2011
@Remii:

In my opinion, you have just highlighted all the reasons why I believe "Islamic banking" will fail and further impoverish the northern masses while enriching the northern elites who are once again using religion to hoodwink and scam them. Having realized the mounting resentment against decades of mass impoverishment occasioned by misrule, the northern ruling elite has once again hit upon a religious strategy to deflect attention from themselves and rally the "northern" masses as they did during the Sharia controversy. Thus it is shown that the poor Hausa masses have learned nothing. In much the same way they were promised that Sharia would solve all their developmental challenges (even though a decade on we see increased levels of poverty in Hausaland), they are now being swindled by the "great Islamic Banking hoax".

Remii:

1. When you keep money in the bank, banks have right to charge you administrative cost of keeping your money.
^
Why would I a poor struggling Hausa farmer keep my money in the bank when I am going to pay the bank for that privilege in contrast to the conventional bank which pays me money for saving money. Thus we see that the argument that "Islamic banking" will encourage some people to save is fallacious.

Remii:

2. You have right to share from profit the bank made from trading with your money.
^
And if the bank declares a loss, I am left holding the short end of the stick. This seems to me like a Ponzi scheme.

Remii:

3. You don't have interest form money kept with bank
^
No problem with that, except that as you pointed out in 1) above the bank will collect even more money from me for the privilege of keeping my money.

Remii:

4. You don't pay interest on money you borrow from bank.
^
Also to add that whatever loans the "Islamic bank" will give me will be subject to "administrative charges" which look suspiciously like interest only that it's not called interest. As the saying goes: A rose by any other name. . .
Such is the nature of "creative" Islamic jurisprudence.

Remii:

5. Bank will share profit or loss accrued from the business done with borrowed money.
^
And knowing the notoriously bad habits of Nigerian "big men" when it comes to loans, what stops them from declaring losses. Read up on how Bank of the North failed.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Calls For Caution On Islamic Banking by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jul 30, 2011
papa no vex oh, but abeg sell one of your four jets and start a low interest bank for the struggling members of your church.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Calls For Caution On Islamic Banking by mabell: 10:16pm On Jul 30, 2011
Ayo Oritsejeafor said something that sanusi is using tax payers money to campaign for the non interest islamic bank, is this true
someone with accurate info pls?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Calls For Caution On Islamic Banking by Actionleap: 10:31pm On Jul 30, 2011
What many people did not know or forgot is that Sanusi is a Muslim fundamentalist! He is the elite Boko Haram. He school in Libya under Khadafi's economic theory. He went for further studies in Yemen and one other muslim country who are very notorious in wrecking havoc. JEG is on his own if he cannot cleverly steer the ship of this great countries from these Ulamas who are bent on destroying the country and everyone in it. Did you hear that there would be A Council of Sharia experts (Which Sanusi change quickly to Council of Experts) working and paid by tax-payers who are beer drinkers and pork eaters? These hypocrites! Why can Sanusi arrange Non-Interest Banking with freedom to operate on how they will give loans as it's done in the UK? Or have you heard of Sharia Council of Experts in UK Apex Bank?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Calls For Caution On Islamic Banking by Nobody: 5:56am On Jul 31, 2011
Remii:

Please be well guided, tax and interest are two different on connected things. Citizen must pay tax to government to cover running and development of government and the country. so don't confuse people. Those bank will pay government taxes and other statutory charges.

1. When you keep money in the bank, banks have right to charge you administrative cost of keeping your money.
2. You have right to share from profit the bank made from trading with your money.
3. You don't have interest form money kept with bank
4. You don't pay interest on money you borrow from bank.
5. Bank will share profit or loss accrued from the business done with borrowed money.

Please get information
Thanks very much Remii.
Personally,i don't have anythn against Islamic banking.
I must confess, i beginning to lose confidence in my Presido.
Anyway,BIAFRAN till i die
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Calls For Caution On Islamic Banking by martinosi: 5:07pm On Jul 31, 2011
Musiwa,.:

40 U.S. Billionaires Pledge Half Of Wealth To Charity

Warren Buffett, Bill Gates, Ted Turner, George Lucas, Larry Ellison and Michael Bloomberg
Enlarge AFP/Getty Images

Those making the pledge to give away most of their money include, clockwise from upper left, investment guru Warren Buffett, Microsoft mogul Bill Gates, CNN founder Ted Turner, Hollywood director George Lucas, Oracle co-founder Larry Ellison and New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg.

