Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,262 members, 7,880,991 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 10:31 AM

What Is The Most Seemingly Misinterpreted Portion Of The Bible? - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Most Seemingly Misinterpreted Portion Of The Bible? (36975 Views)

Romans 9-15 The Most Misinterpreted Bible Verse. ( See True Interpretation) / Most Misinterpreted Bible Verses #3 (amos 4:6) / The Misinterpreted Knowledge Of Attracting Divine Favour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Most Seemingly Misinterpreted Portion Of The Bible? by RealEzee(m): 8:15am On Jun 20, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. I didn't ask if Jesus Christ built His Church since I know that Jesus Christ said He built- of His own hands, not the hands of men - His Church. undecided

2. I am afraid you are mistaken since you never did any of that. Particularly since nowhere in the Gospels did Jesus Christ give such authority to any man this since He said He alone is the authority over each one of those who belong in His Church - Matthew 23 vs 8 - 10 & Matthew 6 vs 24 & John 10 vs 7 - 16 & Matthew 20 vs 24 - 24 ...He alone is Teacher, Head/Master, Leader/Authority, Shepherd etc. undecided

In regards to authority like I earlier said ,the pattern of God having men act on his behalf has been even from the old testament prophets ,Amos 3:7 ,Christ extended this authority to Peter giving the keys of the kingdom, clearly stating that whatever he binds on earth will be same in heaven clearly meaning he has been given authority to act on his behalf and he,Peter, is been recognized as one having this authority, my earlier citing of scriptures explains this and Hebrews 5:4 outlines how one is given this authority to act in God's behalf .

With This authority given to Peter in the ancients he was able to not only teach the gospel of Christ with conviction but also receive revelations concerning the church in general, hence from the scriptures we can see that indeed Christ did extend this authority to Peter as he was in fore front of many pivotal events after the resurrection of Christ, for unto Peter did Christ say "feed my sheep",Peter stood to teach the people on the day of Pentecost, Peter receive the revelation for the gospel to be preached to the gentiles, Paul was called to the ministry upon revelation given to Peter ,Peter,James and John made up the presiding council ,all this I cited scriptures to explain that indeed Christ did give authority to men to act on his behalf, without it they couldn't act on his behalf ,remember that guy who thought he could buy the authority the apostles had with money? Yep authority of God cant be bought either ,hebrews clarified that.

Cheers buddy

Re: What Is The Most Seemingly Misinterpreted Portion Of The Bible? by immaculatesense(m): 9:28am On Jun 20, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

No wahala, keep whatever you think you know! smiley
Okay sir
Re: What Is The Most Seemingly Misinterpreted Portion Of The Bible? by Kobojunkie: 12:15pm On Jun 20, 2022
Heterodox:
Including Quaran.
Is the Quran in the your Bible? undecided
Re: What Is The Most Seemingly Misinterpreted Portion Of The Bible? by Kobojunkie: 12:15pm On Jun 20, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:
Nairaland's resident pastor, I need more insight into it.
Insight into what exactly? undecided
Re: What Is The Most Seemingly Misinterpreted Portion Of The Bible? by Kobojunkie: 12:18pm On Jun 20, 2022
Elmander1983:
But it still remains the order of the day
How could it be the order of the day when even after so many eons, man still struggles to take dominion of anything out there? Sure many has figured out how to multiply but have yet to truly understand fruitfulness? undecided
Re: What Is The Most Seemingly Misinterpreted Portion Of The Bible? by Kobojunkie: 12:21pm On Jun 20, 2022
RealEzee:
1.In regards to authority like I earlier said ,the pattern of God having men act on his behalf has been even from the old testament prophets ,Amos 3:7 , Christ extended this authority to Peter giving the keys of the kingdom, clearly stating that whatever he binds on earth will be same in heaven clearly meaning he has been given authority to act on his behalf and he,Peter, is been recognized as one having this authority,

2. my earlier citing of scriptures explains this and Hebrews 5:4 outlines how one is given this authority to act in God's behalf .
1. Again, where in scripture do these claims you continue to make come from? Where did Jesus Christ extend this "authority" you speak to Peter ? undecided

2. Are you certain you have read through the passage in Hebrews 5 for yourself, as it says absolutely nothing of what you claim. undecided

3. As I said, the very same keys to God's Kingdom of Heaven, which you claim "administers the resurrection" - something it doesn't do by the way - is given to every single one who is a follower of Jesus Christ meaning Jesus Christ gave those same keys to each of those who will believe Him. So how can it be said that special authority was given to Peter when scripture says otherwise? undecided
Re: What Is The Most Seemingly Misinterpreted Portion Of The Bible? by Imyourex(m): 2:33pm On Jun 20, 2022
AntiChristian:
Note that B* stands for the female Mammary organs!