Those Making The 'Giving Pledge'

Paul G. Allen
Laura and John Arnold
Michael R. Bloomberg
Eli and Edythe Broad
Warren Buffett
Michele Chan and Patrick Soon-Shiong
Barry Diller and Diane von Furstenberg
Ann and John Doerr
Larry Ellison
Bill and Melinda Gates
Barron Hilton
Jon and Karen Huntsman
Joan and Irwin Jacobs
George B. Kaiser
Elaine and Ken Langone
Gerry and Marguerite Lenfest
Lorry I. Lokey
George Lucas
Alfred E. Mann
Bernie and Billi Marcus
Thomas S. Monaghan
Tashia and John Morgridge
Pierre and Pam Omidyar
Bernard and Barbro Osher
Ronald O. Perelman
Peter G. Peterson
T. Boone Pickens
Julian H. Robertson, Jr.
David Rockefeller
David M. Rubenstein
Herb and Marion Sandler
Vicki and Roger Sant
Walter Scott, Jr.
Jim and Marilyn Simons
Jeff Skoll
Tom Steyer and Kat Taylor
Jim and Virginia Stowers
Ted Turner
Sanford and Joan Weill
Shelby White

Source: givingpledge.org
text size A A A
August 4, 2010

THESE GUYS GIVE TO TAX EXEMPT FOUNDATIONS (WHERE THEY R THE TRUSTEES - FOUNDERS AND OWNERS!!!
DONT ALLOW THE SMOKE TO FOOL YOU!!!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Calls For Caution On Islamic Banking by duby91(m): 4:53pm On Aug 03, 2011
my own opinion about dis "Islamic bank of a thing" is first of all Sanusi is a complete idiot is he serving the country or is he a religious leader(priest), ? this islamic banking thing i believe should be setup by a religious leader "because of the name", ok on the other side i have no problem with the islamic banking,, looking at the whole idea(objective) ie no intrest which is very good, but must he call it "ISLAMIC" ? even while serving the whole country, like wat Bishop Oyedepo said there is need for caution looking at the issues present in the country.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Calls For Caution On Islamic Banking by vedaxcool(m): 11:18am On Aug 04, 2011
kayci_d77:

Unity Bank was supposed to be all-for-Nigerian bank but the Muslim Northerners has turn it to their personal profiting Bank, collecting Loans without paying back, Even when Unity Bank was in a worse state than Savanna Bank it was not liquidated and scrapped, Now Sanusi wants another means of siphoning state money to enrich his Northern brothers, Imagine that Nincompoop with his little brain, undecided who is he gonna deceive, maybe GEJ I guess

When one reads statement like these, it becomes clear why Nigeria has not moved forward, During the era of Abacha, southern Christian 419ners were in the habit of set - up Banks and then deliberately crashing as a way of stealing peoples money, then Abacha set up the Failed Bank tribunal, presently all the banks that almost collapsed were headed by Southern Christians, yet we have not seen you react in this manner, Fanaticism will not help your grow, Unity bank was formerly knownn as Bank of the North, all Northern states had stakes in the Bank including the Middle Belt, I wonder why Sanusi will thinking of enriching his Northern brothers who are well know for their business acumen, the richest black man remains a Northern Muslim, this same man can buy up First Bank and Zenith bank combined, if he wanted, yet we find that all this Jokes about Northerners finding a bank for themselves is illogical and bore out of Christian fanaticism, Nobody cried blue murder with the emergence of Christian University, which will simply inculcate Christian values on those who attended the, yet we see a Christian challenge to anything a Muslim does, this challenge is simply because they cannot have a Christian Bank of their own. All this copy copy is not taking us anywhere, lets learn to practice our faith without harassing other people, Muslim are forced to observe the Sabbath on Sundays, yet we are not crying, yet we hardly find this reciprocal treatment from the Christian leaders, who think their jobs is to sore religious disharmony in the country. Nigerian masses Think! Think! Think!!! ,
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Calls For Caution On Islamic Banking by mazaje(m): 11:46am On Aug 04, 2011
vedaxcool:

Muslim are forced to observe the Sabbath on Sundays, yet we are not crying, yet we hardly find this reciprocal treatment from the Christian leaders, who think their jobs is to sore religious disharmony in the country[b]. Nigerian masses Think! Think! Think!!! ,[/b]

How can the Christians think, think and think when Muslims are ALWAYS up in arm and chanting Allahhuakbar while killing and maiming Christians at the slightest provocations. Many Christians were killed in Nigeria as a result of the post election violence by Muslims who were chanting Allah is great, no?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Calls For Caution On Islamic Banking by vedaxcool(m): 12:52pm On Aug 04, 2011
^^^^^

Nigerian masses Think! Think!! Think!!!

I hope you head the simple advise. grin

Yet the mazaje in you could not proffer answers shocked shocked shocked shocked in this thread = https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-723007.32.html#msg8818649 lol grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Calls For Caution On Islamic Banking by mazaje(m): 2:27pm On Aug 04, 2011
vedaxcool:

^^^^^

Nigerian masses Think! Think!! Think!!!

Yet the mazaje in you could not proffer answers shocked shocked shocked shocked in this thread = https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-723007.32.html#msg8818649 lol grin grin grin grin grin

The last time I checked it was an Islamic cleric that said that Muslims will fight with their last blood to see to it that Islamic banking is established. . .
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Calls For Caution On Islamic Banking by vedaxcool(m): 2:43pm On Aug 04, 2011
vedaxcool:

^^^^^

[size=18pt]Nigerian masses [/size]Think! Think!! Think!!!

I DEY LAUGH!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Calls For Caution On Islamic Banking by mazaje(m): 2:54pm On Aug 04, 2011
vedaxcool:

I DEY LAUGH!

So am I. . . .Me sef dey laugh. . .
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Calls For Caution On Islamic Banking by Danjay69(m): 12:38pm On Aug 05, 2011
I have read the numerous post by members of this forum and it beats me that we could be so judgemental about a simple issue of commerce only because it is so called Islamic! Let me begin by clarifying some misconceptions here.
1. Taxes are taxes and no Muslim will be excepted from paying taxes please.
2. As with the Jewish banking model which we practice, you will pay a fee fro services but you will not pay interest for products like loans and overdrafts. These funds will of course be collateralized to what is the noise about? Chritains are free to come borrow if you so desire, you will not be funding a fundamentalist cause!
3. I dare say some of our public analysts should do us a favour of understanding issues before they contribute to the discuss. comments once given can be misinterpreted to mean you are on the side of what you preach, too bad.
4. The said Islamic banking or Islamic Bank will not be the trade name you see when they open for business. Why then do we worry so much?
5. I believe the gentleman that brought up the issue of charitable practice is being economical with the truth or just sectional in thinking. i dare say that you will find more generous people in the north than south, that is indeed why you have more beggars! Its like prostitution, if there is no demand there will be no supply!
6. If indeed the Islamic banking practice will fail then let it be so. At least there is no harm in trying? Lets leave Sanusi alone please, one begins to wonder if there would have been any rejection of the idea if he were a christain?
7. Our elites have failed us grossly. When they want to make more money they stir the embers of what divides us so we could be hoodwinked! I believe we are smarter than all these? lets begin to let them know that pls
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Calls For Caution On Islamic Banking by Danjay69(m): 12:54pm On Aug 05, 2011
Actionleap:

What many people did not know or forgot is that Sanusi is a Muslim fundamentalist! He is the elite Boko Haram. He school in Libya under Khadafi's economic theory. He went for further studies in Yemen and one other muslim country who are very notorious in wrecking havoc. JEG is on his own if he cannot cleverly steer the ship of this great countries from these Ulamas who are bent on destroying the country and everyone in it. Did you hear that there would be A Council of Sharia experts (Which Sanusi change quickly to Council of Experts) working and paid by tax-payers who are beer drinkers and pork eaters? These hypocrites! Why can Sanusi arrange Non-Interest Banking with freedom to operate on how they will give loans as it's done in the UK? Or have you heard of Sharia Council of Experts in UK Apex Bank?

@Actionleap are you for real? U seem to see nothing good about Islam right? i possit you will extedn the same right to a non-believer of your fate if you find that kind of reaction in future? Please grow up and get to deal with your cobwebs, they limit your psyche
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Calls For Caution On Islamic Banking by masente: 6:02pm On Apr 02, 2017
islamic banking is for both muslims and non muslim if religious bias did not stop xtians from banking with it. Well you too can create christian banking too. Muslims imam does not collect tithe nor salary your pastors have turned church to a company where they make their living. Most of Islamic school are free but Christians school are costly. You better sit down and have a rethink. WE ARE NOT ROBOTS. PASTORS ARE FEEDING FAT, BUYING PRIVATE JETS, Have you ever seen an Imam with an exorbitant cars not to talk of jets?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sack Of Ighodalo: Adeboye Was Wrong — Tunde Bakare / The OLUMBA OLUMBA Story - Why He’s god / A True Life Story Of How Atheist Like Me Met Jesus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.