1. The Prayer
Proverbs 5:18-19
18 May your fountain be blessed,
and may you rejoice in the wife of your youth.
19 A loving doe, a graceful deer—
may her b* satisfy you always,
may you ever be intoxicated with her love.

(Say Amen)

2. My Beloved
Song of Songs 1:13-14
13 My beloved is to me a sachet of myrrh
resting between my b*.
14 My beloved is to me a cluster of henna blossoms
from the vineyards of En Gedi.

3. Your B*
Song of Songs 4:5-6
5 Your b* are like two fawns,
like twin fawns of a gazelle
that browse among the lilies.
6 Until the day breaks
and the shadows flee,
I will go to the mountain of myrrh
and to the hill of incense.

4. More description
Song of Songs 7:7-8
7 Your stature is like that of the palm,
and your b* like clusters of fruit.
8 I said, “I will climb the palm tree;
I will take hold of its fruit.”
May your b* be like clusters of grapes on the vine,
the fragrance of your breath like apples,

5. Kiss of life
Song of Songs 8:1
8 If only you were to me like a brother,
who was nursed at my mother’s b*!
Then, if I found you outside,
I would kiss you,
and no one would despise me.

6. Little sister with no B*
Song of Songs 8:8-10
8 We have a little sister,
and her b* are not yet grown.
What shall we do for our sister
on the day she is spoken for?
9 If she is a wall,
we will build towers of silver on her.
If she is a door,
we will enclose her with panels of cedar.

7. B* like towers
Song of Songs 8:10
10 I am a wall,
and my b* are like towers.
Thus I have become in his eyes
like one bringing contentment.

Weyrey leleyi o cheesy
Re: What Is The Most Seemingly Misinterpreted Portion Of The Bible? by Heterodox(m): 2:55pm On Jun 20, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Is the Quran in the your Bible? undecided
It's a scripture. You said scripture.
Re: What Is The Most Seemingly Misinterpreted Portion Of The Bible? by Kobojunkie: 3:05pm On Jun 20, 2022
Heterodox:
It's a scripture. You said scripture.
It is not scripture when referring to the Bible now, is it? undecided
Re: What Is The Most Seemingly Misinterpreted Portion Of The Bible? by Janosky: 3:16pm On Jun 20, 2022
immaculatesense:

Dear Janosky
I can't be making repetition...just go read my comments...u will av full understanding...and u can just use bossom to mean just bossom friend,bossom closeness ,beside...check the etymology of the word and how it is bn used in the passage...if i say the food in my bossom...do I mean food close to me or beside me?...it means the food in my belly,inside me...
So u can't retrict the meaning to merely closeness...check the etymology,compare with other scriptures like when[b] Jesus said I am in the Father and the Father in me...does he mean I am beside the Father and the Father is beside me[/b]...then u can't objectively decide which synonym fits bossom between "in the Father " and "beside the Father"...

Hoping u will be objective in ur decision...but it's a difficult choice u alone can take

John 17:21-23, Oga pls take note of the bold print

"That all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you.May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me.
22 I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one
23 I in them and you in me—so that they may be brought to complete unity. Then the world will know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved"

John 17:21, the disciples are in us (in Jesus & in the Father).
Verse 22: the disciples be one as Jesus & the Father are one.
Whatever you believe is oneness of Jesus and the Father is also oneness of the disciples.
Verse 23: Jesus (i) in them (the disciples) and you (the Father) in me"- Jesus and the Father are in the disciples.

Oga, according to your claim based on John 17:21-23, Jesus and the Father are living in the bosom of the disciples.

John 17:21-23 & John 14:20, Jesus Christ says your claim is faulty.

Acts 2:33 concludes the matter. grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Most Seemingly Misinterpreted Portion Of The Bible? by Heterodox(m): 4:24pm On Jun 20, 2022
Kobojunkie:
It is not scripture when referring to the Bible now, is it? undecided
All religious books are scriptures.
Re: What Is The Most Seemingly Misinterpreted Portion Of The Bible? by Elmander1983(m): 6:21pm On Jun 20, 2022
Lol
Kobojunkie:
How could it be the order of the day when even after so many eons, man still struggles to take dominion of anything out there? Show many has figured out how to multiply but has he figured out fruitfulness? undecided
Re: What Is The Most Seemingly Misinterpreted Portion Of The Bible? by immaculatesense(m): 8:45pm On Jun 20, 2022
Janosky:

John 17:21-23, Oga pls take note of the bold print

"That all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you.May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me.
22 I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one
23 I in them and you in me—so that they may be brought to complete unity. Then the world will know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved"

John 17:21, the disciples are in us (in Jesus & in the Father).
Verse 22: the disciples be one as Jesus & the Father are one.
Whatever you believe is oneness of Jesus and the Father is also oneness of the disciples.
Verse 23: Jesus (i) in them (the disciples) and you (the Father) in me"- Jesus and the Father are in the disciples.

Oga, according to your claim based on John 17:21-23, Jesus and the Father are living in the bosom of the disciples.

John 17:21-23 & John 14:20, Jesus Christ says your claim is faulty.

Acts 2:33 concludes the matter. grin
Dear Janosky
Sorry for the late reply...I was busy
I really do not understand all day u quoted me about anyways...but all u put up there are things I also support except two...
1) You view on Jesus bn an archangel Michael is faulty and wrong...I av explained dat in my write up to MaxinDHouse in this or another thread...I don't know...I can be rewriting stuffs...go and look for it...once u see it...quote me on it and ask ur question...
2) You view on Trinity...cos u don't know wat day means...I am partly in support but to an Extent and here it is...
Trinity is Tri+unity
Tri means three
Unity means oneness of purpose

So,when u hear Trinity...alot of scholar misexplain it that leads to controversy...the Father,Son and Holy spirit are United in Purpose and Mission both in creation and salvation...that is wat Trinity really is...but the argument area is...
Are this three in the same hierarchy?
That is the problem..and I av explained that on another or this thread I don't know...go look for it...but this is the summary...
Christ always maintain that the Father is greater than the son...just go and look for that post of mine...u will c my view...if u av questions or comments on it...quote me on that particular comment...
Thank u
Re: What Is The Most Seemingly Misinterpreted Portion Of The Bible? by sonmvayina(m): 9:33pm On Jun 20, 2022
Isaiah 7:14
Re: What Is The Most Seemingly Misinterpreted Portion Of The Bible? by Emusan(m): 8:56am On Jun 21, 2022
Janosky:
Luke 16:22-23,is Lazarus living inside Abraham?

Whenever it suits this lying liar, Luke 16:22-23 is figurative but here see him using the same Luke 16:22-23 as real event cheesy grin grin cheesy grin cheesy grin grin

Una want to change holy scripture to suit Trinity GIBBERISH.

Is it not you and your organization that do change the scripture especially a place like Luke 16?; cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Seemingly Misinterpreted Portion Of The Bible? by 7arrows: 9:19am On Jun 21, 2022
Cypress042:
Lol, do you have any other bible apart from the one i know? Not doubting you tho but because of the way you wrote it smiley

Is it in your bible?
Re: What Is The Most Seemingly Misinterpreted Portion Of The Bible? by Emusan(m): 9:28am On Jun 21, 2022
Janosky:
Greek 1510 "WAS" without definite article at John 10:33, Acts 28:6, Acts 12:22, "was a god".
Four scriptural evidences & examples & more which your fellow Trinitarians agreed.

This has been thrashed years ago cheesy grin cheesy grin grin

Wayo Trinitarian dubiously put "is" wey no deh him Bible at John 1:1grin grin

Olodo....I didn't quote scripture here (remember you too said 'the woman IS a man') so I know what I'm saying Jesus is God, or you put it in your own way Jesus is a god, isn't it?

Wayo Trinitarian posting faulty analogy.

Did your Bible tell you Adam and Eve is one being?
John 10:30 & John 4:24, did Jesus Christ tell is one being?

Your Friend OLAADEGBU said "Jesus is Jehovah".
1 Corinthians 11:3 Greek: "the God is Head of Christ, the man is head of woman".
Do you agree?

Adam and Eve are one not the same being.

I know you're too dull, He says Jesus is Jehovah not The Father cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

Genesis 5:1 references only Adam.
Genesis 5:2,"so both Male and the female were collectively called MAN"
Yes !

That's the point, so tell your brother MaxinDhouse that cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

Did God ever tell Emusan that Adam and Eve is one being?

Did I tell JaNosenses that The Word and The Father are ONE BEING? cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

Why do you claim that 2 entities, Jesus & his Father is one being?

Can you provide where I made the claim? cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

You have started displaying your father the Devil traits

Did God collectively call his son & himself by one name as he called Adam and Eve "Man"?
No !
Oga, your fake analogy goes to the dustbin. grin

Olodo....MAN isn't a name cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

Genesis 1:26 "Let us make man" references only Adam.
Why?
Genesis 1:27, "And God went on to create the man (Adam),in God's image He created him (Adam).

Genesis 2:20-21 Eve was an afterthought.
"The man" Adam, did you see it? grin

Lying liar!

Eve was captured in that Gen 1:26-27

Gen 1:26 says "And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and LET THEM have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them."

This single statement shows you're a lying liar JWs like your father the Devil.

Imagine, your god is having after thought cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy

Emusan,Why do you like to deceive yourself?
Genesis 1:26-27, is Eve "the Man"?
No way !
Genesis 1:27" ;DThe Man" Adam ! Full stop.
The woman is not "the Man" Adam.

Who says the woman is THE MAN? Mr JaNosenses grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

The woman is a man By nature.

That is my point which you called FAULTY ANALOGY, so are you okay upstair?

Likewise,"the Word was with the God (his Father, ho Theos) recall,Adam is "the Man" not Eve).

Nobody says Eve is THE MAN, now you understand why THE MAN was used for Adam

That's for distinction between male and female. The same Ho Thoes was used for the Father

Likewise,"the word is a god" like God,godlike, divine by nature.

If you agreed that "the woman is a MAN by nature" then your above point is nonsensical because Eve and Adam have THE SAME NATURE not that the nature of The woman RESEMBLE that of Adam cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

Sense is far from you!

By nature ,the word resembles God.
By nature, the woman resembles Man.
Na JWs ,Emphatic Diaglott, James Moffat,Sahidic Coptic truly understand John 1:1[/b] grin

It's evident the reason why you have to employ the word "RESEMBLE" meanwhile, Eve or the woman never RESEMBLE the man rather have the SAME NATURE with The Man.

In conclusion, The Word has the same NATURE with The God which is the point of John 1:1, so the Word is GOD not a lesser god. cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy
Re: What Is The Most Seemingly Misinterpreted Portion Of The Bible? by Janosky: 8:47pm On Jun 22, 2022
Emusan:

Whenever it suits this lying liar, Luke 16:22-23 is figurative but here see him using the same Luke 16:22-23 as real event

According to your mumu claim does Lazarus live inside father Abraham?

Ordeh you are too dullgrin grin cheesy grin cheesy grin grin

Emusan:

Is it not you and your organization that do change the scripture especially a place like Luke 16?;
Continue deceiving yourself, Mr LIENUS cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: What Is The Most Seemingly Misinterpreted Portion Of The Bible? by Ubanz: 8:49am On Jun 23, 2022
RealEzee:
grin aswear

Even when the evidence of the manifestation of this is there in acts 2 where the apostles actually spoke the language/tongue of the people present on the day of Pentecost, as in actual language/dialect which made the people to marvel saying shebi this guys na from Galilee kwa grin

My brother I tireoo. When you ask them whose tongue are they speaking,they will say unless you are filled with the holy spirit u will not understand. Habaaa.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

The Meaning Of Chukwu Abiama / Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work / "Don't Bleach Your Skin" - Apostle Suleman Warns Ladies, Men (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.